No one asked me - Diomede screenshots on whatever - Warning AI Discussion OK

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited June 2023

Diomede said:

And the fourth is the woolly mmammoth, which is just a Poser mammoth with Carrara hair replacing the conforming hair.  For some reason the tusks were not working.  I did manage to get around to model replacement tusks, but I never finished the walk cycle for the mammoths.

the mammoth looks similar to the model I have which is a morph for the old Daz elephant I think.. called mammuth 

the tusks are ok with that one ... I wonder if your model is different surprise as mine didn't have any conforming hair... 

Mammoth.png
    640 x 480 - 511K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,704
    edited June 2023

Hello Stezza - there is an old Mammoth made by Smith Micro/Content Paradise at Renderosity, hair on it is fairly old fashioned model hair.

Midnight Stories has released an updated Mammoth at Renderosity as well.

Mammoth x 2.png
    2925 x 1040 - 988K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082
    edited June 2023

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.  The mammoth issue is very strange.  It is a Poser file, but it behaves differently in Studio compared to Carrara.  Not sure why.  I had loaded it in studio and saved it as a preset.  Loading that preset in Carrara, there were bones for the tusks, but the tusks did not appear.  I did not put too much effort in solving the tusk issue because it was faster to just model some tusks myself.  The figure is from the old content paradise site and is labeled Woolly Mammoth in my runtime.

mammoths 2.jpg
    907 x 623 - 137K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited June 2023

while I have a large and truly terrifying collection of old Poser animals the mammoth isn't among them surprise

in addition to my versions going back to P7 I got heaps from Content Paradise many free

Renderosity still sells them cheeky

the turning off limits thing applies to many old Poser figures, 3DU figures and Songbird Remix so thought was worth a go

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

More of 'No one asked me.'  I am traveling to a wedding in Italy (yay) so will probably not be checking Carrara-world for a while.  Be well.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824

Diomede said:

More of 'No one asked me.'  I am traveling to a wedding in Italy (yay) so will probably not be checking Carrara-world for a while.  Be well.

have fun kiss 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Diomede said:

Sounds great, I never got past the English channel, except for 15 minutes in Calais when we had to get right back on the Hovercrat back to Dover.  I have a friend on a six week tour in Italy, her name is Joey, if you see her say Hi.  wink

Diomede said:

safe travels

ask them why they don't put pineapple on their pizzas yes 

Stezza said:

Diomede said:

safe travels

ask them why they don't put pineapple on their pizzas yes 

+1 yes

edited November 2023

Humorama Style Vintage Comic Panels

This is a sample of my workflow.  Going for a black and white comic panel that uses a splash of color for interest - usually either red or blue.  So this is a recent project.  The next few posts will show the basic steps.

00 Composite.png
    600 x 800 - 176K
    edited November 2023

Summary. 

I use the native Toon filter in Carrara's scene tab.  The scene retains the ability to render colors but I replace many object's shaders with black and white gradients, usually driven by the texture map. These are my Toon Filter settings.  I usually reduce the size of the edges, for example.

For example, I tend to use G2M and G2F generation.  So I have saved a global shader for Michael 6 and for Victoria 6 that makes the skin shaders B/W gradients with the texture map in the gradient blender channel. 

Occasionally, one of the people figures will have some color information, but to keep the monotone I simple replace the B/W gradient with a reddish or blueish gradient, still driven by the texture map.  I attach an example with a red theme. 

