The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You do know that according to some legends, Centaurs were the inventors of brewing...

He looks like he needs a mug of ale...or maybe has had quite a few of them in the past.

• I think he started with a mug of ale and never stopped!  LOL! 

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited November 2015
    carrie58 said:

heheheehe 3d has broke me I keep trying to look at the other side of pictures .........I like Break ,McG he a kind of clydedalish figure....

Break, and others, will return.  I liked the Break character and he plays a continuing role in Xai's world.  He IS her cousin after all!   And is fiercely determined to help and protect her, one of his few surviving relatives. Or so he thinks!  Maybe he thinks Xai is as helpless as a little chickadee to a cunning cat?   Don't forget, she was raised by Elves in an Elvish land of an Elvish lifestyle.  Including their martial arts!  I should develop my characters now, as I really do enjoy this part!  cheeky

All the Centaurs I am familiar with in the cartoon shows and movies through the decades formed a lasting impression for me.  The Greeks apparently judged them harshly, and called them uncouth drunken louts with nothing but rape on their minds!  There was one though, who was very well educated, wise and caring.  He raised a certain Hero of Lore from a young age.  wink   What I find disturbing though, is that in all the ancient history and art, the classic sculptures, bas reliefs and all, never show a FEMALE Centaur.  And poor me, I happen to LIKE Females!  laugh

Post edited by McGrandpa on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited November 2015

I think the lack of females may have contributed to the wholedrunken ,uncouthness and the whole ubducting human females .........ubducting ,that just doesn't look right ,oh well you know what I mean ,no self respecting female centaur would put up with that behavior  .........and she has 4 hooves .......

oh yeah and if you look at mythology, seems like all of the worst behaviors of man were shared and magnified ,by the gods and mythical creatures .......what was that all about ???

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    carrie58 said:

I think the lack of females may have contributed to the wholedrunken ,uncouthness and the whole ubducting human females .........ubducting ,that just doesn't look right ,oh well you know what I mean ,no self respecting female centaur would put up with that behavior  .........and she has 4 hooves .......

oh yeah and if you look at mythology, seems like all of the worst behaviors of man were shared and magnified ,by the gods and mythical creatures .......what was that all about ???

That the Ancient Greeks had dirty minds and thought everyone else did too...

edited November 2015

Ahhh that explains it  ,ancient Romans weren't much better ........ or should I say they were much more earthy then ,society is now .......

• Troo Dat ALL!   I however, still feeling concern as to the lack of females of a species, went and consulted with WikiPedia with the term "Female Centaur" and got quite a surprise.  Centaur is apparently the male of the species, and Centauride is the female of the same species.  Ha!  Go look it up, lots of very interesting information about these folk of myth!

• Shakespear mentioned female centaurs in King Lear act 4 scene 6  "Down from the waist they're centaurs, / Though women all above"

edited November 2015

Which, I betcha, is what Walt Disney picked up on for Fantasia with his 'Centaurettes'!   He did know the classics I think.

Gee, filled the afternoon with "research" and I'm tired now.   Supper then sleep!  :) 

• I like Break:  broadening the body-type profile is very good.

edited November 2015

Break, the one in that sway back image, took all of ten minutes to create in both MilHorse and M4.  If you have an idea what you want to see, you can get that pretty quick with dials.  :)  

edit to add:  also, the MilHorse definitely needs the morphs in the full version.  Can't get things like Break with the LE.   Well I'm OFF to create the CENtaurs! 

Okay I have come to the conclusion that I HATE PACKING!!!  .......I am never gonna move again ....or if I do I'm burning all the old stuff and I'll learn to do without!! okay so maybe that would be a bit drastic .......ugh!!

• carrie58 said:

Okay I have come to the conclusion that I HATE PACKING!!!  .......I am never gonna move again ....or if I do I'm burning all the old stuff and I'll learn to do without!! okay so maybe that would be a bit drastic .......ugh!!

I hear ya. Just done the moving thing my self and still unpacking

It's been 20 years since I've had to do this moving stuff , I wish I was a centaur ,then I could carry more ......

• Packing is ok.  Unpacking is ok.  Discovering all the stuff that did NOT get packed is upsetting!   Me was moved up here 4 years ago, and I have come to see that after three moves, 3/4 of my stuff, at the mercy of my kids, is lost to me for eternity.  :o(

• McGrandpa said:

Packing is ok.  Unpacking is ok.  Discovering all the stuff that did NOT get packed is upsetting!   Me was moved up here 4 years ago, and I have come to see that after three moves, 3/4 of my stuff, at the mercy of my kids, is lost to me for eternity.  :o(

Yeah that sucks big time

• My last move was the worst move I'v ever made everything destroyed in fire (Dec 2012) so nothing to move but had to spend five months living in motel's while looking for a place to live and then buying new everything

• Still I feel for both you ladies, most recent of movers!   I am sure you both were looking forward to arriving at your new places, so even if everything isn't in just the right spot at the moment, put it aside a bit, sprawl out on the sofa and relax for a bit, enjoy BEING at the new place!  laughyes  We only go round once, so enjoy each step of the way!   

