Daz Art by kylumi

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We all need to bully Szark into starting his own render thread here, because he does do some seriously good work.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

kylumi Yeah no problem. I am quite enjoying the challenge...it has been a while since I got a buzz from making an image. I think she is turning out quite nice. I am throwing everything at it, UberSurface 2,SSS maps, IDL via UberEnviroment, Uber Spot etc.

Jaderail. So far the Autofit works better than before. GenX doesn't work, waiting for an update hopefully. I click on a free Area light set which crashed DS4.5 RC2 without warning. But apart from that all is well. The new DUF format saves quicker than before. I see some a seeing a slow down with this new format. But it is the opposite for me.The UI seems more responsive, no slow downs. But I have only been using for about 6 hours solid.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    Frank0314 said:
    We could all learn a lot from you. Keep up the great work.

Frank if you asked me how to adjust skin surfaces, or the best lighting set-up to use and what scaling to use for a specific character.......I would honestly not be able to tell you, I am just a dial twiddler. :lol:

Well then your a good "twiddler". Your images come out perfect.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    We all need to bully Szark into starting his own render thread here, because he does do some seriously good work.
    Thx Cho I will think about it.................ok I thought about it. I will start one but I will have to start it off with a pick of the crop from my DA gallery.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Szark. Could you save a Genesis with all your Custum morphs with Gen X before you installed DS4.5 and then use that genesis figure in DS4.5? Or do you need the Gen X plugin for the tranfers to work in DS4.5?

Looking forward to a Szark thread, that will be in my must lurk list.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    chohole said:
    Thx Cho I will think about it.................ok I thought about it. I will start one but I will have to start it off with a pick of the crop from my DA gallery.

Best way to start.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Thanks for the info Szark. Could you save a Genesis with all your Custum morphs with Gen X before you installed DS4.5 and then use that genesis figure in DS4.5? Or do you need the Gen X plugin for the tranfers to work in DS4.5?

Looking forward to a Szark thread, that will be in my must lurk list.
    Funny enough Genesis retained the GenX morphs I had left after I uninstalled the GenX plug-in which was nice. I test a couple of them and they seemed to work ok.

Indeed Cho

Now back to some cool kylumi art. :coolgrin:

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

These are Reality Renders from last year.

This year I have been spending much more time using 3D Delight as I was useless at lighting Daz scene renders, I have picked up a lot of useful info from various threads in the forum regarding lighting ect, but as usual I just wander off and do my own thing, again! :lol:

The_Irezumi_kylumi_small.jpg
    574 x 800 - 356K
    Ronin_by_kylumi_small.jpg
    545 x 800 - 512K
    Phesaleda_by_kylumi_small.jpg
    556 x 800 - 383K
    The_Hobo_kylumi_kylumi.jpg
    545 x 800 - 162K
    Daniella_Montroband_Adventuress_kylumi_small.jpg
    514 x 800 - 348K
    edited December 1969

Great images as usual. I've yet to nail down Reality.

edited December 1969

Kylumi I am well impressed by most everything you have poste so far. This sort of image is one I have not nailed down yet. I do tend to do more landscape type images, although I have managed a couple of passable protrait type ones in bryce.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Great images as usual. I've yet to nail down Reality.

Thank you very much my friend,

Funny thing Frank, I absolutely loved Reality but the more I learned the more complex it became for me to set up scenes. When I knew nothing about it I was able to do a couple of renders a day. This is not a fault of Reality its the way I go about things........lol.
    I purchased Paolo's video tuts but up until now I have only watched the intro!! :lol:

All I want to do is bang out an image as fast and as simply as I can, as long as I have something half decent then I have had my Daz fix for the day............:lol:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kylumi I am well impressed by most everything you have poste so far. This sort of image is one I have not nailed down yet. I do tend to do more landscape type images, although I have managed a couple of passable protrait type ones in bryce.

Aw! thank you Pam.

I have Bryce I opened it a couple of times but it looks a bit complex to me......so, no joy there!
    I do use Vue, which I think is great but, I suppose for now I am a Daz addict.

Like you I enjoy making some kind of landscape but, at the moment most of my Vue content is not really up to it , but today I was actually thinking about using it again. :)

Portraits are my all time fave genre though! ;-)

edited June 2012

One day I will see reality and be in it for a change. LOL I am on a mission to get a better desktop and Reality.I so love seeing what can be done. I have played with LuxBlend a little but as of yet never started a render project.

