Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• the tan lines only allow one pattern

• Zev0 said:

Welcome to the Official Skin Builder 3 Thread. Please post any product related questions here. Thank you for your support.

i cannot get the tan lines to do more than one pattern.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 2017

So, where is the User Guide for this product? The only button I have is "Skin Builder 3 Product Support," which takes me to this thread.

EDIT: Found it - only because I unzipped the package and found it buried in the Resources folder; might've been better to put it in a Documentation folder like most packages. I installed this package using DIM, and the PDF doesn't show up in either my Smart Content or my Content Library folders.

EDIT2: I hate to constantly ask stupid questions, but I generally expect obvious things to be obvious, and when they aren't, I get frustrated ;). How does one generate gen textures with this? I see the template skins, but I don't see any tabs relating to them, and no mention in the guide.

Post edited by Ptrope on
  • Zev0 said:

There will be an official G8F version. You can use the current version on G8F for personal use.

Cool!! I'm really looking forward to it. When?

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    Ptrope said:
    EDIT2: I hate to constantly ask stupid questions, but I generally expect obvious things to be obvious, and when they aren't, I get frustrated ;). How does one generate gen textures with this? I see the template skins, but I don't see any tabs relating to them, and no mention in the guide.

• Load in G3F
    • Graft on the G3F gen figure (doesn't work with 3rd party gens)
    • Run script.

If the gens are applied when you launch the script you will be presented with the option to generate a gen texture/preset.

If not, you're SOL as you'll have to go back and redo all the settings again to get it.

• I hope this isn't a repeat question.  My Skin Builder3 by Draagnstorm page does not allow me sto scroll up and down and the window is too long for me to be able to reach the 'Use Iray Setting' in the Settings tab and other buttons that may be on this tab or other tabs.  Is there anything that I can do to fix this?  

My second question is about the skins after they are applied.  Maybe it's because I can't reach the 'Use Iray Setting' button but after I apply the skins, they still have a darker tone to them.  The test skins I make are super pale but the skins show up darker than the skins actually are even after rendering.  

The third problem I have is with the preset skins, veins, etc.  They never stop loading (must close program) or can't locate the file location.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi to all, it´s posible to change the skin base for another?. For example use the skin:" genesis 3 female merchant resource"?.

Thank´s.

• Hi to all, it´s posible to change the skin base for another?. For example use the skin:" genesis 3 female merchant resource"?.

Thank´s.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Is it possible to add tattoos using SB3?

• I'm seeing something odd. Whe I try to apply brows, they show up on G3F and when the pc beeps to indicate the end of the process

and the confirmation window pops up, they vanish not to ever come back. If I dare say, wtf? ^_^;

• I'm using Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 and for some reason when I set and apply the make up it says it has applied but it isn't actually applying to my character?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited February 2018

I'm using Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 and for some reason when I set and apply the make up it says it has applied but it isn't actually applying to my character?

Did you look at opacity settings of makeup and/or do a test render?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Do you mean the visibility strength in skinbuilder itself? As for renders, I did try and the brows don't show up in them.

I found out about this after having removed brows on 3DU's Skyler's face texture and then trying to add new ones.

The mat I used was the iRay version. I have run some more tests since yesterday and I didn't manage to reproduce

it on a similarly morphed g3f with other iray textures by 3DU. Only Skyler seems to do this, it's odd...

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited February 2018

The options inside Skinbuilder are primarily meant for Skinbuilder skins you build. Yes in most cases they can be applied to 3rd party skins, but if the skin shader on those are significantly different, there is no guarentee the skinbuillder scripts can apply them successfully because they are optimized to work with the Iray shader setup used inside the scripts. If 3rd party skins deviate too much from the standard Iray settings, It can confuse the scripts. I will see what makes Skyler so different.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Cheers :) if it's any indication, I took a look in the temp folder. Skinbuilder does create the texture composite but

then removes them from the figure. After that they remain in the temp.

• Grabbed this today, happy to get it on sale! Zev0 and Raiya does the growing up series and skin for genesis 3 work with Skin Builder?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...I find it incredibly useful and economical as I don't have to buy a bunch of characters to get different skins. Works in both Iray and 3DL.

• kyoto kid said:

...I find it incredibly useful and economical as I don't have to buy a bunch of characters to get different skins. Works in both Iray and 3D

Thanks was hoping it would work since they are based on genesis 3.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I'm anxiously awaiting the Genesis 8 version. I hope that it's a merchant resource. :)

Samanthie said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I find it incredibly useful and economical as I don't have to buy a bunch of characters to get different skins. Works in both Iray and 3D

Thanks was hoping it would work since they are based on genesis 3.

..Made G3F much more useful for me due to the change in mapping structure which made difficult to use older generation skins.

• I am looking forward to using this. Grabbed the growing up/skin bundles for gen 3. Nice discounts today but I need to slow down..although if Genesis 8 comes out this month with deep discount I'll probably have to have it as well. :)

...not going any further than G3 myself.  On a fixed income, the changes are not all that encompassing to justify the financial investment , and also have a good deal of time invested in developing characters based on G2/G3.  Need to draw the line somewhere to get some actual meaningful work done.

• kyoto kid said:

...not going any further than G3 myself.  On a fixed income, the changes are not all that encompassing to justify the financial investment , and also have a good deal of time invested in developing characters based on G2/G3.  Need to draw the line somewhere to get some actual meaningful work done.

I am as well, but had a little extra in my pocket this month. I am really having fun with Skinbuilder and growing up bundles. Have my first character underway. Was nice to do something new today.

• I don't see that there is an option to add reflections for the eyes while in Skinbuilder. Is it possible to create this and add it into the eye folder somehow? 

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited February 2018

Skin Builder is using the SkinBuilder Temp files as the final mats rather than the ones with my name/character name. I went through the whole process twice tonight thinking I had done something wrong but the same thing happened. The directories are set up correctly to both the texture folder and mat folder. The mats are there but the textures/mats on my character are the temporary ones. I expected the new textures/mats to be placed onto the character. Can anyone help? Thanks!

*edit  guess I was having brain fog.lol I figured it out and applied the mats from my characters folder. 

Post edited by Samanthie on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Will we get a genesis 3 and 8 male version?

• Zev0 said:

Welcome to the Official Skin Builder 3 Thread. Please post any product related questions here. Thank you for your support.

I've just purchased this, and cannot get the script to actually load the program.  I just continually receive a message saying "an error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details" every time I click onto the "Skin Builder 3 " script button in Daz.   

Zev0 said:

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm seeing something odd. Whe I try to apply brows, they show up on G3F and when the pc beeps to indicate the end of the process

and the confirmation window pops up, they vanish not to ever come back. If I dare say, wtf? ^_^;

@second.technician.rimmer_9571136c47

Did you ever get this eyebrow issue figured out?

If not, here's an old post of mine that might explain what is happening, (and how to fix it, if it's the same issue.)

• waldowaldo Posts: 3

In my app the veins slider is not working (does not side just stuck in default and yes thelittle boxes are checked).

Suggestions?

Thanks

WD

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

I am a daz beginner and try to create a character with skin builder. 

But how do I accomplish that the brow and hair color match?

Under brow color in skin builder one can change the color but I don't know the exact color of the hair and it doesn't show in the surface tab of the hair (under base color there is a white<?> on a black background).

My attempts to get a matching color manually under brow color in skin builder are always slightly off. 

Any advice?

Thanks