Kids 4 clothing on Genesis 3

James_HJames_H Posts: 1,011

I have been struggling with this. I've been trying to get some older stuff onto Genesis 3 but without success. At first I tried to load some .duf files (Regency Boy/Girl) but that didn't achieve anything. However I can get .cr2 files at least to load, but autofit doesn't work as it does with Genesis. With Genesis I see the Kids 4 clone in the drop down menu, but with Genesis 3 I only see V4 & M4. I have 'Wear them all'.

So what should happen with .duf files? Is there an intermediate step to get some form of autofit with Genesis 3? Is there an associated .cr2?

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited January 2017

It's a two step process. Load the Kids 4 outfit onto Genesis and then save it as a "Wearable(s) Preset". Then load that saved wearable preset onto Genesis 3, and when it asks what figure it's designed for, pick "Genesis". You can then save it as a wearable preset again and this time it will save as a Genesis 3 wearable and you won't have to go through that process again. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,324

Do you have GenX 2, and the genesis 3 plug-in?, if so you can transfer the K4 shape over to G3M/G3F and use that to make a K4 clone for autofit. Alternatively you have to fit to Genesis, then fit that to G2M, and finally fit that to G3M using the built in clones we all have. However having your own K4 clone for Genesis 3 is quicker and does a better job (as no need to auto-fit three times). BTW I used the Poser CR2 files to load the clothing, the included DS files did not work for some reason.

Below is G3M wearing many items of Regency for K4 using the K4 clone I set up. If auto-fits pretty well, even the shoes (although I added a smoothing modifer to the shoes to correct poke through with the socks). The Regency Girl outfit is likely not to auto-fit quite so well, as dresses often cause issues, I can try that if you want.

K4 Regency on G3M.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 50K
    edited January 2017
    Havos said:

Do you have GenX 2, and the genesis 3 plug-in?, if so you can transfer the K4 shape over to G3M/G3F and use that to make a K4 clone for autofit. Alternatively you have to fit to Genesis, then fit that to G2M, and finally fit that to G3M using the built in clones we all have. However having your own K4 clone for Genesis 3 is quicker and does a better job (as no need to auto-fit three times). BTW I used the Poser CR2 files to load the clothing, the included DS files did not work for some reason.

Below is G3M wearing many items of Regency for K4 using the K4 clone I set up. If auto-fits pretty well, even the shoes (although I added a smoothing modifer to the shoes to correct poke through with the socks). The Regency Girl outfit is likely not to auto-fit quite so well, as dresses often cause issues, I can try that if you want.

Since he has "Wear them All" he would only have to fit it to Genesis and then he could fit it onto Genesis 3 straight from Genesis. Saving as a wearable preset first after getting it to Genesis, and then loading that wearable preset onto Genesis 3, often helps cut down on clothing distortion. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    Havos said:

Since he has "Wear them All" he would only have to fit it to Genesis and then he could fit it onto Genesis 3 straight from Genesis. Saving as a wearable preset first after getting it to Genesis, and then loading that wearable preset onto Genesis 3, often helps cut down on clothing distortion. 

True, I had missed the fact he said he had that product, although a 3 step process would still be needed if he did not. I think a direct clone does the best job

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,011
    Havos said:

I do have GenX & Genesis 3, which is what is puzzling me - I am not sure why I can't do this automatically without going through Genesis. How do I get the K4 shape to Genesis 3? That must be where I am going wrong.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,756

Yes, how do you create your own clone? I would like to do this with A3/V3/M3/V2/M2 items too. 

Using Generation X, transfer any K4 morph to Genesis 3, and this will create a K4 shape for you. You should see the morph under Actor/Generation X/*** People ***

Creating a clone from a morph has been documented in a number of places, but I will repeat the steps here:

1) Change G3F to base resolution and morph her to K4 using the morph created by GenX

2) Export G3F as an obj, saving the file as Kids 4.

3) Import the obj file using Morph Loader Pro

4) Locate the loaded morph under Parameters/Morphs/Morph Loader.

5) Click the small settings icon on Kids 4, and select Parameter Settings. In the pop-up box, type should be Modifier/Shape, change this to Modifier/Clone

6) Save the Kids 4 morph under Morph Loader using Save As->Support Assets->Morph Asset(s)   (do not save as a Clone Asset).

Now any newly loaded G3F figure should have a K4 clone.

