-
New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14
barbult said:
MelanieL said:
barbult said:
Remember when I griped about the error in the X Fashion Style for Fall sweater back in November 2022? I gave up on Daz ever fixing it, so I took in into Blender and fixed the intersecting mesh myself. Here is the morph I created. If you want to use it, just unzip the Content.zip file and merge the data folder with the data folder in your Daz library. I set the default to 100%, so that the fix is always dialed in, because I never want to load the broken sweater without the fix. I thought about just updating the base mesh, but then I couldn't share it. If Daz ever issues an update, you can just delete my morph.
Aaargh, I remember I was supposed to be checking that sweater after your first post back in November! Sorry, I completely forgot. I guess the fault is proven to be a general one by now.
Thank you very much for the fix too

It would be interesting to know if you see the same error, though. Although Customer Service reproduced the problem when I submitted my bug report, so, I guess you don't really need to.
I finally got the chance to take a look at the sweater (sure enough it does have the same problem) and apply your fix morph - works nicely, so thank you again.
Partial Shape Loading?Ideally you would split all of the individual morphs. You could, since it's for personal use, export the shape as OBJ and load it as a new morph, then splitt hat, but that would break all links to corrective morphs and joint adjustments.
Partial Shape Loading?OK, while I got a test morph to work, I did not get what intended to do accomplished. I am trying to load only the legs from the shape included with the Zeddicus' Z Beautifully Strong Shape and Pose Mega Set.
I am pretty sure this is a shape preset, as it adjust a lot of other dials when applied. Shape Splitter does not find this property. (Z BST Beautifully Strong Shape) So I thought maybe I could save it as a Morph using Save Assets-Morph, but that tool does not find the Z BST Beautifully Strong Shape.dsf. Shape Splitter does not find the morph and Save Asset/Morph does not find the property. Any ideas? I have reached a point of frustration from my own limits.
NOTE: This is for personal art only and not for creating a new character or product. Additionally, there is nothing wrong with the original product; All of Zeds' stuff is GREAT. I just want a dial to dial in jus tthe right amount of the leg shape from this body shape.
The Marvelous Designer ThreadAnyone knows how to import the same version of a clothing with the zipper opened as morph in Daz?
I used MD many times to better simulate clothes then I always imported the OBJ using loader pro and then saved it as morph, never had problems, but now when I try to load the OBJ with the zipper open it says the geometry didn't match :(Two sets of bones (ghost bones) ?The character is in the starting pose. Only the morph has been added. And those working gray bones are well folded. Only the red ones, visible only when "Bone ghosting" is on, I don't know what they are.
And should they fit the character? Maybe they don't have to? When I click on the normal "gray" bones, its red counterpart also highlights. But when I click on red bone, nothing happens.
Legacy UVs for Genesis 9: for Male too?Hi,
my title says it all.
When will it get the UV transfer for the older Genesis male characters to G9 ? (up to now only female)
I like to use a lot of male G8 skin textures on G9.Two sets of bones (ghost bones) ?I accidentally turned on the "Ghost bones" option in the "Joint Editor" and saw something like this. This is what a character looks like after using one free body morph i find.

Another well-known and proven body morph, very similar to the previous one, looks like this:

Does this first morph have any bug I should be concerned about? It looks quite disturbing.
What exactly are these Ghost Bones? From what I've noticed, they don't respond to mouse clicks.
Is there any way to remove them or just ignore them, turn off preview and pretend they don't exist?
Regards
Sagan: A DAZ Studio to Blender Alembic ExporterYou're welcome! We're a community.
And Oh thank god... I was at my wit's end. Have I said today how much I hate Win32?
BTW, I was able to remove all the Diffeomorphic materials stuff because of a patch to Thomas's plugin that he very graciously did, with coordination by Padone. There is now a global option in Diffeomorphic under "Materials" called "Sort Materials Alphabetically". With that checked, DS, Sagan, and Diffeo all order the slots in the same way, alphabetically. So now to transfer materials to a Sagan object, one only need select the Sagan object, shift-select the corresponding Diffeo object, go to the materials tab, and "Copy to Selected".
Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)marble said:
Richard Haseltine said:
marble said:
johndoe_36eb90b0 said:
You should not render icons to 800x800 -- for asset.duf you should render asset.png at the icon size (91x91), and asset.tip.png at the size you want (say 800x800). That way icon doesn't have to be resized to be displayed in the user interface, and when you mouse over the icon you get shown larger image as a tooltip.
I don't understand the point of the 91x91 image. Why not just render out the larger image instead of creating an extra .tip.png? I always save my icons at larger resolutions precisely because I want something my old eyes can see when I hover over them with the mouse.
