Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Horo said:

Slepalex - beautiful render with the brook. When I first saw it I also thought like Rashad that a bit more sunlight would be good. But then, if the sun is partly covered by clouds, this is what you get. Perhaps a bit less vibrant but natural nevertheless. In the end, I think you made the right choice.

Yes, I now also think that sunlight is necessary anymore. And with the atmosphere I was not working. I just got carried away the complex composition and complex lighting with a false GI. The other things are not given due attention.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited February 2017

This is not actually how clouds come into being in this world we life in but why always be rational? An Alien Artifact by MatCreator with a funky metal. Specularity from an HDRI and the sun, key light by the sun and negative HDRI light to make the colours and contrast more interesting. Two cones with volume cloud materials for the cloud exhaust.

Cloudmaker

Cloudmaker.jpg
    930 x 1200 - 217K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940

Wow this render is awesome Horo, love it.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,740
    edited February 2017

@Slepalex: What a fantastic renders again. Your landscapes are very realistic and beautiful. Must take a lot of time to set up the scenes?

@mermaid010: Nice render tests.

@Electro-Elvis: Wonderful render of that lady. OK, there is always room for improvement (is there?), but in general it is very good!

@Horo: great use of the alien artefact. Beautiful colours too.

No fancy lighting tricks of wonderful landscapes by me, this time, but a simple abstract. Another look (with another sky) of the scene with a set of flying dragons. Those are out of view now, but the spikes are still visible.

wavy spikes.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 949K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • cyberjymcyberjym Posts: 33
    edited February 2017

Hey there peeps,

Welp, 3 months and thousands of push-pulls in sketchup have yeilded a nearly ready fantasy city model i want to see in bryce.

Its supposed to be a city sized university of lore in the clouds, roughly 20 by 20 miles.

I just need to finish a wall ring, put something resembling crowds, defenses, transports, signage and unique structures to make it pop, and ill be set.

but even untextured, it should look interesting.

eta- of course im going to add bryce textures!

khaeorrversia87A2.jpg
    3360 x 1906 - 8M
    khaeorrversia90m.jpg
    4200 x 2382 - 7M
    khaeorrversia88d.jpg
    3000 x 1701 - 6M
    khaeorrversia88.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 574K
    Post edited by cyberjym on

Hansmar - thanks, love your abstract, nice colors.

Cyberjym - interesting modeling, looking forward to the complete versions.

mermaid010: thanks.

cyberjym: looks like a highly interesting fantasy city already. Lots of corners for adventures.

Hansmar - great abstract, could also be the sky in some alien world.

cyberjym - interesting and elaborate work is going on here.

edited February 2017

Had some fun using Dave’s Photo based materials which he shared with us on page 2. Thanks Dave.yessmiley

daves-mat.jpg
    900 x 450 - 109K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited February 2017

mermaid010 ​...Nice, the wood sphere looks like it's casting radiosity. How did you do that?  Can you upload or send me the Project File

Post edited by S Ray on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited February 2017

c-ram -  Thank you for showing us your beautiful Alaska render.

launok - Lovely night render . Love the animated neon signs. Like Rashad I had to take a second look to make sure that I indeed saw them flashing

Mermaid - Thank you. Your fruit bowl  render looks good enough to eat now. Really well done. You seemed to have got the hand on the material and lighting. Excellent job. As for the ambient Occlusion clay render... I'm glad you used objects with  more details they seem to bring the 3d aspect better. Looks really good. And I better re visit page 2 . Dave's Photo based material look fantastic.

Rashad - Thank you for your encouraging comment. Still so much to learn though

Slepalex - Great still and landscapes . As always I'm impressed with your lighting.  I really like the forest brook 2

Electro - Elvis . You do such good work rendering characters .

Horo - Looove shinny objects. The colors are so warm and beautiful.

Hansmar  Simple but beautiful abstract. Very eye catching.

Cyberjym. Great modelling. It will be very nice to see the completed project.

After Hansmar and Horo sugestions, I went back to my ruins and cut back some of the trees, reduced the haze, increased the sunlight and applied some transparancy to the trees... Thank you for your help

ruins 2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 142K
    Post edited by vivien on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited February 2017

Thanks all for your friendly comments on my last portrait.

Rashad wrote

Elvis- Your mastery of all things Bryce never ceases to amaze me. I agree, TA brings out the warmth from the skin tines that is otherwise difficult to achieve. Time to start sharing some of that vast knowledge.