Havos said:

Using Generation X, transfer any K4 morph to Genesis 3, and this will create a K4 shape for you. You should see the morph under Actor/Generation X/*** People ***

Creating a clone from a morph has been documented in a number of places, but I will repeat the steps here:

1) Change G3F to base resolution and morph her to K4 using the morph created by GenX

2) Export G3F as an obj, saving the file as Kids 4.

3) Import the obj file using Morph Loader Pro

4) Locate the loaded morph under Parameters/Morphs/Morph Loader.

5) Click the small settings icon on Kids 4, and select Parameter Settings. In the pop-up box, type should be Modifier/Shape, change this to Modifier/Clone

6) Save the Kids 4 morph under Morph Loader using Save As->Support Assets->Morph Asset(s)   (do not save as a Clone Asset).

Now any newly loaded G3F figure should have a K4 clone.

Wow, thanks for this! I still haven't even tried GenX although I own it and all the add-ons. I don't think there's a V2/M2 add-on though.  Is there a way to do a clone for them without GenX? And is there a way to create a clone for a figure like Cookie to use G1/2/3/V4 clothes??? Thanks.

• ServantServant Posts: 758
    edited January 2017

Wow, thanks for this! I still haven't even tried GenX although I own it and all the add-ons. I don't think there's a V2/M2 add-on though.  Is there a way to do a clone for them without GenX? And is there a way to create a clone for a figure like Cookie to use G1/2/3/V4 clothes??? Thanks.

There's no Generation 1-2 (or Millenium figures) add-ons that I know of for GenX, but using the V3/M3 Clones for Genesis 1 works for me with regard to V1-V2/M1-M2 clothes (with some tweaking).

The latter part I'm sure of, though, as I haven't seen any of that shape available anywhere. Unless there's a Cookie clone/shape that can be applied to Genesis, I'm afraid it won't work. sad

Post edited by Servant on

I created my own M1/M2 clone by morphing G2M into something as close as possible to the body shape of M1 (face shape is unimportant for a clothing autofit clone). It works ok, but not as well as the professionally created clones. As Servant points out, the Generation 3 shapes are not that far off M1/V1 shapes.

I am pretty sure the original Cookie does not use the same weight mapping as Genesis, so you could not create clones for it. Your best hope would be for a Cookie clone on one of the Genesis figures.

• Havos said:

In regards to the Regency Girl outfit, SickleYield's Ultra Templates for Genesis 3 might help with that. It works really well when it comes to dresses from my experiences using it. 

Havos said:

In regards to the Regency Girl outfit, SickleYield's Ultra Templates for Genesis 3 might help with that. It works really well when it comes to dresses from my experiences using it. 

I tried those, but they did help much, there was still a lot of distortion in the lower part of the dress, although the Apron Dress looked some what better. I think the SY templates are more about improving the posing of a dress after autofit, by adding extra bones and morphs.

Havos said:
    Havos said:

I tried those, but they did help much, there was still a lot of distortion in the lower part of the dress, although the Apron Dress looked some what better. I think the SY templates are more about improving the posing of a dress after autofit, by adding extra bones and morphs.

Supposedly if you use a similar style dress on G3 that is meant for G3 and then autofit the older item to the dress instead of G3, then hide the dress, it will work better. I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly it works. I read somewhere in the forums that the Merry May dress works well for that...

Havos said:
    Havos said:

Supposedly if you use a similar style dress on G3 that is meant for G3 and then autofit the older item to the dress instead of G3, then hide the dress, it will work better. I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly it works. I read somewhere in the forums that the Merry May dress works well for that...

I have also seen that bit of advice floating around, but never actualy tried it. The trouble is that I do not see how you can autofit to another dress, since that will not have any of the autofit clones.

• ServantServant Posts: 758

I do that with the Genesis 1 Supersuit. Best part is the clothing "gains" the morphs the Supersuit has.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited January 2017

Wonderland said:

"Supposedly if you use a similar style dress on G3 that is meant for G3 and then autofit the older item to the dress instead of G3, then hide the dress, it will work better. I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly it works. I read somewhere in the forums that the Merry May dress works well for that..."

I've had good luck using this technique with the Supersuit amd the MFD. The Genesis 2 & 3 versions of the latter have some morph sets that match the basic morphs that come with G2F & G3F. http://www.daz3d.com/matching-morphs-for-mfd-for-genesis-2-females http://www.daz3d.com/mfd-matching-morphs-fashion-model

This bodysuit has a ton of useful morphs: http://www.daz3d.com/ultra-bodysuit-for-genesis-2-female-s I've had good results fitting it to G3F. 

