The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Moar mental ray. (iray)

Different materials used for each render.

In order:

Diamond (With VERY slight Absorption enabled) - 36 minutes rendering
    Chrome - 12 minutes
    Brushed Metal - 6 minutes

Came up nice hey :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,852
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I am getting cold. I am in an unheated area of the house.

Is warming up again here, you can have some of our hot *fans arms* That's not going to work, sorry :)

Thanks

edited December 1969

wow am exhausted today, gots to try to stay out of the Christmas madness next year *kerplop*

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: Cooked all day, watched for bad weather all day, weather came and went but now I'm too tuckered out to enjoy a nice X-Mas dinner. sigh....

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Complaint: Cooked all day, watched for bad weather all day, weather came and went but now I'm too tuckered out to enjoy a nice X-Mas dinner. sigh....

Oh geez, that blows! :down: :down: :down:

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

Complaint: no wonder the website doesn't work... anybody doing QA? :(

ETA: and it's on a _Stonemason_ item too!

frontpage.png
    710 x 404 - 384K
    Post edited by M F M on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,705
    edited December 2012

...well after a little walk managed to find a place (yes, Chinese) open. So, had a nice "non traditional" dinner. Back home now to enjoy the rest of the holiday in quiet before having to face the harsh reality of the day job tomorrow.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

IT'S DONE! :ahhh: :bug: :gulp: :cheese:

I have NO UNINSTALLED CONTENT! Wooooooooooooo freaking hooooooooooooooo! :cheese: :cheese:

Neck hurts, arm hurts, fingers tired, mouse hates me.. but it's done. Every asset is live and ready to use.

Somehow managed to cook and eat a small Christmas dinner in all this (precooked presliced hickory smoked ham, green beans in a picante mustard sauce, and new potatoes from a can in butter/dill/roasted garlic seasoned salt).

It's now backing up to my external HD.I had backed it all up this morning but now this is going in it's own new directory.

Lord, never again, please. :blank: Painful, painful, painful. 93.4GB of Poser content.. where did it all come from? Crikey! :bug:

I'd better DO something with all this now. Urgh.

Bedtime..... back to work tomorrow, and I get to wait for the bus in 30f weather. Oh. Joy. :blank:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

rome?

iz a romulan conspiracy.

edited December 1969

M F M said:

rome?

iz a romulan conspiracy.

Where is a Federation Starship Captain when you need one?

edited December 1969

IT'S DONE! :ahhh: :bug: :gulp: :cheese:

I have NO UNINSTALLED CONTENT! Wooooooooooooo freaking hooooooooooooooo! :cheese: :cheese:

Neck hurts, arm hurts, fingers tired, mouse hates me.. but it's done. Every asset is live and ready to use.

Somehow managed to cook and eat a small Christmas dinner in all this (precooked presliced hickory smoked ham, green beans in a picante mustard sauce, and new potatoes from a can in butter/dill/roasted garlic seasoned salt).

It's now backing up to my external HD.I had backed it all up this morning but now this is going in it's own new directory.

Lord, never again, please. :blank: Painful, painful, painful. 93.4GB of Poser content.. where did it all come from? Crikey! :bug:

I'd better DO something with all this now. Urgh.

Bedtime..... back to work tomorrow, and I get to wait for the bus in 30f weather. Oh. Joy. :blank:

An Exoflood of Runtimes :)

edited December 2012

Congrats on the installation quest completed, Wooly! (^/\^).

Does anyone here use the "P3dO Explorer Pro" product from Senosoft? Any thoughts about it - good, bad, otherwise? *dithering*

eta: 250 posts... teeeeeeeeeetering on the edge of getting ma box! X)

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 2012

...well, it's back to "crash city" again.

Got home tried to do a couple render tests to see if I can get Leela looking like a kid rather than a geriatric who forgot to put in her dentures and every time at about 98 to 99 % complete the render process would crash to the desktop.

The only changes I made were minor adjustments to the specular and ambient colors for the teeth. I cannot believe that would cause the render to blow up, particularly since the crash occurred way after the rendering of her face was complete.

The fact that the pic I posted this afternoon was rendered while I was online (the tests this evening were done while I was offline) makes this even more infuriating.

edited December 2012

This is with DS4.5 on your new 12G Win7 box, KK?

Or are you rendering in Poser2012 now?

(yaaay! got my second box - I is Active ^_^)

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Gratz on the green box. Meh don't like being labelled an addict, it ought to be an opt-in.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Got home tried to do a couple render tests to see if I can get Leela looking like a kid rather than a geriatric who forgot to put in her dentures and every time at about 98 to 99 % complete the render process would crash to the desktop.

The only changes I made were minor adjustments to the specular and ambient colors for the teeth. I cannot believe that would cause the render to blow up, particularly since the crash occurred way after the rendering of her face was complete.

The fact that the pic I posted this afternoon was rendered while I was online (the tests this evening were done while I was offline) makes this even more infuriating.

Darn, You just can NOT catch a break can you? Sorry to hear this KK. I so hope it turns out to be a simple fix. But I have nothing to offer on this one.

Wish it all works out for you soonest.
    edited December 1969

@Woolyloach: You get everything installed and I decide to Reset EVERYTHING and start at zero again. I need my head examined.

