Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,101
    Lasciare said:

I thank you :) I didn't realize this was possible. Where can I find easily your affiliate link so I can click on it fast when I make a puchase?

It's not in the addon directly; you can do it by either clicking any of the links you get from our email notifications or by clicking the Daz ad on the page that's in my signature (first one).

dawnblade said:

Just following up on the request to add V8 to the store's list of figures. If it isn't doable on your side that's OK, just wondering about it. They have V5, M5, Stephanie 4, Elite (?) versions of M4 and V4. Can't imagine that some of these are popular figures, but what do I know? laugh

That list is generated by Daz. At the moment I can't think of a good way to add new categories to it. I leave this open, @Overdrawn may have a different perspective on this than I do.

• Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'Daz ad on the page that's in my signature (first one)'.

Lasciare said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'Daz ad on the page that's in my signature (first one)'.

http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ (You can find some other useful scripts there.) On the left side of the page, a few screens down, there's an ad for Daz with our affiliate link in it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,417
    Ati said:
    Lasciare said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'Daz ad on the page that's in my signature (first one)'.

http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ (You can find some other useful scripts there.) On the left side of the page, a few screens down, there's an ad for Daz with our affiliate link in it.

There is a link that says Daz Studio, but I don't see any image ad. Anyway, I think I'm good, because I always click through on your daily emails.

barbult said:
    Ati said:
    Lasciare said:

There is a link that says Daz Studio, but I don't see any image ad. Anyway, I think I'm good, because I always click through on your daily emails.

You may be using an adblocker. There's an image right above that text link--your browser may be blocking it. But the emails are the most convenient.

Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Ati said:
    Lasciare said:

You may be using an adblocker. There's an image right above that text link--your browser may be blocking it. But the emails are the most convenient.

Yes, I use an ad blocker.

• If I may allow myself to make another suggestion, it would be nice, regarding to bundles, to know how much we would save compare to the total price of items we don't own. For me, at least, this information is more important than the average price of each product.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,855

I have a suggestion. How about a way to show on the check out page if one already owns a particular product?  I somehow got logged off while adding stuff to my cart.  I only noticed something was off when a PC item was showing at full price.  Now I have to go through to see if I have any of these items and if so remove them from my cart.

dawnblade said:

Can you please fix the broken forum links in the following products, when you get a chance? Seems to be the same issue as before

Unbelievable. :D Thanks for the heads up. It IS the same issue. The fix I did the last time... The forum template was reverted back to the old one again, making the fix not work.

Okay, live data should all be good now, and I now handle both templates.

Maintaining all this data is slowly becoming a full-time job. :D

And while at it, I also added a new filter to the fastgrab notifications. Items that have been part of fastgrab within the last three days, and were taken out, and now put back in again (and again, and again), will not be included in the notifications from now on.

Please let me know if this is not how it actually works. :))))

• Just got a new computer at work, but instead of IE and Firefox I'm stuck with IE and Edge.  The first page of this says it doesn't have Edge yet, but that was 2 years ago.  Is it out yet?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,126

Just got a new computer at work, but instead of IE and Firefox I'm stuck with IE and Edge.  The first page of this says it doesn't have Edge yet, but that was 2 years ago.  Is it out yet?

I've been waiting for that news, too!

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,855

Just got a new computer at work, but instead of IE and Firefox I'm stuck with IE and Edge.  The first page of this says it doesn't have Edge yet, but that was 2 years ago.  Is it out yet?

Is there anyway you can do chrome?

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,212
    edited September 2018

The Find Products in Multiple Sales addon didn't work for me until I added an "s" after http in line 10. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I thought I'd share it.

find products in multiple sales

multiplesales.jpg
    996 x 716 - 200K
    Post edited by Kitsumo on
    Kitsumo said:

The Find Products in Multiple Sales addon didn't work for me until I added an "s" after http in line 10. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I thought I'd share it.

Thank you. Indeed, that script was designed when the site was still only on http. I now updated it to work on both.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,579
    edited September 2018

Maybe it's technically impossible to do but it would be nice if I could get the list of the add-ons not purchased yet of the owned items.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    Noah LGP said:

Maybe it's technically impossible to do but it would be nice if I could get the list of the add-ons not purchased yet of the owned items.

