The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825

...today has another meaning as well.  On Friday, two men were stabbed to death and a third badly injured on a tram in east Portland when they stepped forward to defend a Muslim teen who was being threatened by a self avowed sociopath known for embracing hate speech and being involved in supremacist activities.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146
    edited May 2017

cheeky 

I can't figure out how to do this.  You'll have to click on the thumbnail.  angry

chicken dinner.png
    674 x 662 - 473K
    Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

Chicken?  That looks like a duckling.

You may be right.    Carry on...   indecision

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365

It's a baby mutant platypus.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

'it tastes like chicken"  - think was a Stargate movie line smiley

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055

Tjohn said:

laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  

Dana

is it Toosday yet?

2 days to an ISO audit. >.<

bigger is better?  tee hee

Core i7 3D Modeling & AutoCAD System Intel i7 6950X Up to 4.0Ghz (10 Core) 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD & 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro, NVIDIA Quadro M4000 w/8GB, 750W PS, Mid-Tower, Liquid Cooled

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    edited May 2017
    Mistara said:

Core i7 3D Modeling & AutoCAD System Intel i7 6950X Up to 4.0Ghz (10 Core) 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD & 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro, NVIDIA Quadro M4000 w/8GB, 750W PS, Mid-Tower, Liquid Cooled

IAMNotWorthy.jpg
    638 x 882 - 56K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    Mistara said:

...nice but most likely pricey with that Quadro M4000.  Better off with an 11 GB 1080 Ti..

....back to dreary damp weather through Thursday, though at least not as chilly.

yup, dreary out.  inside too  sigh

escaping in daydreams, big cpu blush

big burly cpu?  not sure what burly means exactly,
    burly makes me think of the guy in popeye after olive oil, mebbe burly means anchor belly tatts?

eating chobani for lunch today. chobani and a side of bonana

beanie booos watchin me eat.

oh remember that virtual reality render contest last year, one with the 500 gc, finally thought of something to render for it  enlightened

edited May 2017

...well intel just announced their forthcoming Skyklake X series (branded i9).  On the large CPU end of the scale there will be an 8 core 12 core, 16 core and 18 core.  As they are Skylake, they should still work with older versions of the Windows OS.

Not for the faint of wallet though, as the 18 core will retail for 1,999$.  However considering the price of current 10 core i7 is just under 1,700$, an  additional 300$ of so is not bad for 8 more cores (16 more threads).  The 16 core (32 CPU threads) has my interest, up to 4.0 GHz (turbo) for 1,699$.   Still pricier than the dual Sandy Bridge Xeons I am looking at (about twice the cost) but faster and easier to find memory for as most large DDR3 memory kits for the Xeon V3 series are ECC server memory and proprietary to specific brands of motherboards.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

I am tired.

...tired and achy here thanks to the sudden weather change from sunny with temps in 80 and 90s to low 60s and drizzle.

7 minutes to the bus.  i better start packing up for the day.

I am Groot...

Tjohn said:

I am Groot...

Is that from the Guardian of the Universe?  I saw a commercial with that little...um...guy in it.  I don't see many movies these days...too expensive.  I try to catch some when they show up in the free movies category.

Dana

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Mistara said:

That's the exact same case I've got! yes

edited May 2017

..I always wondered, what is thefascination with having a window on the side panel that shows the guts of the system off?  Muscle cars of the 60s didn't have glass bonnets (though occasionally a few has superchargers that extended above).

Must be a gamer thing:  "Look I got three 1080 Ti's and all the disco lights to show them off".

I would rather have a solid sidwall with a big fan or two to improve airflow like my old Antec P-193 has. .

When you have a full tower case on the floor next to your desk, one bad misstep or push of the vacuum cleaner, and there are shards of glass inside your system.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I think on this case, it was cheaper to have the window than not. Mine's crammed into the space between my desk and the wall, so you can't see that side anyway!

Notice too, there are no external drive bays (so no optical drive) - not that I've used or bought software that came on DVD in some years.

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

I am Groot...

Is that from the Guardian of the Universe?  I saw a commercial with that little...um...guy in it.  I don't see many movies these days...too expensive.  I try to catch some when they show up in the free movies category.

Dana

Guardians of the Galaxy 2, yes. Marvel film. I enjoyed the first one very much. Looking forward to seeing this one.

I couldn't see your image, but GOTG2 is pretty good craic. Don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Mr Blue Sky again without seeing dancing baby Groot . . .

Groooot

iso audit is tomorrow.  a bucket of calibration certificates to organize.

finally finished the safety data sheets project yesterday.  i hate sharepoint.  a lot of those SDS product names had ampersands and percent signs, sharepoint no accept those.

in either case (bwahaha 'case')  all that power it still can't run final cut pro

Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

I am Groot...

Dana

Guardians of the Galaxy 2, yes. Marvel film. I enjoyed the first one very much. Looking forward to seeing this one.

Oh, the Galaxy.  I guess I gave them more credit than was due.  laugh  

I don't think the first one has even been in the OnDemand free line-up yet.

Dana

This discussion has been closed.