-
Olympia 9
Here are some quick renders of Olympia 9 Elder, "regular", Young Adult. Loaded the character presets and bikini that's it.
The Young Adult one does not have HD morphs like the other two, and unlike every daz originals ever.. it does not even have nipples textures lol. The skin is the same as the regular Olympia 9 save the gens and nipples, and the breasts have some paler textures (slight tanlines?) going on on the regular one not present on the Young Adult version.
Interestingly, the textures filenames for the Young Adult version have the T suffix like the teen skins for Angela 9 and Julia 9. However, the latter two have nipples textures.
//Edit : Upon further investigation, there's "youth" and "young adult" morph sliders - yet the "Young Adult" character preset loads up the "youth" morphs.
"Young Adult" and "Youth" seem identical except the scaling 99.88% vs 105.12%
Youth: 99.88%
Young Adult 105.12%
Regular: 105.25%
Elder: It has no dedicated proportion slider, so same as regular, 105.25%

CHat GPT for technical questions?Hello guys,
Sometime I don't feel like bothering the community with my questions, so I wondered if the AI God could help me. But either ChatGPT is making sheet up, either it is leaving steps out of its step-by-step approach. So, anyone knowledgeable enough to confirm ChatGPT isn't reliable enough for advance questions bout Daz nuts and bolts? On the mean time... I still need that answer to the question ^^
Q:
Working on daz studio 3D 4.20 software. I want to create a slider on a figure that controls properties like scaling, translation or rotation of bones (also called joints) of another parented item. For example: a slider on a Genesis 8 figure that controls the scale of the sleeves for a shirt that is fitted to said figure.
A:
To create a slider in Daz Studio 3D 4.20 that controls properties like scaling, translation, or rotation of bones (joints) of another parented item, you can use Daz Studio's built-in parameter settings and the Joint Controlled morph technique. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this:
-
Load your Genesis 8 figure and the shirt item into the Daz Studio scene.
-
Select the shirt item in the Scene tab or directly in the viewport.
-
In the Parameters tab, locate the Transform section. This is where you'll find the properties for scaling, translation, and rotation.
-
Right-click on the property you want to control (e.g., scale), and select "Add Property" from the context menu. This will create a new parameter control for that property.
-
In the Parameter Settings dialog box, set the following properties:
- Type: Choose the appropriate type for the control (e.g., float for scaling).
- Display As: Choose Slider to have a slider control.
- Min/Max: Set the minimum and maximum values for the control's range.
- Default Value: Set the initial value of the control.
-
Click "Accept" to close the Parameter Settings dialog.
-
Now, select the Genesis 8 figure in the Scene tab or the viewport.
-
In the Parameters tab, locate the Joint Controlled section. Here, you can create a new joint-controlled morph that will be driven by the slider.
-
Click the "+" button next to Joint Controlled to add a new control.
-
In the Joint Controlled settings, configure the following:
- Target Item: Select the shirt item from the dropdown list.
- Property: Choose the property you want to control (e.g., scale).
- Joint: Select the bone or joint in the Genesis 8 figure that influences the shirt item. You can use the Joint Editor to select the specific bone.
- Scale: Set the scale factor that defines the influence of the joint's movement on the shirt item. Experiment with different values to achieve the desired effect.
-
Click "Accept" to close the Joint Controlled settings.
Now, when you adjust the slider on the Genesis 8 figure, it will control the scaling (or other specified property) of the shirt item based on the movement of the selected bone or joint.
--
TY
Creating a V4 autofit clone for G9 please helpcrosswind said:
You wanna have a Victoria4 clone on Gd9? If you made the V4 clone by yourself, set the correct Path and Type and save the morph asset to your Vendor folder... as attached screenshots..
Thanks That worked I think I'l try to do a video tutorial on the process (No Promises though autistic and adhd after all)
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]RiverSoftArt said:
That is strange. Are you saying when you enable morphs with TLM for females, it disables TLM for males? That should be impossible. Which TL generation are you using? Are you able to have a *simple* test case? (as in I turned on 1 morph for GreatCharacterG8F and here is what happened) Can you post a log of when you disable just a couple morphs using TLM and it messes up the opposite gender?
