Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2017
    L'Adair said:

Hoo BAAA!!!  I just figured out how to create Genesis 3 Male skins with SkinBuilder3.  Maybe somebody else has already done this but I'm woefully behind in my reading and wanted to show off anyway...

It's FWArt's Brayden with freckles applied, veins, moles and new hazel eyes.  Eazy-peezy!   Load G3F, apply G3M UV, apply male skin texture and run it through SB3.  Save it off as new preset.  Load G3M and apply new preset.  Voila!! New skin for G3M.

I'm sure somebody's already figured this out....it's way too easy.

Yes, a couple of us have experimented with doing this.  Not sure if anything was actually posted here, though, so you might be the first to post to this thread.  I believe there was one entry in Zev0's contest with the skin on a male.  I've done one and I know of at least two others that have experimented with it, too.  Nice job!

I did a male centaur for the competition, but I used the base G3F skin and used SloshWerks UV Swap to fit the female skin to the male figure.

The Base Male and Base Female UVs are not identical.You can probably get away with freckles, age spots, veins and such, possibly even brows, (if you move them up.) But any full uv process, such as Color Blend, is going to miss some of the areas near the seams. I've put together some images comparing the outlines of the male and female UVs. For the face, I also added the location of the eyes and the nostrils, one side is for the female the other for the male.

Legend:

• Black is where they overlap
    • Red is for the female
    • Blue is for the male

The Face texture, including the eye sockets and ears:

The Torso texture:

The Legs and Toenails texture:

The Arms and Fingernails texture:

This is fantastic, L'Adair!  I see I missed a few spots on the torso.  And I had already noticed the hands were off, too.  This will make it a lot easier to fix.  I think I have more fun tweaking than actually making art... laugh

The templates are part of the Starter Essentials, and can be downloaded from your Product Library. (Link will go to your product library page for the product, so you need to be logged in for the link to work.) I assumed images with the actual templates would be pulled as they are copyrighted images, but if you want to tweak the files SB3 uses to better fit the male UVs, you'd be better off using the actual templates, which are the same size as the files used by the script and 4 times larger than my examples. Don't forget to save your changes with new filenames, and in the same format as those you are modifying; If you ever need to update SB3, it will overwrite all files using the original filenames.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

Will this work with Genesis 8?  I am not sure if that got answered?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Will this work with Genesis 8?  I am not sure if that got answered?

SB3 uses the base G3F UV layout, which G8F can also use. You can't sell skins made in SB3 as G8F creations (only G3F creations) due to licensing issues with the merchant resources used for SB3, but Zev0 has mentioned possibly updating Skin Builder to address that.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2017

Yes the Genesis 8 version will have lots of changes, eg applying lashes to the seperate eyelash geometry, possible eye map rework to cater for Genesis 8 eye geometry change, possible shader changes, as well as texture order renaming in order to make it MR ready for Genesis 8. For those who have the Genesis 3 version they will just pay an upgrade price if they are interested in the Genesis 8 version. Hopefully after that I can add in the addon pack that I had planned, but it would be easier to develop once I have both G3 and G8 versions complete.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    Zev0 said:

Yes the Genesis 8 version will have lots of changes, eg applying lashes to the seperate eyelash geometry, possible eye map rework to cater for Genesis 8 eye geometry change, possible shader changes, as well as texture order renaming in order to make it MR ready for Genesis 8. For those who have the Genesis 3 version they will just pay an upgrade price if they are interested in the Genesis 8 version. Hopefully after that I can add in the addon pack that I had planned, but it would be easier to develop once I have both G3 and G8 versions complete.

I'm very much interested in the Genesis 8 version and am hoping that the addon pack will include wrinkles, but I'm sure that whatever you have planned will be well worth waiting for :)

Ye the wrinkle thing I wanna do is a bit tricky. I don't just want to have normal or bump detail, but burnt in wrinkle details on the diffuse itself. On some skin tones it looks great on others not so much, but I will solve it hopefully.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

That's a big problem for darker skin, where you want those creases to show darker.

edited June 2017

Well right now I have the diffuse details to apply on multiply, so they do show. But I want them to look natural, so I have lots of tweaking to do. Might need to add a secondary blend stage...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited June 2017

I am wondering if a version for Genesis 3 Male is also planned although G3 is not the latest generation anymore? 

Might be asked by others previously, but did not find anything...

Thanks

Post edited by SF-Design on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

It was, he said no.

