RRRR - Murphy’s Law Render Contest *closed*

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 2015

Pull #4

1445 – Textures for Winter Flower ( repull – do not own Winter Flower )

165 – BWC Native American Poses

108 – Barn Yard

817 – Latex Shaders

1229 – Rope Sandal for V5

Random numbers generated Dec 19 2015 at 19:45:59 by www.psychicscience.org 

Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

Tag:  Kismet2012 #4

Title:  Barn Dance

You can follow the directions perfectly and still get lost.

Victoria was not impressed.  She had followed the directions exactly.  She was expecting to arrive at a beautifully renovated and updated old barn at a vineyard.   This was definitely not it.

As a pair of headlights approached she sincerely hoped it was Michael...

Barn Dance.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 302K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,653
    edited December 2015

tag: luci45 #8
    Nothing is as easy as it looks
    Hwan and Hoon thought it would be easy to make a little fast money by robbing residences when no one was home. 
    "We didn't know the ajumma would come home from her errands so soon. I told Hoon we should have taken her cookware..."

Used:
    Nocturnal for Onyx Fem
    Purple Heron
    Victoria 4 for Genesis 2
    US Truck - Poser 
    Streets of Asia (LB)
    Cookware Set (LB)
    Pivotal Moment Poses for Genesis and Genesis 2 Male(s) (LB)
    Jade Hair Genesis (LB)
    Forever Michael -m2 (LB)

Also Used
    Contemporary Living Pillows and Speaker
    Entertainment Center TV
    Metal Magic Overlays
    PD Iray Shader Kit 1
    Yakuza Outfit
    KungFu Hair
    Natasha
    East Asia
    M2 Clothes - Suitcoat Pack and Michael's Morphable Clothing Pack
    Flat Top

robbers.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 564K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Thank you purrkat, luci45 and MelanieL

@lucki45 - She is teaching them the proper respect...and the versatility of a good cookware set.

Thanks, MelanieL, Kismet2012, 
    Kismet2012 #4 Awesome use of your pull!

Here is my #9!
    Bumper Cars
    Hegemone 
    Clogs for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Dream Home-Eclectic Master Bedroom Furniture 
    Old West Saloon Interior (LB)
    Streetwear Fashion (LB)
    GIS Link (LB)
    Fairytale Bassinette (LB)
    DAZ Horse 2 (LB)

I pulled it a few days ago and thought 'I can't do this.' But it's almost done. Rendering is another story - I wonder if my RAM and CUDAs can handle it.

• purrkatpurrkat Posts: 134

Kismet2012 - Nice feeling of isolation... like maybe Victoria should have stayed in the car and sent Michael a text.

luci45 - Great action! Good use of cookware.

I've had the strangest time with my #6, as in "good golly Miss Molly". Shaders that worked in one render, just stopped working in the next render five minutes later. Crazy. It still has technical difficulties, but I'm at the point where - this is as good as it gets. Thank you Murphy. That said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

edited January 2016

Wildwest - M3 Cowboy

Midway fun PS

The Candy Factory

Carhop for Genesis Female

Also used - Hitomi Rings Hair, M5 Elite Hair, Genesis M3 shape with Morris, Gunner, and DTTS tiler shader, ground Set C.

Tag: purrkat #6

Murphy's Law # 9 - "No good dead goes unpunished."

Luke broke the bucking bronco. He was the Rodeo champion. Heady from his win, he decided to try his luck at the shooting booth. Introducing himself, he offered Jack, free tickets to the next Rodeo in exchange for unlimited target practice. He had just picked up the riffle when someone grabbled his arm, twisting him around.

He didn't realize how fast she was going, until he tried to catch her. They both went down in a tangle of arms and legs, with an unceremonial thud. The Champion of the Rodeo - taken out by a girl on roller skates, selling balloons.

RollerDerby.jpg
    1002 x 563 - 491K
    Post edited by purrkat on

Thank you purrkat

purrkat #6 - Murphy does seem to have a knack for taking someone with a big ego down a peg or two.  wink

edited January 2016

tag: luci45 #9
    The Ultimate Open Concept Home
    The perfect family home isn't.

