Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Toonces said:

Also, when you run the skin builder script, there's a button for quick access to the guide.

LOL... I knew I got to the guide without going through DIM... I was looking for a link in the Content Library! Then decided I was misremembering when I didn't find it there. As the bumper sticker states, "Old Age Isn't For Sissies!"

• CoolBreezeCoolBreeze Posts: 207

Getting seams using the Base Genesis 3 Famale and UV set, and was only using the base Genesis 3 Female to start with and dialed in a bunch of morphs...  I seen the post one page back regarding having to set the UV set to Base Female... Seams on the upper thighs, as well as upper neck and on the head - where the face map starts...

Would be nice if there was a No Brows option, as well as a choose color of Brows and Lashes options, would help when doing non-human type characters.

A Skin-Builder save / load preset would be nice , to be able to go back into skin builder load said settings and be able to further tweak, adjust said options without having to start anew every time. If I wanted to go back into Skinbuilder and load this skin set again and add extras to it would be nice. Kinda tough trying to start anew and recreate the exact same skin blending and color / transparency values all over again.

Is there a way a user can add their own extra skin effects maps or are we limited to just what the Skinbuilder is provided with?

Lastly, wish there was a version for the males, or that the SkinBuilder detected and automatically worked for the males as well. Bought this utility to make the skin customizing a breeze. Guess I still have to do it the manual way for the males...

Thanks!

0002f test2.JPG
    1440 x 2560 - 453K
    0002f.JPG
    1440 x 2560 - 781K
  • TooncesToonces Posts: 919

It works for slightly effiminate males, considering you can simply put the G3F skins on G3M with this:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

Toonces said:

It works for slightly effiminate males, considering you can simply put the G3F skins on G3M with this:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

Hey cool, I'll definately be picking that up sometime... Thanks! Thst'll be in the next few purchases...

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited May 2017
    Jadeonar said:

Getting seams using the Base Genesis 3 Famale and UV set, and was only using the base Genesis 3 Female to start with and dialed in a bunch of morphs...  I seen the post one page back regarding having to set the UV set to Base Female... Seams on the upper thighs, as well as upper neck and on the head - where the face map starts...

Would be nice if there was a No Brows option, as well as a choose color of Brows and Lashes options, would help when doing non-human type characters.

A Skin-Builder save / load preset would be nice , to be able to go back into skin builder load said settings and be able to further tweak, adjust said options without having to start anew every time. If I wanted to go back into Skinbuilder and load this skin set again and add extras to it would be nice. Kinda tough trying to start anew and recreate the exact same skin blending and color / transparency values all over again.

Is there a way a user can add their own extra skin effects maps or are we limited to just what the Skinbuilder is provided with?

Lastly, wish there was a version for the males, or that the SkinBuilder detected and automatically worked for the males as well. Bought this utility to make the skin customizing a breeze. Guess I still have to do it the manual way for the males...

Thanks!

There should not be seams anywhere if using the base uv.

"A Skin-Builder save / load preset would be nice"

That is included. Did you read the tutorial or look under the utilities tab?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2017
    Jadeonar said:

Edited. Zev0 already answered this one. laugh

Jadeonar said:

Whether or not your character comes with and without brows is up to the PA creating the product. However, you can purchase Brow Remover for Daz Studio and remove the brows yourself. A very good investment, imo, with so many fiber brow products coming out, as well as products to add brows to the face materials, (like SB3 does.)

Jadeonar said:

As Zev0 pointed out, there is a Save Skin and Material Presets tab under Utilities. To load a preset, just apply it to the G3F figure you're working with and then open SB3. You won't be able to remove options such as freckles, though. If that is something you think you'll want to do, you should save variation presets of the materials.

Jadeonar said:

Yes. As an example, say you wanted to add a different face freckle pattern. It currently ships with three, 0-2. Your new option would become 3. You would need to create an icon, named "FrecklesHead_03.png," and place it in the \People\Genesis 3 Female\Materials\Skin Builder 3\Resources\Overlay Details\Freckles\Head folder. And you would put your new freckles file, named "Head_Freckles_3M.jpg," in the \Runtime\Textures\SkinBuilderG3FMR\Overlay Details\Freckles folder.

Jadeonar said:

Thanks!

