Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• xiaogouxiaogou Posts: 3

version 4.9.0.63

• CoolBreezeCoolBreeze Posts: 207
    edited May 2017

Using the skin base from skin builder, is when i get the seams.

Sofar this is just the 1 skin in skinbuilder. As I said, I have not tested the other range of skins provided with it.

All my other Kiera renders use the Rune7 skin, and the few posts above test render I noted I used LY_Emi skin set - I choose a random skin set i had in my library to try and test , and using these exact same render settings. Both the Rune7 and LY_Emi (http://www.daz3d.com/ly-emi) do not have or show the seams.

Post edited by CoolBreeze on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    Zev0 said:

Didn't you get the product to work?

not yet. I will try to remove the manual install and start over. i was waiting for your reply

sTILL GOES TO THE CLOUD FOLDER FOR THE TEXTURE

What I did to fix mine when it was having an issue with the cloud install is uninstall it through Studio and through the Install manager, then installed it back through the manager.  It is working perfectly for me now, but cunnect still wants to download it again, even though it is working correctly through smart content, and the icon is lit up like it is fully installed.

• Zev0 said:

Didn't you get the product to work?

not yet. I will try to remove the manual install and start over. i was waiting for your reply

sTILL GOES TO THE CLOUD FOLDER FOR THE TEXTURE

It is like the application doesnt go to the installed folder. I copies from it to the cloud folder and then tries to acces it for the information to build bu then askes for me to locate it. Is there a way for me to manually tell the script where to retrieve the file? This is wierd since it gets it and puts it in another but wont use the original for the render.

I thought I would try the bet public build DA, it works fine on this version. So I will us it on this version. 

• ironsiteironsite Posts: 11
    edited May 2017

I'm really happy with it so far. :)

Post edited by ironsite on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Zev0 said:

I can't duplicate this seam issue. Is anybody else getting it? Mine is coming out fine. Using skin from Skin Builder.

The only time I've seen any seams is when I'm using one of the base figure materials. As mentioned above, I was able to use Arabella's default skin and make it work by changing the UVs on the character to Base Female. No such luck with Rune 7's skin. I've played around a lot with skin from various G3F characters, and I've yet to see a seam on those.

My first foray into SB3 used the default G3F textures after converting to Iray with the Uber Shader. @Jadeonar, are you loading the default textures for G3F, or is this texture set for a specific add-on character?

L'Adair said:
    Zev0 said:

I can't duplicate this seam issue. Is anybody else getting it? Mine is coming out fine. Using skin from Skin Builder.

The only time I've seen any seams is when I'm using one of the base figure materials. As mentioned above, I was able to use Arabella's default skin and make it work by changing the UVs on the character to Base Female. No such luck with Rune 7's skin. I've played around a lot with skin from various G3F characters, and I've yet to see a seam on those.

My first foray into SB3 used the default G3F textures after converting to Iray with the Uber Shader. @Jadeonar, are you loading the default textures for G3F, or is this texture set for a specific add-on character?

Heya L'Adair ,

here's what I did:

1. Load G3F

2. Load a saved bodyshape i saved from SimTenero Randomizer

3. Load SkinBuilder 3 , set a save folder, made sure the IRay materials preferance was checked.

4. Move the Base skin slider to one of the medium skins.

5. Select a color to add to the base skin (some shade of pink)

6. Change the translucency SSS color from tan to something that'd probably match

7. Set the eyebrows (forgot to set them to a color matching the hair), and Eyelashes

8. Set the Eye texture and color

9. Played with the other skin options veins, etc but didn't apply them.

10. saved out the skin presets - full, and the other various ones .

The UV's were the Base UV's and remain the Base UV's before and after Skinbuilder...

My goal was to make a Zeltron character (Star Wars species  link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zeltron)  , and also set a translucency / sss color to match, instead of the default tan color... 

I was under the assumption that Skinbuilder comes with its own set of stock skins, hence the skin set slider going from dark to white ... And I DO have the Iray Materials option selected, so it sets up the proper material shaders.

