The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Your membership is still active, the email was the error.

...OK this has just become even more strange.

Went to my account page, clicked on "Subscriptions", and again there is the "Next Payment" date of 11/10/13

So investigating further, I find an order dated 10/20/11 which most likely was for the 2011 - 2012 membership year (the payment clearing on 10/24).

However it gets even weirder for under the Subscription Start header it indicates the date: 05/29/12.(?)

...but the order was placed in late October 2010 and according to my profile during the past year, that renewal was to last until 11/12/12.

So next I check my statements for May /June of 2012 and the only payment to Daz was for an order made the day before the new site went live.

The next transaction with Daz wasn't until the first week of August

So now I am really confused by the "start" and "next payment due" dates which are some seventeen months and eleven days apart and why I see no transaction record from my bank for that week.

...and as to how I ended up in Alabama? (according to my billing address on the order). The street name, address, and zip code are correct...

...and yes, there is a "Portland" there...well sort of.

Basically it is a T junction of Dallas County Road #225 and an unnamed dead end road along the Alabama river by the "Portland Public Use Area" (a state or county park I presume) about 20 or so miles south of Selma.

I went back to my account page to verify I hadn't entered any incorrect information to find both my billing and shipping addresses are most definitely listed as being in the Oregon "Portland".

So, considering the "start date" of my membership was about a week and a half after the new site went live, I think I may have stumbled upon another one of those "Magento" glitches which still leaves me in the dark as to my real membership status.

If it's like that Community Chest card in Monopoly, "Bank Error (Daz Site Glitch) in Your Favour" I guess I should shut up and count my blessings.

...or in a week, will I find myself turning up the "Pay Hospital (Platinum Club) Fees of 100$ Chance card?

Hehe Apple Maps has been leading people into the deep desert instead of a country town here,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-10/apple-maps-route-to-mildura/4418444

perhaps that's what the store uses for location profiling :)

edited December 1969

Rain is still a shiny novelty when it happens :)

edited December 1969

uh oh, Thread.death() I blame those octosquirrels. EEEPA I tells ya, EEEEEPA !

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I guess the complaints got too serious

addressing_customer_complaints.jpg
    337 x 507 - 47K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Behold! The terrifying and deadly...

TENTASQUIRREL!!! :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

...sweet.

Aww, thank you!! :red: :red:

Now I get to work with Vicky to get her up for a TentaSquirrel meetup! :snake:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I fell asleep. :)

Rain is good as long as it's not freezing! :bug:

38f here in lovely Austin, TX. Brrrrr! Not going to be fun to go outside to commute today!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I wish to complain about the times you spot a spider in your house on the wall, you spray it and they instantly drop, and you cant find their body to verify it's death.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I guess the complaints got too serious

*cracks up*

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I fell asleep. :)

Rain is good as long as it's not freezing! :bug:

38f here in lovely Austin, TX. Brrrrr! Not going to be fun to go outside to commute today!

whoa that's a blue-ear day. Aussies have a love-hate relationship with drought and flooding rain, it makes things by turn red/green/red/green/red/green, interesting optics when you live in it :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I wish to complain about the times you spot a spider in your house on the wall, you spray it and they instantly drop, and you cant find their body to verify it's death.

Think the rule is the bigger the spider the less likely you are to find it, kind of an inverse creepout law :)

edited December 2012

Last sleep before jobless-ness, feels like that year went by in a flash. eta end of Thread.spam()

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Borg!! You must celebrate! :cheese:

--------------

I wonder if there is any place in the world were spiders do not inhabit? Maybe Antarctica?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

KK - I'd open a support ticket to try to get that sorted, even though letting sleeping dogs lie is an attractive option.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited December 1969

From Wikipedia:
    "Cooked tarantula spiders are considered a delicacy in Cambodia, and by the Piaroa Indians of southern Venezuela – provided the highly irritant hairs, the spiders' main defense system, are removed first."
    Pass the spiders (noms)

spider-food-01.jpg
    600 x 450 - 85K
    edited December 1969

That is just...................um...................um...................gro................yuc......................dis......................awe.......................cree....................sic........................ Charming.

