Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoinger still further thread

1…282930313234»

Comments

  • Has anyonie picked up the HDRI generator in today's new releases?  https://www.daz3d.com/hdri-wizard--skyscape-generator-for-daz-studio.  Given the price point I'm curious if it is as good as it sounds before I consider picking it up.  I've found many nighttime HDRIs I've found on the internet are awful so I'm particularly interested if nighttime HDRIs are doable in this and how simple they are to do.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,372

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    too many people ask who the model is

    perhaps PAs selling clothes get sick of that

    They have a simple solution for that. State it explicitly. Even "Customization of Victoria 9 and other figures" is better than silence. And it can't take more than a minute or two to add that to their ad copy.

    I take external notes about most of my scenes as I make them so if I need to recreate it later, I know what was used to get there. If I were a figure PA, I'd write the store page copy as early as possible so I wouldn't need to figure it out later.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,950

    Anybody knows, why shoulder straps are so narrow on
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wrap-slit-dress-for-genesis-9
    How such cloth could be comfortable to wear and use.

     

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,183
    edited September 29

    dennisgray41 said:

    I like it. I may buy it. But those black and white promo images are hard to see. Why are so many promo images done on black gen 9 basic manniquins suddenly? They never really do much to sell the product. Showing the movement morphs I understand to meet TOS, but all or most of the images? Of an item with so many color variations? 

    Sickleyield said on her Deviantart's account, in relation to one of her recent chains or ropes products, that using mannequin offered more leeway.

    It's also likely faster to create a scene with a mannequin, which should render faster, than with a textured figures.

    But I agree, a bit more contrast between the mannequin and the background would make these renders easier on the eyes.

    Post edited by Elor on
  • AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 559

    https://www.daz3d.com/nepalese-food-collection

    This time it's Nepal! Everything was great except the rice looked terrible.

    https://www.daz3d.com/xi-street-of-denmark

    I've never been to Europe, but the street vendors here are exquisite, an element rarely seen in other "XI Street of xxx"

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,580

    Nath said:

    richardandtracy said:

    I do like XI Street of Denmark, though I've got to say it reminds me more of Bergen in Norway than the parts of Denmark I've been to.

    Regards

    Richard

    To me, it looks like a somewhat stylised/inspired by of Nyhavn in Copenhagen. 

    That’s what it reminded me of too (though it's been very long since I visited there)

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,580

    AsuCafe said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/nepalese-food-collection

    This time it's Nepal! Everything was great except the rice looked terrible.

    I agree, the rice looks weird but the rest looks pretty good.

  • dennisgray41 said:

    dForce Tie Style Crop Top And Skirt for Genesis 9 dForce Tie Style Crop Top And Skirt for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

    I like it. I may buy it. But those black and white promo images are hard to see. Why are so many promo images done on black gen 9 basic manniquins suddenly? They never really do much to sell the product. Showing the movement morphs I understand to meet TOS, but all or most of the images? Of an item with so many color variations? 

    I thought it was because the rules changed again in not allowed to show certain body parts/areas again and instead have to show on clay figure or black/white barbie doll maniquin

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,960

    richardandtracy said:

    I do like XI Street of Denmark, though I've got to say it reminds me more of Bergen in Norway than the parts of Denmark I've been to.

    Regards

    Richard

    It's pretty at first glance, but more impressed if 1.) it was actually a street as advertised and not a clearly pedestrian only wharf/boardwalk that actually seems to be inexplicably blocked off from any streets, 2.) the buildings at the corner weren't stacked right on top of each othe so that the windows of one are half blocked off by the other building, 3.) all of the signage wasn't all in English only instead of Danish with English translations, 4.) two of the restaurants weren't simply lazily named Restaurant, and 5.) there weren't four identical hot dog stands in the space of a single block... and also, 6.) the plural for hot dogs in Denmark is hotdogger, not hot dogs. 

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,960

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    too many people ask who the model is

    perhaps PAs selling clothes get sick of that

    And when the answer is "a custom character", the subsequent demands to make that character available. 

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,960

    Artini said:

    Anybody knows, why shoulder straps are so narrow on
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wrap-slit-dress-for-genesis-9
    How such cloth could be comfortable to wear and use.

     

    They're called spaghetti straps and they're extremely common on women's apparel, especially formal wear.  And yes, they're often very uncomfotable, just as high heeled shoes are miserable to wear and cause permanent damage to the feet.  A great deal of women's fashion is all about looking good, not feeling good.  