I can use DAZ pretty well but I'm not sure how to do the tech-type stuff like log files or any of that.
Here is an example of what I am doing though:
Scene:
Females: Excella Gionne (guhzcoituz) head & body morphs, E3D Aria Teen, E3d Alexa Teen, E3d Jessy, Juliet, Linta Teen,
Males:
Evil Clown
For the TL version, it says v 4.9 2023.
When I restarted DAZ and reloaded the female morphs everything seemed to work fine. It now happens when I load the male morphs. Once again after a DAZ restart, it seems to work fine as long as I don't change anything. I can work with this but it's kinda inconvenient also it is probably something with my rig.
I'm not big on complaining just wasn't sure if this was something someone else may have had an issue with as well. Like I said a DAZ restart seems to fix it for the current scene.
Let me know what/how I can get a log file for you to look at and the next time this happens I can get you some better info.
Creating a V4 autofit clone for G9 please helpcrosswind said:
You wanna have a Victoria4 clone on G9? If you made the V4 clone by yourself, set the correct Path and Type and save the morph asset to your Vendor folder... as attached screenshots..
Thanks I'll try that
Creating a V4 autofit clone for G9 please helpYou wanna have a Victoria4 clone on G9? If you made the V4 clone by yourself, set the correct Path and Type and save the morph asset to your Vendor folder... as attached screenshots..
Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures part 3I swear, I'm NOT specifically looking for 'Bo Katan'/Katee Sackhoff morphs, but they just keep popping up at this one particular site, so I might as well point it out ^_^
"Bo Katan 9 for Genesis 9" By Redmagnet.
Note that this is only the body/face morph, the actual 'Bo Katan' outfit is not included, which makes me wonder why he disn't just name it some variation of "Katee Sackhoff" like a lot of other producers of 'Celebrity Morphs' do with their products.
This one does bear the most resemblence to Sackhoff of all the ones I've seen so far, though.
Olympia 9xyer0 said:
I've been waiting for a girl like you, Olympia 9, to come into my runtime. Just the face though. Now to switch out your normals to make you younger. I may finally be able to get going with G9.
I'd boycotted Daz Horse 3 products after Daz flubbed their initial promises of new hair options. That mane and tail look like a bad perm with Crisco added. Commission outoftouch to do a mane, tail, & fetlocks to save the horse. Anyway, here comes Arki to make the best horse wings I've ever seen and pull me back in to using Daz Horse 3. But now I need the horse materials to match the wings and poses and tacks (which were pretty slipshod iirc).
Horse wings need a morph to move them out of the way of G9's legs.
Not even those wings would make me want to use DH3. Sorry, Arki. Love your stuff...but nope. The horse itself is still a big, fat, Larry-Moe-Curly NOPE.
Thankfully Harry has wings for all my winged pony needs...Olympia 9I have the Pro bundle down to $19.15, the Pegasus Bundle to $5.75, with the tack add-on to $2.58. I had 8 tokens for 40% off, added my DAZ+ coupon so the bundles went to 90% off and the add-on to 85%. I also have four still new releases from yesterday went to 70% off. So two free items also. Total $58.20.
After glancing at the previous Olympias, I have to say that G3's version might be the one I liked the best. But Olympia 9 seems to have the nose shape that I remember from living in Greece. I liked the hairs in the bundle, the morph, poses/expressions, set which I want to point out the sizes offered (4096 x 4096 and 2048 x 2048) and while it is not classical Greek, it is over the top and I still think it is fun. The jewerly, helmet, and weapons were finely done. The clothes, sigh. I am glad I bought SY's offering for the Romans. The makeup are LIE so that is useful. For $19.15, excellent price.
But I also noticed a big drop in price when I first put the pro bundle into the cart that I wasn't expecting. Not sure what triggered it.
Mary
[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]necroscension said:
RiverSoftArt said:
necroscension said:
Possible issue...
I'm noticing, at least with the males, that if the character preset does not name the model in the Scene tab (figure is named the default ["Genesis 8 Male" or "Genesis 8.1 Male"] instead of the character name,[such as "Roy for G8M"]), the resulting controller made is named either "Unknown Genesis 8 Male" or "Male 8_1". The model that loads however will have the converted model's name. The issue becomes that if another character is converted that wasn't named in the scene tab, the new controller overwrites the previous controller so that all converted models using that controller load as the last converted character for that model (G8M or G8.1M).
