Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Linwelly said:

Wow, I'm impressed that is cool work, ( and a bit jealous... kids are still small, time is short and my skills lay undeveloped since adult life began...).  By the way do you have a place at dA?

Thank you!  Don't worry the time will go by faster than you know lol.  Yes I do have a deviant art account http://silverriverart.deviantart.com/. ; You will be able to see just how rusty my art skills were (are) when I started to get back into it lol

• That is an awesome image, Sonja.  I hate that type of graphic because it bascially give me nightmares, but, yeah, I can still appreciate great technique and stuff.  I just don't want to look at it right before going to bed.  I can't really say anything about that being in your head, though, because, while nothing with tentacles are in mine, there are some sharp teeth and some gruesome images in mine occasionally.  Just sayin'.

My boys are just now entering their teen years so not jealous exactly like Linwelly, I'm definitely not ready for them to leave the nest quite yet, I do wish that they were a little more independent like yours.  I'm still waiting for my oldest to figure out what he wants to do besides play video games.  He's fifteen and I would have thought he would have some inkling of what he wants to do so he can figure out what to study more in depth.

I am amazed at how easily you are picking some stuff up.  Sometimes, it seems like such a struggle for me to get a handle on some of this 3D stuff.

That is an awesome image, Sonja.  I hate that type of graphic because it bascially give me nightmares, but, yeah, I can still appreciate great technique and stuff.  I just don't want to look at it right before going to bed.  I can't really say anything about that being in your head, though, because, while nothing with tentacles are in mine, there are some sharp teeth and some gruesome images in mine occasionally.  Just sayin'.

My boys are just now entering their teen years so not jealous exactly like Linwelly, I'm definitely not ready for them to leave the nest quite yet, I do wish that they were a little more independent like yours.  I'm still waiting for my oldest to figure out what he wants to do besides play video games.  He's fifteen and I would have thought he would have some inkling of what he wants to do so he can figure out what to study more in depth.

I am amazed at how easily you are picking some stuff up.  Sometimes, it seems like such a struggle for me to get a handle on some of this 3D stuff.

Aw thank you!  And if it makes you feel any better my oldest is 26, graduated with a degree in Biology, minor in Chemistry, Forensic Science and Japanese and still has no idea what he wants to do with his life lol. 

I don't do a lot of horror but this one just needed to be done. And it kind of gives me the heebee jeebies too lol.

I am really struggling with the Iray myself so I totally understand your frustration with 3Delight.  Which i have not masterd by any stretch of the imagination.

• That is an awesome image, Sonja.  I hate that type of graphic because it bascially give me nightmares, but, yeah, I can still appreciate great technique and stuff.  I just don't want to look at it right before going to bed.  I can't really say anything about that being in your head, though, because, while nothing with tentacles are in mine, there are some sharp teeth and some gruesome images in mine occasionally.  Just sayin'.

Aw thank you!  And if it makes you feel any better my oldest is 26, graduated with a degree in Biology, minor in Chemistry, Forensic Science and Japanese and still has no idea what he wants to do with his life lol. 

Actually, it does make me feel a little better.  It means there is still hope for mine.

I don't do a lot of horror but this one just needed to be done. And it kind of gives me the heebee jeebies too lol.

Good to know.  I was actually trying to give a compliment so it is nice to know we are on the same page, heebee jeebies wise.  wink

I am really struggling with the Iray myself so I totally understand your frustration with 3Delight.  Which i have not masterd by any stretch of the imagination.

I keep putting off doing my render for the contest because I know I'll have to sit down with 3Delight for this one.  I hate breaking promises to myself.  Almost finished with a couple of Iray projects, so I'll have to try to throw something together this weekend and see how much I can figure out in 3Delight.  Hopefully, it won't be downright aweful.

I do enjoy seeing your renders.

That is an awesome image, Sonja.  I hate that type of graphic because it bascially give me nightmares, but, yeah, I can still appreciate great technique and stuff.  I just don't want to look at it right before going to bed.  I can't really say anything about that being in your head, though, because, while nothing with tentacles are in mine, there are some sharp teeth and some gruesome images in mine occasionally.  Just sayin'.

