Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

New user question.

On the first promo picture there is a skin top coat color bar that I can't see when I am using the program  and under the skin translucency weight bar the promo pic shows 2 slider while I can only see 1 slider in the program.

Has those features been removed or am I doing something wrong?

I have just been playing around with skinbuilder3  for a short time but I have to say it is an amazing product, I will definitely spend a lot of hours making skins in it.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited September 2017

The shader options change depending if you have Iray ticked or not.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

The shader options change depending if you have Iray ticked or not.

The "skin top coat color" bar does not show up no mather if the  "use iray settings box" is selected or not..

edited September 2017

Ah. Oh that screenshot in promo was taken while we were still busy finalizing the script. That option was removed in final release since it was redundant. I will update the promo when I have time.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Ah. Oh that screenshot in promo was taken while we were still busy finalizing the script. That option was removed in final release since it was redundant. I will update the promo when I have time.

Thank you very much for the help , now I don't have to rack my brain thinking that I messed something up :)

NP. Thanks for spotting that. Sent Updated promo to the marketing team.

• Being as no one answered my question am I to assume there is not a way to use the pupil color control on a custom pupil shape. Like a custom, heart shaped pupil and use the color control to change it pink or purple etc... 

edited September 2017

Unfortunately no. Skin Builder doesn't go in to such specialized details. For that it's best you get various eye texture sets that cater for such styling.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited September 2017

Okay so I just bought Skin Builder 3 ,and I have the other 2 Skin Builders ,and I am curious why the "dark" dial was left off in SB3 ...... oh I'm using 3Delight version

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited September 2017

It is how its designed. It needed a true skin base to work off. Logically, darkest skin as base was the best approach and to dial in any other lighter texture would blend better in that order. Having the darkest skin as default allows the product to do what it does. There is no need for it to have a dial on it's own. The approach in Skin Builder 2 didn't give such nice blending results and they were mixed in with a neutral brown colour (which acted as a base) in order to make it work, which took away from the true blend quality and color accuracy of the skins. But at the time that was the best way we knew of doing it. In a nutshell, the entire system was re-designed to mimic photoshop layering with true color accuracy. This is how I always wanted Skin Builder to behave.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Ahhhhh okay thank you for the explaination ..... and all your hard work on these needed things .........now get back to work!!!

edited September 2017

Okcrying Was enjoying the sun.

Post edited by Zev0 on

oh ...okay so then wait till dark and then get back to work ........laugh

• Start buying all the great G8 stuff from you smiley Is this compatible with Genesis 8? If not will there be an update like for Brow Remover or a new release?

• reinstalled Daz, and skinbuilder works perfectly now. so apparently there was something wrong with install. ^_^b loving it muchly

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,029
    edited September 2017

Ran into a problem. I can't launch Skinbuilder. A dialogue box pops up which says, "An error occured while reading the file, see log file for more details." Any idea why SB3 isn't launching? thanks!

Edit: the log file says failed to load script

I noticed that somebody else had the same problem, but that nobody answered it. Said person re-installed DAZ to solve the problem. That's not an option in my case. What is the work-around? I have loads of scripts that run just fine. Why is this one being difficult. Do I need to change what's written in the script to get it to successfully launch? The SB2 script works just fine, but SB3 doesn't.

Post edited by mcorr on

There should be clear info on the product page what version of DAZ is required for the product.

mcorr what version of Studio are you useing?

• That is listed in the notes section of the product page. Is that note no longer correct?
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

"Notes

• Skin Builder 3 requires Daz Studio 4.9.2.70 or higher to work.
    • This product includes:
      • 1 DSON Core Installer"

Seems clear enough.

mcorr said:

There should be clear info on the product page what version of DAZ is required for the product.

edited September 2017
    fastbike1 said:

"Notes

• This product includes:
      • 1 DSON Core Installer"

Seems clear enough.

mcorr said:

I'm not talking about going into the notes each time I want to buy a product, but on the product (i.e. purchasing/storefront) page where it says that 4.9 is necessary, it should be specific (i.e. 4.9.2 upwards, etc.).

Post edited by mcorr on
    carrie58 said:

mcorr what version of Studio are you useing?

not the required one, unfortunately. not sure why these products can't be made more backward compatible.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,022
    edited September 2017
    mcorr said:
    fastbike1 said:

"Notes

• This product includes:
      • 1 DSON Core Installer"

Seems clear enough.

mcorr said:

I'm not talking about going into the notes each time I want to buy a product, but on the product (i.e. purchasing/storefront) page where it says that 4.9 is necessary, it should be specific (i.e. 4.9.2 upwards, etc.).

The Notes mentioned ARE on the "product (i.e. purchasing/storefront) page" right under What's Included and Features.

Post edited by TJohn on
    Tjohn said:
    mcorr said:
    fastbike1 said:

"Notes

• This product includes:
      • 1 DSON Core Installer"

Seems clear enough.

mcorr said:

The Notes mentioned ARE on the "product (i.e. purchasing/storefront) page" right under What's Included and Features.

I stand corrected. Thanks. Too bad the same documentation doesn't exist on the other products, like Growing Up and Pose Converter. Any idea what the requirements are for them?

• LiquidWarehouseLiquidWarehouse Posts: 128
    edited September 2017

Hi Zev0, running into problems with the undo function, I got a few steps into building a skin (Base Skin > Nipple adjust > Moles > Tan Lines) realised I wasn't keen on the tan lines and hit "undo tan lines" nothing happened but if I hit "Undo Moles" the tan lines were removed.

The further I move into a build and try to undo, the more eratic the results become, to the point were the skin colour changed to something a bit different from the base skin set.

Loving the tool though.

Post edited by LiquidWarehouse on

Be sure when building skins or using options you use tabs in order otherwise you will confuse the undo and layering. That way you should be able to undo what was last added and work backwards.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,730

Quick question can this be used on G3F in a commercial product with also G8F morphs too?

Yes. But G8F on its own, no. G3F must be included.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,730
    Zev0 said:

Yes. But G8F on its own, no. G3F must be included.

Yeah with G3F morphs and G8F morphs too!  Okay thanks!

• I am still new to making characters and still working on my first one and I till have alot ro learn in order to be able to have a character I can sell. I just wish I could afford this right now, because it would really lighten my load tremendously. Oh the woes of the newbie LOL.