The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Hey Misty, not quite a snowkini, but there's lots of midriff involved ;-)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/202694/

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

so we're up to BOGO² now?

hmmm

meankitty.jpg
    500 x 613 - 57K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sunny and dead quiet here so far today :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Zombie apocalypse? ;-)
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,705
    edited December 1969

...better than the Hairpocalypse forecast for Austin.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/202671/

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

Zombie apocalypse? ;-)

That's a thought. There are a couple of helicopters flying around now, perhaps Mila is on one of them :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Another iray test o3o
    I don't know why people kept saying Mental Ray was so difficult to learn and use... Maybe it's just the 3DSMax or Maya integrations that were hard to learn? Dunno. X3

CBBT.jpg
    800 x 600 - 347K
    edited December 1969

Looks like the Zombie apocalypse has been postponed, we haz cricket on at the stadium down the road, aptly named the Melbourne Cricket Ground, here today. Nothing stops the cricket :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Another iray test o3o
    I don't know why people kept saying Mental Ray was so difficult to learn and use... Maybe it's just the 3DSMax or Maya integrations that were hard to learn? Dunno. X3

Thanks for PM :) Real nice, you must be pleased. And not so gory ! :)

edited December 1969

@Rezca: very nice! :coolsmile: But that's a llloonngggg render... :bug:

Potatoes in butter, dill, and roasted garlic seasoned salt done and put up. Probably eat some tomorrow and some later on this week, I've already ODed on starch (made hash browns with hot jalapeno sauce). :ahhh: It'll be green beans in mustard sauce with the hickory-smoked ham.

2 hours until the ham goes into the oven, wheeeeeeeeee! :) Dinner about 2 hours after than. :)

Note: installing my Daz content is like eating a packed bowl of rice. It stays 1/2 finished a LONG time as the bits underneath unpack! :ahhh: :gulp: My runtimes total 78GB now and I still have 11GB of content left to install. Aaarrrrgghhhhh! :ahhh: :ahhh: :gulp:

I hope everyone is havng a great day! :cheese: Santa didn't bring me my quad-core 32GB rendermonster, all I got was a note saying "Ditch the milk next year and leave some vodka". :bug: :bug:

I'll prolly give lunch a miss today *belch* OMG too much bean dip :lol:

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well was hoping to post the latest update of my Teen5 Leela (with straightened teeth) but even though I updated 4.5 and the Genesis Essentials, the mapping issue is still there when I reopen a file or reload a character set. Addressed this in the N & B forum again.

Kind of reaching the end of the rope with this. Seems I only get one shot to work on a character or scene so I almost see not point in saving anything when I'm done. Kind of defeats one of the main purposes of the software as well as my enthusiasm for this.

I found that something called duplicated ID's were killing my saved files, reinstalled everything daz-specific and saves work properly again. Clueless as to why, so don't know if that would be a fix for you ?

edited December 1969

...@Jaderail, thanks that did the trick. Supposedly the Julie texture should come up as "Genesis Female" Changed it to that, locked the UV set and saved as you suggested.

Here is the resulting render. Used the Teens IBL lights so the teeth don't show up very good (used the Teens Teeth Fix freebie from ShareCG) but dang she is a little cutie.

Just_me,_Leela.jpg
    600 x 848 - 308K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...@Jaderail, thanks that did the trick. Supposedly the Julie texture should come up as "Genesis Female" Changed it to that, locked the UV set and saved as you suggested.

Here is the resulting render. Used the Teens IBL lights so the teeth don't show up very good (used the Teens Teeth Fix freebie from ShareCG) but dang she is a little cutie.

Oh yay great :).

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,852
    edited December 1969

Is Zoey Stark a good name for a female character?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...thanks. Haven't tried a UE/raytraced render in some time. Looks like the latest revision of 3Delight fixed some issues even for those of us on older systems. Render went surprisingly as as well (though I did turn off raytracing on the hair). I really like April's Paxton Hair, it is just right for my Leela.

edited December 1969

I know a Zoey, she is very feisty - great name :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I know a Zoey, she is very feisty - great name :)

Thank you. I will have Zoey be feisty. She wants to change the world so she started a company that makes things to better the world.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...thanks. Haven't tried a UE/raytraced render in some time. Looks like the latest revision of 3Delight fixed some issues even for those of us on older systems. Render went surprisingly as as well (though I did turn off raytracing on the hair). I really like April's Paxton Hair, it is just right for my Leela.

Looks like everything is back to normal then, until the next lot of revisions I guess :lol:

edited December 1969

...yep, let's pray they don't come too soon. Would be nice to have a little stability for a while.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

There's a ton of wind right now and the sky is dark and foreboding, I'd not be surprised to see large hair falling down from te sky! :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :gulp:

Getting COLD too, brr! And it was so nice at lunch-time.. sigh.

Time for a nice hot cup of decaf.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

There's a ton of wind right now and the sky is dark and foreboding, I'd not be surprised to see large hair falling down from te sky! :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :gulp:
    ...if any of it would work for doing a 3D Merida (from Brave) send it my way. With Genesis and my Sadie teen, I think I might actually be able to pull it off, just need that crazy wild long red hair.

edited December 1969

I am eating yogurt while watching a DVD that was ordinarily made in 1979. It has a guy with curly hair with an interesting scarf.

edited December 1969

...does he perhaps have a lovely companion with long blonde hair?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Yes he does. She looks so lovely.

edited December 1969

...well the cafe is about to close soon. Looks like I'll have to search the neighbourhood for someplace to get dinner or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

...in spite of this, happy Christmas everyone.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Yes he does. She looks so lovely.
    ...she was my favoruite.

...and a Timelord to boot.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well the cafe is about to close soon. Looks like I'll have to search the neighbourhood for someplace to get dinner or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

...in spite of this, happy Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Moar mental ray. (iray)

Different materials used for each render.

In order:

Diamond (With VERY slight Absorption enabled) - 36 minutes rendering
    Chrome - 12 minutes
    Brushed Metal - 6 minutes

dragn_brushed.jpg
    640 x 360 - 80K
    dragon_chrome.jpg
    640 x 360 - 83K
    dragon_diamond.jpg
    640 x 360 - 203K
    edited December 1969

I am getting cold. I am in an unheated area of the house.

edited December 1969

I am getting cold. I am in an unheated area of the house.

Is warming up again here, you can have some of our hot *fans arms* That's not going to work, sorry :)

This discussion has been closed.