What is it that causes this in my renders?

Does anyone know what causes a sort of shiny and grainy appearance on skin in iray renders? It's kind of hard to explain, but I included a picture that contains both an iray render and 3delight render overlayed on top of it. Most of the image is the iray render, but I cut out some slits to show the difference between the skin appearance. I get that they're two completely different engines, so comparing them is kind of pointless, but I was just wondering what settings cause this grainy/shiny appearance. I'm not a fan of that grain, and I would like it to appear smoother. I believe I used Anagennesis 2 on the iray render, if that matters. Thanks!

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'd try it without the Anagenesis 2 product and see if that's the culprit. Eliminate that but also first check and see if you have, in Render settings, the Iray renderer turned on, the samples and seconds turned up. Maybe it's not rendering long enough for details to fill in. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,887

Almost looks like metallic flakes?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Might also try rendering for longer with Iray and changing the render and light  settings for 3DL.

• Thanks for the quick replies guys! I dropped the metallic flakes weight down to 0, but it still had the same appearance for the most part. That was actually a G2F 3Delight skin that I converted to iray using Anagenesis 2 but I've seen it happen with G3F skins too. I'll try out some renders without Anagenesis and see how it turns out.

• Crushguy05Crushguy05 Posts: 87
    edited January 2017

I have another question, sort of related to this. In the picture I attached, how come the toes look pretty low-res compared to the rest of the foot? Everything but the toes looks pretty realistic and detailed, but theres something weird going on with the texture on the toes. Is this just because of the way the texture was made? The skin is Lilith 7. 

Edit: I realized the Beauty Toe HD morph was loaded for this, but I turned it off and the toes still looked noticeably bad.

54535345345.png
    1389 x 701 - 1M
    Post edited by Crushguy05 on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

It looks like the bump and/or normal values are too high to me. Try reducing these to see if that is the problem.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

On the second image it looks like there is no toe detail in the original texture map, as well as the bump/normal being to high.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2017

is it a shoes toes pose?  could happen if trying to wear shoes

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Looks like she's been wearing shoes that are too tight!  Must be those Armor high heels!  laugh

Dana

• agree with others, looks like overkill on the bump map