Suggest A Software For My Problem

juzduitjuzduit Posts: 33

Hey guys,

This may be a rather absurd question but here goes.
My objective is to take a fabric (taken by photograph) and "drape" it into a model so I can view how the fabric looks on the model without stitching the garment. 

So there are many techniques used in the industry , and it depends on their usage. Optitex calls this Virtual Prototyping , MD does it for making clothes for Games , etc.

However, since i sell these fabrics,  my objective is to apply many of my designs to the same model / pose so i can see how various fabrics look like - somewhat like texture mapping , like the image below: 

However, most of my fabrics have a minimum of 2 layers, and they are lace fabrics which means they have a transparency. My questions is, is there any 3D Texture mapping / Draping tool that allows me to texture map and work in layers . I'm trying to texture map with the look below,  using my own fabrics

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ! 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• I don't know if the recently launched VWD Cloth and Hair plugin could work for you. It only drapes one layer at a time. But it has similar MD style dynamic pulling pushing in realtime ability. 

Check out the discussion here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1540001/#Comment_1540001 ;

• I would suggest you look at Marvelous Designer   http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/product/overview

• OP already checked out MD...

• Moved to Technical Discussions as it's a question, not a product suggestion.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited September 2016

What you are doing is changing textures not changing fabric models. If you learn how to use DAZ Studio Surfaces properly and choose and size the textures you are using GIMP or Photoshop beforehand then when applying correctly in DAZ Studio Surfaces you can do that.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • If I'm understanding what you are trying to do, this can be done inside DS.  Are you using 3Delight or Iray?  I'm not sure if it can be done in 3Delight, but it is relatively easy to do what you are suggesting in Iray with the Surface Editor and/or in combination with L.I.E.  You can do this with transperant fabrics quite easily.  A good place to start would be Texturing with DestinysGarden.

•  

Hi guys,

Sorry it took me a while to reply.
    What i am trying to do is digital draping (aka Texture mapping) . However since the main fabric (lace) is transparent) I have trouble finding a "solution" / software that can read both my lace fabric and the base fabric (below the lace)

DAZ3D works with surfaces and the surface editor. The biggest issue however , is the sense of realism.

Digital draping softwares like Textronics (www.textronic.com) and SmartDesigner (http://okmodern.wixsite.com/smartdesigner/products) is that texture mapping applies only to the clothing . I can use real models and real backdrops , only the clothing is 3D generated. 

With DAZ3D i would have to rely on the entire model, backdrop and the clothing to be 3D generated , and acheiving photorealism in DAZ3D is something possible, yet , nothing beats the real thing ! 

If I'm understanding what you are trying to do, this can be done inside DS.  Are you using 3Delight or Iray?  I'm not sure if it can be done in 3Delight, but it is relatively easy to do what you are suggesting in Iray with the Surface Editor and/or in combination with L.I.E.  You can do this with transperant fabrics quite easily.  A good place to start would be Texturing with DestinysGarden.

What you are doing is changing textures not changing fabric models. If you learn how to use DAZ Studio Surfaces properly and choose and size the textures you are using GIMP or Photoshop beforehand then when applying correctly in DAZ Studio Surfaces you can do that.

I would suggest you look at Marvelous Designer   http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/product/overview