  • kimhkimh Posts: 409

    joshua.r.fletcher said:

    Has anyonie picked up the HDRI generator in today's new releases?  https://www.daz3d.com/hdri-wizard--skyscape-generator-for-daz-studio.  Given the price point I'm curious if it is as good as it sounds before I consider picking it up.  I've found many nighttime HDRIs I've found on the internet are awful so I'm particularly interested if nighttime HDRIs are doable in this and how simple they are to do.

     

    I haven't tried them yet but I did decided to pick it up as well as the cloud bridge. With an additional 45% off with tokens and then 15% off with a gift certificate it came to roughly $45 for both. 

  • as soon as I saw M3D Yanzhi HD for Genesis 9 I thought it was Stuart as an old man 

    https://www.daz3d.com/m3d-yanzhi-hd-for-genesis-9

    M3D Yanzhi HD for Genesis 9 by: Matari3D, 3D Models by Daz 3D  HBO Max Is Quietly Releasing The Most Bizarrely Good Sci-Fi Spinoff Of The Year

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,372

    When did the "you left something in your cart" emails start? I received one for stuff I put in my cart at Daz 1am at Daz 3am. Huh?

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,580

    jmucchiello said:

    When did the "you left something in your cart" emails start? I received one for stuff I put in my cart at Daz 1am at Daz 3am. Huh?

    They’ve been there for quite some time already. You can configure them in the "alerts" section of your account page

  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,788

    Cybersox said:

    Artini said:

    Anybody knows, why shoulder straps are so narrow on
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wrap-slit-dress-for-genesis-9
    How such cloth could be comfortable to wear and use.

     

    They're called spaghetti straps and they're extremely common on women's apparel, especially formal wear.  And yes, they're often very uncomfotable, just as high heeled shoes are miserable to wear and cause permanent damage to the feet.  A great deal of women's fashion is all about looking good, not feeling good.  

    I think, like many high heels, these spaghetti straps don't even look good either. They usually make the shoulder area seem much too bulky, are not in good proportion to the rest of the dress and thus destroy the proportions. But strangely enough, they are considered sexy. My personal impression.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,950

    caravelle said:

    Cybersox said:

    Artini said:

    Anybody knows, why shoulder straps are so narrow on
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wrap-slit-dress-for-genesis-9
    How such cloth could be comfortable to wear and use.

     

    They're called spaghetti straps and they're extremely common on women's apparel, especially formal wear.  And yes, they're often very uncomfotable, just as high heeled shoes are miserable to wear and cause permanent damage to the feet.  A great deal of women's fashion is all about looking good, not feeling good.  

    I think, like many high heels, these spaghetti straps don't even look good either. They usually make the shoulder area seem much too bulky, are not in good proportion to the rest of the dress and thus destroy the proportions. But strangely enough, they are considered sexy. My personal impression.

    Thank you very much for the answer.

    I have imagined, that such clothes are cosidered fashion/sexy,

    but as a male, could not judge the common opinions.

    Another mystery of the life.

     

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,372

    Leana said:

    jmucchiello said:

    When did the "you left something in your cart" emails start? I received one for stuff I put in my cart at Daz 1am at Daz 3am. Huh?

    They’ve been there for quite some time already. You can configure them in the "alerts" section of your account page

    Yesterday was the first time I've seen one and in this case it was for something just two hours old. I leave stuff in my cart all day sometimes.

  • Artini said:

    caravelle said:

    Cybersox said:

    Artini said:

    Anybody knows, why shoulder straps are so narrow on
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wrap-slit-dress-for-genesis-9
    How such cloth could be comfortable to wear and use.

     

    They're called spaghetti straps and they're extremely common on women's apparel, especially formal wear.  And yes, they're often very uncomfotable, just as high heeled shoes are miserable to wear and cause permanent damage to the feet.  A great deal of women's fashion is all about looking good, not feeling good.  

    I think, like many high heels, these spaghetti straps don't even look good either. They usually make the shoulder area seem much too bulky, are not in good proportion to the rest of the dress and thus destroy the proportions. But strangely enough, they are considered sexy. My personal impression.

    Thank you very much for the answer.

    I have imagined, that such clothes are cosidered fashion/sexy,

    but as a male, could not judge the common opinions.

    Another mystery of the life.

     

    very common here down under 

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,950

    Will need to be more fashionable in my renders,
    because that’s what really counts.
    Due to recent offer I were able to purchase:
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-venus-hair-for-genesis-9
    Very nice hair made by Toyen.

  • AsuCafe said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/nepalese-food-collection

    This time it's Nepal! Everything was great except the rice looked terrible.


    Working on it, I published a new set of rice materials, once it is reviewed and accepted, two new materials will enhance the rice which, in retrospect, didn't look that good. Thank you for your insight. It is highly appreciated.