Wanting more "togetherness" the Emersons bought the home of their dreams with an enormous open floor plan.

Used:
    Bumper Cars
    Hegemone 
    Clogs for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Dream Home-Eclectic Master Bedroom Furniture 
    Old West Saloon Interior (LB)
    Streetwear Fashion (LB)
    GIS Link (LB)
    Fairytale Bassinette (LB)
    DAZ Horse 2 (LB)

Also Used:
    Michael 7 & Leo 7
    Buzzed Hair for Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3
    Pen Hair
    Ground Shaders for DAZ Studio
    UHT Hair Shaders for Iray
    Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray
    Pd Iray Shader Kit 1
    Micah Hair
    Prisoner
    Caleb Texture
    Braxton texture
    Loretta Lorez
    Danielle's Bedroom nightstand
    iRadiance - HDRI Variety Pack One

open concept.jpg
    1854 x 1236 - 660K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,489

Sorry for not paying attention or posting here for a while, but stuff happened IRL the week before christmas that killed my muse, been a slow way back but I'm getting there.
    I lost my beloved dog Viggo, who has been around me everyday for ten and a half years, and that was a very special dog not only to me and my familly but to others as well, even people I don't know, who come forward when I walk with only his litle brother now, asking about him, where he is, what happened. 

Totte said:

Sorry for not paying attention or posting here for a while, but stuff happened IRL the week before christmas that killed my muse, been a slow way back but I'm getting there.
    I lost my beloved dog Viggo, who has been around me everyday for ten and a half years, and that was a very special dog not only to me and my familly but to others as well, even people I don't know, who come forward when I walk with only his litle brother now, asking about him, where he is, what happened. 

You lost a member of your family.  Take all the time you need Totte.

@luci45 I can understand why you end up with so many LB's.  Your renders are hilarious.

Totte - I'm so sorry for your loss... pets are so much a part of us, it's like loosing part of yourself.

luci45 - Totally terrific!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited January 2016

I hope everybody had a good start into 2016. I'm sorry for your loss Totte, take yout time.

Linwelly said:

Linwelly#3
    448 52 83 91
    Random numbers generated Dec 13 2015 at 15:22:59 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.
    Japanese Flair
    Breast Cancer Research Russian Egg (hello again)
    Dark Corrosion Shaders
    Decorative Easel Set

Had this one almost posted but the noticed that I had forgotten the corrosion shader, well now it's spilling on the floor...

Title: artistic rampage

Law applied: If you try to be better than worse, you'll be better at being worse.

She had trained ever so hard for the dance presentation at the little Art convention, she insisted on doing her best...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/fa/cc505015b0c90c54456d1eadb52769.jpg

additionally used:

g2F, Princess of asia, kita hair

RRR-murphy3-5.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Totte, I am sorry you lost your beloved Viggo. Pets can be the best friends and some of them are very special. 

Thank you, purrkat and Kismet2012

purrkat #6 Another nice one! Great use of your pull.
    Linwelly #3 Nice one! I love a good mess in a render, especially for Murphy. 

Thanks Kismet2012 - That one was such a struggle, I had to do another pull, to bring back the fun.

Thank you luci45.

Linwelly - Good one! Artistic rampage... I've been there.

pull #7

Grimlens

DAZ Dragon 3

SciFi Boots Male Genesis

Sushi Times Two

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited January 2016
    barbult said:

At last I have updated my product list and here is my first draw (Numbers are SKU numbers, not my product count!!!!).

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town again for several days, so I'll be slow to get going on this. All this being gone is getting old. I need my DAZ and RRRR! Since I use a desktop, DAZing only happens at home.

1. Ornamental Walls & Ceilings 20849
    2. Fountain of Health 18234
    3. Pink Oak Room DS 18637
    4. Fan and Reticule Set 20723
    5. Big Bill Trailer DS 16489 (LB)
    6. Nocturnal for Genesis 2 Female(s) 17270 (LB)

Tag: barbult #1

Title: Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics: The air conditioner always breaks on the hottest day of the year.

