Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,139

mermaid - thank you. DEM = Digital Elevation Map, there are several types but there is one that has the surface area as size (width, depth) and the grey value as height, and thus resembles a Bryce terrain, which is a height map. MOLA, by the way, are Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter data - also height maps.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,014

Horo- I started looking into this topic and came to dead end with this tutorial  http://3dlessons.com/tutorials/Using-DEM-s-in-Bryce-4-88619.html

but I did find your pdf on this subject, short but interesting. http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/3DEM-Terrains.pdf

I found the link to this pdf in this discussion  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1664991/#Comment_1664991

Does it all make sense - no smiley but it's nice to know what you guys are talking about.

• Alexey- Im particularly impressed with the nebulae in those two renders, very well done!!!

Horo- Drawbridge, huh! Blast from the past. Looks perfect, completely convincing.

Yes, I use a system where i place "anchors" at the center of the world sphere to act as dials for placing the terrain continents onto the sphere. The 0 position for all of the anchorrs is set as the top of the sphere. moving the anchor then moves the continent to the desired area of the sphere. I've even found that producing renders of the at the ground level of these assembled planets nets results not at all dissimilar to Bryce full atmospheric tools. I love how internally consistent Bryce is in many regards.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,160

Rashad - thanks!

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 847
    edited October 2017

Madame Colbert is trying out one of these 'Z Eye Candy' poses she has found in the program, that her husband played around all the time, but she does not feel very comfortable really.

A bit of postwork to adjust the levels (tonal correction) in Photoshop.

Madame Colbert tried out a Z Eye Candy pose

mdmcolbert.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 351K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Electro-Elvis - great render, the laptop showing the same pose is a neat idea. Very stylish toom, too. You got the skin looking quite natural again.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Agree with Horo, the skin looks perfect, and I like the flimsy, see-through effect (not a sexual comment, but noting it simply for the effect) on the model's top.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,760

MelanieL: How did I miss those wonderful terrains you made? I like the second one best, but the third one is very good as well!

c-ram: Not your best, he? Well, I would be very, very happy if my best would look like that!

mermaid010: very nice candles.

Horo: Fantastic space scene!

Slepalex: Nice space scenes as well. Good to see there are various ways to reach more or less the same effect.

Electro-Elvis: beautiful portrait scene. Very nice lighting.

Mermaid, Horo, Rashad: Thanks. I think you are right, Rashad, the grass is probably too light.

Thank you, Hansmar

Electro-Elvis - I agree, Mme Colbert's skin looks very good indeed (so does her hair, in fact)

Electro-elvis - beautiful render

Hansmar - thanks

edited October 2017

Another Landscape using curvature and stacking terrains. Two terrains were stacked. The terrains and material are from David and Horo’s Terrain Stacking product and lighting is from a Cloud Sphere from The Sky Toolbox. Both products are available at https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/

main-stacking.jpg
    900 x 506 - 116K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Wow, Mermaid. Using David and Horo's products, you start getting close to their level in terrains. Really love that sky!

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited October 2017

It happens. I created a terrain in order to experiment with textures. I have many such files on my computer. It was a pity to leave this work. 

So I planted a few trees, sketched stones and added water and another terrane. This work was spontaneous.

Mountain river

Bryce 7 Pro, render Premium 16 rpp, time 8:25:27.
    Lighting: the sun, Sphere Dome Light.
    The file size is 31.1 MB.

Горная река.jpg
    1800 x 1080 - 823K
    Post edited by Slepalex on

mermaid - very nice scene.

Slepalex - beautiful scene, very detailed.

Hansmar - thanks it's easy when you have the right tools laugh

Slepalex - wow another stunning render, so photorealistic

Horo- thanks

mermaid - nice rock-work and colours

Slepalex - wow! ... just, wow!

Slepalex: great landscape!

edited October 2017

Alpine fields

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 16 rpp, time 3:22:06.
    Lighting: the sun, Sphere Dome Light.
    Modeling: Bryce, Wings 3D.
    The file size is 42.7 MB.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/450026/

Post edited by Slepalex on
    edited October 2017

Alex! How on earth did you make those wonderful fields? Fantastic! Extremely realistic valley. Superb render. One, very very minor issue: it looks a bit, like the house in the middle is floating just a little bit above ground level. I could not explain the shadow under the house otherwise. But, who cares, in such a complex and wonderful render!

Now, here is my next trees render. Magnolias again, but now later in the year, when they are all green, but sometimes have a second bloom. In my Magnolia at home, the second bloom flowers never make it to full bloom, they whither before that, unfortunately.

The bushes are also NgPlant made. Lazy as I am, I used the same leaves. And you cannot really see the fact that I used two different textures on some bushes.

EDGLS light system by Rashad Carter, cumulus cloud layer too. I may have tempered down the light or the diffusive quality of the grass a bit too much, but didn't want to re-render now.