Speed and efficiency - while it will depend on system specs and the number of items to load and adjust using larger images and downsizing on-the-fly for thumbnails will have a performance impact.
I still don't get that. What do icons have to do with performance? I can't imagine why icons would be loaded into a scene although scene loading can be really slow but I understand that to be due to morph loading. Certainly, G8F loads far slower than G8M for me and I figure that's because I have many more G8F morphs and characters.
Performance in browsing the content libraries - if larger thumbnails had to be downsized every time the view chnaged it might, depending on system and number of items, have a noticeable impact which would annoy at least some users.
Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)Richard Haseltine said:
marble said:
johndoe_36eb90b0 said:
You should not render icons to 800x800 -- for asset.duf you should render asset.png at the icon size (91x91), and asset.tip.png at the size you want (say 800x800). That way icon doesn't have to be resized to be displayed in the user interface, and when you mouse over the icon you get shown larger image as a tooltip.
I don't understand the point of the 91x91 image. Why not just render out the larger image instead of creating an extra .tip.png? I always save my icons at larger resolutions precisely because I want something my old eyes can see when I hover over them with the mouse.
Speed and efficiency - while it will depend on system specs and the number of items to load and adjust using larger images and downsizing on-the-fly for thumbnails will have a performance impact.
I still don't get that. What do icons have to do with performance? I can't imagine why icons would be loaded into a scene although scene loading can be really slow but I understand that to be due to morph loading. Certainly, G8F loads far slower than G8M for me and I figure that's because I have many more G8F morphs and characters.
New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14barbult said:
@gallen how did you edit the UV? I don't know how to do that. Your fix looks great. I agree, you probably can't share it.
I selected vertices in a UV editor (I used the one in Modo Indie, but I think that you can do this in Blender's UV editor as well) and used the translate tool to move them to give an even layout. I've attached a screenshot to show the final result. This was then imported into Daz Studio as a new UV map.
I also created a morph to tidy up the geometry a bit, but the biggest part of the fix was in the changes to the UV map.
Add on's for Predatron's Low Res figures.Havos said:
MarcCCTx said:
OK I would like...
Lo-Rez Zombies
Lo-Rez Knights & Ladies
Lo-Rez Peasants
Lo-Rez Cowboys (and Cowgirls)
Lo-Rez BeachGoer
Lo-Rez Modern Crowd (walking, sitting in an auditorium, stadium)
basically I want scene fillers.
You can do all that using G8 figures and scene optimizer to reduce the map sizes. I never understand this obsession with low poly figures. The reality is that the 16K polys of G8 is already really low, and will be dwarfed by most other assets in the scene, particularly hair (I've seen eyebrows with more than a million polys). It is large image sizes (ie 4K x 4K and bigger) that eat up your RAM and VRAM, so spending ages (and money) creating a bunch of low poly assets will barely do anything to create useful scene fillers.
I do have Lorenzo and Loretta, but for me they are very difficult to morph so they look different, and they have to be way back in the rear of the image (no more than 50-100 pixels or so in height) or they will look really bad. Using G8 as your background figures gives you far greater flexibility in terms of available morphs, creatures, skins, clothing, hair etc.
+
I tried using them at first for a concert hall type scene and even in the background I still didn't really like the way they looked. I found using Mattymanx's https://www.daz3d.com/resource-saver-shaders-collection-for-iray and https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-resource-saver-shaders-collection-2-for-iray on base resolution figures set to 0 with eyelashes and eyebrows removed (or reduced) gave me better results without a lot of issues. And for another scene where I needed more, I just created several unique figures,with materials using the links mentioned, and then further in the distance created instances. I was rather surprised by how well that worked. And for moving around my viewport I had them in groups so just turned their display off for when I was editing the main parts of the scene.
How do you get your library to a new computerI'll soon be having the same issue, but many yonks ago I was researching this and found these 2 threads which may or may not be of help:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/98681/moving-content-to-new-computer
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/128146/how-to-transfer-daz-to-a-new-pc
Genesis 9 nipples?I am just now starting to look at the new Genesis 9 character and I have noticed that unlike the Genesis 8 characters they do not have nipples. Is this because these morphs are now in a morph add-on pack? Or are these morphs expected to be provided in the new characters that PAs are creating? And if so, how does this work for mixing characters to create unique ones?
I have tried to search the forums for answers to these questions but I have had no luck, but that may be due to the fact that my search skills are not that strong. So any help answering these questions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
nabob21
Add on's for Predatron's Low Res figures.MarcCCTx said:
OK I would like...
Lo-Rez Zombies
Lo-Rez Knights & Ladies
Lo-Rez Peasants
Lo-Rez Cowboys (and Cowgirls)
Lo-Rez BeachGoer
Lo-Rez Modern Crowd (walking, sitting in an auditorium, stadium)
basically I want scene fillers.
