Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

I've never really been happy with any of the M4 morphs for Spock. So, I thought that I'd try my hand at it.

Any good? Complete crap?

Looks fine to me.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

I've never really been happy with any of the M4 morphs for Spock. So, I thought that I'd try my hand at it.

Any good? Complete crap?

It's closer than some M4 morphs I've seen. That one by Wertz is one of the few I've seen where he really missed the mark. But I still like the M3 morph best.

A-Page_3,_panel_5.jpg
    1800 x 1344 - 541K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Any good? Complete crap?

looks awesome, planning on sharing ? :)

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    Ptrope said:
    Well, it was nice while it lasted ;). Glad you like the quarters updates.

Well it is posted in all its glory on DA and in the Star Trek artists group as well as my group. it is a great set to use and I plan on using it again.

Where is it, Shadow. I looked for it in the Star Trek Artist group over on DA, but I couldn't find it.

Also, there is a great Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) morph in the freebie section, for those that would like to take a look.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14250/

Your friend
    Oracle

Sorry Oracle, It hasn't been approved yet but here is the link for it in my gallery. http://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com/art/A-shades-of-blue-between-black-and-white-345679734 Thanks for the link to the Deanna Troi morph that is a really good one!

edited December 1969

I agree that looks pretty great, how about a share?

• edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Any good? Complete crap?

If enough people want it, I'll package it up (minus the ear morphs, which aren't mine).

Which brings up an interesting point. The BEST Vulcan ear morph, in my opinion, are the EarElfIn morph in the Daz Creature Creator pack for V4. AND I just found out that that morph works for M4 too! (When you load it, it replaces the Hair Morph on the head.)

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Just playing with an idea of an Andorian Captain or Guard. Not sure which at this point.

This one is all female.

Thanks for the Chair and room update Catherine & Ptrop. If or when I get around to finishing my TOS novel I'll have to use them.

Thanks to Rduda for the bridge set.; making and such...all this set can be found at Vanishing Point http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/productdetail.asp?ProductID=2221

Outfit is SD4 Outfit http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sd4-outfit

** UPDATE *** and hair by the fantastic Mylochka.

-Paul

Nice choice of a bridge for the Andorians Paul and the outfit is very Retro, right down to the 70's Disco platform boots.

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Any good? Complete crap?

If enough people want it, I'll package it up (minus the ear morphs, which aren't mine).

Which brings up an interesting point. The BEST Vulcan ear morph, in my opinion, are the EarElfIn morph in the Daz Creature Creator pack for V4. AND I just found out that that morph works for M4 too! (When you load it, it replaces the Hair Morph on the head.)

You have my vote for packaging it up and sharing! Please!!

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

yup me too , thats a nice spock . i wouldnt mind having a copy too

edited December 1969

Deanna Troi

deanna-troi-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 220K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Wish I had that morph soon, I'd have used it on the Mirror trek images. Oh well. better luck for me next time around.

Added to the freebie list shortly.

-Paul

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

I'll vote for sharing it, too. Please? It looks really good.

Your friend
    Oracle

• celticarchiecelticarchie Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Has anyone don a prop of those round tables they used to have in places like the rec deck, or K7's bar, there was like a medium sized ones and large one.

Here's a link:- http://pinkappledesigns.co.uk/features/tulip-table-collection.htm

And another:- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tulip+Table&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=xD2&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8J7hUKepNuel0AXWvYGIBw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=680

Si :)

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 2012

Well, the table would be easy enough to model - I just like that it's shown with the right chairs ;).

Since the MU was mentioned a couple posts ago, just thought this was a good place to post the latest plaything for the TOS quarters. In a pic I posted on dA, I replaced the screen in the center 'dorm' wall with sliding doors on either side, to provide privacy (more essential when you have 2 people sharing the space, right?). Well, I decided to do it right and model another wall that actually includes these doors, and while I was at it, I also modeled an insert that converts it from the regular '2x4 and drywall' design of the TOS sets to something that makes it look a little more like an actual bulkhead. Once I had it in place to test render it, I thought it would be perfect for an MU cabin, so I UV-mapped the doors so they can take the 'sword of the empire' logo ;). I've included morphs to allow the doors to either close individually, or slide together evenly (you don't want to mix the two types, tho - it gives ... unintended results ;)).

BTW, I used a mask to make the logo self-lit, but I also have a normal 'painted' version. I'll try to package this up in the next day or so and post it for folks. If you use the sconce lights, you'll need to shift them a little (I forgot to for these renders :o); the wall is a little thicker now to accommodate the doors, and they'll sink a bit into the surface, as you can see here.

