Anyone animating in DAZ but rendering in Blender on a remote Linux server?
Hey everyone,
I'm working on a 3D visual novel. I do all my posing and animations with Genesis figures in DAZ Studio (Windows), but I recently got access to a Linux supercomputer where I can render. The catch is that it’s purely Linux and headless, so DAZ won't run there at all - only Blender.
Has anyone here set up a workflow like this? What's the cleanest / laziest way to get scenes from DAZ into Blender without having to spend 30 minutes fixing materials (skin SSS, eyes, hair transparency) on every single scene?
Do you stick to Diffeomorphic, bake to Alembic (.abc), or something else? Any tips or scripts for packing .blend files and rendering them smoothly on Linux via CLI?
Would love to hear how you guys tackle this. Thanks!

Comments
If you animate in DS then Sagan is the way to go. Diffeomorphic is for animation in blender. No idea about the linux setup.
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/428856/
Thanks so much for the tip! I'll give Sagan a test run and see how it works out.
A quick follow-up question regarding the visual output: is there a noticeable difference between the final render in DAZ (Iray) and Blender (Cycles)?
I'm mainly concerned about skin SSS, eye reflections, and lighting/tone mapping. If there is a clear difference in look and feel, is there an established way to match or calibrate Cycles to look as close to Iray as possible (e.g., specific color management profiles, shader tweaks, or add-on settings)?
Yes, there is. Tone mapping is different, as DS uses a different model than Blender. If you leave the tone mapping at default in DS then it is similar to the standard view in blender, but not exactly the same. Skin conversion is quite good if you use the BSDF material method with iray skin in Diffeomorphic, as Sagan needs Diffeomorphic installed for materials. Lights and cameras are converted quite fine, including DOF.
You may need to experiment a little to find the settings you like best.
Thanks for the helpful explanation! I'll take your advice and experiment with the settings. Appreciate your help!