You can do all that using G8 figures and scene optimizer to reduce the map sizes. I never understand this obsession with low poly figures. The reality is that the 16K polys of G8 is already really low, and will be dwarfed by most other assets in the scene, particularly hair (I've seen eyebrows with more than a million polys). It is large image sizes (ie 4K x 4K and bigger) that eat up your RAM and VRAM, so spending ages (and money) creating a bunch of low poly assets will barely do anything to create useful scene fillers.
I do have Lorenzo and Loretta, but for me they are very difficult to morph so they look different, and they have to be way back in the rear of the image (no more than 50-100 pixels or so in height) or they will look really bad. Using G8 as your background figures gives you far greater flexibility in terms of available morphs, creatures, skins, clothing, hair etc.
New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14barbult said:
galien said:
@barbult, I also have an open support ticket for this item. In addition to the issue with the lapel, I reported texture issues at the bottom of the front zip and an issue where it loads at the wrong resolution. Interestingly, none of the promo images on the product page show any of these issues, but the promo for the bundle shows all of them.
Yes, I also noticed that the sweater loaded at Base resolution, not the High Resolution that it comes with. Base Resolution looks terrible unless the character is very small and far away in the scene. I rendered mine at High Resolution SubD 2.
The texture stretching at the bottom center is caused by mesh stretching and also strange UV mapping in that area, I think. It looks like the mesh was smoothed in that area, spreading out the vertices. I made an attempt to adjust the mesh in Blender today, but the UV mapping is still an issue, and the Base Shape Matching smoothing in Daz Studio tries to push my modified mesh back to the original bad shape. So my morph is only partially effective. To really fix this product, Daz needs to release the version which was used to create the good product previews.
Yes, the UVmap doesn't make much sense in this area and the geometry is a bit off as well.
I have been able to create a fix, but the main changes I made were to the UV map and I'm not aware of any way to redistribute this within the terms of the DAZ license agreement.
Partial Shape Loading?thd777 said:
You could use Shape Splitter for this purpose. https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter
it a nice little tool that works on Genesis to G8.
ciaoTD
I can vouch for this tool. I had a full character that I purchased where I loved the body, but wanted to use my own faces and this tool worked great at saving just the body morph
Partial Shape Loading?I searched the forum and could not find a thread for this. It may be too stupid of a question to have been asked previously. :)
I have a ful body morph (shape) that I like. For the character I am working on, I only want to use the legs portion of that shape. Is there a way to lock the mesh, much like locking portions of the body for poses? Or i s there a tool that will let me manage which portion of a morph is applied, or how the shape is applied? I realize that loading part of a body shape may leave an unnatural junction and may need blending of some sort.
I am curious to know what the art of the possible is and I am not opposed to purchasing tools. I prefere a non-modeler opton (Daz) but I realize there are ways to do this in Blender. Before I got that route, I wanted to ask the Daz Power Users.
Scene Character Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love for there to be a quick easy way to transfer genesis 8 scene characters to genesis 9. Currently I'm still using Genesis 3 for my characters and would love to upgrade them to genesis 9 (via a gen 3 to gen 8 converter I already own).
New Windows10 License Sales End This MonthIceCrMn said:
After October 2025 W10 will no longer get security patches.
Depending on the exploit, one might be able to get by with just a firewall, an excelent adblocker, javascript blocker, a good anti-virus(assuming W10 will continue to be supported), and good browsing habits.
I'm honestly not going to spend the time to research the exploits used against unsupported and unpatched Windows OS installs.
My linux OS is less of a target anyway.
Why not continue to use my dual boot setup and just not let the W10 install go online?
...that's what I've been doing since 2023 (actually October of 2016 when they W10-ised the security update process by going to the "all or nothing" rollup format). The only thing that is making me have to consider upgrading is the fact the latest version of Iray in the latest Public Release of Daz requires a minimum driver that doesn't support 7 or 8.1. So basically the 4.21.0.5 General Release is the end of the line for those of us still on W7.
Also Google is discontinuing W7 support in another month (not sure if that includes GMail which would mean having to set up and transfer everything to an entirely new email service and account which is a serious pain in the rump as I would have to update my email addy with every site/service [including here] I have contact and accounts with).
Not thrilled about buying into MS's "windows as a service" scheme, having to rebuild a major portion of my system to comply with TPM, then taking the time to dispose of a tonne or two of feature "trashware" I don't want or need after install before I can continue working again.
7 was just so simple and elegant in comparison, basically what an OS should be, in the background supporting your software and not in your face. If Daz worked natively in Linux I would not hesitate to switch but reading through the dedicated Linux thread, not into dealing with all the compatibility and reliability issues of going through Wine or another Windows emulator.