A lot of us wish there would be a male version, but the reality is products like these for the males just don't sell well enough to be worth the huge time investment by the creators. It is possible to get creative and come up with skins for G3F that can be used on G3M using the UV swap product linked to by Toonces above. I did with my first entry in the render competition, here. Scroll up from my centaur and find Astracadia's "Stellar Beauty" entry. The green skin on the male was also created with SB3. You won't be able use G3F skins on G3M characters for sale, but there is nothing stopping you from creating them for your own use.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited May 2017

For lips, it says something like "apply base first." I'm not at my computer but I think that was it. So do I just click the Apply Lips button first thing before selecting a color, and then adjust the slider, change the color etc.? The default color is purplish, so does that mean it becomes the base color? Or do I choose a color, apply, and then adjust the slider and color for glow, and apply again? I'm sure this is second nature to those who wear lipstick! laugh

Yes, I read the instructions and looked at all the screen shots on the first page of this thread. It's not covered, unless I missed it. 

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • Zev0 said:
    Jadeonar said:

Thanks!

the sceane optimizer will sometimes cerate seams

Skin Builder skins works as intended and I am not liable for 3rd party products and the results they cause. Maybe ask that seller what that product could be doing to cause the effect.

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

Having problems applying makeup/lips. When I apply lips the script runs for a bit but eventually does nothing. I get the following entries in the log file:

2017-05-07 23:33:58.741 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:04.421 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:14.989 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:31.277 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for DzTabBar)2017-05-07 23:34:35.346 DEBUG: [object Object]2017-05-07 23:34:35.366 WARNING: Script Error: Line 108882017-05-07 23:34:35.366 WARNING: Error: cannot access member `toString' of deleted QObject2017-05-07 23:34:35.366 WARNING: Stack Trace:	<anonymous>()@H:/Daz Studio Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse:108882017-05-07 23:34:35.390 Error in script execution: H:/Daz Studio Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling skin builder, but no luck.

What version of Studio are you running?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    Zev0 said:
    Jadeonar said:

Thanks!

Scene Optimiser downsamples images - if the downsampling goes far enough to draw in some of the background colour of the image then that will produce seams, as the pixels around each UV island will be lightened (assuming a white background). I don't know how much bleed the Skin Builder 3 maps have, but if you are seeing the effect it does suggest you are over-reducing the textures for the thir distance from the camera.

dawnblade said:

For lips, it says something like "apply base first." I'm not at my computer but I think that was it. So do I just click the Apply Lips button first thing before selecting a color, and then adjust the slider, change the color etc.? The default color is purplish, so does that mean it becomes the base color? Or do I choose a color, apply, and then adjust the slider and color for glow, and apply again? I'm sure this is second nature to those who wear lipstick! laugh

Yes, I read the instructions and looked at all the screen shots on the first page of this thread. It's not covered, unless I missed it. 

You want to apply the base color before applying any other lip effects. Unless you actually want purple lips, you should change the base color to what you need. Then you can modify it using the other options. Have fun with it. Try everything and see what happens. You can always use the Undo feature if you don't like one or another of the effects.

Zev0 said:
    Jadeonar said:

Thanks!

Scene Optimiser downsamples images - if the downsampling goes far enough to draw in some of the background colour of the image then that will produce seams, as the pixels around each UV island will be lightened (assuming a white background). I don't know how much bleed the Skin Builder 3 maps have, but if you are seeing the effect it does suggest you are over-reducing the textures for the thir distance from the camera.

I just tested this and reduced the skins with Scene Optimizer and I'm not getting seams. Maybe there is another factor involved?

edited May 2017
    L'Adair said:
    dawnblade said:

You want to apply the base color before applying any other lip effects. Unless you actually want purple lips, you should change the base color to what you need. Then you can modify it using the other options. Have fun with it. Try everything and see what happens. You can always use the Undo feature if you don't like one or another of the effects.

Ye If you want no color just set it to white. The reason the base has to be applied first is because the added options (gradients) are set on top of that and uses the settings that the base is set to, eg gloss settings, other wise it would stack.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xiaogouxiaogou Posts: 3

I does help on how to use skin builder 3. So it seems the problem now is that for some reason I can not start the program itself. The other skin builders I have has a dedicated icon to start the program, but either the script to open the program is broken or there is another way to access the program.

Please advise me how is it supposed to open in DAZ 3d

L'Adair said:
    dawnblade said:

Thank you!

Zev0 said:
    L'Adair said:
    dawnblade said:

Ye If you want no color just set it to white. The reason the base has to be applied first is because the added options (gradients) are set on top of that and uses the settings that the base is set to, eg gloss settings, other wise it would stack.