I might also make a new carpet pattern that's more 'empirical' ;).

Dorm008_sample.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 144K
    Dorm007_sample.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 160K
    Dorm006_sample.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 155K
    Post edited by Ptrope on
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Yes, please, Ptrope. That looks really cool.

Your friend
    Oracle

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Well, the table would be easy enough to model - I just like that it's shown with the right chairs ;).

Since the MU was mentioned a couple posts ago, just thought this was a good place to post the latest plaything for the TOS quarters. In a pic I posted on dA, I replaced the screen in the center 'dorm' wall with sliding doors on either side, to provide privacy (more essential when you have 2 people sharing the space, right?). Well, I decided to do it right and model another wall that actually includes these doors, and while I was at it, I also modeled an insert that converts it from the regular '2x4 and drywall' design of the TOS sets to something that makes it look a little more like an actual bulkhead. Once I had it in place to test render it, I thought it would be perfect for an MU cabin, so I UV-mapped the doors so they can take the 'sword of the empire' logo ;). I've included morphs to allow the doors to either close individually, or slide together evenly (you don't want to mix the two types, tho - it gives ... unintended results ;)).

BTW, I used a mask to make the logo self-lit, but I also have a normal 'painted' version. I'll try to package this up in the next day or so and post it for folks. If you use the sconce lights, you'll need to shift them a little (I forgot to for these renders :o); the wall is a little thicker now to accommodate the doors, and they'll sink a bit into the surface, as you can see here.

I might also make a new carpet pattern that's more 'empirical' ;).

Looks awesome PTROPE!! Love the MU option for it! Love me some Mirror Universe and the fat that you can light the logo up..Pure magic buddy! Thanks!

Here is my last render for the year, I found a tutorial that would let me replace my Poser Pro 2012 start up image so I whipped out my favorite Blue Girl Freyja and turned her into my new log on screen girl! Now is that being a Trekkie or what?

new_poser_startup_log.jpg
    800 x 600 - 244K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Sexy :)

edited December 1969

Thanks it sure beats the stock start up screen! and now that I know how to do it I can make several and just switch them out when I feel like a change!

edited December 1969

did a 4th page for my GFO graphic novella

Done for Turbulence1973 Star Trek - Gamma Fleet Operations GFO. - http://turbulence1973.deviantart.com/journal/Star-Trek-Gamma-Fleet-Operations-269989115

Note: this is just me having fun - in no means done as any story or timeline created by Turbulence1973 and may or may not actually continue on another page LOL

the grammar is probably horrible lol

A larger easier readable version can be found at my DeviantArt page

GFO-page4-sml.jpg
    1163 x 1500 - 283K
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

hey everyone happy new year. anyway not trek but trying to get a BSG style uniform ( from cowlyduck's enterprise textures)

bsg.jpg
    800 x 800 - 154K
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

small update on the look. think it is looking better

d.jpg
    267 x 607 - 30K
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Has anyone don a prop of those round tables they used to have in places like the rec deck, or K7's bar, there was like a medium sized ones and large one.

Here's a link:- http://pinkappledesigns.co.uk/features/tulip-table-collection.htm

And another:- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tulip+Table&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=xD2&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8J7hUKepNuel0AXWvYGIBw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=680

Si :)

There's one in the TOS Furniture set by Mylochka over at xcalpo

http://xcalpro.com/tng/e107_plugins/forum/forum.php

• edited December 1969

Well, my Spock morph has been approved and is now available at Rendo.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=70312

FirstOfficerMorph.jpg
    196 x 200 - 47K
  • wolfgang_1wolfgang_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, my Spock morph has been approved and is now available at Rendo.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=70312

This is an amazing morph . Thank You for sharing .
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Is there some reason we can't access the store today? All I'm getting- and I've tried coming through both the e-mail notice and through here- is just an outline or tree of the site nothing else.

edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing your Spork morph BB3!

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the morph. I'll update the freebie list in a bit.

-Paul

• edited December 1969

No problema, fellas!

Hope you all enjoy it.

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

blue beatle 3

i really gotta tell you that the spock morph rocks out loud . i was instantly satisfied with the likeness to nemoy

logic_dictates3.jpg
    823 x 506 - 58K
  • edited December 1969

bluto said:
    blue beatle 3

i really gotta tell you that the spock morph rocks out loud . i was instantly satisfied with the likeness to nemoy

Thanks, Bluto. I see you that you left the eyebrow raised. I was wondering if people would prefer it that way or a neutral look (although, all we're talking about is a few dial spins). :lol:

This discussion has been closed.