DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited January 2016

Where are the interactive lessons (Day at the Beach, Inside the Asylum, etc.)? They don't show up in the Lesson bar and they don't show up in Smart Content to install with Daz Connect.

Edited to add: I found the Day at the Beach Bundle and installed all those products. This isn't the lesson, though. When I load that ready the render file, it displays a pop up message listing a long list of missing files. No other products are listed on the product page as being required. I think someone at Daz made an error and saved this scene with additional morphs that were not intended to be used. I have written 2 but reports - one for missing lessons and one for the missing files in the content bundle. frown

Screenshot 2016-01-27 22.58.20.png
    540 x 793 - 33K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    barbult said:
    When I load that ready the render file, it displays a pop up message listing a long list of missing files.

This is where I consider the change in the content folder arrangement used in Connect to be the least useful; is that /data/ folder in the screenshot in an old-style Content location, or the new-Connect-style wherevertheheckitis (different) Content location subfolder? Also, does the ready-to-render file need to be updated because of the changes? I don't see where the new setup's made any difference at all in the likelihood of these "can't find file" glitches.

• Two questions (the first probably very dumb):

(1) I exported the user meta-data before the 'upgrade' - how do I import it?

(2) If importing exported data does not get the significant volume of data I've entered back what do I need to restore or uninstall to get back to 4.8?

My backups are very good but I'm not sure where every little thing is that I will need to roll back to pre-4.9 state.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Two questions (the first probably very dumb):

From The Content Library pane's menu icon, select "Content DB Maintenance" > "Re-Import Metadata..." and press Accept, wait a moment, then press Accept on next window.
        From The Content Library pane's menu icon, select "Content DB Maintenance" > "Consolidate file references". (cannot be combined with checkbox from previous step or it won't work.  This is to avoid duplicate content thumbnails that otherwise appear in unassigned, although I don't know why this happens and maybe you shouldn't normally have to do this step?.)
        From The Content Library pane's menu icon, select "Scan known directories for files", unchecking "Only New Items".
        In the Content Library pane, right-click a random blue-hightlighted content folder and select "Mark all content as seen" from the context menu.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    barbult said:

Where are the interactive lessons (Day at the Beach, Inside the Asylum, etc.)? They don't show up in the Lesson bar and they don't show up in Smart Content to install with Daz Connect.

Edited to add: I found the Day at the Beach Bundle and installed all those products. This isn't the lesson, though. When I load that ready the render file, it displays a pop up message listing a long list of missing files. No other products are listed on the product page as being required. I think someone at Daz made an error and saved this scene with additional morphs that were not intended to be used. I have written 2 but reports - one for missing lessons and one for the missing files in the content bundle. frown

The lessons are treated as plug-ins, at the moment, so can't install through Daz Connect. Please use Install Manager to install them. 

You shouldn't need to, it should migrate across. ​If you need to though, then what Sreisch said is correct. 

• edited January 2016

You shouldn't need to, it should migrate across. ​If you need to though, then what Sreisch said is correct. 

Well it didn't. I had also done what sriesch ha suggested with the exception of only selecting User Data (because that's what was exported??) with no effect. I'll try the full import but at present I'm looking at restoring to pre-4.9 to recover all the 3rd product details and categorisation that I had entered.

Thanks (both of you) for replyng.

Edit: Full import makes no difference. Details of several hundred 3rd Party products including all meta-data gone. Thank You.

Post edited by andrew.commons_63d2a9913f on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Thanks, I understand. I'll go look in DIM. Will there be a way in the future (or even now) for customers to know what is missing from their Daz Connect, so they can look in DIM instead?

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited January 2016

I'm also having problems with 4.9 meta data, many products were missing.  I found some of the missing products showing up in the "Content Library: Products" tree but they were empty with no references.  Tried re-importing User Data, tried re-importing all meta data, nothing works. Luckily I was able to revert back to 4.8 and everything works fine again.

I have thousands of products, I fixed and edited a lot of meta data over the years, updated the content management system, moved to a new computer, I'm using a symbolic link to fix previous errors with paths. I also never used DIM and have been installing content manually.  I don't know if any of these factors could be relevant to the issue.

I'm in the middle of working on a large project and don't have time to troubleshoot this. I've spent so much time organizing and fixing meta data that at this point I wonder if it would have been more efficient to just not use meta data at all and just organize the folders instead.  I don't plan on using DAZ Connect since I'm not a fan of DRM & don't want to re-download and re-organize thousands of products.  I don't think the new features justify the time I would have to spend fixing meta data.  Hopefully it will be worked out in a future update.