Another great batch there kylumi. I remember a couple of them and I am still impressed. ;)

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

There are soooo many adjustments that can be made in Reality it numbs my brain just thinking about it. It is an excellent plug in and well worth the money.

edited December 1969

here you go kylumi http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2765/#36004 One of my fastest image to date, 2 days from start to finish. I wanted to see how good I can be in a short period of time. I usually spend from two weeks to a month per image. Longer in some cases.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

man, your renders are fantastic. "the hobo" is one of my favs i think, that looks so damn realistic, really great work :)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    here you go kylumi http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2765/#36004 One of my fastest image to date, 2 days from start to finish. I wanted to see how good I can be in a short period of time. I usually spend from two weeks to a month per image. Longer in some cases.

mr. szark I tip my head. the "black jack" render is my fav that is so great even because of the idea, really great

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    man, your renders are fantastic. "the hobo" is one of my favs i think, that looks so damn realistic, really great work :)

Thank you very much my friend,its great to hear which of my images give people the most pleasure. :-)

edited December 1969

OK guys, its all the way back to page 6..................I have ditched the "Gun Girl" and replaced her with something slightly different. ;-)

Please let me know if you think it is an improvement or not, thank you.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1389/P75

edited December 1969

Holy Smokes Batman! For the replacement. Followed with Jaw on Floor for the following renders I never commented on.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Holy Smokes Batman! For the replacement. Followed with Jaw on Floor for the following renders I never commented on.

I was going to change her, then I wasn't ..............then I read that you were going to update some of your artwork and that kinda triggered me into updating the "Gun Girl".............but, to be honest Jade when I have done the final render I am so bloody bored staring at the same image I very seldom go back to them.

Thank you for your kind comment my friend ;-)

edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    Jaderail said:

I was going to change her, then I wasn't ..............then I read that you were going to update some of your artwork and that kinda triggered me into updating the "Gun Girl".............but, to be honest Jade when I have done the final render I am so bloody bored staring at the same image I very seldom go back to them.

Thank you for your kind comment my friend ;-) I still want classes. Heck I could start a school from the people in just this one thread, the Art Studio Forum would be a full collage of 3D art. I would be the first student to sign up.

edited December 1969

V4 Engineer/Beta: Reprisal

I was lucky enough to be given the chance by midnightstories to run-up his fantastic V4 Engineer Beta model in Daz4.

This image was made using midnightstories original incomplete files which I received by mistake. I have since been given the complete files which includes a great set of 16 mats plus headgear hide morphs.

But, I just thought it would be a shame not to post this image....so, I am honored to present:
    MIDNIGHT STORIES, V4 ENGINEER, made in Daz4, straight out of box with no morphs applied and a little bit of my own stuff thrown in.

Midnight_Stories_Engineer_by_kylumi_800.jpg
    533 x 800 - 219K
    edited December 1969

Saeh Aehimoe by kylumi

Rendered in Reality with all kinds of lighting, film and camera adjustments.
    I think this image shows the sculpturing skills of midnight_stories. This happens to be my favorite image using his Engineer suit.

Saeh_Aehimoe_by_kylumi_800.jpg
    533 x 800 - 275K
    edited December 1969

How Lucky......This image is one of four images I produced that were chosen for publication in, "The Official Guide to Using DAZ Studio to Create Beautiful Art" available from Amazon.

Male of the Species is the Genesis figure using hand-rolled morphs before being rendered in Daz Studio 4. This was the main criteria, plus no post-work was to be used.

Thank you.

Male_of_the_Species_by_kylumi_800.jpg
    800 x 800 - 255K
    edited December 1969

Great to see you back again. I keep checking to see if you have posted any more images.

edited December 1969

Saeh Aehimoe by kylumi Nicccccccccce Reality render there dude. Don't you just hate when others are learning a piece of software what you can't even run. LOL I am so envious of you Reality folks. One day I will be there. Anyways enough about me as Cho said glad to see you back doing what you do best. :)

edited December 1969

Hey, Cho.............thank you.

Don't forget to cheer Team England, rofl!...........damn we are doing great!

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Saeh Aehimoe by kylumi Nicccccccccce Reality render there dude. Don't you just hate when others are learning a piece of software what you can't even run. LOL I am so envious of you Reality folks. One day I will be there. Anyways enough about me as Cho said glad to see you back doing what you do best. :)

Thank you very much my friend.....funny enough I tend to use Daz4 render engine more than Reality....[cos, I am lazy]...lol.

edited December 1969

LOL I am too busy to be lazy but like you haven't rendered much recently. That is about the change as I have given myself a challenge.