Thank goodness Big Bill has arrived to refill the Fountain of Cooling tank!

Also Used:

• Millennium Dog
    • Classic Canines Combo
    • Blowin' in the Wind (flies)
    • Climate Control (fans)
    • Pink Oak Desk
    • DH Main Floor Guest Room DS (window)
    • Liquid Pack
    • Milena Hair
    • Grassy Grounds Megapack DS
    • Gia
    • V4 Elite Texture Lana
    • Iray Smart Converter and Advanced Skin Managers for Genesis 2

RRRR Dec 2015 Murphy's Law with flies PS.jpg
    2133 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited January 2016

Gopherus #05
    Vandalized Parkside Station
    Technotabby v4
    Toonimal Shark
    Point Pleasant Parkside Point

Out of the Jaws of Death...

And into the Frying Pan!  You got to be really specific when you make a wish.  'Cause anything open to inferpretation WILL be misconstrued.  Tabby wished to be rescued from the shark but neglected to say where she wanted to be rescued to... Someone gave her rescuer a rake for christmas... if you give someone a rake everything starts looking like weeds.  She did get her wish so she shouldn t complain except about the metaphors not being mixed but scrambled!

jaws of death.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 655K
    Post edited by Gopherus on
    edited January 2016

Thanks kyoto kid, Chanteur-de-Vent, Linwelly, MelanieL, Karibou for your comments

Purrkat #3,  Ha!  She doesn t have a father with a shotgun, she s got a tiger!  who undoubtedly knows his intentions.  Well done!
    #4, Close encounters of the 6th kind where you marry an alien?  They ll really have to stop meeting like this!  Good one!
    #5, Leave it to the puppy to be digging up bones!  She truly is shocked.  Nicely done!
    #6, And he picked himself up and asked if she wanted to try it again.  No cowboy would ever complain about getting tangled up with a young woman.  You can see his self assured expression.  Good one!

Kismet2012 #3,  Don t I know it!  And your kid brother could have re gifted it when you weren t looking.  Well done!
    #4,  A fixer upper! Sure hope she s got plenty of gas!  Whatever s coming around the bend just might be something she d just as soon do without.  The main illumination from the headlights gives it that forlorn atmosphere. Nice one!

Chanteur-de-Vent #1,   “What you gonna do with a cowboy when he starts putting’ on his boots and getting’ gone”  Introduce yourself?  we see him thru her eyes on the morning after.  Nice one!

Luci45 #5,  I m betting that the dude didn t count on becoming so popular in the new world with the mushrooms he grew on his roof.  Maybe the mushrooms are the inspiration where all the bright color and texuring came from.  Good one!
    #6, Wow!  Those are some psychedelic threads!  I knew a dude who insisted on a beret and cape and he never matched this guy.  Nicely done!
    #7  Ah! this is the point where santa gets turned into a mouse!  unless he has a nimbus 2016 in his bag of goodies.  Another great one!
    #8   Ha!  Their watch heron let them down and fell asleep on the job.  nice action and expressions!
    #9  I d hate to have their air conditioning and heating bills.  those cathedral ceilings and all that glass would just leak heat like crazy.  This one is truly magnificent with all the depth and roominess.  WR Hearst eat your heart out!

Linwelly #2, in a star wars bar she s lucky to pick up something of her own species.  at least she ll have their sympathy.  Good one!
    #3,  Next time they ll not let her so close to the paintings. those sleeves really whip it!  Well done!

MelanieL #1, He simply must furnish glass slippers for his date… and she doesn t look too shabby the way she’s dressed now!  Nice one!

Karibou #2,  when Glinda heard that they d be serving sandwiches she knew she just had to crash!  Ha!  that is a good place to keep the terminally cheerful!  Well done!

Barbult #1  not to mention the humidity!  sometimes we all wish we had a fountain to pour cooling fluids.  Good one!

Ha ken! They ve busted santa on christmas eve again!  Nice one!!

