Carrara Academy for Light of Heaven

18910111214»

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I almost read that as "the cops beat up this guy and theN THEY replaced my sister's toilet". lol

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I almost read that as "the cops beat up this guy and theN THEY replaced my sister's toilet". lol

You're right, that reads terribly! Now you know why I'm not the journalist writing the story! Oh, and that's allegedly. ;-)

edited December 1969

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. There's plenty of sick cops out thrre.

edited August 2014

I did finally get around to testing my idea.

I can post the scene file to drop box for anybody that wants to take a look. My idea is not the only way to get the effect. There may be other ways that other people prefer.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7370483/Lightning-flash.car.zip

I set up two distant lights aimed slightly differently but pointing in the same general direction. Both are set to zero brightness at the start of the timeline. Each will have to have their brightness adjusted individually.

So for light one, I set tge brightness at 0% at the start. When I wanted my first lightning flash I started the first keyframe of the flash at 1%, then advanced a couple frames and turned it up to 250%, a couple frames later I dropped it to 50%, then a couple later to 200% and a couple frames later down to 0%. So that I didn't have to repeat all my work, I selected the keyframes that formed the flash by drag selecting them, then holding the option key (on my Mac) and dragging all the selected keyframes further down my timeline. Option dragging keyframes copies the selected keyframes to wherever in the timeline you release your mouse button.

To make absolutely sure the lights turned on when I want them and not before, I used a discreet tweener between the flash cycles.

I then repeated the process with the second light with slightly different timing.

Picture_3.png
    707 x 190 - 30K
    Picture_2.png
    992 x 758 - 182K
    Picture_1.png
    1004 x 198 - 37K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

I don't think your dropbox link is working? But i get the idea and will try it. thanks

edited December 1969

Yikes! I'll look at it. Thanks for the info. about the link.

edited August 2014

I don't think your dropbox link is working? But i get the idea and will try it. thanks

Link is fixed. Apparently Dropbox didn't like the file not being zipped.

edited December 1969

Got it. Thinks

edited December 1969

I didn't use he copy thing. I just gradually keyed stff in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUvMJF2r7BE&feature=youtu.be

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

That's really cool, Jacob. I should get back to Carrara and I will when I'm ready.

edited August 2014

I didn't use he copy thing. I just gradually keyed stff in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUvMJF2r7BE&feature=youtu.be

That's the great thing about Carrara. Even though I have one way to do something, there are many other ways that may work as well or better.

BTW, your effect looks very nice.

where are the doors for architools? I've only been able to make holes, but can't find doors

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

There are a collection of doors, windows and stairs to add to the basic building shells, they need to be downloaded separately from here:

http://www.inagoni.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.12

Got them. Where do I put them? pI'm used to stuff being in like an Objects folder.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Got them. Where do I put them? pI'm used to stuff being in like an Objects folder.

You can put them where you like (that almost sounds rude!).  I created an Architools folder in my Objects folder and then sub-folders for doors, windows and stairs, but you can just use them like any other objects. Then just drag them in and line them up to your building shell.

Can models made with Architools be sold/shared?

OH NO! Inagoni's site is gone! Now I can't get the free stairs, windoows, and doors again after losing my HD! GAH!

....or is it just down?

• MiloMilo Posts: 511

It was up for me. Looks like it's been redesigned, http://www.inagoni.com

• Milo said:

It was up for me. Looks like it's been redesigned, http://www.inagoni.com

Thanks. I was looking for this last week and couldn't find it. 

Milo saves the world!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Can models made with Architools be sold/shared?

HI LOH :)

Technically,. you made the model,. not architools,. so,.. what you make is yours,,.

Can you sell it? ....is a different question, ..

Q: is there a market willing to pay for your model ?.

If it's good enough,. possibly.

you can certainly choose to share your work with others and depending on the format, those models can be used in various programs.

Good to see you're still using carrara :) and getting deeper into it. :)

Andy! Dude, long time! How've you been? Made any crazies lately?

This one still gets me. :D

HI Jacob :)

Nothing as extreme as that ,. I 've taken some time out's due to those unforseen events called life, ;)

Recently I've been getting back into Carrara and into After Effects and experimenting with Octane renderer for Carrara.

So, I'm having trouble getting my DS/,duf stuff to add to the Carrara browser. It's been awhile since I had to do thismpare folders..

Under content, I go to "Add Runtime...", then select E:/.../My Library/Runtime and just E:/.../My Library. I tried picking Poser runtime and content didderent times.

No Genesis stuff shows, even after restart. In the screenshot, I have the "Add Runtime..." window open to compare folders.

CapturePNG.png
    1920 x 1080 - 220K

It should be visible when you select the My das3d Library folder, but it should also pick the runtimes and library's up from the Daz studio installation,.

Mine is : G:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Librarry

Well, when I just do E:/MY Stuff/DAZ 3D, it saysit doesn't have a runtime.

When I do E:/My Stuff/DAZ 3D/My Library, it looks weird and wrong like this:

CapturePNG.png
    1920 x 1080 - 190K

Maybe it isni't my folders and I'm overlooking somethingj...

Ah, fixed it. Brain fart. :D