At some point the character is being "re-named" for the Scene tab. Can this name update the default name used for building the controller?
Yes, this is a known issue. The script looks at the name of the character it loads (not the filename) to create the controller. That controller can get trounced in situations you describe and is not something I can prevent (you could be reconverting a character). Thankfully, few PAs do such a thing. If you notice a converted character has such a name, I would rename that controller morph filename before converting other characters. Unfortunately, that means you will need to edit the character preset to also load your new controller name though.
Gotcha. BTW, I have been learning more and more about some of the background stuff in Daz trying to work around some of these issues. I'm now understanding why certain issues happen. I wish I had a reason to do something like this before now lol.
LOL.
Every time I work with SickleYield, I learn all kinds of things. "Why did she tell me to script it like this? Couldn't I do that... or this... oh. That's why." 
I *really* wish I could make character conversion straightforward, and no one would have to worry about this stuff. But it helps a LOT to understand this stuff.
[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]RiverSoftArt said:
necroscension said:
Possible issue...
I'm noticing, at least with the males, that if the character preset does not name the model in the Scene tab (figure is named the default ["Genesis 8 Male" or "Genesis 8.1 Male"] instead of the character name,[such as "Roy for G8M"]), the resulting controller made is named either "Unknown Genesis 8 Male" or "Male 8_1". The model that loads however will have the converted model's name. The issue becomes that if another character is converted that wasn't named in the scene tab, the new controller overwrites the previous controller so that all converted models using that controller load as the last converted character for that model (G8M or G8.1M).
At some point the character is being "re-named" for the Scene tab. Can this name update the default name used for building the controller?
Yes, this is a known issue. The script looks at the name of the character it loads (not the filename) to create the controller. That controller can get trounced in situations you describe and is not something I can prevent (you could be reconverting a character). Thankfully, few PAs do such a thing. If you notice a converted character has such a name, I would rename that controller morph filename before converting other characters. Unfortunately, that means you will need to edit the character preset to also load your new controller name though.
Gotcha. BTW, I have been learning more and more about some of the background stuff in Daz trying to work around some of these issues. I'm now understanding why certain issues happen. I wish I had a reason to do something like this before now lol.
[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]XiousDs said:
Another little bit of info. I find that mesh grabber seems to work fine on gen 9, but after running a conversion on one character to another character, mesh grabber is all messed up when using it on the newly converted character. Example, selecting G8M Storybook Frog can be selected fine with mesh grabber. Gen 9 figure can have surfaces selected fine as well. After attempting to run a conversion on story book frog, the surface acts super weird so that if you try selecting an edge or vertice on the right leg, it might select a section on the left leg. If you try selecting a spot on the head, it might select a spot on his lower stomache.
Story book frog has a weird bone structure in the feet? Can weird rigging/bone placement potentially negatively affect how the mesh gets pulled about on the feed?I think this is about the Transfer Utility step in the conversion. When TU looks to transfer over a morph, it is all about nearest vertices that have moved and things like that. When a PA does a huge transformation of a character (JoeQuick), it makes the wrong guess as things have moved so much.
As complexity test on Storybook Frog for the conversion tool, I tried first running decimator to reduce it to 50%. This still resulted in a pretty good shape, but appeared to reduce some of the complexity in the toes shape especially around the nails. I then saved the character as a preset to my custom folder. I then ran the tool against the exported/decimated 50% decimated figure. Most everything was good except still massive spikey pancake feet. So reducing the vertice count of the model does not seem to work for the feet.[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]necroscension said:
Possible issue...
I'm noticing, at least with the males, that if the character preset does not name the model in the Scene tab (figure is named the default ["Genesis 8 Male" or "Genesis 8.1 Male"] instead of the character name,[such as "Roy for G8M"]), the resulting controller made is named either "Unknown Genesis 8 Male" or "Male 8_1". The model that loads however will have the converted model's name. The issue becomes that if another character is converted that wasn't named in the scene tab, the new controller overwrites the previous controller so that all converted models using that controller load as the last converted character for that model (G8M or G8.1M).
