3D Anaglyphs (Red/Blue Glasses)

13»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,342

ramon73 said:

barbult said:

Horo, I have created a new color anaglyph image where I have made sure the intersection with the border is at the screen depth. How does it look to you?

This is a very good anyglyph image! I am trying to create anaglyphs myself using this free software (https://anaglyph-maker.en.softonic.com/), but I am not getting the depth at all with my renders. When I move my head sideways then I do see movement in the image, but almost no depth at all. What does the camera offset need to be to get a good stereo perspective?.

The distance between left and right cameras should be similar to the distance between the eyes in your head. So, about 66 millimeters or something in that range. If you are using the Daz Studio Lens Stereo Offset (mm), I usually render once with a value of 33 and a second time with a value of -33, to get my two images. With this technique, you need to have DOF ON and have the camera focused on the subject. You can use a large F/Stop value if you don't want part of the image out of focus. Another way to make the two images is to parent two cameras to a null and offset one camera to the left and one to the right in the Parameters pane X Translate. X Translate is in centimeters, not millimeters, so adjust accordingly. Use something like 3.25 and -3.25.

I use StereoPhoto Maker to create the anaglyphs.