In the above example of the art show slap, the figures remain B/W.  It is the artwork that gets a splash of color for interest.  I used simple primitive planes.  I set the shader for the plane a reddish gradient, and used a classic artwork to drive the gradient.

zz03 filter toon pro edges reduced a few other adjustments.png
    1505 x 792 - 198K
    zz04 shaders grayscale with color gradients.png
    1915 x 771 - 220K
    zz05 gradient shader pinks and reds.png
    1887 x 806 - 242K
    zz06 color gradient for artwork.png
    942 x 615 - 144K

always enjoy your images and reading the pathways to getting to it  yes

Stezza said:

always enjoy your images and reading the pathways to getting to it  yes

Thanks.  This thread is a big help to me as I get older and forget how I did things.  blush

edited December 2023

DEPTH PASSES - Infinite Planes Compared to Replicated Terrains or Oceans

This is new to me so maybe others will be interested.  If you are doing an outdoors scene and care about the depth pass, it makes a difference whether you replicate terrains into the distance or use an infinite plane.  A grid of seamless replicated terrains yields a much better depth pass than a single infinite plane. Was news to me.  Here, I have a scene with an ocean in the background.  I looked at it two ways.  First I did the Fractal Dimensia / PhilW trick of using a terrain for the ocean, just replicating it using the checkbox for 'seamless' and matching the cell grid sizes to the terrain dimensions.  Then I used a single infinite plane.  Look at the difference in the depth passes.  The replicated ocean has a much more useful depth pass than the infinite plabe depth pass.  

The scene setup.

bb00 scene setup two ways to do an ocean.png
    1838 x 917 - 877K
    bb 01 compare depth pass.jpg
    877 x 755 - 78K
    edited December 2023

Dangers from the Mist - Year 850.

A version with no use of the depth pass.  Straight render out of Carrara.  In the next day or two, I will experiment with what can be done with the depth pass.

Ye old Poser 7 Male (Simon), Erik the Red clothes from defunct Content Paradise, some Carrara fog and Volumetric clouds to try to get some mist.

P7 Erik the Red 9.png
    1024 x 1536 - 2M
    edited December 2023

This is the depth pass for the updated version of the scene posted above - Dangers from the Mist - Year 850.

P7 Erik the Red 9_Depth.png
    1024 x 1536 - 105K

Attempt to use the depth pass in a photo editor for the Viking image.

cc01 copy paste depth into channels and rename depth.png
    1570 x 915 - 124K
    cc02 back to regular layers with beauty pass loaded.png
    1298 x 885 - 792K
    cc03 filter blur lens blur.png
    815 x 673 - 371K
    cc04 in lens blur menu choose depth channel that loaded earlier.png
    1402 x 755 - 476K
    cc07 add layer mask.png
    1290 x 900 - 63K
    cc08 copy the depth map into the layer mask but to do it must alt click on mask to select it after having copied the depth map.png
    1367 x 893 - 128K
    cc09 effect of depth map with noise.png
    1202 x 843 - 756K
    cc11 select foreground p7 male.png
    1064 x 839 - 77K
    cc12 expand selection.png
    1070 x 858 - 82K
    edited December 2023

Before and After Postwork.  

Not sure I am a net positive as a postwork artist..  

Erik before after.jpg
    1054 x 768 - 347K
    edited December 2023

Free Low Res Elephant for Your Enjoyment.

Free for any purpose.  If Tamborines and Elephants are playing in the band, then all the better.  You will want to the replace the shader but the uvmap is acceptable so any skin texture you have should be OK.

zip
    zip
    Elephant Share ZIP.zip
    aa01 elephant.png
    2439 x 1323 - 1M
  • thanks for the pachyderm yes

that is one cool elephant .. thankyou yes

edited December 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

thanks for the pachyderm yes

+1 yes

Diomede Elehant 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Great job, Bunyip.  The baby elephant is going to be so scared of that rodent!

Diomede said:

Thanks !!! Tree, Rat, & Elephant are all yours !

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Thanks !!! Tree, Rat, & Elephant are all yours !

Wow, I forgot about modeling and rigging some rats.  yes

edited March 7

Ravenhart Divinity Oracle Building - 3 things.

1) Dart is doing a webinar through Digital Art Live on content sold through the Daz3D store, and he has chosen Ravenhart as an example.  Ravenhart made the SciFi spaceship set series Marcoor.  

2) Ravenhart also made the classic Dividnity Oracle textures back in the day, which I have.  

3) I am going to use Ravenhart's Divinity Oracle tower for a walk through of Carrara Toon and Multipasses to Stable Diffusion workflow.