At some point the character is being "re-named" for the Scene tab. Can this name update the default name used for building the controller?
Yes, this is a known issue. The script looks at the name of the character it loads (not the filename) to create the controller. That controller can get trounced in situations you describe and is not something I can prevent (you could be reconverting a character). Thankfully, few PAs do such a thing. If you notice a converted character has such a name, I would rename that controller morph filename before converting other characters. Unfortunately, that means you will need to edit the character preset to also load your new controller name though.
[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]XiousDs said:
A weird thing with the Baboon for G8M. I loaded it into an empty scene, went to parameters, and clicked on all. The BaboonG8M-IrisSize shows up at 100%. When you reduce it to 0% it increases the size of the Iris on the character, so the morph shrinks the Iris when applied. On G8M Baboon it is applied at 100% by default. So I expected when I went to "Currently Used" it would show up as one of the currently used morphs, but it does not show up.
Baboon 8 shows ups at 100%.
In addition, eyelashes Curl, Eyelashes Length Lower, Eyelashes Length Upper, torsoNewCurves4, BeardCurves, maneBack, and ManeFrontCurves all show up at 100% on the Baboon, in currently used, but the Iris morph does not show up at all, even though it is being used. I don't understand that. I thought if a morphs was applied in any form, then it should show up in currently used. Not certain if this is has something to do with why this morph seems to be causing problems with Gen 9 conversions.
I am going to test removing baboon for now to see if that has any positive affect on running the converter.
Update: I uninstalled Baboon, and deleted the eye and character morphs so that when I tried to find the morphs they did not show up. I could not find any file for them also where they had been located on my harddrive. I ran a test conversion again, and the storybook frog still showed up with Baboon iris. I looked again and could not find any files for it. I decided to try restarting DAZ. After doing so, but after I redeleted the newly created morphs, it proceeded to create the base morph but without creating the Baboon Iris morph. Baboon did not create any major distortion that I can tell other than slight head size change. However, I wanted others who might read this that they likely need to restart daz after whacking an offending morph or somehow it still may be stuck in memory for the script, Daz Studio, or something like that.Generally, if you create a new scene, Daz throws away the morphs in memory. You shouldn't have to restart.
[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]RexRed said:
XiousDs said:
RexRed said:
RiverSoftArt said:
RexRed said:
Okay, I love the way the converter creates the new Gen 9 clone of the Gen 8 figure.
I had a problem with Roy's texture would not load onto the Body suit. I got a character error.
But i just loaded Roy and copied his surface material and pasted it to the body suit and fixed.
So, I feel like every conceivable issue I have had has been addressed, except for two.
The top eyelash which has not been a huge deal because Gen 9 has great eyelashes and textures.
The only lingering problem is eye size.
It seems there should be a script to fit the eye into the sockets of a morphed figure.
But it is not a big problem doing it manually.
The issue is I need to resize the eye 25 to 50% above the 100% to get it to fit and this leaves me with a large eye image map.
How do I make the image smaller other than going into photoshop and doing that manually.
If Photoshop is the only answer, then I would request a script to auto fit the eyes and a script to give us a slider for eye map size.
And offset and tiling does not work.
I am not sure I understand. The eye dialog scales and moves the eyes if you need it. (This is one of the things that make converting to G9 a PITA. The eyes have a separate morph, named the same, to make them fit within the G9 head) This should not affect the surface at all.
I have no eye dialogue checkbox that I can see.
For every figure that I have converted (except for Michael 8.1) the eyes are considerably smaller than the eye socket.
I have to manually resize the eyeballs and move them outward from the nose.
When they get resized at it makes the eye texture on the eyes get bigger also.
The eyes come in at 100% size and I have to resize them anywhere from 125% to even 140% so there are no spaces on each side between the eye and the socket.
When I resize the eyeballs The texture on the eyeballs gets larger as well.
The texture is then too big to look realistic in most cases.
I cannot find how to invoke the eye dialogue.
I cannot find eye morphs for the eyes either.
Did you look over the Character Converter G9 User Manual? On page 4, the 4th bullet is "Eye Dialog".