Post edited by Swawa3D on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

So here's a question: if I decide to reset my database, just to clean it out of any accumulated junk or what have you... I shouldn't then have to reinstall ALL MY CONNECT PRODUCTS, should I?

That hardly seems like "working as intended", but I suppose it might be.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2016

I may need another ticket, and question here. I already reset DB in 4.9 twice to correct DB problems.

But it means I may not have perfect same data_records  which was generated in ds 4.8.

(though I re-install all meta-data , again, in ds 4.9, then migration worked  ,after reset DB, and I can see most of  contents in ds 4.9 with categories now,,)

But it cause Cararra 8.5 Pro seems can not show any content in Smart content tab any more. 

even though postgre sql running without problem, (in task manager) and  I can see all contents in Carrara >Contents

DAZ programmer really thinking about  your product compatibility?  or there is caution, Carrara user may loose ability

to use Smart Contents any more, once you reset DB in ds 4.9, even though you re-import all data? 

I do not think most of Carrara User install ds 4.9

and they will try reset DB nea future ,, and  as Official,, DAZ may not offer ds 4.8. 

But I think DS 4.9 user may need reset DB for many reason.

. it means remove records which  generated in ds 4.8.  then re-imported and migrated data can not be used in Carrara smart content any more.   is it right?

then if it is designed so,, As true meaning,, ds 4.9 have no compatiblity about Carrara 8.5 about smart contents.

it work untill we reset DB of ds 4.9 in future.  but it can not work after we reset DB once in ds 4.9, even though we re-install all meta-data as same as before.

it is not problem about DAZ connect things, but problem about DIM installed contents which could be used in Carrara 8.5

without problem.

carrara1.PNG
    1067 x 652 - 110K
    carrara2.PNG
    990 x 702 - 323K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on

And Now Carrara can only show items as "files" which generated in ds 4.9,  in Carrara smart contents.

and it can show category name which I new assgined for items in ds 4.9  (that means, Carrara 8.5 can read all category name of current postgre DB recrods)

but Carrara can not show any data_assets which assgined to each category., only show empty categories. at least for me.

Then is there any FAQ or discribe, Carrara 8.5 can not show any items which saved in ds 4.9 by user, in Carrara  smart content>category?

(that means, Carrara 8.5 smart content have no meaning about user saved files in ds 4.9)

it seems no reference ,with reset DB , and migrate thing.  it is about new saved files and categorized in ds 4.9.

carrara3.PNG
    814 x 597 - 54K
    carrara4.PNG
    738 x 727 - 91K
    carrara5.PNG
    843 x 741 - 101K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

And Now Carrara can only show items as "files" which generated in ds 4.9,  in Carrara smart contents.

and it can show category name which I new assgined for items in ds 4.9  (that means, Carrara 8.5 can read all category name of current postgre DB recrods)

but Carrara can not show any data_assets which assgined to each category., only show empty categories. at least for me.

Then is there any FAQ or discribe, Carrara 8.5 can not show any items which saved in ds 4.9 by user, in Carrara  smart content>category?

(that means, Carrara 8.5 smart content have no meaning about user saved files in ds 4.9)

it seems no reference ,with reset DB , and migrate thing.  it is about new saved files and categorized in ds 4.9.

Carrara uses the DS4.8 database tables.

Thanks confirm. Yes,, then where it is discribed?  before I install ds 4.9, 

edited January 2016

And do you really understand, why it is strange for me?   DAZ offer ds 4.9 to sell their contents,   and DAZ sell Carrara 8.5 Pro with smart content.

then Usually I  believe,, official version may not cause problem to use Smart content about both aprication.

I understand, Carrara 8.5 can not see encrypted files from FAQ.

I see, FAQ reset DB in ds 4.8, and ds 4.9 will delete any data.(which Carrara used too)  it is OK, but it never means, Carrara 8.5 only see ds 4.8 DB.

why there is no clear discribe, in both forum or poduct page for  Carrara and DAZ studio user ?  

fortunately, I am not real active user of Carrara, and I do not think,, I really need smart content in Carrara. but

at least daz have responsibility to tell clear,, these problem may happen, when up-date ds 4.9.   Non discribe about User may not hope,  cause troube user  and lost reliability about the company and product much. 

