RRRR - Murphy’s Law Render Contest *closed*

Comments

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 2015

Rather off-topic, I'll admit, but....

Many of you RRRR veterans will no doubt have seen this coming a mile away (since I do it every damn year!) but, as we approach Christmas, well, it has become something of a tradition for me, so here goes:

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, and a New Year filled with wealth, health, happiness, and love!

Title: And the Career of the World's Most Notorious Second-Story Man Finally Comes to an End

Christmas2012_01a.png
    800 x 600 - 593K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,508

Haha Ken - he is your Kenny ;)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 2015

Thank you, Ken! This is my absolute favorite render of yours! Besides the funny, great composition and lighting!

Downloading for my desktop.

Post edited by luci45 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 2015

Hey Ken: you **@*!**##**" - you-ve gone and arrested Santa and I haven't had my presents delivered yet! crying Nice pic, I love that sheepish-looking reindeer by the wall, and the one who seems to be checking that noone is looking before stealing the police car. Best holiday and New Year wishes to you too (and to everyone else who's reading this).

And thanks for your comments Luci - she may be young, but she's old enough to have got disillusioned about princes!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Thanks to Purrkat, MelanieL , Kismet, karibou and luci45 for your comments, I'm sure the girl will find another party for the night.

MelanieL#1: I'm sure she will look gorgious in a drape from his cape, lovely dark skin!

Purrkat#4: I sense a beautiful love story, he is stalling his arrow and she just needs to take off that mask, great light!

Karibou#2: a yes those can be annoying, especially at 7am when one is hardly awake

haha, Ken this is the best! love that.

• purrkatpurrkat Posts: 134

Karibou - Cheerful co-worker - Great colors! A happy person in her own bubble! I like it... now, I know what I want for Christmas. I want a happy person bubble... dear Santa...

Ken Obanion - Wow, Santa arrested... so... you're the Grinch! I guess, Rudolf will have to bail him out. Looks like the classic #1, Murphy's Law - If it can go wrong - it will and at the worst possible moment... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Thank you Karibou, MelanieL, luci45,and Linwelly for your comments.

Pull #5

Cats Meow Hair G2F

Them Bones

Falnders Poppy

Snowlands PAK for WorldBase

edited December 2015
    luci45 said:

Thank you, Ken! This is my absolute favorite render of yours! Besides the funny, great composition and lighting!

I'm flattered!

And completely fair; after all, I downloaded your Continuum Adjustment.  In fact, it's the desktop wallpaper on my Mac!

(Edited to prove it!  Look familiar?)

IMG_0076.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Ken -- I suppose it's about time that he's arrested for a few billion counts of breaking and entering... But the bigger question is WHO WILL CARE FOR THE REINDEER??  I will have to start a rescue.  The Karibou Caribou rehabilitation, recovery and resettlement rescue.  (KC-RRRR).

Hee-hee!!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,151
    Karibou said:

Ken -- I suppose it's about time that he's arrested for a few billion counts of breaking and entering... But the bigger question is WHO WILL CARE FOR THE REINDEER??  I will have to start a rescue.  The Karibou Caribou rehabilitation, recovery and resettlement rescue.  (KC-RRRR).

Hee-hee!!

Awesome! Let's see a render of this. laugh

barbult said:
    Karibou said:

Hee-hee!!

Awesome! Let's see a render of this. laugh

Let's make a theme about that some day ;-)

• Render reindeer?

Render reindeer?

Render dear reindeer in the rain?

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 2015

@purrkat - Life can change in an instant.  I hope she is good at negotiating.

@Karibou  - I bet Bastinda wanted to burst that bubble with a pin.  I know I would.  devil

@KenOBanion - Someone's getting coal in their stocking this year.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
    edited December 2015

Pull #3

316 - D.I.Y. Portrait Lights for DS4

977 – Millennium SubDragon Poses

702  - Hilly Surround

1054 – Nyoko Pigtail Hair

Random numbers generated Dec 6 2015 at 9:57:49 by www.psychicscience.org 

Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

I've been so busy at work I wanted to make sure I actually had time to create something before posting my pull.

Tag:  Kismet2012 #3

Title:  Where is that DVD?

Murphy's Law:  You can never find something when you really need it.

Taric knew that Flying with Dragons DVD was in here somewhere.  It was his daughter's favourite and he just had to find it.  She'd kill him if she knew he had stored it for safe keeping in the old barn.  Maybe it's in this box? 

Whre is that DVD.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 545K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Great!

My mother always says "The one who searches finds, and sometimes even what is being searched for

Totte said:

Great!

My mother always says "The one who searches finds, and sometimes even what is being searched for

Thanks Totte. 

Your Mother is a smart woman.

Pull #4

1445 – Textures for Winter Flower ( repull – do not own Winter Flower )

165 – BWC Native American Poses

108 – Barn Yard

817 – Latex Shaders

1229 – Rope Sandal for V5

Random numbers generated Dec 19 2015 at 19:45:59 by www.psychicscience.org 

Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

luci45 said:

I'm flattered!

And completely fair; after all, I downloaded your Continuum Adjustment.  In fact, it's the desktop wallpaper on my Mac

(Edited to prove it!  Look familiar?)