On the Character Converter tool, you have a tab section called Convert. It is the first tab. On that tab, you have a Character Files section. That is the section which shows which files you are trying to convert. In that section there are 4 columns. The first is "Type", the second is "Filename", and the third is "Eye Dialog". To enable the Eye Dialog section of conversion you must double click on the cell empty space intersecting between character row in question and the "Eye Dialog" column. It does not show up like a check box. It is just an empty space. When you double click it, an "X" will appear in the empty space of the "Eye Dialog" column showing you the option is enabled. When you double click it again, the "X" will be removed disabling the option and leaving the space empty again.That was very helpful XiousDs while I have been trying to fix this, I found that out about the adding the x to add the eye dialogue box while perusing the manual again.
I am trying that to see if the eye textures are sized correctly now. The eye dialogue box is great!
Thank you very much for your help, that was very kind.

Thank you for helping each other. I need the help!
[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]Eboshijaana said:
RiverSoftArt said:
XiousDs said:
Just as a note. When I try to convert StorybookFrog, I also end up with the baboon eyes showing up as a converted morph. One of the other folks mentioned a character showing that it used Baboon eyes morph, so I thought it would be relavent to let you know that I also see that occurring.
I got tired of this stupid morph giving me support nightmares so the next update will screen baboon eyes iris out.
I admit I don't know much about PA interaction etiquette, but it shouldn't be your job to handle the mistakes of another PA.
Regardless, since this is relevant; Anyone who has Chimera from Joe Quick should check their G8-1 is not accidentally triggering a Chimera mouth morph when G81male's mouth is opened wide.I try to make the script robust enough to handle unusual cases, but there are 1000s of characters...
I learn more about DS every day; I hadn't known until this product about how tricky it could be pulling in the iris.[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]XiousDs said:
RiverSoftArt said:
XiousDs said:
Just as a note. When I try to convert StorybookFrog, I also end up with the baboon eyes showing up as a converted morph. One of the other folks mentioned a character showing that it used Baboon eyes morph, so I thought it would be relavent to let you know that I also see that occurring.
I got tired of this stupid morph giving me support nightmares so the next update will screen baboon eyes iris out.
Just want to say you are doing a great job. I am sure this is very frustrating, but I am sure all of us greatly appreciate. Thank you.
You're welcome! Thank you for your support.
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]benjamincobb777 said:
Hello,
I have read through a lot of the issues and so far I haven't had any of these issues. To me, everything has been pretty basic and understandable with only minimal mistakes on my part.
I have an issue that I have not been unable to fix though. I have male and female scenes where I use TL for the females and everything works fine for the females but the males are missing morphs but when I use TL for the males then the females are missing morphs. I'm not sure if I have an older version or a bad config for male/female settings.
Let me know what I can do to fix this please and thank you for any useful advice.
That is strange. Are you saying when you enable morphs with TLM for females, it disables TLM for males? That should be impossible. Which TL generation are you using? Are you able to have a *simple* test case? (as in I turned on 1 morph for GreatCharacterG8F and here is what happened) Can you post a log of when you disable just a couple morphs using TLM and it messes up the opposite gender?
New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"
This is now able to be purchased separately despite the Pro bundle description stating it to be exclusive to the bundle:doubledeviant said:
It's exclusive to the Pro bundle and isn't supposed to have an active store page.ecks201 said:Olympia 9 HD Alternative Shapes
Inactive
It's showing as "inactive" which is probably a warning of the fact it links to an ooops page
"Also included at no extra cost is a pro bundle exclusive, Olympia 9 HD Alternative Shapes, which includes a Young Adult and Older shape morph dial and preset for Olympia."Olympia 9I've been waiting for a girl like you, Olympia 9, to come into my runtime. Just the face though. Now to switch out your normals to make you younger. I may finally be able to get going with G9.
I'd boycotted Daz Horse 3 products after Daz flubbed their initial promises of new hair options. That mane and tail look like a bad perm with Crisco added. Commission outoftouch to do a mane, tail, & fetlocks to save the horse. Anyway, here comes Arki to make the best horse wings I've ever seen and pull me back in to using Daz Horse 3. But now I need the horse materials to match the wings and poses and tacks (which were pretty slipshod iirc).
Horse wings need a morph to move them out of the way of G9's legs.