Post edited by riftwitch on
    Havos said:
    Havos said:
    Havos said:

I have also seen that bit of advice floating around, but never actualy tried it. The trouble is that I do not see how you can autofit to another dress, since that will not have any of the autofit clones.

You don't use autofit. Load the item into your scene, right-click on it, and select 'fit to'. In the dropdown menu that appears, select the item that you want it to follow. For example, if I'm trying to fit an old V4 dress to G3F, I might load the MFD for G3F to my figure and make the MFD invisible. Then I load the V4 dress into my scene, right-click on it, select 'fit to', and pick MFD in the drop-down. Now the V4 dress will have the morphs from the MFD injected into it. This method may not solve all issues that come up, but it can be very useful at times. 

riftwitch said:
    Havos said:
    Havos said:
    Havos said:

You don't use autofit. Load the item into your scene, right-click on it, and select 'fit to'. In the dropdown menu that appears, select the item that you want it to follow. For example, if I'm trying to fit an old V4 dress to G3F, I might load the MFD for G3F to my figure and make the MFD invisible. Then I load the V4 dress into my scene, right-click on it, select 'fit to', and pick MFD in the drop-down. Now the V4 dress will have the morphs from the MFD injected into it. This method may not solve all issues that come up, but it can be very useful at times. 

I can not get this to work for a K4 dress. When I select the MFD as the item to fit to, it has no clones (including none for K4), and so the K4 dress remains very small, which is natually not what is desired.

Havos said:

I can not get this to work for a K4 dress. When I select the MFD as the item to fit to, it has no clones (including none for K4), and so the K4 dress remains very small, which is natually not what is desired.

I'm not near my computer at the moment, but I'll try to do it tomorrow when I get up. I'm guessing that you would want to morph G3F into a child. I'll see what I can do.

I'm still struggling with this. I have turned off GenX, which means I can see GenX2, which is an improvement. However, struggling to get K4 in there with Genesis 3.

jash147 said:

I'm still struggling with this. I have turned off GenX, which means I can see GenX2, which is an improvement. However, struggling to get K4 in there with Genesis 3.

Are you sure you have all the products you need? In order to go to Genesis 3 you have to have three different GenX2 products:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2

http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3

riftwitch said:
    Havos said:

I'm not near my computer at the moment, but I'll try to do it tomorrow when I get up. I'm guessing that you would want to morph G3F into a child. I'll see what I can do.

Actually I am just trying to autofit the dress to an unmorphed G3F, once the autofit comes across okay (at the moment there is major distortion at the bottom), I could then try to morph G3F into something else.

jash147 said:

When you say you turned off Gen X, did you mean you uninstalled it? Gen X2 will not work whilst Gen X is installed, and you should uninstall it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

well I just tried it and it worked a treat!!! yes

step  6 should read file save as support asset morph though but guessed that.

Now my Genesis 3 figures have a vast wardrobe to pick from TY heart

not as easy doing V3 and M3 though, I used both the genesis and v3 clone but the shape not quite there and transformed on Y axis from V3 comparing mesh, may take a fair bit of scaling and reposing to do them.

The M3 is better than V3, can fix a lot with smoothing collisions.

I did a bit of cloning around too.

not as easy doing V3 and M3 though, I used both the genesis and v3 clone but the shape not quite there and transformed on Y axis from V3 comparing mesh, may take a fair bit of scaling and reposing to do them.

The M3 is better than V3, can fix a lot with smoothing collisions.

I managed to create a V3 clone, and so far it seems to work okay, or at least as well as the K4 one. It likely depends on the item being autofitted, some I have tried fit quite well, although one I tried had a major wardrobe malfunction that needed a smoothing modifier to cover up poor G3F's modesty.

Havos said:
    riftwitch said:
    Havos said:

Actually I am just trying to autofit the dress to an unmorphed G3F, once the autofit comes across okay (at the moment there is major distortion at the bottom), I could then try to morph G3F into something else.

I realized that I needed to make a K4 clone before I tried this, but K4 isn't showing in the dropdown list when I click the Source button in GenX. I know the K4 products are installed, so I need to make sure that GenX is looing in the right place. Hopefully I'll be able to straighten it out soon.

riftwitch said:
    Havos said:
    riftwitch said:
    Havos said:

I realized that I needed to make a K4 clone before I tried this, but K4 isn't showing in the dropdown list when I click the Source button in GenX. I know the K4 products are installed, so I need to make sure that GenX is looing in the right place. Hopefully I'll be able to straighten it out soon.

I browsed to the cr2

riftwitch said:

I browsed to the cr2

I can't find the cr2, so haven't managed to get started.