For what it's worth, there's a thing to put G3F skins on G3M (also map transfer if you want to do it more slowly), but you aren't permitted to use it as a merchant resource that way.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

Hoo BAAA!!!  I just figured out how to create Genesis 3 Male skins with SkinBuilder3.  Maybe somebody else has already done this but I'm woefully behind in my reading and wanted to show off anyway...

It's FWArt's Brayden with freckles applied, veins, moles and new hazel eyes.  Eazy-peezy!   Load G3F, apply G3M UV, apply male skin texture and run it through SB3.  Save it off as new preset.  Load G3M and apply new preset.  Voila!! New skin for G3M.

I'm sure somebody's already figured this out....it's way too easy.

Yes, a couple of us have experimented with doing this.  Not sure if anything was actually posted here, though, so you might be the first to post to this thread.  I believe there was one entry in Zev0's contest with the skin on a male.  I've done one and I know of at least two others that have experimented with it, too.  Nice job!

I did a male centaur for the competition, but I used the base G3F skin and used SloshWerks UV Swap to fit the female skin to the male figure.

The Base Male and Base Female UVs are not identical.You can probably get away with freckles, age spots, veins and such, possibly even brows, (if you move them up.) But any full uv process, such as Color Blend, is going to miss some of the areas near the seams. I've put together some images comparing the outlines of the male and female UVs. For the face, I also added the location of the eyes and the nostrils, one side is for the female the other for the male.

Legend:

• Black is where they overlap
    • Red is for the female
    • Blue is for the male

The Face texture, including the eye sockets and ears:

The Torso texture:

The Legs and Toenails texture:

The Arms and Fingernails texture:

This is fantastic, L'Adair!  I see I missed a few spots on the torso.  And I had already noticed the hands were off, too.  This will make it a lot easier to fix.  I think I have more fun tweaking than actually making art... laugh

The templates are part of the Starter Essentials, and can be downloaded from your Product Library. (Link will go to your product library page for the product, so you need to be logged in for the link to work.) I assumed images with the actual templates would be pulled as they are copyrighted images, but if you want to tweak the files SB3 uses to better fit the male UVs, you'd be better off using the actual templates, which are the same size as the files used by the script and 4 times larger than my examples. Don't forget to save your changes with new filenames, and in the same format as those you are modifying; If you ever need to update SB3, it will overwrite all files using the original filenames.

Oh, totally.  I always edit texture files with the template as a layer in the PSD.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited June 2017

I didn't want to post this in the contest thread for fear of getting people excited about activity there, but now that there's an avalanche of new Zev0 products coming, I suddenly find myself much more interested in the results of the SB3 contest. :)

Post edited by Cybersox on

Should have announcement by tomorrow, latest Monday. Just getting another opinion between a few toss ups.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

If i'm starting with a merchant resource skin base that doesn't come with a material preset, should I clear out G3F of all settings and then manually apply the diffuse maps?  Can SB3 build all the bump, normal, spec, etc maps from just that?  Fortunately, I own GrowingUp so i've got that to start with but I know other packs just come with the diffuse maps and you're on you own, so I got curious how I'd go about using them.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited June 2017

It was, he said no.

For what it's worth, there's a thing to put G3F skins on G3M (also map transfer if you want to do it more slowly), but you aren't permitted to use it as a merchant resource that way.

ok, too bad. I would really need something for G3M like this, I hope they will create it for G8males then later and maybe an "update" or "extension" for the G3F version (I would of course like to pay for) will enable us to use the skins on G3males too as part of the MR license. 
    I mostly create male characters and actually Skin Builder is a fantastic product! I would love to have it for G3M / G8M too

Post edited by SF-Design on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Zev0 said:

Should have announcement by tomorrow, latest Monday. Just getting another opinion between a few toss ups.

Have the winners been annouced yet, I can't seem to find the thread.

scorpio said:
    Zev0 said:

Yes. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2574876/#Comment_2574876

yes

L'Adair said:
    scorpio said:
    Zev0 said:

yes

Thank you.

scorpio said:
    L'Adair said:
    scorpio said:
    Zev0 said:

yes

Thank you.

You're welcome. I almost said Congrats, but didn't want to ruin the surprise. So I settled on the thumbs up. And... Congrats!
    smiley

edited July 2017
    L'Adair said:
    scorpio said:
    L'Adair said:
    scorpio said:
    Zev0 said:

yes

Thank you.