A) Simple block out in Carrara.  I inserted a couple Carrara terrains.  For the foreground terrain, I applied a plateau filter so I could put the Divinity Oracle near the top.  I staggered the other two terrains twoard the background.

B) Create a tree replicator holder.  I duplicated the foreground terrain, created a new master, and converted it to a vertex model.  In the vertex modeler, I created a new shading domain for tree placement.  I inserted a surface replicator, chose the duplicate vertex terrain as the holder, and limited the replicated objects to the new shading domain just created.  I chose the tree as the object to be replicated.

C) I arranged the scene and chose a camera angle.

D) In the scene tab, I enabled the filter for Toon III Pro.

E)  In the render tab, I added a depth pass.  (I also added a background pass and a diffuse pass, but did not use them in this example).

C) After rendering, I used an image editor to invert the depth pass.

D) Now armed with the toon render and the inverted depth pass, I started Stable Diffusion and chose a model comfortable with non-photorealistic projects.  I used a very simple positive prompt.  "high quality, landscape illustration, A tower on top of a hill with trees on side, background mountains moonlight behind the tower, mood is eerie, in the style of pulp cover art."  Negative prompt merely used "low quality."

E) I enabled 2 Controlnet processors.  First, I enabled 'canny.'  I loaded the Toon render and lowered the Control Weight.  I clicked the orange icon to run the canny processor and it generated an outline image from the toon render I loaded.  It is possible to edit the result, or to upload your own mask, but I left the canny alone in this case.

F) The second Controlnet process was Depth.  My inverted Depth image is the one I want.  So, I enabled the second controlnet channel, chose depth, and uploaded my inverted image.  However, I did not click the orange processor icon.  Instead, I enabled upload own mask and chose my inverted map again.  I set the processing model to 'none.'  I lowered the control weight.

g) I set the height and width of the Stable Diffusion area to match my renders.  (768 wide by 512 high).  increased the batch to 4 and the sampling steps to 35.

h) I clicked generate.  Kapow - some images appear.

Here are examples of two results.  Recall that my prompts include an illustrated look of a pulp book cover with an eerie mood.

Ravenhart Divinity Oracle Upscaled 2.png
    1536 x 1016 - 1M
    Ravenhart Divinity Oracle Upscaled.png
    1536 x 1016 - 1M
    edited March 7

Here are the elements to the workflow described above.

Carrara scene setup.

Stable Diffusion main area and written text prompts.

Controlnet Canny Settings

Controlnet Depth settings.  Recall that I inverted the depth pass, and loaded my own mask, and notice that the processor is set to 'none.'

Scene Setup Carrara.png
    1910 x 975 - 546K
    Scene Setup Stable Diffusion Canny.png
    916 x 891 - 177K
    Scene Setup Stable Diffusion Depth.png
    923 x 874 - 125K
    Scene Setup Stable Diffusion Prompts.png
    1900 x 960 - 511K

Here is another Carrara to Stable Diffusion example.  This time going for a vintage pulp cover.  Final image on left.  Used Carrara's native filter Toon III Pro to make detect the outlines easier, and used the depth multipass.  In this case, did not use the main render (beauty pass) for anything.  

Side by Side Pulp Castaways.png
    1024 x 768 - 719K

Interesting results !!!

edited March 25

A Canadian Western Themed Image

Warning - Created combining Carrara Toon III Pro filter renders and Carrara multipass renders in Artificicial Intelligence Processor.

I will be posting a series of Carrara and other screen shots for this workflow.  Frankly, this one took more steps and more time than might be worth, but presumably learning and experience would speed things up.  I think the final result is not bad.  Going for a western pulp illustration look.  A featured content item was the Royal Canadian Mounted Police uniform from the old Content Paradise site.

Carrara arrangement and preprocessing outlines and depth -> Stable Diffusion / Controlnet / Latent Couple processing and first draft -> Composite preferred elements -> Stable Diffusion upscale and reprocess in image2image

Canadian Mountie Duty.png
    1536 x 1024 - 2M