Changing teeth (shape) from one figure to another.

Hello All,

I had come across a situation in which I would like to change the teeth from one character to another.   While I do have dedicated teeth morphs, the problem is that most of those morphs are fantasy related or to show a certain condition, such as atrophied teeth. 

In the case that I have the main face shape I want to use comes with teeth that have spaces and gaps between them (Khloe 8).  I want to change this 'set' of teeth to someone elses in which there are no gaps, like those on Eva 8, or Sydney 8.   Yet, I want to maintain the face shape as is.

I know I could easily change the color and surface texture under the surfaces tab, but since there is no teeth morph per character, changing the shape is eluding me.  So how would I just change the teeth but leave the rest of the face intact?

Thanks,

Geo

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

This product might work https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

i have used it for just the face (not the head) on a few characters.

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693

FSMCDesigns said:

This product might work https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

i have used it for just the face (not the head) on a few characters.

So the issue is that I would need to separate the head from the teeth and make them separate morphs?  Hummph! I thought it would be easier to do than that.  At anyrate, I would have to wait for that product to go on sale first, as that is a pretty hefty price tag buying it now at full price.

Thanks,

Geo

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

I use this for individual control (placement, length, shape) of each tooth or to remedy issues that come from different head morphs. Rarestone's Face Morphs has overall teeth height (RS Teeth Height) and depth (RS Teeth depth) morphs.

xyer0 said:

I use this for individual control (placement, length, shape) of each tooth or to remedy issues that come from different head morphs. Rarestone's Face Morphs has overall teeth height (RS Teeth Height) and depth (RS Teeth depth) morphs.

I was more looking along the lines of changing the overall teeth shape and gaps.  While changing the teeth indiviually certainly would allow more detail, it just would be too tedious.  As I said above, I am fine with 'borrowing' the teeth from another character.  I do have the Rarestone 390 morphs, but sadly there are only the three adjustment for teeth and it is for the mouth's positioning of the teeth, such as front back / up down. There are no morphs for the shaping of the teeth.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

jukingeo said:

xyer0 said:

I was more looking along the lines of changing the overall teeth shape and gaps.  While changing the teeth indiviually certainly would allow more detail, it just would be too tedious.  As I said above, I am fine with 'borrowing' the teeth from another character.  I do have the Rarestone 390 morphs, but sadly there are only the three adjustment for teeth and it is for the mouth's positioning of the teeth, such as front back / up down. There are no morphs for the shaping of the teeth.

The  SF Design teeth morph package has an upper global tooth width morph and a lower global tooth width morph that will remove gaps. I can't check now, but there may be global shaping morphs as well. The details on the product page look comprehensive though.

NyX said:

There's also this

https://www.daz3d.com/teeth-master-control-for-genesis-8-female

I am not sure if this package has global settings as it seems like it is for individual tooth control.   The problem I have with this is that it will load in an extra 295 morphs for something I will rarely use.  As it is, my loading in times for Genesis 8 figures is long.  The other package (SF-Design one above) is 139 morphs...still a lot though.

Really if I can get by with 'borrowing a set of teeth'  from another character, then perhaps using the split morph product may be the better way to go.

Thanks,

Geo