@MFM: Way to go, congrates on the Shiny New Green Box.

@Ps1borg: We addicts are nice folks, we just like to speak our minds more than most. Not trash them like other addicts.

edited December 1969

M F M said:

...haven't got to the stage of installing the CG apps yet so still on the notebook for the time being.

Again the stupid thing is it worked fine while I had a heavier load on the CPU and RAM from being online at the time. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

edited December 2012

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Darn, You just can NOT catch a break can you? Sorry to hear this KK. I so hope it turns out to be a simple fix. But I have nothing to offer on this one.

Wish it all works out for you soonest.
    ...yeah, I have no idea on this one either. I have less of a load on the system and memory yet it now crashes.

This kind of inconsistent crap makes me almost want to uninstall everything and forget it.

edited December 2012

I saw a movie once called The Unbearable Lightness Of Being. Have no idea what it was about, but it reminded me of how it feels to have software crap out on you all the time, unbearable :lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Nice evening here, warming up. There is a big bright full moon schmoozing on the rooftops in a darkening northeast sky and just enough wind to stir leaves a little and keep the evening from getting sweaty :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Oh geez, that blows! :down: :down: :down:

Misread Jade's comment as a "nice X-Men dinner". Now trying to imagine what that would be like.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052
    edited December 1969

Had a nice Christmas dinner at my Aunt's house. Ate some bear (family of hunters), turkey, chicken and dumplings, green beans and potato salad. Yum, she cooks just like my Mom used to. Went to visit my Mom at the nursing home and fed her some chocolate pudding I brought - she loves chocolate.

edited December 2012

Yet another DSON crash after toggling smoothing from the plugin menu, a screenshot is all I gots to show for 3 hours work drop eta That's kinda depressing.

DSON_Crash.jpg
    1518 x 964 - 154K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,852
    edited December 1969

My feet are cold. Maybe I should put my tennies on them

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Yet another DSON crash after toggling smoothing from the plugin menu, a screenshot is all I gots to show for 3 hours work drop eta That's kinda depressing.

feh plug-ins

it's a very nice screenshot.

edited December 1969

i really hope Michael6 is a .cr2 not needing plug-ins

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

crashed off-line but not online.. why does that sound suspicious to me..

edited December 1969

complaint: the coffee truck didn't come.

i don't have enough money on me for a deli delivery. i'd have to walk to an atm, pay the fee for the atm and then pay bank fees for using a non-branch atm. and then order enough to meet the deli minimum. or wait until 18:00 when the bus leaves me by the pizza place.

wahh, hungree nao. complain, complain, whine, tummy growl.

edited December 1969

LONG RANT COMPLAINT AND WHINING ALERT

Well, last night at 12:38AM exactly Honored Housemate managed to not only trip, but blow a breaker out completely while I slept. I woke up to his loud yakkiung on his cell phone to the landlady about "no power to his room" - well, mine was dead too.

Now the entirety of the 2 bedrooms and 1/2 the kitchen of the back house are on the blown breaker, and we use space heaters, so there's no heat in the bedrooms now AND it's pushing 27f AND the wind is howling. So I come out to see him fiddling with the breaker box, managing to make a loud BZZZZZZZ. I made him stop that and after some phone chat the landlady said she'd get an electrician in the morning. Cool.

So, I set up one of the space heaters to keep the main room warm and told housemate to keep his door open and pile on the blankets. He says he'll run the oven for an hour to heat it up faster.. right. I gave the usual warnings {(it's an electric stove so no monoxide worries), crawled under 20 blankets, and went to bed.

Watch alarm goes off at 5:30AM but I'm already awake since housemate moved into the common area and started snoring like a drunken walrus at 4:00AM, waking me up. House smells like overheated oven, sure enough he'd left the door wide open and the oven on all night. Urgh. I pack up and go sit in 27f and high winds, waiting for the bus.. but..

IT AIN'T OVER YET.

Get 2 urgent emails from the landlady when I get to work. Guess what? Somehow housemate started a fire in the living room after I left and the living room has burned down! WHAT THE !@$#@#$@#$!!!!! Water damage to the living room and kitchen, everything in there a total loss. JUST. EFFING. LOVELY.

Now, the good news: none of my belongings are damaged as the firemen managed to get the blaze out before it spread back into the bedrooms. My computers and guitars are safe, so whatever spiteful deity/demon/angel/etc. that tried to wipe out my stuff immediately after I installed all my content is thwarted (heh). Landlady has spare rooms so I have a place to live for now, and arrangements will be made for later - plus she's going to arrange storage for the extra stuff since the temporary rooms are pretty teeny.

Housemate apparently not o lucky, he had filled the living room with his stuff and apparently it's all a total loss. Landlady has ripped him a new one over messing with the breaker box and generally screwing things up. Karma hurts!

So, I get to move tonight when I get home, at least my clothes, one guitar, and my main laptop. I'm only going to keep out of storage the absolute minimum I need to stay sane, until the house gets a new living room.

Today's post Christmas miracle - today sucks AND blows at the same time.

I'll try to get some pics the next few days and post 'em.

At least Payday arrived early so I have money in the bank to throw at any issues, and next weeks check will be identical to this weeks, so I'm not totally screwed.

This discussion has been closed.