G8F Pose Transfer to Aiko 3, Victoria 3 & GV3

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
edited November 2020 in Freebies

I have recently finished a script to transfer a G8F pose to Victoria 3 (note NOT the G3F based Victoria 7), that will enable someone with V3 to download so some of the wide range of G8F poses and use them quickly on this elderly figure.

To use, load G8F and apply the desired pose. Then load V3, and run the script. Due to the rudimentary state of my scripting knowledge, the script asks that you identify the hip nodes of both G8F and V3 in the appropriate node selection combo boxes because it can't identify them automatically. Then press 'ACCEPT' for the script to run. With any luck you will be pleased with the result. It is highly likely that you will need to tweak the pose a little, but probably not much more than you would expect when applying a G8F base pose to a character.

Below are a few images. The first is G8F in the form of FWSA'S Francesca in the zero pose, and V3 has that pose applied. This is pretty close, particularly the fingers & thumbs which are less splayed than in the V3 zero pose. The outward splay of the legs and feet is less obvious in this view than a straight ahead view, but is there, and masked a little by the fact I've had to set V3 off to one side to get the right arms close together for comparison.

The next two images are V3 in the zero pose before and after the pose transfer. The G8F pose is a BBarbs freebie, 'Just Elegant 07' over on Renderosity, and is not deliberately chosen to be a good one, just one that I thought moved a large number of joints in different ways to show up problems if there were going to be any.

The final image is Blackhearted's V3 based GND2 posed using the script and is included to show it works on more than just the base figure. You will note that GND2's eyes are not moved by the script. This is because GND2 has props substituting for the V3 eyes, and the script only recognises the bones in the base figure. You will need to alter GND2's eyes manually, and with any other character with similar prothsetic parts.

Please be aware that V3 is 5 generations older than G8, and does not react well to some poses, particularly ones with large bend angles at the shoulders, elbows and hips. This script cannot get over the fundamental limitations of the base figure, however much we might wish for it to.

I have applied this script to my favourite V3 character, Jim Burton's 'Glamorous Vickie' (GV3), and due to having its own CR2 file and its own custom jcm's it's a little better at more extreme angles of bend at the hips, elbows and shoulders than the original V3 figure. It's a totally different story for the feet, though. GV3 has high heel feet modelled in, and a morph to make them flat so as to be similar to V3. Unfortunately, the bones are not moved by the flat foot morph and bending the toes when the flat feet morph is applied makes them rotate about an centre of rotation outside the feet and they distort very rapidly into disemboweling claws. When the pose is applied to the high heel feet, the feet rotate 45 degrees too far and she looks as if her ankles are broken. I will need a special script to get GV3 to look right. Edited to add: see next post but one for a GV3 specific script that corrects this problem.

I do hope it's useful to someone!

Why the underwater HDRI? Well, I like it, it justifies the swimwear and the swimwear permits you to see enough of the figure's limbs and assess that a majority of the pose transfer is sufficiently accurate to be useful.

Image info: Background: Namtar3D's freebie underwater HDRI available via this freebie forum (among other places). G8F Character is FWSA's Francesca for G3F converted to G8F using RiverSoftArt's script. Hair: G3F Leyton Hair, swimwear Hongyu's G8F Bikini 2. V3 SAE base with medium resolution texture. Hair: 'Las Vegas Hair' by Jim Burton (now unavailable). Swimwear: from V3 basic bundle with DS Uber shaders. GND2 wearing alternative GV3 swimwear fitted by smoothing modifiers and DS Uber shaders, and 'Erika Hair' by Elizabet from Rendo (now unavailable)

Regards,

Richard.

ETA: For a script to take a V3 pose & transfer to G8F, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/443772/scripts-to-adjust-and-transfer-v3-poses-to-g8

Edited to add: It appears that this script works equally well on Aiko 3 as Victoria 3, opening up a whole planopy of additional uses.

ETA: For a script to take a V4 Pose and transfer to G8F, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/448391/v4-pose-transfer-to-g8f

zip
zip
G8FPoseTransferToV3.zip
G8FTransfertoV301.jpg
995 x 911 - 513K
G8FTransfertoV302.jpg
995 x 911 - 563K
G8FTransfertoV303.jpg
995 x 911 - 562K
G8FTransfertoV304.jpg
995 x 911 - 562K
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
    edited November 2020

I have one little additional script in this tools section.

I mentioned above that the feet on GV3 didn't work well with the G8F->V3 script, so I took 20 minutes yesterday evening to make sure that I fixed the problem, resulting in the script below. The script only works properly for Jim Burton's Glamorous Vicki figure (here https://www.daz3d.com/glamorous-vicki-set-for-victoria-3-0). The proof that it works is below:

Regards,

Richard

zip
    zip
    G8FPoseTransferToGV3.zip
    G8FtoGV3PoseTransfer.jpg
    995 x 911 - 590K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,004

Thanks!

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Cool!  I'll have to dig up my Mil3 figures again!  laugh  Thanks!!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
    I hope that the script proves to be useful. The elbow joints and buttocks are particularly bad at large angles with V3 based character's, but within a limited range of movement they aren't bad.
  • This is amazing,