Can you imagine the cook with tweezers filling out each hair.

---- Attached is my thoughts ----- (As no smilies demonstrates my feelings on this)

tumblr_ltwi78thqk1qafrh6.gif
    500 x 213 - 499K
    edited December 1969

I will further amend my statement with this...

tumblr_m1xfzfQjJ61r0ya9e.gif
    500 x 200 - 499K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

a news article said the Black Pearl was played by the Bounty replica that sunk in Hurricane Sandy.

edited December 2012

yayy.

after fussing about the M4 blank cr2, i better start cracking on finishing the holiday thingee i'm making for M4. tee hee

and now he needs cod pieces to protect him from tentacle squirrels. :)

and i won another 15 dollars on a lottery scratch-off. jolly jolly Holls!

-well, easy come 15 dollars easy go 15 dollars, the Toys for Tots pick up is tomorrow.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

do squirrels prefer their wine chilled or room tempy? :)

evolution.jpg
    500 x 223 - 19K
    pbear.jpg
    500 x 312 - 54K
    misers.jpg
    350 x 243 - 31K
    squirrelctales.jpg
    300 x 206 - 8K
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited December 1969

Or do you prefer your squirrel with chilled wine?

SS_BOTTO.JPG
    1277 x 812 - 460K
    SS_TOP.JPG
    1276 x 814 - 341K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Last sleep before jobless-ness, feels like that year went by in a flash. eta end of Thread.spam()

Enjoy your last day! Hope you get more to do when you want it! :cheese:

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited December 2012

Those are from my stash at ShareCG (well, just the box art for the frozen dinner)... they taste better if you thaw them before cooking... less gamey.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited December 1969

Or do you prefer your squirrel with chilled wine?

OMG WTH ROFL!!!! :wow: :ohh: :bug: :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Those are from my stash at ShareCG (well, just the box art for the frozen dinner)... they taste better if you thaw them before cooking... less gamey.

Varmint for lunch?

the lunch truck dude promised to bring calzone today. with sauce on the side.

edited December 1969

Free holiday lunch at work! Turkey, mashed taters, stuffing, and gravy - along wiht veggies (carrots and green beans).

Super tastyyyyyyyy! :) :) :)

They had 5 different kinds of pie, none of which were sugar-free, so I had an extra plate of veggies for dessert. :cheese:

Sleeeeeeeeeeeppyyyyyyyyyyyyy nowwwwwwwwwwwww..

Free t-shirts and a grocery store gift card for everyone, including me (rare for contractors to get schwag like this). W00t!

edited December 1969

Sheer genius!
    edited December 2012

Actually squirrels in the States voice a preference for a Guinness Black Lager, saying they enjoy its nutty finish.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinness_Black_Lager
    drunk-squirrel.jpg
    480 x 272 - 45K
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Morning. Gentle rain falling from a blue grey pastel sky, shiny pools of wet glistening everywhere :)

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Well, KK, similar issues made me an ex-PC member at the end of September, after six years of membership. I will admit that changes they had made had me questioning whether or not to renew, and the extra cost when I had the chance to do so tipped things over the edge. At this point, I'm not certain I will ever go back, the changes in the store, and in my income have made me less inclines to buy here as much. And the barrier to renew just made it that much less attractive.

edited December 1969

Free holiday lunch at work! Turkey, mashed taters, stuffing, and gravy - along wiht veggies (carrots and green beans).

Super tastyyyyyyyy! :) :) :)

They had 5 different kinds of pie, none of which were sugar-free, so I had an extra plate of veggies for dessert. :cheese:

Sleeeeeeeeeeeppyyyyyyyyyyyyy nowwwwwwwwwwwww..

Free t-shirts and a grocery store gift card for everyone, including me (rare for contractors to get schwag like this). W00t!

Hey great, very ecumenical of them :)

This discussion has been closed.