Aging Morphs 3 Render Competition - Ends 30st September 2016

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Second Childhood

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited September 2016

Title:  The Grey Sharks Go For The Gold!

So what if they hadn't even qualified in their last five shots at the All-State Seniors Synchronized Swimming Competition?  With their spectacular new "Three Fountains" grand finale, the Sharks were sure that this year the Gold would be theirs!   

This was one of the first ideas I had for this contest.  It took a while for everything to finally come together, but for once the graininess of Iray was an asset, really helping to capture that high speed film look us old-schoolers still associate with sports photography.  

The Grey Sharks Go For The Gold.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    edited September 2016

Title: Loss
    (used the growing up morph for this one and vascularity)

jeremyd_AgeMorph2_web.png
    1797 x 1271 - 2M
    Post edited by JeremyD on
  • Title: Old Stoner Closeup

Old Stoner Closeup.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    Ostadan said:

The Family.

Featuring that "Lovable old fraud", Uncle Marvel.  "Tut Tut, my dear! Everybody has an unknown uncle, from California!"

Where did you GET those outfits?

Well, let's see… everyone's outfits are basically the recent Genesis 3 Super Bodysuits; the Captain and Uncle are textured from "Super Bodysuit Superhero Textures", with the map edited to remove the shield from the red suit (the lighning bolt is an Iray decal in all cases).  The guys' boots are from "Fantasy Friar Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)" retextured with a yellow/leather cobbled out of ghod remembers what.  Their sashes are from "Fantasy Prince for Genesis 3 Male" and their bracers are from "Dark Whisper for Genesis 3 Male(s)".  Junior's suit is the red suit, recolored in Gimp.  Mary's boots  are also from the Super Bodysuit, her skirt from the bodysuit "addon pack".  I copied the red texture from the guys.  Her sash took some digging: it's from Victoria 4's good old 'Courageous' outfit!

I cannot recall where I got the cape - I think it is terrymcg's from sharecg.  It was easier to parent it to the figures; it has plenty of movement morphs of its own.  Of course, retextured for Iray.

This is what they call 'kitbashing', huh?

• NathNath Posts: 2,728

Eledhwen

Rune 7
    Aging Morphs
    MrsGrimmWitch Dress and Hood
    Ancient Tree
    The Steppes

Render inspired by the passage in the Silmarillion where Húrin and Morwen Eledhwen find each other again.

"Grey she was and old, but suddenly her eyes looked into his, and he knew her; for though they were wild and full of fear, that light still gleamed in them that long ago had earned for her the name Eledhwen, proudest and most beautiful of mortal women in the days of old."

eledhwen.png
    829 x 1056 - 1M
  • Last one from me. Good luck everyone.

Title: Homeland Security

Homeland Security.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • StalestStalest Posts: 837
    edited September 2016

The Last Human

TheLastHuman.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 703K
    Post edited by Stalest on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited September 2016

Title: She Always Drinks Alone

SheDrinksAlone.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 152K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,318

Title Farmer Bill

Farmer-Bill.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 500K
  • "Reflection"

reflection.jpg
    1299 x 1000 - 1M
  • I am loving watching this contest. It is nice to see more realistic old peeps!!!!

• Hi Zevo,

Just wanted to say how much I love your aging morphs! Maybe because I'm a bit older myself. :) Had every intention of entering your contest and have several works in progress. But sometimes life trips you up ... last Friday night I slipped and fell and fractured my ankle in 5 places. Been in and out of hospital all week. Needs major surgery and I'm booked into the hospital (again) on Monday for an extended stay. Anyway no time to finish off the WIPs. But some great entries here and I'm sure a few more to come.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited October 2016

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I cannot extend the deadline for anybody. If I do for one, others might ask as well causing a spiral effect etc. Hope you understand and I hope you get better.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I cannot extend the deadline for anybody. If I do for one, others might ask as well causing a spiral effect etc. Hope you understand and I hope you get better.

Oh I wasn't asking you to! Just letting you know that I would have entered if I could.

edited October 2016

Title - BEACH PARTY BLOWOUT!

The Aging Morph contest is over and to celebrate the gang has gone to the DAZneyland resort!  Yep, almost every character from my previous entry renders in this thread is in this shot, though two are hiding REALLY well in the DAZ building in back.  :)   

Congrats to Zev0 for running a fantastic contest and to everyone who entered.  There are some truly amazing images here and if DAZ had any common sense, they'd make this thread a sticky so they could point to it whenever people start yabbering about DS being only used for shots of half clad girls with swords.  Y'all done Zev right proud.       

beach party blowout.jpg
    1800 x 959 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992
    edited October 2016

Lost My Way

He was an ace when it came to orientation... until that one day when he found himself unable to find the way home...

EDIT: Reuploaded to fix the size of the signature. Original upload can be found: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/f5/dbacd6600c5038314b941dac6e157f.jpg

lostcontest.jpg
    2080 x 2600 - 892K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
    Comp closed and judging has begun. A huge thanks to all who entered, and goodluck.
  • Out of curiousity, when will the results be announced?  Also, great job everyone ... I enjoyed the variety of approaches, ideas, and concepts.

Before this week is over.

Zev0 said:

Before this week is over.

I don't know how you could get it down to just five without resorting to some coin flips.     image 

Results will be up today. There were plenty of coin flips lol.

edited October 2016

Here are your winners. I added two extra Honorable Mention slots (same prizes as listed honorable mentions) because I liked those renders as well. Please pm me with your product requests. Winners please consult opening post in thread for what prizes you qualify for and they will be given as soon as possible. Thank you all.

winners.jpg
    2000 x 1460 - 2M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

Congrats to all winners, and thank you to Zev0 for runnin this contest! smileyheart

• Congratulations to the winners! Wonderful images that tell stories.

We shoud have a not so young/mature/older people render thread don't you think? Life doesn't stop at 40!

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    Congratulations to the winners! Many great images here.
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Well done, winners! It's been great to see so many characters whose faces don't look like the blank pages from an unwritten book :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,170

Congratulations to the winners and HMs - well done! I've loved seeing all the entries, so thanks to Zev0 for running this competition.

• NathNath Posts: 2,728

Congratulations to the winners!

• SPACECHIMPSPACECHIMP Posts: 212
    edited October 2016

OMG! I won a prize,Thanks so much zevo this was a fantastic contest, such a great idea,I loved working with more mature faces really appreciate you choosing my entry,some of my favourites here.The winner is amazing ,very cool Thanks!!Congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions.

Post edited by SPACECHIMP on