Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,101
    Atanacius said:
    Ati said:

The coupon filters just create the links that you would use normally anyway when typing it in manually. If you type in the filtered url manually, you get the same errors. That's not something we do, that's present in the Daz site--but don't worry about it, it doesn't affect the working of the site.

If the coupon filters do not seem to do anything, then that's due to a caching issue in the browser. To get it to work, click on the filter (you'll see the url change in the url bar), and hit the browser's reload button. That will load the actual filtered list, and not use a cached version of the page--just as if you were to type in the url manually.

Hello @Ati, I think you haven't see/read well that is produce a javascript error, nothing than a caching reload can fix...

Oh, it won't fix it. The javascript error is on Daz's side, there's nothing we can do to fix that. But it's not even important, as it doesn't affect anything, so you can safely ignore it.

The reload will make the coupon filters show the actual filtered page.

• AtanaciusAtanacius Posts: 333
    Ati said:
    Atanacius said:
    Ati said:

The coupon filters just create the links that you would use normally anyway when typing it in manually. If you type in the filtered url manually, you get the same errors. That's not something we do, that's present in the Daz site--but don't worry about it, it doesn't affect the working of the site.

If the coupon filters do not seem to do anything, then that's due to a caching issue in the browser. To get it to work, click on the filter (you'll see the url change in the url bar), and hit the browser's reload button. That will load the actual filtered list, and not use a cached version of the page--just as if you were to type in the url manually.

Hello @Ati, I think you haven't see/read well that is produce a javascript error, nothing than a caching reload can fix...

Oh, it won't fix it. The javascript error is on Daz's side, there's nothing we can do to fix that. But it's not even important, as it doesn't affect anything, so you can safely ignore it.

The reload will make the coupon filters show the actual filtered page.

No filtering when page reload (even with CTRL+F5)...
    I insist: filters does not work today...

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 567
    Atanacius said:
    Ati said:

Those errors are in Daz store code, not our code. Say, there's nothing we can do to fix that directly. @Ati mentioned caching because sometimes the store JS is broken and then cached so getting the fix can take a bit. Try the refresh thing @Ati mentioned. Hopefully that is a with around until the store code bug is fixed.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

May have been asked before, but I noticd the nose-hair product "CC Hole Hair for Genesis 8 Male" owning the top 21 spot for a while now?  Maybe a customizable exclude/ignore items list?  :)

edited August 2018
    3dOutlaw said:

May have been asked before, but I noticd the nose-hair product "CC Hole Hair for Genesis 8 Male" owning the top 21 spot for a while now?  Maybe a customizable exclude/ignore items list?  :)

That's already a feature. :) If you hide it, it will not be listed for you anymore.

To hide items, enable the "Hide items" option in the addon's options page. Once this is enabled, visit the item you want to hide, and click the big blue "Hide this product from listings" button right below the image thumbnails.

After this syncs with our servers (either you have automatic sync enabled, or you sync manually), the item will not be listed in the top21 products, the best prices listings, etc. (nor the store itself).

Post edited by Ati on

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,126
    3dOutlaw said:

Didn't you get that when it was free?  I would think it wouldn't show up if you're logged into the store if you already have it.  I haven't used this Top 21 feature, so maybe I'm wrong about this.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Didn't you get that when it was free?  I would think it wouldn't show up if you're logged into the store if you already have it.  I haven't used this Top 21 feature, so maybe I'm wrong about this.

Owned items are also excluded from the lists.

Basically, the top21 list, all the best prices, all the wishlist notifications, etc. are unique to everyone, taking into account what you already have, what you don't want, and what is on your wishlist (for wishlist notifications).

DanaTA said:

Dana

No, I don't pick up free things, if I know I would never use them...and this is one of those items.

• jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 119

I love this extension and look forward to the wishlist emails every day! So muchos, muchos gracias!

I'd like to make a suggestion, if I could. When I set a price notification for an item, I get an email when the item hits the notification threshold.

The email says something like: "This was a one-time notification you set..." And then it disables the notification (or at least, this is my understanding of how it works.)

I would be great if there was a link in the email to reset the notification to its previous amount.

I have a ton of things wishlisted, and I've spent a bit of time going through and setting notifications. I'm not always in a position to go on the website and re-set the notifications on things when I get the email. And often, the emails get lost / buried as more stuff comes in, so I don't always get back to them.

But If I could click a link in the email itself to reset the notification, I wouldn't need to continually go back through my list and reset the notifications on all the things I'm still interested in.

Anyway, thanks again for an awesome tool that has improved my enjoyment of DAZ Studio immensely!

I'd like to make a suggestion, if I could. When I set a price notification for an item, I get an email when the item hits the notification threshold.

The email says something like: "This was a one-time notification you set..." And then it disables the notification (or at least, this is my understanding of how it works.)

Yes, that's how it works.

I would be great if there was a link in the email to reset the notification to its previous amount.​

That's a pretty good idea! Thank you for this suggestion, I will put it on my todo list. This should be one of the easiest on that list, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for it to arrive. :)

We're experiencing technical difficulties. I just got power back at my home, investigating.

Everything should be working fine now. Let me know if you experience any issues--and if I have electricity, I'll take a look. :)

• NNAPNNAP Posts: 35

I have found a bug in version 2.3.0 for Chrome. The "Get Email Notifications" and "Sync Wishlist" buttons on the My Wishlist page do not appear when the gallery notifications option is enabled. I've determined this to be caused by a JavaScript error (wishlist-update.js). See screenshots:

Current Chrome version: 68.0.3440.106

ddbug_a.png
    1901 x 896 - 127K
    ddbug_b.png
    1902 x 911 - 122K

I would be great if there was a link in the email to reset the notification to its previous amount.​

This wish already came true! :)

At the bottom of the individual notifications, you'll find two links from now on.