The city in the back is by Herminio Nieves.

magnolias.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    Hansmar said:

Alex! How on earth did you make those wonderful fields? Fantastic! Extremely realistic valley. Superb render. One, very very minor issue: it looks a bit, like the house in the middle is floating just a little bit above ground level. I could not explain the shadow under the house otherwise. But, who cares, in such a complex and wonderful render!

Now, here is my next trees render. Magnolias again, but now later in the year, when they are all green, but sometimes have a second bloom. In my Magnolia at home, the second bloom flowers never make it to full bloom, they whither before that, unfortunately.

The bushes are also NgPlant made. Lazy as I am, I used the same leaves. And you cannot really see the fact that I used two different textures on some bushes.

EDGLS light system by Rashad Carter, cumulus cloud layer too. I may have tempered down the light or the diffusive quality of the grass a bit too much, but didn't want to re-render now.

Thank you, Hans. I also noticed that the house is hanging, only after the render. :-(
    Too large leaves on your tree.

edited October 2017

MelanieL – thanks

Slepalex – wow another beautiful landscape, love it. Like Hansmar I also wonder how you and C-ram make such awesome scenes.

Hansmar – another nice render. No doubt you are having fun with NgPlant.

Two more renders experimenting with curvature.

1st - a Bryce terrain was edited in the Terrain Editor, a product by David and Horo www.daz3d.com/bryce-terrain-editor-advanced-filters and stacked, the sky and materials are from their Terrain Stacking product.

2nd - a Bryce terrain,  the materials and sky are from the Terrain Stacking Product.

curvature2.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 121K
    curvature1.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 102K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited October 2017
    Slepalex said:
    Hansmar said:

Thank you, Hans. I also noticed that the house is hanging, only after the render. :-(
    Too large leaves on your tree.

Thanks Alex. Indeed, they are too large (and too much all the same size). I also noted that, after the render was well under way surprise. They are also too large on the bushes and the total light is a bit too limited. Perhaps I will redo it some day.

I will need to work with more sets of leaves with varying textures and sizes to make it more realistic.

Mermaid: Thanks. I think your second render is a bit dark. But the first one is wonderful. I like what you did with the filter,

Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited October 2017

Slepalex - these fields look excellent, beautiful scene.

Hansmar - Magnolias and grass looks very good. As for the light, I think a cloud just obscures the sun, it doesn't look wrong.

Mermaid - good use of the filters, the terraces look good. I like the second one very much, very nice reflections from the clouds on the water. A bit on the dark side, as Hansmar observes, but with such a cloudy day, there's not much strong sun light. I think the brightness matches the weather.

Another landscape with a triple stacked terrain in the foreground and a double stacked one in the background, a cloudless HDRI for the ambient light and a volume cloud. Everything from the sets High Resolution Terrains 2, Islands 2 and Grand Mountains from Daz 3D; Stacking Terrains and Sky Toolbox fom bryce-tutorials.info.

Peak Celesti

PeakCelesti.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 219K
    Post edited by Horo on

Another small landscape.
    Description here.

Horo said:

Another landscape with a triple stacked terrain in the foreground and a double stacked one in the background, a cloudless HDRI for the ambient light and a volume cloud. Everything from the sets High Resolution Terrains 2, Islands 2 and Grand Mountains from Daz 3D; Stacking Terrains and Sky Toolbox fom bryce-tutorials.info.

Horo, beautiful texture.

Thanks Hansmar and Horo

Horo - beautiful render

Slepalex - wow another great landscape render

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Back on-line...at last - a friggin Hurricane brought down trees on powerlines and internet...jeez.

Love all the works above...too many to comment on.

Jay

Horo: Thanks. That is a very nice landscape render. I like the cloud in front of the mountain. Very steep sides, quite a challenge to climb, I think

Slepalex: What a fairy nice landscape! I expect to see some wee little creatures (fairies) soon.

• Electro- Amazing job here! Every surface looks amazing. The character is splendid, feels very natural. You are a master!

Mermaid- Very beautiful. The terrain almost appears crystaline. Some developer will be around shortly to start mining the stuff. Just you wait and see. In the second post I really like both of those terrains, the first one being truly spendid.

Alexey- Mountain river- Incredible!! Very naturalsitic. Great job restricting the haze to the far far distance! Alpine Fields- Extremely wide and open looking scene. Love the look of the crops! The miniature landscape is perfect. Easily one of my favorites!

Hansmar- Great. In this instance it seems the sun may have found itself hidden behind one of the clouds leaving us with only the indirect light coming from the EGDLS rig. Looks really good in my opinion with the settings you've used. Wonderful. I agree with Alexey that it might be good to consider thinning out the branches and definitely using smaller leaves.

Horo- This could well have been a promotional render. Love that ddep blue and highly saturated sky, and the clouds remind me of the steam preset. I might want for a tree or two but otherwise its fine. Very clean.

Thanks Rashad

This discussion has been closed.