I had forgotten to set a color to the eyebrows and eyelashes hence was asking if there was a way to return to skinbuilder and reload the settings for that last set so i could make a couple edits / changes (bought the brow remover package also and realbrows recently - those work really well btw)

To verify, I tried applying a different random vendor skin set onto the figure - LY_Emi, no seams shown, and Base UV still. Closed Studio, reloaded the scene, deleted and added a new stock G3F, applied the same Skinbuilder skin preset, did a test render and got the seams. So its not the morphs.

Aside from the seams, the character was pretty much set and ready to render, then move onto the next one using the same scene. Was going to do a few males as well, hence asking about getting skinbuilder updated to work for male textures as well, or be it a seperate product (toons already replied regarding the uv swap method)...

I did post my render settings and why I use those, as well as the material setting for the skin...

All I can think of is that this issue doesn't appear at the default IRay render settings, and only shows up at much higher quality settings.

When I try starting fresh with a new figure and going back into skinbuilder, i didn't write down the 2 shades of pink i picked originally, and i end up with a different shade of skin than i wanted, using the iray preview mode...

I'm stumped...

@jadeonar, you are correct that setting the Skin Base uses the "stock skins" that come with SB3. So my next question is, have you applied the saved preset to a default G3F, without the Randomizer's morphs?  If so, do you still see the seams?

Have you tried the same skin set in 3Delight? (Apply to your model, open SB3, uncheck the Iray checkbox, save the full body preset with 3DL added to the name. Then try rendering in 3Delight.) If the seam is still there in 3Delight, you can continue to troubleshoot the issue with, (I think,) faster renders. And if the seam only shows up in Iray, that's telling us something, too. (Not that I know what it's telling us, but someone else might!)

L'Adair said:

@jadeonar, you are correct that setting the Skin Base uses the "stock skins" that come with SB3. So my next question is, have you applied the saved preset to a default G3F, without the Randomizer's morphs?  If so, do you still see the seams?

That was my next course of thinking, I loaded a new stock G3F , and applied the saved SB3 saved skin set to it, checked to make sure it still said Base UV, and did a test render. Still got the seams.

I tried LY_Emi skin test, no seams. Tried Rune7, no seams. I posted all these on the last page actually. The human skintone was the character morphs with the LY_Emi skin set ad purple bikini texture. The stock G3F and SB3 skin preset was with the blue bikini texture

L'Adair said:

Have you tried the same skin set in 3Delight? (Apply to your model, open SB3, uncheck the Iray checkbox, save the full body preset with 3DL added to the name. Then try rendering in 3Delight.) If the seam is still there in 3Delight, you can continue to troubleshoot the issue with, (I think,) faster renders. And if the seam only shows up in Iray, that's telling us something, too. (Not that I know what it's telling us, but someone else might!)

I can give that a try, its worth the shot in the dark at this point.

Thanks for trying to help. So much for my day off huh?  Last night I had hoped to have this character done and rendered and move onto the next one. Hope we can find a fix / solution for this...

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366
    Gr00vus said:

Having problems applying makeup/lips. When I apply lips the script runs for a bit but eventually does nothing. I get the following entries in the log file:

2017-05-07 23:33:58.741 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:04.421 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:14.989 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:31.277 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:35.346 DEBUG: [object Object]2017-05-07 23:34:35.366 WARNING: Script Error: Line 108882017-05-07 23:34:35.366 WARNING: Error: cannot access member `toString' of deleted QObject2017-05-07 23:34:35.366 WARNING: Stack Trace:	<anonymous>()@H:/Daz Studio Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse:108882017-05-07 23:34:35.390 Error in script execution: H:/Daz Studio Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling skin builder, but no luck.

Studio version is 4.9.3.166

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    xiaogou said:

version 4.9.0.63

Skin Builder 3 requires Daz Studio 4.9.2.70 or higher to work.