I can take my own advice:  having to reinstall my entire runtime has more benefits than learning the valuable lesson of BACKITUPBACKITUPBACKITUP!   Yes, I have unearthed things I have bought and totally forgotten about.  Never even installed some of it!   Not to mention some really fabulous freebies as well.  Welcome to the life of a Content Junkie!  LOL!   I have discovered at least half a dozen items I have bought here at DAZ that I never even downloaded yet!  Same for Rendo and DNA.   That is kinda embarassing!  But true.  And in the midst of all this reinstalling, I set it aside and just enjoy a quiet moment doing nothing but cruising in peace.  :o)

• Man I feel for ya Robert.  Bummer having to buy all your stuff all over again.  Happily, YOU survived the fire and we still have you with us! 

Meh !!So far I have been rediscovering things while trying to clean and pack ,things that got tucked out of the way by which ever kid had moved back home ,and taken over a room,or things that had been tucked out of the way when I did the "You gotta take your stuff with you I am not a storage facility"  yes I am .........in fact I have been using 2 sets of sheets and 3 towels cause I couldn't find my others and pretty much figured the others had been adopted by children when they moved out .......nope found 2 clothes baskets FULL of sheets and towels ,buried in a pile of stuff.......

Wow Robert that's rough,I joke about burning everything next time I have to move,but that's totally different from having the place,and everything burn down,cause when you do it by choice you get to save the important things,pictures,memory stuff ,Glad you managed to save you. cause that's important too.

edited December 2015

Okay so things have been pretty dead here ,which is boring I think I finally got my problem with uploading pictures fixed so finally here is the Genesis2 figure and Horse2  which is pretty much just scaled and squished together .....

Now I gotta get back to packing

GenesisDAZ Horse2Centaur Base.png
    588 x 778 - 349K
  • Well it WORKED didn't it?!?!   Heh!   I bought Horse 2 also, but see that I will never have the stuff for it that I do the MilHorse. Horse  2 is a GENESIS FIGURE.  So apparently there will never be anything made to use MilHorse stuff for it.   Horse 2 was a waste of money.  Bah.

McG there is a link to get a remap of Horse2 to take MilHorse textures and there is a clone so you can fit MilHorse's  tack and armour to the MilHorse .......are you sure you don't sometimes just like to grumble???frown

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878
    edited December 2015

Thankfully, since I enjoy centaurs wearing clothes, it's been fairly doable just hiding the merge point. Here are two pics (the second, it's a little hard to see the horse bit due to lighting):

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Balt-Centaur-and-Otters-574016392

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Balt-Otter-and-Centaur-Camp-574662248

(The centaur is G2M + Horse 2)

Post edited by Oso3D on

Very nice Will

My gaming setting from way back in college (~1990s) was heavily inspired by Donna Barr's wondrous 'Stinz' comic book series. Fantasy world (though it had trains and such) where the major races were human, centaurs, otterkin, runners (peaceful dim-witted velociraptors sorta), shades (chameleon-people), and dragons.

I've debated making a webcomic in the setting, but I've only come to feel confident enough in depicting centaurs to really consider it.

http://willbear.deviantart.com/gallery/56904028/Balt for the curious.

edited December 2015

Stinz is worth looking up/getting, if you can find it (I think there are POD options on Amazon? Not sure):

(This is from a story in which Stinz' son is scared of getting his first set of shoes, so Stinz is trying to show him it's not a big deal)

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • Rae134Rae134 Posts: 49
    carrie58 said:

McG there is a link to get a remap of Horse2 to take MilHorse textures and there is a clone so you can fit MilHorse's  tack and armour to the MilHorse .......are you sure you don't sometimes just like to grumble???frown

could you point me to the links? thanks :)

carrie58 said:

Sure I like to grumble, when there is something to grumble about!  What link to remapped Horse2?!?!  :D 

edited January 2016

Stinz is worth looking up/getting, if you can find it (I think there are POD options on Amazon? Not sure):

(This is from a story in which Stinz' son is scared of getting his first set of shoes, so Stinz is trying to show him it's not a big deal)

Will, that is a neat illustrated story!  College?  I got to deal with gaming and college PEOPLE . . . playing Doom, Doom2, Quake 1, 2 and 3, Unreal Tournament.  That was the extent of my doings with college people.  ;o) 

Um, there were two nicknames that described the online communities camps.  Those with cable, and those NOT in a university setting that had cable.  It took a few years for cable to get to my area outside Houston, Tx.  The two nicks were High Ping Whiners and Low Ping Bastiges.  High ping was always dial-up.  LOL!

McG.