No mouse and keyboard navigation in DAZStudio 6?

I move the camera of the active viewport like a FPS in DAZ 4: hit WASD and turn rthe camera with the mouse. Apparently this doesn't work in DAZ, I can either use the keys or turn the camera with the mouse. I somehow feel that this is a user error - but what am I doing wrong>?

Comments

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,758

    It doesn't track the mouse movements automatically, that would be very awkward with needing to move the mouse to other areas of the UI, but I have no issue with using the keyboard to translate and modifier-drag to rotate.

  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 294

    In DAZ 4 I have to click Orbit View with the Right Mouse Button and keeop it pushed while hitting WAS or D. But in DAZ 6 once I do the latter the mouse inputs are no longer registered.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,758

    Well, I see what you mean - but even in DS 4 it is unreliable in my quick try. It doesn't completely fail in DS 6, though it is even more unreliable.

  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 294

    Oh bummer, this is a deal breaker for me, because I do not find it unreliable at all but use this method exclusively since a started using DAZ eight years ago

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,758
    edited October 3

    Post to one of the DS 6 threads (probably the beta, to be clear that it is a current issue). Viewport navigation does seem to have issues still, in my experience, so it is possible there is an opening that might allow them to modify this - depending on development implications and priorities, of course, about which i know nothing. I would suggest giving thema  video, ideally made with soemthing that can capture keyboard/mouse evvents so that they can see what you are doing.

    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
Sign In or Register to comment.