Problems with Cathy Hair [Solved]

2»

Comments

• Terrific fix OOT:)

Oh! and Allenart I literally lol'd at the profile pic. That's hella sexy! Also, thanks for all those freebies you have posted. Great stuff:)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

LOL...you're welcome ;)

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

thank you, OOT! 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Thank you very much OOT.

Love your hair products!

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Such lovely hair... I really need to get it.  So hard to find a long hair style that will show off earrings.

• :) You're welcome! Glad this works for you.

• MaloneXIMaloneXI Posts: 145

Hi all ! 

I had the same problem, and so thank you for the solution. But I still have someothing I don't understand. Look the Attched file. 

I put the Apply first function , and , of course , the transparency has been applied. But Now I have a kind of ...I don't know how to name it... But it appears only while rendering. 

Anyone has an idea ? 

Thanx a lot :) 

test.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2017

Sort of a preliminary question. Do I need to install that other morph extension zip for elf ears, or has that already been included with what I'm about to get threw DIM?

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited January 2017

, , Am I the only one around with this hair that is looking for those elusive dial? It was sort of an open question I thought? loose strands on the forehead dials, where are they?

Also, any one else try this hair with elf ears, with better success then me?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited January 2017

Here:

EDIT: the readme says "2017-01-13 - Updated Iray Blending materials for Daz Studio 4.9.3 compatibility.", nothing about the strand dials.

cathy_hair_hide_strands.jpg
    301 x 367 - 25K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited January 2017

OK, thanks. Big help knowing the name of the dials I was looking for, So the zip is needed (and won't cause Duplicate Formula errors being there).

There is still one strand that is a tad close for comfort, yet not actually going threw the ear.

Looks like both the front strands and side strands dials are needed for some things. The front strands do wrap around to the side a tad.

There was more about the elf ears thing, tho I need some coffee and to wake up some.

Thanks.

20170116_G3F1W_cathHair_EarCloseup_01001.png
    900 x 600 - 629K
    20170116_G3F1W_cathHair_01001_Render 1.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 1M
    20170116_G3F1W_cathHair_01002_Render 2.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 1M
    CathHairWithFwsaVanessaEars01_001.png
    640 x 480 - 121K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

I would pop a deformer on it and set it up so it only effected that tiny section of hair and pull it out of the way.

• Hello

I have problem with the hair color bleding, I cant use this function.

What I do:
    - I add the hair
    - Add the first apply this material
    - Add the base color material
    - Add the green On button material
    - Add the one Strenght
    - Add the one Style
    - Add Blend color material

The problem is, that nothing changing.... The hair is still with only one base color, and no color blenging...

What do I wrong?

• I don't see a response to the below post, and I'm having the same issue - everything works but the hair blending. Is there a particular order the materials should be applied (other than the obvious "Apply First hair base material")? Thanks. 

Hello

I have problem with the hair color bleding, I cant use this function.

What I do:
    - I add the hair
    - Add the first apply this material
    - Add the base color material
    - Add the green On button material
    - Add the one Strenght
    - Add the one Style
    - Add Blend color material

The problem is, that nothing changing.... The hair is still with only one base color, and no color blenging...

What do I wrong?

Can't make it work either. Hairblending presets work fine though.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,455

Depending on how it is made some hair won't work on Genesis 8 or V8 because of the bones if present

frank0314 said:

Depending on how it is made some hair won't work on Genesis 8 or V8 because of the bones if present

Well that shouldn't affect the textures? I any case I tested this one on G3F.

• For anyone having trouble getting the hair blending to work (with G3), I dinked around with it and found the order the materials need to be applied to work (for me, at least). Load the hair, Apply First! hair base material, double-click the green ON material. Now here's where the problem (for me) occurred: I chose the base color next, when I needed to choose an Alpha and Style first. After that is applied, then I could choose my base color and blending color.

For anyone having trouble getting the hair blending to work (with G3), I dinked around with it and found the order the materials need to be applied to work (for me, at least). Load the hair, Apply First! hair base material, double-click the green ON material. Now here's where the problem (for me) occurred: I chose the base color next, when I needed to choose an Alpha and Style first. After that is applied, then I could choose my base color and blending color.

An Alpha? Where do you find that, whatever it is? All I see is Strength and Style Icons.

• When you view Cathy Hair in the Smart Content tab, under Products you should have Hair, Materials, and Shaping. Under Materials, Iray, Hair, you should see Hair Base Colors, Hair Blending Alphas and Styles, Hair Blending Colors, and Settings. 

Taoz said:

An Alpha? Where do you find that, whatever it is? All I see is Strength and Style Icons.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

@Taoz

The Style icons are the Alphas.

OK, then I already tried that yesterday without succes. Or apparently - it appears that it's working allright, contrary to with the Base and Preset textures I just can't see any changes in Texture Shaded preview when I apply the Blends. But when I shift to Iray Preview I can see the changes clearly.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,964
    I believe that is expected, that you will see the difference in the blending effects only in iray (so iray preview or renders). That was what I had seen in other hairs anyway.
    I believe that is expected, that you will see the difference in the blending effects only in iray (so iray preview or renders). That was what I had seen in other hairs anyway.

OK, must be a different technology used here than if you apply different textures to different parts of a hair manually.