Please make better jeans/pants for men

Comments

• Peter is gaining a reputation for being cryptic and evasive for no reason:http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2051201/#Comment_2051201  lol :P 

Well in that case I didn't want to spoil DAZ's surprise. And it entirely worked! Even I was surprised that there was no surprise. ;-p ~

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,275
    edited January 2017
    jakiblue said:

These are still the best looking jeans I've seen:

http://www.daz3d.com/streetwear-jeans-for-genesis

I autofit them all the time to G3 simply because they LOOK like jeans and they render fantastically. And considering they were made by someone who is known for doing environments/props only, (at least in the hobby daz world), he blew just about every other outfit outta the water in terms of quality and looks. And this was back in the good ol' Genesis days. 

Stonemason/Streetwear said at the time he has been making clothes for years - these, the male shoes and now the T-shirt are the first things I Transfer to each new generation. Wish he would make more male clothes :-)

Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

He has???? Where are they all???? LOL.

Had no idea he'd ever done clothes before - I feel like starting up a petition to get him to make MORE! 

3Ddreamer said:
    jakiblue said:

These are still the best looking jeans I've seen:

http://www.daz3d.com/streetwear-jeans-for-genesis

I autofit them all the time to G3 simply because they LOOK like jeans and they render fantastically. And considering they were made by someone who is known for doing environments/props only, (at least in the hobby daz world), he blew just about every other outfit outta the water in terms of quality and looks. And this was back in the good ol' Genesis days. 

Stonemason/Streetwear said at the time he has been making clothes for years - these, the male shoes and now the T-shirt are the first things I Transfer to each new generation. Wish he would make more male clothes :-)

• jakiblue said:

I think he's refraining from mentioning hte actual product due to it being at the "other store" and perhaps he doesn't want to knock an actual product in public, in case there are problems. Don't blame him. Things can go kinda pear shaped real quick nowadays.  

You got it, jakiblue.

And I agree about the Streetwear jeans. They work great on females, too.

• jakiblue said:

Had no idea he'd ever done clothes before - I feel like starting up a petition to get him to make MORE! 

Pretty certain I saw him say recently that he was intending to make more Streetwear items. But if he makes what sells, expect the best skimpy PVC bikini + stiletto set on the planet.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,275
    jakiblue said:

Wish I knew too, but that is what he said once he was outed at Streetwear smiley Maybe for his own use...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551

Oh it is Stonemason. Stonemason made the rogue outfit for Genesis 3 female http://www.daz3d.com/rogue-sci-fi-suit-for-v6 as well.

it autofitted pretty well to Genesis 2 male. He did state at one time he would make male version maybe we'll see it for gen 4.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    barbult said:

"(i.e. not just for males)"

I'm not sure why you won't name the product, but instead give cryptic clues. I see Street Sport Style for G3F. Maybe that is it. It is new. It doesn't have jeans, though. Boyfriend Jeans???? Not new, though, I don't think.

Agreed. I have searched and found nothing that fits the bill.

Rendo would make a lot more money from me if I could find their products. It's a mess to find things there.

Rendo has some decent stuff but about fifty percent of the stuff I buy there doesn't have the quality I need. That said they do offer stuff I use often like some great men's fibermesh hair, hairs and props.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    barbult said:

"(i.e. not just for males)"

I'm not sure why you won't name the product, but instead give cryptic clues. I see Street Sport Style for G3F. Maybe that is it. It is new. It doesn't have jeans, though. Boyfriend Jeans???? Not new, though, I don't think.

Agreed. I have searched and found nothing that fits the bill.

Rendo would make a lot more money from me if I could find their products. It's a mess to find things there.

I find their search engine works better than here and it's easy to drill down to specific items and by figure. Only drawback i have with them is the ads and the page load time, otherwise, I can find things just as easy, if not better as here. PM me is you want any help

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    Would you like to see that kind of product here?

Absolutely.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Well, should rephrase that, it's mainly a matter of not being a pleasant site to browse at because it's so slow, but the I've discovered recently the key to finding good products there is to look for PAs that I like at DAZ to see if they are at Rendo.

Okay, so picked up the outfit at Rendo. I will give it a whirl for that price, it looks great. Far better than the 14.00 price point that DAZ has set for new male releases lately. 

Plus I love that it includes poses and undress morphs. Mayb I will be lucky and gen 3 male will fit into those pants. Sweat pants are sort of universal. We'll test it out and see. 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2017

Okay, so picked up the outfit at Rendo. I will give it a whirl for that price, it looks great. Far better than the 14.00 price point that DAZ has set for new male releases lately. 

Plus I love that it includes poses and undress morphs. Mayb I will be lucky and gen 3 male will fit into those pants. Sweat pants are sort of universal. We'll test it out and see. 

So did I. I was already aware of the vendor and have been meaning to buy the jeans he/she has too, so Peter can rest easy that he's not driving customers away. Anyhow, I thought that the spirit of US capitalism was all about competition? Anyhow, have not had a chance to try-on the clothes yet but I am wondering if all those poses are only good for a standard size/shape G3F. I like to use characters that are fatter, taller, shorter and other odd shapes so I hope the very specific pose morphs will work across the range.

