iREAL Animated Ocean Water System (commercial)

124»

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited January 2017

And how did you make the ball move in your promo? Can you kindly do a tutorial on that if you can? :)

You can try adding a ridgit follow node to the surface, and parent the moving object to it. There's a "Howto" in this thread, post 7 on the first page: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115736/ireal-animated-ocean-water-system#latest

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Hi I hope you can also make moving clouds, snow, dust, etc. that would be cool! :)

Already in the works... though, since I am OCD about polishing a product before release, I can't say when they'll be ready...

• We'll wait.  Gives us more time to save up money to buy them... :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Just letting you know that I have recently bought this - I know, late to the party, it has been on my wish list for ages but I didn't have AniMate2 either until recently - anyway, my point is that I have now got it working in Carrara!  It took half a day of fiddling around with formats etc and I needed to set up the 120 morph dials manually (!), but I only needed to do this once, as I then saved an "Ocean Cycle" as a Carrara NLA Clip and this worked with the other ocean imports.  I still need to refine the textures for Carrara but the difficult work is done.  I have been in awe of the realism of the waves - now I can actually use it and in my preferred program too!

• PhilW said:

Just letting you know that I have recently bought this - I know, late to the party, it has been on my wish list for ages but I didn't have AniMate2 either until recently - anyway, my point is that I have now got it working in Carrara!  It took half a day of fiddling around with formats etc and I needed to set up the 120 morph dials manually (!), but I only needed to do this once, as I then saved an "Ocean Cycle" as a Carrara NLA Clip and this worked with the other ocean imports.  I still need to refine the textures for Carrara but the difficult work is done.  I have been in awe of the realism of the waves - now I can actually use it and in my preferred program too!

Awesome Phil, glad you got it to work in Carrara. You'll have to post your animations once you have time to fiddle with it. I'd be curious to see how it renders out in the sister software.

-P

edited March 2017

One of the benefits of using it in Carrara is you can use a grid replicator so just one actual model can be replicated any number of times on a 10m grid, potentially producing huge oceans, you just enter the horizontal and vertical numbers for the size of the grid.  I am loving some of the effects I am getting from Carrara's native shader and your textures, and I have Octane too so that should be fun (it also supports the replication!). With the combination of water and floor, it is easy to produce some jewel-like water textures (just one example below).

I have started a thread in the Carrara forum too on how to import it:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/155196/ireal-animated-ocean-water-system-in-carrara

I hope this brings you more sales - the more I am getting into it, the more I am loving it!

iREAL Jewelled Sea.jpg
    640 x 480 - 42K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited March 2017

Thanks Phil, I really appreciate it. Interesting point about the replicator. Does that add to any overhead/computer resources (in other words, can you replicate 1,000 tiles and not have any slow-down in the viewport?). If so, then Cararra would be ideal for using this product.

I know Daz has an instancing feature. But from what I understand, each instance still consumes resources. 

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Thanks Phil, I really appreciate it. Interesting point about the replicator. Does that add to any overhead/computer resources (in other words, can you replicate 1,000 tiles and not have any slow-down in the viewport?). If so, then Cararra would be ideal for using this product.

I know Daz has an instancing feature. But from what I understand, each instance still consumes resources. 

-P

There is a very small memory overhead I believe but nothing like as much as having extra meshes. You can set the preview mode for the replicator, from full mesh to bounding box, right to making it invisible until render time, so that you can fine tune things for the viewport responsiveness.  So yes, I would say that Carrara handles it better in that respect than DS.

Here is an example video now that I have set up the textures as well - all rendered natively in Carrara. I am impressed with this product.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Really cool video!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited March 2017
    PhilW said:

Here is an example video now that I have set up the textures as well - all rendered natively in Carrara. I am impressed with this product.

Dude that was seriously awesome. :)

Here is my iRAY iteration animated test I did using the iREAL water system. I did this in 8 scene using daz studio  the first scene was 35 iteration the last scene was 3500 iteration. it really help me learn alot about ajusting Iray for animation using daz.  its a shame that carrera support has not continued  i might have bought when it was on sale

Post edited by Ivy on
  • PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited March 2017

Nice work, its looking really good Phil. I'm glad you were able to convert it over to Cararra users to help bridge the gap between the two apps. 

The more the merrier,

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

ThePhilosopher - would you object if I posted my Carrara shaders in the other thread (the Carrara forum one)?  They will refer out to your textures and so could not be used without having purchased your set, so they wouldn't infringe your copyright.

Ivy - I like the general concept of what you did, but the water seems to animate much slower than it should.  I am guessing that you have stretched the animations rather than looping them?

• PhilW said:

ThePhilosopher - would you object if I posted my Carrara shaders in the other thread (the Carrara forum one)?  They will refer out to your textures and so could not be used without having purchased your set, so they wouldn't infringe your copyright.

Phil,

Sure, I don't see a problem with that. Thanks for checking,

-P 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited March 2017
    PhilW said:

Ivy - I like the general concept of what you did, but the water seems to animate much slower than it should.  I am guessing that you have stretched the animations rather than looping them?

Actually what I did was after the film was composted from PNG into an AVI which was running at 30kfps  I slowed donw the film in my film eidtor to 70% to slow motion. . I did this because I was doing a Iteration test for animation and slowing down the scene allowed better view of the render results rather than the importance of the how fast the scene were actually running.

Edit: I want to add Phil I really like the stuff you been doing with carrara

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2017
    Ivy said:
    PhilW said:

Actually what I did was after the film was composted from PNG into an AVI which was running at 30kfps  I slowed donw the film in my film eidtor to 70% to slow motion. . I did this because I was doing a Iteration test for animation and slowing down the scene allowed better view of the render results rather than the importance of the how fast the scene were actually running.

Edit: I want to add Phil I really like the stuff you been doing with carrara

Thanks - very kind! laugh

Post edited by PhilW on