Thanks, Ken. Wow. I think that's still the best one I've done and it's a fe years old. So much for progress... LOL. 

edited December 2015

tag: luci45 #7

Christmas is Coming

Crespins law of observation: The probability of being observed is in direct proportion to the stupidity of ones actions

While taking advantage of a late season sale at the Magic Shoppe on what was left of Halloween cotumes, the Witch Balea tried on a semi-topless Cleopatra costume. 
    "It's just for fun," she told salesgirl Joselle. "Hahaha, it is a bit risque for my taste and not too flattering on a mature figure."
    Before Balea could change back into her more dignified attire, Ms Yultide and her cohorts burst into the shop, ready to  take over the shop for the Christmas season. 
    "Aren't you just a little early?" Balea shrieked. 

MFD for Genesis Expansion Pack 2
    Cleopatra Outfit
    Men at Work Poses
    Glamour & Darkness for Emotions
    Out of the Forest (LB)
    Guillaume Hair for Genesis and M4 (LB)
    Bat - Silverkey3d  (LB)
    Candle Collection (LB)
    Gila Monster (LB)

Also Used:
    Teen Josie, Giselle and a bunch of other morphs
    Teen Josie texture
    Pd Iray Shader Kit 1
    Jade Hair
    Victorian Nurse Shoes
    Leather and Fur Shaders
    UHT Hair Shaders for Iray
    Unshaven Beard for Genesis
    Mec4D Unshaven 2 for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Genesis Creature Creator Morphs
    Victoria 5
    Gabriella
    Mage Tower Books 
    Voodoo Hut dolls
    Magic Shoppe
    Vintage Tiles and Carpet Shaders
    Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray
    Hector Texture
    Charmed 
    Sandy Hair
    Peterken for Genesis 2 Male(s) Jester Shoes
    Kaylee Textures
    Redhouse Christmas Carol background
    Redhouse Christmas Carol Exp 1
    Santa Delux Suit
    Princess of Yule
    Shaw for M4

christmas is coming.jpg
    2100 x 1400 - 793K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,151
    luci45 said:

tag: luci45 #7

Christmas is Coming

Crespins law of observation: The probability of being observed is in direct proportion to the stupidity of ones actions

Luci! Luci!!! I do so love your images!!!!! This one is great and seasonal, too.

• The look on Santa's face suggests he don't mind...

The look on Santa's face suggests he don't mind...

He would if Mrs. Claus had been there.

Karibou - KC-RRRR - very clever! LOL

Kismet2012 - Been there done that ... like, all the time. Great setup

Luci45 - Love Balea's pose and expression - priceless. Santa's cool, but Ms Yultide... I'm thinking this story, is soon to be all over town.

edited December 2015

Cats Meow hair G2F

Them Bones

Flanders Poppy

Snowlands PAK for WorldBase

Also used: Merlin, Infinite Gardens furniture, Gatwyck, Marketplace table, DAZ studio shed tools, Mill Puppy, Mill cat, Conservatory, Oskarsson Duffle Dream, Western Outlaw gloves, G2F teen Josie 6.

Tag: purrkat #5

Murphy's Law # 17 - "If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

Christmas Surprise - Jenna planned to make her grandmother, who hated winter, a surprise present of pots filled with spring flowers. Her mother helped her sneak everything into the summer greenhouse. Then she volunteered to take the puppy out for a walk. But, not before grandma surprised her with the traditional, holiday headwear. What had delighted her at five, was at fifteen embarrassing. At least this years cat ears, were better than last years flashing antlers.

Scraping around the rocks in the dirt bin, she was able to fill two pots without getting any dirt on herself. Everything was going so well... she was just finishing up the second pot, when the puppy, jumped into the dirt box. Jenna turned to shout - NO! Bad dog! You'll make a mess... but the words stuck in her throat. As she saw for the first time, that what she had assumed to be rocks, was a skeleton! Grandma was always telling stories about the families ghosts. "Skeletons in the closet", she would say...

Could this be Great Uncle Albert, whose body was never found?

Christmas Surprise.jpg
    1002 x 563 - 482K
    Post edited by purrkat on

@purrkat - That sound like the synopsis of a good murder mystery.  Love the expression on Jenna's face.

Thanks, barbult! And thank you, purrkat. FirstBastion and Kismet2012, it might not be the real Santa. 
    Kismet2012 #3 - Very nice render and use of pull. 
    purrkat #5 - Excellent render and story!

Pull #8:
    Nocturnal for Onyx Fem
    Purple Heron
    Victoria 4 for Genesis 2
    US Truck - Poser 
    Streets of Asia (LB)
    Cookware Set (LB)
    Pivotal Moment Poses for Genesis and Genesis 2 Male(s) (LB)
    Jade Hair Genesis (LB)
    Forever Michael -m2 (LB)

It's gonna be weird... cheeky

luci45 said:

It's gonna be weird... cheeky

We expect nothing less from you! wink

Thank you Kismet2012 - I was thinking "Nancy Drew"... Thanks luci45 - your weird ones, are usually your best.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Just passing by, so I thought I'd take a look at the latest:

Linwelly - thanks for your comments
    Kismet2012 #3 - great idea, but it doesn't surprise me at all, in my experience it takes a woman to find anything that's been "put away for safekeeping"!
    luci45 #7 - another Luci classic, nice expressions (especially Santa's)
    purrkat #5 - lovely render, nice PoV - a murder mystery? Or perhaps the pup will get rid of the evidence?

Thanks MelanieL, dog with a bone - he'll rebury it.

Pull #6

Wild West M3 Cowboy

Midway fun PS

The Candy Factory

Carhop for Genesis Female