Sorry to hear about your dog, Totte

Pull #06

Historical Armor V4
    F4 Creature expansion
    Axes of Power
    Army Truck 1930 Plus

edited January 2016

Gopherus #06

Historical Armor V4
    F4 Creature expansion
    Axes of Power
    Army Truck 1930 Plus

The Bridge of Death

She who would cross the Bridge of Death, you see
    Must answer me these questions three, e‘er the other side will see.
    And those who fail to answer me, will be trucked to a place with no TV

What’s your name?  Joan of Camelot
    What’s your quest?  To seek the Holy Grail
    What’s the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Murphy says that the questions will change to impossible ones when you show up.

army truck.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 607K

Gopherus - You have the best imagination! Great cast of characters - # 05 - Damsel in distress... rescued by molten,lava man!  #06 - My lady has a large weapon, it's a good thing Mr. leprechaun has a body guard. Also, thank you for your comments.

barbult - That poor dog, is very convincing.

edited January 2016

Grimlens

DAZ Dragon 3

SciFi Boots Male Genesis

Sushi Times Two

Also used, Stones OG Skydome, PiSong Lemur, Jepes plates, A Curious Bus Stop.

Tag: purrkat #7

Murphy's Law #8 - "Whatever you want to do now, you have to do something else first."

Light Lunch - Yue found the perfect new home. A cozy, dry, cave tucked inside a mountain top. It's grassy, roof perched over the valley offered a spectacular view and would make a delightful patio. After spending the morning diligently setting it up, by noon, he was ready to try it out with a light lunch. He'd just sat down and pulled his boots off, all ready to put his feet up, when Drake the neighborhood dragon appeared. Also with a light lunch in mind... him. Now he would need to make a run for it, ditch Drake at the lake and then swing back.

LightLunch1.jpg
    1493 x 839 - 1M
    Post edited by purrkat on

Thanks Gopherus and purrkat. I hope everyone understood that the dog is just hot and panting, not dead. I am especially sensitive to that after Totte's recent sad loss.

edited January 2016

Goperus #07

West Park Administration
    IFD Orion Expansion Pack
    Reflections Vanity Set
    Hot Tub

When You Schmoes, You Loes

Mommy, he s got Schmoes in his hair!  Gross!!
    Murphy says the grossness of the kid brother is proportional to the closeness of his sister.

schmoes3.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 826K

Thanks PurrKat for your comments

@PurrKat #7  Wouldn t you know that the neighborhood party crasher s would show up just when you want to relax.  Well done!

@Barbult  I guess the dog would be really wiped out since he can t sweat... the fans wouldn t do him any good.

Pull #08

Vandalized Tube Station
    Stage Magician Props
    Toy Piano
    Paragon Exterior

edited January 2016
    Gopherus said:

Goperus #07

West Park Administration
    IFD Orion Expansion Pack
    Reflections Vanity Set
    Hot Tub

Thar She Blows

Mommy, he s doing it again. Make him stop!  
    Murphy says the grossness of the kid brother is proportional to the closeness of his sister.

(Image removed.)

My husband says "That's nasty!...and I'm going to vote for it!!!" laugh

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited January 2016

I ve changed the image... but i think all i really needed to do is change the yellow color to white... and include in the caption that he s spraying his sister with the air jets from the sauna.  just a matter more of perception than substance.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited January 2016

Tag: Totte #4 

Totte said:

#4354 Real Feel Double Layered T-Shirt for Genesis (#15473) (clothes)
    #5418 Teen Jayden 6 Pro Bundle (#18092) (face-palm, a bundle)

{
        Teen Jayden 6
        Gabriel
        Cargo Shorts and Tee for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Internship Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Day by Day for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Smart Hair
        Basic Cool Poses for Teen Jayden 6
        FW Ash - Character and Accessories
        Colin
        Skate Park Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) *not used*
        Trendy College Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Parkour Wear for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Brit Hair for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Surfer Hair
        BWC Cool Teen Jayden 6 Poses
    }
    #222 Almstübli (#4747) Old internal prop
    #1226 Danyel Hair (#10020) Hair
    LB1 #4161 PowerStar Final (#14413) Huge environment set
    LB2 #5132 Spectrum Generation 4 (#11352) (Gen 4 skin texture maker)
    LB2 #5815 Trendy College Outfit Textures (#17983) (clothing textures)