• vortex3DSvortex3DS Posts: 9
    edited January 2016

Do i have to do a fresh install?  I upgraded from 4.8 and now my content takes FOREVER to be searched and found. I seriously regret upgrading now :(

Post edited by vortex3DS on
    edited January 2016

Rbtwhiz Thank you  finally you seems add clear guidance about meta-data (user_data, or produc_data) of ds 4.9

and how it changed from ds 4.8 in FAQ  now.

but at same time I actually disappointed that, DAZ clearly add new limit about uesr, how to make their own product_data and manage them

to serching items in ds 4.9

I can not approve DAZ way, at all. (not  complain about this document)

Because  ,DAZ think ,"product" is for DAZ vendor,, but As for me,,

"product" have been, just one of "field" to manage each assets, as group, then serch items with mix of other field (category etc) by DB.

then I have used "product"  to  gather items which I am using or saving scene, subset for each procject too.

it is because,, Smart content can be smart only when we group items as product with category, compatibility.

Smart content is just a viewer of DB,, or serching records with mixing field.  isnot it?

then the viewer use "product"  ,"category" field to serch items, and to gather records as one group  as main field.  is not it?

who desigend so? it is DAZ.

Maybe  I need  to be asuming the responsibilities of a vendor and as such must become familiar with the underlying mechanisms involved.

from today.

BUt,, daz vendor actually have been understood it, then offered user, correct clean, and grouped DAZ offcial manner meta-data with their product?

And  If  DAZ  use "product"  (one field of Asset records) as DAZ own,

must better to offer new smart content with new "user-field group"  it can compliment "product"  (not, tags or gorup(icon) which you offered at current)

these can not be use as field of assets viewer at all as same as product.)

the new user field gorup, user can use it as main field with category, compatibility,

which user can easy made, edit,  then offer way to export re-import as individual.dsx of each gorup for   their contents as they like.

and offer please more simple, but usable DB viewer,,, why in smart conetnt there is no DB viewer,,

which can check compatibility, category,, vendor name,, all fields value of  one records  at same time

to check each assets more clear?        It is just a DB viewer!!! for user, to serch item records

not only for DAZ product, but generated or made or improted in to DAZ studio.

At current, ds 4.9  smart content is only smart for DAZ contents, (extrude lost and found 296 items for my daz studio)

then it may be more and more improved but only for  DAZ connected items and DAZ sold items.

it means, smart content is not best viewer for me.    just need to serch DAZ shop items only.

then I do not like to use such DB viewer to serch content of aprication,, (imagine when you use serch engine for Web , it can find page only which added many Affiliate)  . maybe I use mainly conetnt library , it means I may get disadvangtage to serch daz connect items, then I may not buy such items untill daz offer more fair main viewer.

• barbult said:

I cannot find the "Day at the Beach Bikini".  I tried installing it from the bundle download, but the Bikini and other files are missing.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

Rbtwhiz Thank you  finally you seems add clear guidance about meta-data (user_data, or produc_data) of ds 4.9

Where you found that FAQ? 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    MBusch said:

Where you found that FAQ? 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/69741/daz-studio-pro-faq

It's stickied at the top of this forum.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

so it was to early to go out of beta and did i read an apology somewhere ?

to all those losing their categories

edited January 2016

it is DAZ document  way, when some bad manner forum member angry and shout round, they may add something with their document,

as if it was there ,since a long time ago.  and someone did not read them and angry.

theese discribe was too late for me to change my way (group items as product,as I like, and save it as individual DSX

then was there chance for uesr, (who customized product_data as they like, and keep it as individual.dsx with user_data,)

to know these underlying mechanism ,and  can get clear knowledge, to add missing daz product to be shown as real prodcut_data

in smart content? 

DAZ have offered many enpty product_data or miss input product_data,

as it is WIP but Official more than 3 years.  then user re-build them by them self,

nexttime, without clear anouncement,  system change, then say when we set product(just a meta-data) for contents, just for usabillity,

uesr need responsibilities of a vendor and as such must become familiar with the underlying mechanisms involved

but the mechnisms change by this version without any infomation, suddenly.  it is really bad joke at least for me.angry

edited January 2016

And,, now I have many morph product, (and may be all animate2 product )  in Available.

but I know, I must installed by DIM correct way. then must need not install them.

Dear Mr and Mrs DAZ, maybe you said, when I ask it,, you may need not install.

but User may not think so, then re-install by them with DAZ connect again, do not think you so?

And, why you can not add prettty memo, about these things at all, in your FAQ or document?

these things should be easy found, when Mr and Mrs DAZ play with new ds 4.9

why  your customer need to tell you and ask you "please discribe it,, if you have time.." ?   

then I often think, daz do not care much about user,, but care only about daz connect thing , daz vendor,

and promotion of your product.,  about this daz stuido 4.9.