Maybe DAZ should entice that vendor over here although I doubt whether they would keep his/her prices so low.

EDIT: Just tried on a non-standard G3F character and it does work. There is some poke through and some adjustments required but it can be used. Haven't tried it on an extreme morph yet though, this one was short and stocky.

Post edited by marble on

I buy from both stores and competition is healthy in my opinion. I like buying here but if I can get good value elsewhere I'll definitely do that. I will support good vendors wherever they choose to sell as long as I can afford their items.

I've been doing a survey of pants in my library for the last two days. I haven't covered all of them, but I'm about to flood this thread with renders of some of the pants I have. Pants from other generations were autofit with Wear Them All. In cases without Iray materials, I converted to Iray Uber and modified the surfaces as I saw fit. In some cases I used textures from an addon texture set instead of the original. When the product had a shirt that would not hide the top of the pants, I used that shirt. If the product had footwear, I used it, too. All of the pants are on Genesis 3 Male body; no body character morphs were used. The pose is the standard T pose, except I posed the arms and hands so they didn't intersect with the guy on either side. In some cases I posed the feet to properly meet the ground in the shoes.

This has been interesting. Thanks for starting the thread, Serene Night.

edited January 2017

Streetwear Jeans for Genesis

These pants have handy morphs for fitting over shoes and shirts and for bulging pockets and waistband. This render also uses Streetwear T-Shirt for M6 and Streetwear : Mens Sneakers for Genesis.  All come with several textures. Streetwear is Stonemason, so the quality here is no surprise.

G3M Streetwear for Genesis and G2M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G3M Streetwear for Genesis and G2M pocket bulges.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited January 2017

Bad Guy for Genesis

The wrinkles in the 3Delight texture are created with displacement. For this Iray render, I set SubD Displacement to 4.

G3M Bad Guy for Genesis.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited January 2017

Urban Survivors HD for Genesis 2 Female(s) and Male(s)

I thought the side view bulge was a little over the top for me, so I used Wear Them All bulge fixers to tame it a bit (inset render). I'm not too fond of the wrinkles and shadows burned into the texture maps. I think it looks a little overdone.

Urban Survivor for G2M fit to G3M Bulge Fixer.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited January 2017

Thanks for these renders. I pust say Streetwear's set looks fantastic and I love the touch of adding the gun and the cell phone to the pocket.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the wrinkles and shadows of the Urban survivor set. For some reason it gives the pants a plastic molded feel rather than the look of real fabric.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited January 2017

Urban Metro Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)

Look at the texture at the knee on the side view. That looks a little questionable where the dark blue meets the almost white in a hard line. I'm not too fond of the extremely bleached out look, but I guess it adds variety. The add on textures are darker, but sadly they are just the same texture maps recolored. I would have preferred true new textures.

G3M Urban Metro for G2M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited January 2017

Cowboy Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

The pants have an interesting turned up cuff, which is something unusual. The wrinkles in the shirt look bad, but it is meant to be covered with the vest in the outfit. The belt loads with the pants. It can be removed by setting the belt and buckle surfaces cutout opacity to 0 and using a provided morph to adjust the waist to eliminate pokethrough of the shirt. However, the waistband doesn't have an opening at the fly area, so I don't know how he ever got these pants on.  My mistake! There is an opening; it is just very subtle and hard to see unless you squint at a full size image.

Cowboy for G3M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G3M Cowboy for G3M Belt Hidden.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited January 2017
    G3M Alternate Identity for G2M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited January 2017

Casual Style for Genesis 3 Male(s) with textures from Sustainable

The Sustainable set has three jeans textures for the base model. Both products are PC+, so quite affordable for members. These don't have many wrinkles or folds. They make a dressier jean, I guess. They have an interesting back pocket shape.

Casual Style Outfit Jeans for G3M Sustainable.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Casual Style Outfit Jeans for G3M Sustainable Ripped.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M

Very interesting. You can really see which pants have painted on details, lack shaping and rely on texture instead of modeling. 

edited January 2017

Laid Back Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

Pretty simple. They don't even have belt loops. The way the grain of the fabric bends in at the waist is not realistic for a man's pant.

Laid Back Outfit Jeans for G3M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

Casual Style for Genesis 3 Male(s) with textures from Sustainable

The Sustainable set has three jeans textures for the base model. Both products are PC+, so quite affordable for members. These don't have many wrinkles of folds. They make a dressier jean, I guess. They have an interesting back pocket shape.

OT: I used to date a guy, back in the mid-80s, who always had his designer jeans dry cleaned. I have to admit, they stayed new looking longer...

edited January 2017

Construction Worker Outfit for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 Male(s)

Pretty simple. Sturdy, dirty, and worn jeans for a working man that doesn't want to wear designer jeans on the job, for sure. You'd think they might be a bit more wrinkly, though.

Construction Worker for G3M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited January 2017
    Hoodie Outfit Jeans for G3M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M