Actually, it does make me feel a little better.  It means there is still hope for mine.

Good to know.  I was actually trying to give a compliment so it is nice to know we are on the same page, heebee jeebies wise.  wink

I keep putting off doing my render for the contest because I know I'll have to sit down with 3Delight for this one.  I hate breaking promises to myself.  Almost finished with a couple of Iray projects, so I'll have to try to throw something together this weekend and see how much I can figure out in 3Delight.  Hopefully, it won't be downright aweful.

I do enjoy seeing your renders.

Thank you!  I did take it as a compliment.  For what its worth I find 3Delight to be a bit more straightforward.  Not quite so complicated and fiddly.  And, its pretty much a what you see is what you get engine.  Unlike Iray which sometimes (okay for me most of the time) doesn't look anything like what's going on in the viewport even with the headlamp off lol.

edited January 2016

Playing around with the SimTenero randomizer some more.  I didn't realize she had pointed teeth until I made her smile lol.  And the smile just looked... weird.  So I tried to make her snarl instead

Azra Postwork.png
    419 x 678 - 485K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

I have to buy that.  What are kidneys worth these days?

Teofa said:

I have to buy that.  What are kidneys worth these days?

Haha i have no idea. When you find out let me know cause there are one or two things i need to lol
  • Some great renders here! Thanks for sharing

Jay Jay said:

Some great renders here! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for looking!  and thank you for your kind words

edited January 2016

My Nyla character (also used in the Mardi Gras vampire.  Made with Sim Tanero's randomizer.

Nyla (3Delight).png
    600 x 800 - 671K
    edited February 2016

Just a quick one.  Still playing with the randomizer and trying out some of my not yet used content.  I figured I better stop buying and start using lol.  Still working on figuring out Iray.  I am warming up to it but it still confuses the heck out of me

Wistful

Wisful.png
    778 x 698 - 939K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Sonja, a very serene scene, I can almost feel the breezes blowing through. Very relaxing!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Wow. I like the black beauty, but the view is nice as well, though the girls seems a bit scarely dressed facing those ice covered mountains. good work

Thank you!  Yes I realized afterwords that she might need a bit more clothing lol.  Its not really a finished piece I think there is a lot I can add to the scene yet. But it was late and I just wanted SOMETHING done lol.

edited February 2016

Different angle.  more clothing lol.  Still not finished but coming along I think

Wisttul 2.png
    778 x 698 - 875K
  • I like this, Sonja.  Just curious.  Do you have any of the fit scripts for clothing yet?  If not, you should really check into tying out D-formers or taking your models into Blender or Hexagon and giving making your own morphs a try.  They are actually easier than you would think and they really help to get rid of the shrink wrap look that a lot of clothes have straight out of the box.  It is amazing what you can do with the breast area to make it look more natural.  I'm not sure why some pieces of clothing seem to shrink wrap and others seem to fit so well right out of the box. 

I really like the close up of this pose, but I kind of miss the whole view of the water you had in the other render.  However, I have to say that I've been really impressed with the characters you've been making with the randomizer.  I still haven't had a chance to play with it.  Unfortunately, I have so much going on right now, it keeps moving to the bottom of the list of things I need to figure out.  Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Thanks!  Yes I do have one of the fit scripts.  The two above are both still kind of works in progress.  I'm still working out the final clothing etc for these two.  The second one, she is wearing a dress but I can't pull back any further because no matter what I do the dress will NOT sit lol so its hanging under the bench.  I can of course fix this postwork but I have another have finished that I am kit bashing top and bottom together.  Just got too late to finish last night.  Once I nail down the clothing, I will change both to the same set of clothing and work a bit more on the smaller details of the two scenes

edited February 2016

I was really happy with how well this one turned out. A couple tweaks I could still probably do but I ran out of time for the contest.