@Thanks Rashad. To be honest, first I thought I could make a product, but meanwhile I think, there are in the end to less customers, at least from Daz3D's perspective. Now I have started to think about a tutorial about characters (mainly Genesis 2) and skin handling in Bryce and have made a list of topics. Now the only thing I am missing is time ;-)

• Transfer a Daz3D character to Bryce
    • First render in Bryce – as ugly as sin
    • First corrections of obvious flaws
    • First light improvements
    • Missing maps and how to find and include them
    • Adjust skin parameters in the Deep Texture Editor
    • Discussion parameter settings for close-ups and Long Shots
    • Suggestions for hair
    • Diverse lighting models: Dome Light, IBL, HDRI a.o.
    • Fake SSS and its limitation

edited 26.02.17, 18:00 added an example

Example Daz3D Figur Lilith with IBL and TA and Sphere Light

g2_lilith_taibl800.jpg
    800 x 514 - 92K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Mermaid - looking nice. Like Steve I wonder about the glow under the wooden ball.

vivien - thank you. I think your scene improved hugely and the colours are warmer.

Electro-Elvis - I'm looking forward to your characters tutorial. Your character renders are amnong the best I've seen in Bryce so far.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@Vivien : wow! You've got it, very good looking render and lightning, a great improvement!

@Horo : your shape is very beautiful, it's a nice contemporary artwork and I reaaly appreciate it.

@Hansmar : your abstract renders are always a pleasure to see. Also, something I am unable to produce.

edited February 2017

S Ray  and Horo – thanks for the comments. I have no idea what caused the radiosity/glow. It is a Premium 256Rpp render using the Bryce default sun, Soft Shadow, TA with scattering correction and boost light and Focused Scattering Correction. It would be Dave’s material. I will have to check it.

S Ray - I don’t mind sending the file to you, but I don’t have anywhere to upload this file it is 65mb and that is too big for email attachment.

Vivien- thanksx3. I like the lighting and overall effect of the ruins render, well done.yes

Post edited by mermaid010 on

vivien: Oh yes, that is wonderfully done. So much more depth and detail visible.

mermaid010: great work on the object renders. Very nice cloth-texture to put them on too.

Horo, Vivien, C-ram: Thanks. And to be honest, I don't know how to make these abstracts as well. I use a lot of trial and error and keep what I like. I would not be able to redo it exactly the same from scratch, since it is not a very conscious work flow. 

Hansmar - thanks

S Ray and Horo - I checked the file - Atmosphere is off and black and the sun enabled, and the other settings are as I mentioned above. But I still don't know what caused the glow.

S Ray if you like I can just render the sphere and email that to you if you pm me your email addy.

edited February 2017

c-ram - thank you Marco.

Below mostly a study of transparency, reflection and specular.

Shape 303

Shape303.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 257K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks all for your friendly comments on my last portrait.

Rashad wrote

Elvis- Your mastery of all things Bryce never ceases to amaze me. I agree, TA brings out the warmth from the skin tines that is otherwise difficult to achieve. Time to start sharing some of that vast knowledge.

@Thanks Rashad. To be honest, first I thought I could make a product, but meanwhile I think, there are in the end to less customers, at least from Daz3D's perspective. Now I have started to think about a tutorial about characters (mainly Genesis 2) and skin handling in Bryce and have made a list of topics. Now the only thing I am missing is time ;-)

• Transfer a Daz3D character to Bryce
    • First render in Bryce – as ugly as sin
    • First corrections of obvious flaws
    • First light improvements
    • Missing maps and how to find and include them
    • Adjust skin parameters in the Deep Texture Editor
    • Discussion parameter settings for close-ups and Long Shots
    • Suggestions for hair
    • Diverse lighting models: Dome Light, IBL, HDRI a.o.
    • Fake SSS and its limitation

edited 26.02.17, 18:00 added an example

Example Daz3D Figur Lilith with IBL and TA and Sphere Light

Electro-Elvis, it looks like a high-quality studio shooting with professional photographers. Setting lighting - perfect.
    Which rendering mode you used?
    I imagine the difficulties you are facing. Missing maps and how to find and include them - this is not the biggest problem. I have some experience with this.
    The big problem - it's pseudo SSS and other work with the skin.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@Electro-Elvis : gorgeous model! I like the way the lightning is interacting with this women.