I know you are work hard, but it is pity for me.broken heart

===========================

I have no intention, to hi-jack this forum as troll.  anyway, at least I clear see,

Why are my custom categories missing after 4.8 database migration to 4.9? 

in current FAQ, now.  then I say Realy thank you Rbtwhiz again. but I really care,

DAZ Studio gradually change " posing and rendering aprication with DAZ shop items only"

it wll show best perfromance when we only use DAZ shop items with enclypted thing.

then I do not think, it get new success story which You have done from daz stuido 4,. without you enhancement

posing tool, and editing tools.  cloth simulation etc.. and offer more relaibale stable document. about editing.

because DAZ studio actually have many limitation, as 3D aprication. though it is free, but user may need to buy many items.  it is OK, if it is so interesting, as true meaning. as like game  soft. Modder not care, how it is difficult,to make contents for Skylim etc.. because we can see, actually they move with my controllers. and player not care download official items,even though it is just changed color costume.

but DAZ studio is neither more nor less posing actor and rendering 3d scene aprication.  ,,,as true meaning.

morphproduct.PNG
    730 x 889 - 314K
  • I'm having problems with products that I have bought not appearing as "available" in Connect. A few days ago I bought the Gianni Pro bundle, all of which is Connect enabled. However the two pose sets in the bundle did not appear in Connect. At the same time I bought Katerina hair and that didn't appear either. I was forced to install these via DIM. It's inconvient to have to discover which items in a bundle, or a large order, have not turned up in Connect. I'm otherwise happy with Connect and don't really wish to use DIM any more—I particularly don't want to have to fire up DIM to find out what is missing. This isn't the first time it's happened, either.

Is this a problem that others are having or that is a known issue? My DAZ content set up couldn't be more typical or straightforward and Connect and Smart Content work well in every other respect.

• Did you report the missing items? If not, assuming they haven't since shown up, please do.

• Thanks, Richard. I won't be able to check until the end of the week, but if they haven't appeared I'll raise a ticket. I presume they should still appear even though I've installed them via DIM.

• legarclegarc Posts: 45

Figure for G2 or G3 FBX exports from v4.9 no longer work in maya for humanIK rig setup.  Direct comparison made with vers4.8 and v4.9 for exporting FBX to rig in Maya.  FBX export in v4.9 is broken or is no longer the same.  Help!!

legarc said:

Figure for G2 or G3 FBX exports from v4.9 no longer work in maya for humanIK rig setup.  Direct comparison made with vers4.8 and v4.9 for exporting FBX to rig in Maya.  FBX export in v4.9 is broken or is no longer the same.  Help!!

Can I get you to please file a support ticket. Please include the version of Maya, the OS and which FBX export you are using. (2012, binary for example.) 

• legarclegarc Posts: 45
    legarc said:

Can I get you to please file a support ticket. Please include the version of Maya, the OS and which FBX export you are using. (2012, binary for example.) 

Done. 

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited February 2016

I am curious about the status of three DIM specific features that have not yet made their way to DAZ connect:

- Downloading products without installing them

With the DIM you can download products and select not to install them.

Basically that way you can have a complete backup of all your orders while still not flooding the DAZ Studio interface.

I am under the impression that the more products are installed the slower the interface gets in some tabs because more items have to be loaded.

Currently I was not planning to download all products with the DIM because now I got used to the advantages of having all files of a product in just one folder instead of having them scattered around a runtime...

Another benefit of having a downloaded but not installed version might be that there is actually the  "last updated" information available even when the product is not installed.

1) Are there any plans to add the ability to download products but not install them with DAZ connect so we can create a backup of products in the DAZ connect format?

- - -

- Hiding products

In the DIM I made regular use of the ability to hide products I was not anymore planning to install for some reasons.

One benefit of this was that repeated searches for the same terms in the DIM were more efficient because I did not have to look at unwanted products ever again once I hid them after the first search.

Currently it also seems that the "All" and "Available" tabs in DAZ Connect are quite slow. I assume the more products are purchased the slower those tabs are.

My idea would now be that "hiding" products would solve all those issues for DAZ connect.

- Users could hide products they do not want to see again when making searches

Example:

On the first search for shirts there are 400+ results.

The user now hides those products he does not want.

The next time he searches for shirts only 200 products are shown and no time is wasted looking at unwanted shirts.

- the "all" and "available" tabs might become faster because the "hidden" products could be ignored when performing search operations

2) Are there any plans to add the option to hide products in DAZ Connect?

- - -

- Search range with advanced filter options

I miss the ability to narrow down search sesults by using filter text commands for the SKU or the order date

Examples:

sku::12350-14350

compare:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering

3) Are there any plans to add advanced filter options to DAZ connect?

- - -

Post edited by linvanchene on