The first link will set the notification up again. Same product, same notification price. Starting immediately. This is useful when you've missed the sale, and want to set it up again for later. 

The second link will set up the notification again, too, but will snooze it for two days. What's the point of this? Well, the sale may still be going on, but you don't want to buy the product now. If you used the first option, then you would immediately get notified again, and the notification would again be deleted. This link is useful if you want to avoid this. You still want to be notified about this product later, but not during the current flash/blink sale. Setting it back up with this link will only trigger the notification in two days the earliest. (Once you do this, you can override it by setting up the notification manually, or by clicking the first link.)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,865

I thought the add to wishlist worked in the main gallery before? I have the checkmarked Add Wishlish Buttons to Category Pages but not sure what is meant by category pages. 

edited August 2018
    Novica said:

I thought the add to wishlist worked in the main gallery before? I have the checkmarked Add Wishlish Buttons to Category Pages but not sure what is meant by category pages. 

It means the main shop, and all the subcategories, like https://www.daz3d.com/animals-and-creatures, and https://www.daz3d.com/animation-and-poses, as well as the vendor pages that are displayed in the same fashion, etc.

Post edited by Ati on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,462

There seems to be a problem with today's featured artists. When I view them altogether  and then do 'show wishlist items' I only see ones from David Brinnen/Forbidden Whispers and from 4Blueeyes even though I have a number of Wishlist items from Moonscape Graphics and from. Sade,.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,855

I am having an issue.  I did a store search for mermaids.  It shows items when I have hide items I already own, but when I select show only items I own it shows no items.

I am having an issue.  I did a store search for mermaids.  It shows items when I have hide items I already own, but when I select show only items I own it shows no items.

Do you own any of the items from the search result?

When I search for "mermaids," the "hide owned" option shows "73 of 89 items", which would leave 16 owned items. I check "show owned", and these 16 items show up as expected.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,462
    edited August 2018

Be sure hide items I own is not checked. If both 'hide items I own' and 'show only items I own' are both in effect, obviously ther ould be nothing left to show.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited September 2018

Any idea why discounts and prices in my wishlist in Chrome isn't consistent across devices and a PC? I've noticed over the past few weeks that if I check the wishlist on an Android tablet or phone there is a 30% discount on Daz Horse 2 Pro Bundle, but in the wishlist on my PC it is regular price. I logged out/in on all devices and in Chrome on my PC, but still not consistent.

Screenshot_20180902-064435.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 201K
    Post edited by Chohole on

We don't modify the displayed prices, they are what Daz displays. Are you a PC+ member? The Daz Horse is a Daz Original item, so it should have the default 30% off even if there are no other discounts.

One thing you can try is to delete all Daz related cookies on your PC and log back on again after this. Based on the cookies, the shop might not recognize you as a PC+ member. If this is the case, then deleting the cookies will solve this issue. (And is unrelated to the addon.)

Thanks @Ati! I blasted the blasted cookies, logged back in and the discounts are showing in Chrome on my PC. yes

Feature Request: It would be great if "Victoria 8" could be added to the list of Figures in the store. There are over 2,000 G8Fs, but all I want to see is which characters have been created for V8F. Thanks! smiley

FigureList.JPG
    281 x 826 - 51K
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

After reading that I could hide items and they would not show up in the emails for top 21 discounted - I took the time to hide the same items that repeatedly show up in the emails I receive.  Multiple days have passed since then, and they are still the same products that are displayed in the email.

I also received the fast grab change emails 3 times last night and early this morning - even though they were identifying the same products.

gitika1 said:

After reading that I could hide items and they would not show up in the emails for top 21 discounted - I took the time to hide the same items that repeatedly show up in the emails I receive.  Multiple days have passed since then, and they are still the same products that are displayed in the email.

Make sure that the "This is my main browser. Sync with notification server." checkbox is checked. When it is, make sure you sync is to the notification server. If you don't have automatic sync enabled, you need to manually sync the changes from your wishlist page.

gitika1 said:

I also received the fast grab change emails 3 times last night and early this morning - even though they were identifying the same products.

That's Daz pulling the item from Fastgrab, putting it back in, pulling it again, putting it back in, pulling it, putting it back in. That's how that notification is supposed to work when new items are added to the list. If they make a habit of doing this, then a time limit will be added to it, however, that will have additional side effects, so I'm rather hoping that this was just a one-time hickup and they'll be more firm in deciding if it's supposed to be in the fastgrab list or not. :D

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I did not have the main browser check box, checked.  I will see if that impacts my emails tomorrow.  Thank you.

edited September 2018
    gitika1 said:

I did not have the main browser check box, checked.  I will see if that impacts my emails tomorrow.  Thank you.

Make sure you sync the wishlist after checking that checkbox. Either manually from the wishlist page, or if you have automatic syncing enabled, then it's enough if your wishlist changes for any reason (you add to it, or buy something from it).

Post edited by Ati on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,855

Hmmm I had to reset my computer due to a touch screen problem.  I know this is for firefox and Chrome, but what about other browsers like Edge?  I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out if there is an Edge version.  (Not really, but it was a fun pun)

This discussion has been closed.