We have a fix regarding the connect install issues and the cloud temp saving. I will post it here for those who were having that issue to test out. I'm just making sure it is working on our side. Once those users can confirm this works we will make the update official.

edited May 2017

Ok here it is. For those with cloud issues, please change the temp folder path in the script if it is pointing to the cloud. This should fix that issue of textures not being found. Just overwrite the script. This version also has the mac issue fix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45wq35uoyma9kie/Skin Builder 3 cloudfix.zip?dl=0

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

I've read the guide but am still a little fuzy on things. In particular the order I should do things. Should I build the skin first then go the detail tabs and apply those one at a time? I'm getting some file not founds when I try to do things like add splotches and all of my skins are coming out without the brows showing up at all. A step by step would be most useful. 1. Do this. 2. apply this, etc etc. I apologize if I have missed the information further up. I'm still reading through this mammoth thread.

"Should I build the skin first then go the detail tabs and apply those one at a time?"

Yes. The tabs are arranged in order in how you should apply things. Skin first then the next and so on if you wish to use that particular detail.

Zev0 said:

"Should I build the skin first then go the detail tabs and apply those one at a time?"

Yes. The tabs are arranged in order in how you should apply things. Skin first then the next and so on if you wish to use that particular detail.

Thanks. I'm going to try things in that order. Any idea about the missing brows?

Can you be more specific about the brows?

For those with cloud issues, please change the temp folder path in the script if it is pointing to the cloud. This should fix that issue of textures not being found. Just overwrite the script. This version also has the mac issue fix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45wq35uoyma9kie/Skin Builder 3 cloudfix.zip?dl=0

Zev0 said:

Can you be more specific about the brows?

Here's an example. Note that the eyebrows are gone entirely.

edited May 2017

The skin base does not apply eyebrows. It is browless. You need to add in your own via the brow tab. All you did was apply a base skin.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2017
    vwrangler said:

I've been having fun with this product, but I have come up with one question. Is it possible to make light freckles to go on a dark skin? I made a fantasy-style texture that was very dark, and thought that shifting the colors of the freckles to nearly white would make them show up on the dark texture. Instead, they seemed to just go invisible. It happened that way with both the Subsurface version and the Iray version I tried to make. There only seems to be one blend option for freckles, so changing from multiplicative to normal isn't something that I can do.

Is there any way to make white(ish) freckles on a very dark texture work?

Yes. But it requires going back and forth between the Surfaces Editor and SB3...

After reading your post, I got to thinking that there should be a way. This is what I came up with:

1. Create your skin same as you normally would, right up to the point where you want to add your light freckles. (It works for Age Spots, too.)
    2. Save the Full Body preset, with a unique identifier after "Full"... for example: WIP01
    3. Close SB3
    4. In the Surface Editor, use the Layer Image Editor (LIE) to invert the texture maps for the Base Color. Select the parameters in groups so you only have to do it once for each image.
    5. Open SB3 and immediately save the inverted skin as a Full Body preset, (WIP02.) What you are about to do will require some trial and error. It will save time to have this phase of the process ready to be reloaded if you aren't happy with the results and want to try again.
    6. Now go back to the Overlays tab and open Freckles, (or Age Spots.) Set the color to be the inverse of the color you want on the final skin. For example, use black if you want white freckles. When you apply the overlays, you will see dark, blackish freckles and/or age spots on your light, oddly colored skin.
    7. Now go back the Utilities and save this light colored, dark speckled/spotted skin. (Full Body, WIP03)
    8. Back in the Surface Editor, use LIE to invert your speckled texture maps. If you don't like the color your overlays created, apply the Full Body preset for WIP02 and open in SB3 again. Else open SB3 again and continue to make your changes: addtional overlays, eyes, lashes, brows, gens hair, etc.
    9. With all the changes complete, save all the presets appropriate for your project.

And your done. Quite a bit more work than SB3 alone, but still a whole lot better than doing it all in your favorite image editor.