You're welcome. I almost said Congrats, but didn't want to ruin the surprise. So I settled on the thumbs up. And... Congrats!
    smiley

Thank you and yes it was quite a surprise, all the entries were so wonderful.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited July 2017

Can anyone confirm that SB3 will work with geografted Anatomical Elements - more specifically the 3feetwolf set sold elsewhere but quite popular? I'm thinking particularly of the body hair and tan-line features and wondering whether it would work if applied to the G3F character before the NGV7 product is added (which, as I understand it, creates a skin from the character's hip region).

EDIT: Just checked on the forum where the product is sold and it looks like it will work with SB3.

Post edited by marble on
  • Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

I just bought Skin Builder 3 this morning (On sale, thanks, or should I admit that?) and I've been having fun getting acquainted with it & figuring out how it works. I own several other products from your workshop, all of them great, but this is the first texturing tool I've purchased.

My main problem so far has been trying to lighten the nipple/areola region and make it pink or pinkish rather than brown. I've tried various color and visibility settings, but nothing I do seems to lighten them up by more than a smidge, if that. I can turn them purple or magenta no problem...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...there is a separate setting for Nipples in the Skin Tab

Thanks, kyoto kid, I did find the 'nipples' tab (because I was looking for itwink).. But even shocking pink or white at 100% visibility didn't produce much of a lightening effect.

My copy of SB3 is temporarily out of service—for some reason it began cycling endlessly without reaching completion—but as soon as it's back up I'll experiment some more.

...if you are trying different new settings without undoing the previous one, that can result in the "endless cycling".  Down near the bottom of the SBP window there is a button for undoing any changes. You should also have the "Iray preview" box checked. so you can see the changes before rendering.

If you render the image and don't like how it looks, you can simply go to the main programme edit menu and click "undo" which will undo all changes you made in SBP. 

Also are you applying the nipple change first before the applying the full skin change?

edited July 2017
    kyoto kid said:

Also are you applying the nipple change first before the applying the full skin change?

Umm, I didn't know I was supposed to, but I will! Thanks! yes

[ Update: Nope, SB3 still hangs. No 'undo' available, ever, and the little 'wait' dingleball keeps circling indefinitely, even after SB3 reports the job is finished. I can move from one tab to another and tell it to change eye colors, but nothing happens. No 'undo' function. Even closing SB3 leaves that 'wait' dingleball endlessly circulating. The 'temp' folder shows that some textures were created, but after that, zilch. When I first fired it up, none of this was happening. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling it using DIM. I even tried uninstalling & deleting it, then re-downloading & installing, but something has gone haywire with my installation. I mean apart from being unable to creat pink nipples. ]

Post edited by Blind Owl on

@Blind Owl, Nipple Adj. doesn't include options for the Color Blend. I'm pretty sure that means whatever color you select will be applied using the Multiplicative method. And that means you can never get a lighter color than the original.

I have no idea what your "'wait' dingleball" means, but have you tried clearing your cache...?

L'Adair said:

Tech support once asked me to clear the cache. Here's the info they gave me to find it.

Have you tried clearing your temp cache?
    By default, they are located here:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp
    and
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dson\cache

If you can not see your AppData folder, type %appdata% in the Start menu and Windows will open the hidden folder.

Simply delete the files in these folders.

L'Adair said:

@Blind Owl, Nipple Adj. doesn't include options for the Color Blend. I'm pretty sure that means whatever color you select will be applied using the Multiplicative method. And that means you can never get a lighter color than the original.

I have no idea what your "'wait' dingleball" means, but have you tried clearing your cache...?

L'Adair said:

Tech support once asked me to clear the cache. Here's the info they gave me to find it.

Have you tried clearing your temp cache?
    By default, they are located here:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp
    and
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dson\cache

If you can not see your AppData folder, type %appdata% in the Start menu and Windows will open the hidden folder.

Simply delete the files in these folders.

Thanks, L'Adair, clearing the caches did the trick.

By 'wait dingleball' I meant the little circular thing that appears beside the cursor when DS is thinking long and hard. Don't know if there's a name for it.

...I think its called a "swirly". 

I suppose I shouldn't be answering questions at 1 am... I realized the "'wait' dingleball," or swirly, meant something was allegedly still working. What I meant was, I had no idea what process was causing it to continue to swirl. LOL

In any event, I'm happy to hear clearing the cache solved the problem. These days, anytime I screw something up, the first thing I do is clear the cache...