8f7410a3b013be9a61abcda6815dd3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 66K
    edited February 2016

My other entry in the January Newbie Contest

Last Stop To Nowhere.png
    772 x 684 - 666K

I like this, Sonja.  Just curious.  Do you have any of the fit scripts for clothing yet?  If not, you should really check into tying out D-formers or taking your models into Blender or Hexagon and giving making your own morphs a try.  They are actually easier than you would think and they really help to get rid of the shrink wrap look that a lot of clothes have straight out of the box.  It is amazing what you can do with the breast area to make it look more natural.  I'm not sure why some pieces of clothing seem to shrink wrap and others seem to fit so well right out of the box. 

I really like the close up of this pose, but I kind of miss the whole view of the water you had in the other render.  However, I have to say that I've been really impressed with the characters you've been making with the randomizer.  I still haven't had a chance to play with it.  Unfortunately, I have so much going on right now, it keeps moving to the bottom of the list of things I need to figure out.  Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Sometimes it makes a difference not to use the "fit to" option as that looses the boes the clothing has out of the box and puts on the bones of the figure it's fitted to, which is not always the best option.

Thanks!  Yes I do have one of the fit scripts.  The two above are both still kind of works in progress.  I'm still working out the final clothing etc for these two.  The second one, she is wearing a dress but I can't pull back any further because no matter what I do the dress will NOT sit lol so its hanging under the bench.  I can of course fix this postwork but I have another have finished that I am kit bashing top and bottom together.  Just got too late to finish last night.  Once I nail down the clothing, I will change both to the same set of clothing and work a bit more on the smaller details of the two scenes

you can try this with using bones or a d-former, but its a lot of trial and error.

I was really happy with how well this one turned out. A couple tweaks I could still probably do but I ran out of time for the contest.

I like the way she means business! Thanks for the comment on my gallery by the way, I'm really proud on that movie poster and I got my head wrappae around a lot of postwork stuff, adding text ist still not my thing.

Linwelly said:

I like the way she means business! Thanks for the comment on my gallery by the way, I'm really proud on that movie poster and I got my head wrappae around a lot of postwork stuff, adding text ist still not my thing.

I thought you did a great job on the poster. For me the post work is far easier as I am coming from a 2d digital background for the last couple of years. I am way more comfortable in photo shop than I am in daz studio but i'm getting there lol.

I've haven't even tried the d former or the messing about with the bones, I am still discovering what everything does.  Fortunately I love to learn new things and figuring out how this all works makes me happy lol.

edited February 2016

Made with the Randomizer and the Skin Builder- these two tools are rapidlyl becoming items I use almost every day.  I am getting a great collection of characters and I love the surprise factor of the randomizer.  I was pretty proud of myself of getting the glowing lights in her eyes to work as well as I did it took a bit of fiddling but in the end it was worth the time and effort.

Janna Darkstar.png
    494 x 800 - 618K
    edited February 2016

Erin - she is not a thin as most and her breasts aren't huge. She will make a good ranger or dragon rider.  I was fascinated last night at what a huge difference hair can make in how a person looks.  I didn't have time last night to any more but I am going to render her with a coupld of different hairsyles.  Her face is much more square without this hairstyle.

Erin G2F Portrait.png
    800 x 800 - 918K

And I just noticed that her left braid is going through the shoulder piece as well as one of the tabs is intersecting the top of the corset. I will say I was a bit disappointed with the lack of being able to fit this particular outfit.  There were NO options at all and if I didn't have the fit control I would not have been able to use this at all.  Which is too bad, i really like the outfit.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I think you do the most amazing renders out of your randomizer and those skins are truely amazing

Thank you Saphirewild!  Its definitely all in the tools, but I am enjoying them enormously!

edited February 2016

Nother character - Gracie.  Really like the bits of freckles by her mouth on her right side she makes a lovely redhead.

Gracie Sad.png
    494 x 800 - 673K
    Gracie .png
    494 x 800 - 673K
This discussion has been closed.