Also Used:
    Powerstar Command
    PowerStar
    (Aliens) M4 + Creature Creator + GOM Orcs (skin) + (LB2 #5132) + (#1226 Danyel Hair (#10020)) M4 Ensign
    Brian Hair
    P3DTom + Double Layered T-Shirt for Genesis + #4354 Real Feel Double Layered T-Shirt for Genesis (#15473) + %0s Casual for Male + Inebriated Poses for M5

Shaders:
    Iray Glass Shaders
    UHT Iray Hair Shaders
    EcVh0 Daily Cloth Shaders
    Iray Real Light
    PC Metals
    PBS Shader Vol 1
    Iray Converter for Genesis

Murphy's Law on random samples - you always get the wrong samples.

They travelled 25 000 lightyears, they found an inhabited planet, they let their computer randomly pick a dwelling and it's inhabitors to beam to the ship and they set off home again, without knowing they picked a cabin with a half dozen stoned and drunk college boys.

random_pick.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 471K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    Totte said:

Tag: Totte #4 

Totte said:

#4354 Real Feel Double Layered T-Shirt for Genesis (#15473) (clothes)
    #5418 Teen Jayden 6 Pro Bundle (#18092) (face-palm, a bundle)

{
        Teen Jayden 6
        Gabriel
        Cargo Shorts and Tee for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Internship Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Day by Day for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Smart Hair
        Basic Cool Poses for Teen Jayden 6
        FW Ash - Character and Accessories
        Colin
        Skate Park Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) *not used*
        Trendy College Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Parkour Wear for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Brit Hair for Genesis 2 Male(s)
        Surfer Hair
        BWC Cool Teen Jayden 6 Poses
    }
    #222 Almstübli (#4747) Old internal prop
    #1226 Danyel Hair (#10020) Hair
    LB1 #4161 PowerStar Final (#14413) Huge environment set
    LB2 #5132 Spectrum Generation 4 (#11352) (Gen 4 skin texture maker)
    LB2 #5815 Trendy College Outfit Textures (#17983) (clothing textures)

Also Used:
    Powerstar Command
    PowerStar
    (Aliens) M4 + Creature Creator + GOM Orcs (skin) + (LB2 #5132) + (#1226 Danyel Hair (#10020)) M4 Ensign
    Brian Hair
    P3DTom + Double Layered T-Shirt for Genesis + #4354 Real Feel Double Layered T-Shirt for Genesis (#15473) + %0s Casual for Male + Inebriated Poses for M5

Shaders:
    Iray Glass Shaders
    UHT Iray Hair Shaders
    EcVh0 Daily Cloth Shaders
    Iray Real Light
    PC Metals
    PBS Shader Vol 1
    Iray Converter for Genesis

Murphy's Law on random samples - you always get the wrong samples.

They travelled 25 000 lightyears, they found an inhabited planet, they let their computer randomly pick a dwelling and it's inhabitors to beam to the ship and they set off home again, without knowing they picked a cabin with a half dozen stoned and drunk college boys.

I don't know....

I'm inclined to think they got exactly the right samples!  (Closer to the reality.)

edited January 2016

@Totte #4  Good one Totte!  I ll bet the aliens will never be the same after their citizens start emulating the antics of the frat boys.

Gopherus #08

Vandalized Tube Station
    Stage Magician Props
    Toy Piano
    Paragon Exterior

Marketing Surveys

Emily Litella just couldn t understand it.  She heard of a marketing survey that found that a large number of men wanted a twelve inch piano player.  So she stocked up her stand at the Paragon Swap Meet.  But not a single customer.  What could it be?  Murphy says that all marketing surveys should be taken with a grain of salt, that their findings vary on the actual wording of the questions.

piano00.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 687K