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,580

    jmucchiello said:

    Leana said:

    jmucchiello said:

    When did the "you left something in your cart" emails start? I received one for stuff I put in my cart at Daz 1am at Daz 3am. Huh?

    They’ve been there for quite some time already. You can configure them in the "alerts" section of your account page

    Yesterday was the first time I've seen one and in this case it was for something just two hours old. I leave stuff in my cart all day sometimes.

    I think it's supposed to be sent when the offer on some item in the cart is about to expire so you have a chance to purchase it at the current price, but I might be wrong (I disabled cart notifications long ago so I have no email history to check).
    Or maybe they were broken before and Daz just fixed them ;)

  • joannajoanna Posts: 2,798

    I really like Midnight Witch Dress: it's simple, but looks well made (vs. "simple with cheap textures"), and it doesn't have that one odd sexy thing like a cutout at the bottom of the back side, or nipple holes, or something else. Just a simple verstaile outfit.

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,580

    joanna said:

    I really like Midnight Witch Dress: it's simple, but looks well made (vs. "simple with cheap textures"), and it doesn't have that one odd sexy thing like a cutout at the bottom of the back side, or nipple holes, or something else. Just a simple verstaile outfit.

    I agree, it’s really nice dress
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,950

    Just wonder if this new plugin:
    https://www.daz3d.com/bj-content-history-plugin
    can save the recorded content history in some file
    or the history is gone after closing up Daz Studio.

     

  • omvendtomvendt Posts: 206

    Artini said:

    I actually like https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-elegant-double-braids-hair-for-genesis-9
    The hairline in front is very nice and looks great.
    Some creators does not care so much about hairline,
    but for me it is very important.
    Too bad, I have already purchased many hairs with the pigtails,
    so this one goes to my wishlist at the moment.

    I like the hair, but have spent too much on Daz this past year. I have noticed that hair (as in this case) is often tied off with hair. A hair hair-band, if you like. I wonder why they don't ship the hair with elastic bands... Is there a good reason that I am missing?

     

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,671
    edited 12:53PM

    omvendt said:

    Artini said:

    I actually like https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-elegant-double-braids-hair-for-genesis-9
    The hairline in front is very nice and looks great.
    Some creators does not care so much about hairline,
    but for me it is very important.
    Too bad, I have already purchased many hairs with the pigtails,
    so this one goes to my wishlist at the moment.

    I like the hair, but have spent too much on Daz this past year. I have noticed that hair (as in this case) is often tied off with hair. A hair hair-band, if you like. I wonder why they don't ship the hair with elastic bands... Is there a good reason that I am missing?

     

     you can buy elasticated hair bands covered in fake hair, I have some, but my hair now too short for them

    some have buns or braids attached too

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz at
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 10,172

    Artini said:

    Just wonder if this new plugin:
    https://www.daz3d.com/bj-content-history-plugin
    can save the recorded content history in some file
    or the history is gone after closing up Daz Studio.

     

    According to the product PDF:

    Content History items and tabs are saved automatically and will persist across Daz Studio sessions.

    It seems that one can Export/Import Content History Data as well.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,950

    DoctorJellybean said:

    Artini said:

    Just wonder if this new plugin:
    https://www.daz3d.com/bj-content-history-plugin
    can save the recorded content history in some file
    or the history is gone after closing up Daz Studio.

     

    According to the product PDF:

    Content History items and tabs are saved automatically and will persist across Daz Studio sessions.

    It seems that one can Export/Import Content History Data as well.

    That is great. I need something simple for DS6 to make conversions with
    https://www.daz3d.com/c66-figure-splitter
    and do not search myself for the contents place in DS6.
    Unfortunately C66 Figure Splitter does not work
    in my DS 4.24.0.3, so I need DS6 just for the conversions.
    I mostly use DS4 for my needs.

     

  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,854

    DoctorJellybean said:

    Artini said:

    Just wonder if this new plugin:
    https://www.daz3d.com/bj-content-history-plugin
    can save the recorded content history in some file
    or the history is gone after closing up Daz Studio.

     

    According to the product PDF:

    Content History items and tabs are saved automatically and will persist across Daz Studio sessions.

    It seems that one can Export/Import Content History Data as well.

    so it's an upated version of BJ Selection History Plugin but now includes thumbnails?  https://www.daz3d.com/bj-selection-history-plugin?srsltid=AU7gw4V_5mLmeUtJp-J4cIudNPlXvBgJ7z-ilbJZSa-DAjVbZekBdS9m

Sign In or Register to comment.