WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL JUNE FREEBIE CHALLENGE!

Comments

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited June 2012

Been experimenting with different different freebies I've found on the web. Too many paid items so this is a NAE plus this was just experimenting (using different texture on the pants).

http://www.sharecg.com/v/61927/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Trousers
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/35198/Texture/

Jeans.jpg
    1222 x 1200 - 88K
    Post edited by ZamuelNow on
  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    OK FOLKS...I AM NOW CALLING FOR THE THREE ENTRIES IN THE "BAG THE HAG" MINI CONTEST TO UNBAG THEIR HAGGIES. REMEMBER TO POST YOUR EXACT RENDER AGAIN WITHOUT THE BAG THIS TIME!

I was hoping to get more entries this year, but I guess folks are too busy...kinda like me! I am just glad we have many entries in the main contest. I want to thank each one of you for entering the mini contest. It looks like we are all gonna have to hold our monitors down to keep them from exploding....lol.

SO....POST AWAY!

**covers eyes and runs into Celebi's closet and hides!**

:shut:

Here goes.. enjoy :coolsmile:
    HagInABagGS2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 112K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    My first entry to the contest proper, a "Summer Fun" entry:

Title: Jubilee Party

Somehow stopped getting notices for this thread. Very cute render!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 1969

Here's mine - with a closeup, since the forum size restrictions don't allow much detail...same pose, just with the camera zoomed in.

Hag-Bag-Contest-01e-Closeup.jpg
    600 x 800 - 298K
    Hag-Bag-Contest-01e.jpg
    600 x 800 - 299K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

OH BTW, forum sizing restrictions are mostly lifted now. Auto resizing is sort of working. It's not perfect, but we are getting there.

a NAE to show you what I mean. Right click View Image to see full size

moonlight_fairy_keep_cool_2_PW.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 432K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    OH BTW, forum sizing restrictions are mostly lifted now. Auto resizing is sort of working. It's not perfect, but we are getting there.

Oh, nice. *scrolls up and adjusts image*

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OOm Fooyat ... this is one hag..

Melanie... great job.. she looks like a goblin ... will give me nightmares for sure ;)

music I also have a question.. If I am to make an entry, and it is using free render engine, would it be fair to take advantige of the more advanced shaders, to make it look better, or should I stick to the basic diffuse/glossines/bump without anything extra??

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    Haggo Unbaggoed

OMG! :bug: :ohh: :grrr:

Dana

edited December 1969

Owww! My eyes! Is that a five o'clock shadow? :bug: :gulp: :sick:

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

It's hard to tell when the clock's stopped.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Here's mine - with a closeup, since the forum size restrictions don't allow much detail...same pose, just with the camera zoomed in.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Did you have to show a close-up? Good thing I'm a touch typist! :bug: :ahhh: :sick:

I don't know which one is the worst!
    Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

:lol:

Dana

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

PRETTY SURE I'M GONNA PUKE!

Fair warning!

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:

Melanie... great job.. she looks like a goblin ... will give me nightmares for sure ;)

music I also have a question.. If I am to make an entry, and it is using free render engine, would it be fair to take advantige of the more advanced shaders, to make it look better, or should I stick to the basic diffuse/glossines/bump without anything extra??

Thanks! I had planed to add a little more detail to the hag but other projects were more fun.

You can do a lot with Shader Mixer too if you want to, so I don't hold back on the shaders. Engines like Cycles and LUX render can do postwork effects directly in the render, I stay away from that.
    Repost of a February entry I did, there are a little more then diffuse gloss and bump in going on in the shaders, I had so much fun making it.

Cheers! Oom

ooo.jpg
    800 x 600 - 280K
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    Haggo Unbaggoed

How in world did I missed this this post I have no clue ( I bet it was my subconcience ( or however you spell it) telling me it is dangerous to look) What an hag...

Thanks! I had planed to add a little more detail to the hag but other projects were more fun.

You can do a lot with Shader Mixer too if you want to, so I don't hold back on the shaders. Engines like Cycles and LUX render can do postwork effects directly in the render, I stay away from that.
    Repost of a February entry I did, there are a little more then diffuse gloss and bump in going on in the shaders, I had so much fun making it.

Cheers! Oom

Thank you ... :)

Well shader mixer is still a mystery to me, but I ma having a lot of fun with making shaders in cycles ( it took me few hours to figure out how to use nodes, and being a poser user had to make them from scrach, firstly figuring out where to plug textures, but now, it's only fun,. fun, fun :)) I developed nice skin shader, using some tutorials plus my own experiments :)

As you can see yet have to learn a lot, but I ma getting there slowly ( I think)

This is NAE, to show off the cycles ;)

cyclestext.jpg
    800 x 800 - 80K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Hmmmm....not sure what this means. I right clicked it, I saw no view image. Can you explain?

:smirk:

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

You can use the shaders if you like. If you want to claim them as freebies, you must provide a working link. If you don't want to claim them as freebie counts, just use them and don't list them. That's how it works.

:-)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

These haggies could stop a train!...lol.

:shut:

edited June 2012

ok...if we have all gotten our sences back, after such a display of hagginess, now we will vote for a winner.

to vote, just post your favorite haggie. Pick one, but remember, DO NOT TOUCH! It could cause widespread panic.

in a few days, I will tally up the count, to choose a wiener....ermmm...that's winner.

EXAMPLE: "Dat Dleelaw's haggie's one uuuugggggglllllyyyyy lady. Even da real men gotta run from dis fish"!

:sick:

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

HEHEHE....How's about a few real life "celebrity" haggies just for fun...

:-S

HaggiesRevealed2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 185K
    HaggiesRevealed.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 202K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    chohole said:

Hmmmm....not sure what this means. I right clicked it, I saw no view image. Can you explain?

:smirk:

Well that's what I do in Firefox

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    HEHEHE....How's about a few real life "celebrity" haggies just for fun...

:-S

I just spit my drink on my monitor. ROFL!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sorry, Music, looks like the Show Image option is disabled in IE9. You could right-click and Save Image, but that's a little less convenient.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

oh great now I'm blind :coolmad:

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Been experimenting with different different freebies I've found on the web. Too many paid items so this is a NAE plus this was just experimenting (using different texture on the pants).

http://www.sharecg.com/v/61927/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Trousers
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/35198/Texture/

now that's a six pack Zamuel

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

glad I saw your post first Z... now I can't see anything after all the ugly popped up in the forum, I'll have to come back later to vote when I can see again to make my decision

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

I have to vote for Melanie - Her Hag reminds me of someone I met many years ago in my youth.

You know the one that appears the morning after.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    I have to vote for Melanie - Her Hag reminds me of someone I met many years ago in my youth.

You know the one that appears the morning after.

Me too I vote for Melanie

edited December 1969

Well, I going to vote for Oom's. That 5 o'clock shadow...eeew. But I think I have to vote for Melanie's also. Especially after that close-up! :ahhh:

Dana

edited December 1969

Music! Liv Tyler is a lot prettier than that! And that hair is better than The Donald's hair! The Roseanne one isn't that far off, though.

Dana