Thank you!

xiaogou said:

I does help on how to use skin builder 3. So it seems the problem now is that for some reason I can not start the program itself. The other skin builders I have has a dedicated icon to start the program, but either the script to open the program is broken or there is another way to access the program.

Please advise me how is it supposed to open in DAZ 3d

What version of Studio are you running?

edited May 2017
    Zev0 said:
    Jadeonar said:

Thanks!

I'll look through the manual again, and I was refering to saving a skin building project that could be returned to next time. Like I said, I'll look through the manual again, if its there i likely missed it.

The seams issue still remains sadly... G3 Female, Base UV, ... I did a test, using another vendor's skin set - LY_Emi , uses the G3F Base UV as well... I let this run for a while to see the results if there's something wrong with the character or combinatinos of morphs used. No seams whatsoever. This is about as Apples to Apples comparison test I could think of.

Not using the Scene Optimizer either. Don't even have it or need it since I don't have an nvidia graphics card.  Same scene and render settings as Kiera (G3F, Base UV, Rune7 skin set) was rendered https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/356571

seams.jpg
    1338 x 847 - 344K
    no-seams1.jpg
    1501 x 1005 - 576K
    no-seams2.jpg
    1447 x 997 - 405K
    Post edited by CoolBreeze on
  • did you find a solution from my logs for my situation yet?

Didn't you get the product to work?

• Zev0 said:

not yet. I will try to remove the manual install and start over. i was waiting for your reply

• Zev0 said:

not yet. I will try to remove the manual install and start over. i was waiting for your reply

sTILL GOES TO THE CLOUD FOLDER FOR THE TEXTURE

And 50 some minutes later, here's a stock G3F , no morphs applied, Base UV , and the Skinbuilder set applied ... Sadly, seams still visible... both on the head and leg. havn't checked for seams at the arms...

Don't get me wrong, you've got a seriously awesome product here, its really makes doing custom skins for characters fun and easy. Takes all the hassle out of setting up the materials with iray settings and lets the person get back to setting up the scene and let it render.

It appears to be an issue with the set of textures i selected within Skinbuilder. Not sure which set this applies to or which slider number value I used at the time for the base texture. I'm not sure if this issue is affecting this particular set of textures or if the other included base textures have the same issue or not. I hope this narrows things down for you to be able to get the problem solved. Though I do know it takes my machine a good 40 - 50 min per render to get to that stage to see the seams and its frustrating, meaning abort and go back to step 1.

As for the skin coloration, I randomly clicked on a few colors in the color pallette for both the skin and sss translucency areas, and was happy with how well it renders. Its just the seams issue.

seams2.jpg
    1567 x 1005 - 666K
    seams2b.jpg
    1541 x 1049 - 333K
    skin builder set.jpg
    941 x 945 - 315K
  • Zev0 said:

It is like the application doesnt go to the installed folder. I copies from it to the cloud folder and then tries to acces it for the information to build bu then askes for me to locate it. Is there a way for me to manually tell the script where to retrieve the file? This is wierd since it gets it and puts it in another but wont use the original for the render.

edited May 2017

I can't duplicate this seam issue. Is anybody else getting it? Mine is coming out fine. Using skin from Skin Builder.

Capture.JPG
    656 x 892 - 58K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

It is like the application doesnt go to the installed folder. I copies from it to the cloud folder and then tries to acces it for the information to build bu then askes for me to locate it. Is there a way for me to manually tell the script where to retrieve the file? This is wierd since it gets it and puts it in another but wont use the original for the render.

Did you specify a path?

Capture2.JPG
    696 x 815 - 82K

Hmm, ok, lets keep troubleshooting this...

Here's what Studio shows for my skin settings

and also what i'm using for render settings. While I don't have nvidia graphics, my system specs are more along the lines of a graphics workstation. i've got the cpu power to use a higher range of quality settings. I don't like the iray render pixel artifacts, hence the higher quality settings. Nor do I mind letting it run and render while i'm at work for 8 - 12 hours.

Hope this helps!

seams - settings.jpg
    369 x 867 - 99K
    seams - render settings 1.png
    533 x 1327 - 119K
    seams - render settings 2.jpg
    523 x 1319 - 176K
    seams - render settings 3.jpg
    529 x 1317 - 182K
    edited May 2017
    And you are getting this seams using skin base from skinbuilder? Or is this happening on all skins.
    Post edited by Zev0 on