And to prove my work, I used this technique in another entry in the contest thread: Sagittarius.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

.Wouldn't it be easier to just copy the textures from the freckles folder and make another colorblend option from them? That way you could have whatever colour freckles you wanted, on whatever colour skin you wanted, whenever you wanted them. I wouldn't have thought this would take long to try, but I'm pushed for time at the moment so will see if it works later. Meanwhile, everyone else can point out the Obvious Flaws in the idea that are probably completely passing me by :)

edited May 2017

"Wouldn't it be easier to just copy the textures from the freckles folder and make another colorblend option from them? That way you could have whatever colour freckles you wanted, on whatever colour skin you wanted, whenever you wanted them."

That can work:) You can do it that way as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

The skin base does not apply eyebrows. It is browless. You need to add in your own via the brow tab. All you did was apply a base skin.

This may relate back to my doing things out of order. I'll give it another shot.

• ueziuezi Posts: 46

Hi Zev0,

I've run multiple diagnostic tools on my computer but they didn't find anything. Interestingly after running those tools, Skin Builder worked without issue. 
    ​I think the issue was related to something else... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regrds,
    - Peter

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

A few questions:

The cloud fix with the temp folder.  Do we just need to change where it's pointing or do we also need to put the script fix somewhere? or is the script thing for some other issue?  And, what folder does the .dse file go into?  I used Connect to install and both times I've used SB3, I had errors about finding textures.  I both changed where the temps get put and put the script where I think it goes, but I haven't a clue if I put it in the correct folder.  The good news is that my last attempt at using SB3, I had no error messages pop up, but I'd like to make sure that I actually did the fix correctly and put everything where it belongs.

On darker skin, is there a way to mask the hands and feet to get a variation in color on the palms and soles or is that something we have to attempt in a 2D program with the final maps? 

So far, I'm loving the new SB3!  It's a blast to work with!

edited May 2017

"The cloud fix with the temp folder.  Do we just need to change where it's pointing or do we also need to put the script fix somewhere? or is the script thing for some other issue?  And, what folder does the .dse file go into?  I used Connect to install and both times I've used SB3, I had errors about finding textures.  I both changed where the temps get put and put the script where I think it goes, but I haven't a clue if I put it in the correct folder.  The good news is that my last attempt at using SB3, I had no error messages pop up, but I'd like to make sure that I actually did the fix correctly and put everything where it belongs."

Place the script in your People\Genesis 3 Female\Materials\Skin Builder 3\ in your content directory and overwrite the old script. Then manually set a output folder other than the cloud location.

"On darker skin, is there a way to mask the hands and feet to get a variation in color on the palms and soles or is that something we have to attempt in a 2D program with the final maps?"

I can try and make a colourblend option for that, mask those areas. Was going to add it in but ran out of time for release window.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    uezi said:

Hi Zev0,

I've run multiple diagnostic tools on my computer but they didn't find anything. Interestingly after running those tools, Skin Builder worked without issue. 
    ​I think the issue was related to something else... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regrds,
    - Peter

Cool, glad you got it working:)

.Wouldn't it be easier to just copy the textures from the freckles folder and make another colorblend option from them? That way you could have whatever colour freckles you wanted, on whatever colour skin you wanted, whenever you wanted them. I wouldn't have thought this would take long to try, but I'm pushed for time at the moment so will see if it works later. Meanwhile, everyone else can point out the Obvious Flaws in the idea that are probably completely passing me by :)

Well, Color Blend me sheepish! You're right. I was so focused on the original question and Zev0's answer about overlays needing the color to be multiplicative, using Color Blend never occurred to me! But yours is a more elegant solution, by far.

Skype FacePalm Icon

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    L'Adair said:

Well, Color Blend me sheepish! You're right. I was so focused on the original question and Zev0's answer about overlays needing the color to be multiplicative, using Color Blend never occurred to me! But yours is a more elegant solution, by far.

Skype FacePalm Icon

Lol. My solutions are seldom to do with elegance and usually a lot more to do with extreme bone idleness - I think I was turning pale with the thought of all the effort you'd put in somewhere around Step 2 :) When a problem arises that requires something really substantial to solve then I'll definitely be looking to you :)