@Horo : awesome! This is simply a new way to bring out object in Bryce, this effect look promessing.

Finally I've decide to publish one of my last works. I was studying painted effect here.

The path is a photogrammetric  model from sketchfab. Trees are mine, modeled with speedtree. Clouds and hdri background by mister Brinnen. Houses from the web. Render with T.A @ 64 rays per pixel.

walking39.jpg
    1300 x 730 - 1M

Electro-elvis - another beautiful render.

Horo - awesome render, nice reflections.

C-ram - another beautiful landscape render

c-ram said:

@Electro-Elvis : gorgeous model! I like the way the lightning is interacting with this women.

@Horo : awesome! This is simply a new way to bring out object in Bryce, this effect look promessing.

Finally I've decide to publish one of my last works. I was studying painted effect here.

The path is a photogrammetric  model from sketchfab. Trees are mine, modeled with speedtree. Clouds and hdri background by mister Brinnen. Houses from the web. Render with T.A @ 64 rays per pixel.

Mark, this is your next masterpiece!
    The original solution to the low position of the camera and perspective distortion.

edited February 2017

I have found on my disk this portrait of Victoria 4. Date of creation 6/25/2009, in Corel Bryce 5. Of course, many materials are adjusted incorrectly here. Just I am not engaged in characters now and I even have no DAZ Studio.
    Just as I remember, that carefully staged lighting and rendering was long.

V4-sergi.jpg
    840 x 1050 - 295K
    Post edited by Slepalex on

mermaid010   It's the render setting and objects with rounded edges. This image uses basic default materials with color, 70% specular and 2% reflection on the objects. The ground is just default material with no specular or reflection  properties. I been trying the render setting with different sky presets  including IBL and get similar results. Thanks for sharing.

RenderSettings2.jpg
    900 x 436 - 205K

c-ram - thank you again Marco. Great render with the path, POV is perfect just if I would walking here. I'm less happy with the vegetation at left, it looks flat. At right it looks awesome and I understand that the left side is in the shadow but I would expect a bit more contrast nevertheless.

Mermaid - thank you.

Slepalex - nice render considering when and with what Bryce version you made it.

S Ray - interesting experiment. Is this a TA render? What were the render settings exactly?

Horo said:

c-ram - thank you again Marco. Great render with the path, POV is perfect just if I would walking here. I'm less happy with the vegetation at left, it looks flat. At right it looks awesome and I understand that the left side is in the shadow but I would expect a bit more contrast nevertheless.

Horo, the thing is that Mark uses of great value of "Ambience" materials in the foliage and branches. And this, in my opinion, wrong. In this matter, I fully agree with Rashad. He had convinced me that "Ambience" should be zero.

Slepalex - agreed, though ambience is not evil as such, it does have its uses particularly for glowing objects, but for non-glowing objects it removes bump and makes things flat. It can be helpful if applied at a rather low level but a light will almost always improve the result - at the cost of render time. Foliage ought to be translucent to light, more or less depending on the thickness of the leaf, at least when it is backlit.

Horo said:

Slepalex - agreed, though ambience is not evil as such, it does have its uses particularly for glowing objects, but for non-glowing objects it removes bump and makes things flat. It can be helpful if applied at a rather low level but a light will almost always improve the result - at the cost of render time. Foliage ought to be translucent to light, more or less depending on the thickness of the leaf, at least when it is backlit.

Yes, of course, in some cases, small value "Ambience" is acceptable. But in the case of an evening scene at the setting sun, these glowing objects would look alien.

Road in the Rye

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 16 rpp.
    Lighting: the sun and the Sphere Dome Light.
    Modeling: Bryce, Wings 3D.
    File size 196 MB.

This picture was created based on works of the artist Ivan Shishkin.

S Ray  and Horo – thanks for the comments. I have no idea what caused the radiosity/glow. It is a Premium 256Rpp render using the Bryce default sun, Soft Shadow, TA with scattering correction and boost light and Focused Scattering Correction. It would be Dave’s material. I will have to check it.

S Ray - I don’t mind sending the file to you, but I don’t have anywhere to upload this file it is 65mb and that is too big for email attachment.

Vivien- thanksx3. I like the lighting and overall effect of the ruins render, well done.yes

Horo  the setting mermaid010 used. The effect is a reflection, That’s why it works with round edge object. What I find interesting is with those setting the ground plane material shows the reflection even though it has no reflective properties set up on it

This discussion has been closed.