It's totally possible, and I'm running a version that already has this feature. It will be similar to the "wishlist only" and "owned only" checkboxes. Two more checkboxes are added: "addons for stuff you already have" and "required items for stuff you already have." You'll be able to use this on the whole store, on a single category, on the search page, or even on a sales page. Coming in one of the upcoming versions.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,693

Talking about catalogues, would it be able to implement these filters into a product library? Because some items aren't listed on the store page anymore because they were taken out of the store.

I am using Chrome and have it installed. Works fine for me :)

Estroyer said:

Talking about catalogues, would it be able to implement these filters into a product library? Because some items aren't listed on the store page anymore because they were taken out of the store.

Other than searching for items based on the name, the product library is kind of unusable for me for anything serious in its current state. And there's nothing much to work with there. I might do something with it in a leter project, but that would be a really big one.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,579
    Ati said:
    Noah LGP said:

It's totally possible, and I'm running a version that already has this feature. It will be similar to the "wishlist only" and "owned only" checkboxes. Two more checkboxes are added: "addons for stuff you already have" and "required items for stuff you already have." You'll be able to use this on the whole store, on a single category, on the search page, or even on a sales page. Coming in one of the upcoming versions.

Wonderful !

Ati said:
    Noah LGP said:

That sounds very handy. I look forward to it.
  • Ati said:

The feature I would really like to see at this point is a "Donations" button on the options page! Almost feels unfair to keep getting such upgrades for free...

Ati said:

The feature I would really like to see at this point is a "Donations" button on the options page! Almost feels unfair to keep getting such upgrades for free...

You can do two things and it won't even cost you anything. :)

1. Sign up for the email notifications. Clicking on the products or sales from there will use our affiliate link, and if you buy anything, we'll get a small commission.
    2. Click on the first link in my signature, and there's an ad for Daz on that page. Works as the first one if you do not want to sign up for e-mail notifications. (Although I strongly recommend that, since that way you get notified of new sales, best prices, your wishlisted items going on sale, etc.)

(Of course, using our links is completely optional. Anyone can use every part of the addon, even the notifications, without clicking the links, if for some reason they do not wish to support our work.)

• Just got a new computer at work, but instead of IE and Firefox I'm stuck with IE and Edge.  The first page of this says it doesn't have Edge yet, but that was 2 years ago.  Is it out yet?

It might be a while before work lets me add another browser.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,126

Still waiting on the Edge plugin.  Pretty soon they'll be putting out an update for Edge...do you have to start all over again at that point?

Dana

• DigitalSteamDigitalSteam Posts: 299
    edited October 2018

Well, this is just about the best goddamned thing ever... I wish I'd known about it ages ago.  For that matter, I wish someone at DAZ tech support had been polite enough to suggest it one of the numerous times I'd mentioned to them how easy and helpful it would be to add some minor functionality this has to their site! 

Is Chrome the native / first updated version?

I'll click through from the email notifications, I promise.

Also, unrelated but included just because I saw it mentioned above, imo using adblockers is stealing. If a site uses unethical kinds or amounts of ads, bounce. Immediately. But using an ad blocker to steal the content because you disagree with the way they have ads set up is exactly like using a big coat to steal books from the book store because you think they have the prices set too high. /soapbox.

Post edited by DigitalSteam on

Is Chrome the native / first updated version?​

The order of the updates depends on the stores. Mozilla has a manual check for example, and thus any updates submitted take longer to appear, even though updates are usually submitted to all available stores at the same time.

I personally use Chrome, and so that's the version that's most tested. I believe @Overdrawn also uses Chrome primarily, but I may be wrong with this one. :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Firefox disabled DAZ Deals 2.3.1 in Windows 10. The installed FF version was 40.1 and it updated to 43.0.1 same thing.

I thought I installed the 64-bit version which I ran on my old win7pc but this is the 32-bit version. Could that be a problem?

This discussion has been closed.