Daz Studio 6 Beta - version 6.25.2026.19821! (Updated July 23, 2026)

1…787980818284»

Comments

  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    Stellar said:

    DLSS 5 on daz3d ?

    Well sort of laugh

    dlss5_1.png
    2560 x 1367 - 3M
    dlss5_2.png
    2560 x 1367 - 3M
  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,345

    Stellar said:

    DLSS 5 on daz3d ?

    Couldn't you just do this in Unreal if you reall wanted it? I don't think the effort is worth Daz' time. DLSS5 is still half-baked at best.

  • StellarStellar Posts: 49

    Okay, thanks—we'll see. There are always people developing render engines (like Octane Render, for example).

  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

  • bluejaunte said:

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

    Please submit a bug report. 

  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

    Please submit a bug report. 

    So it's a bug?

  • bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

    Please submit a bug report. 

    So it's a bug?

    The bug report is for the devs to see it and to investigate to establish if it is a bug or not. 

  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

    Please submit a bug report. 

    So it's a bug?

    The bug report is for the devs to see it and to investigate to establish if it is a bug or not. 

    Does this mean that reporting stuff in the forum or on Discord is absolutely pointless? Such things will never result in bug reports being submitted by staff? We've been talking about this for months after all. Which served absolutely no purpose apparently.

  • bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

    Please submit a bug report. 

    So it's a bug?

    The bug report is for the devs to see it and to investigate to establish if it is a bug or not. 

    Does this mean that reporting stuff in the forum or on Discord is absolutely pointless? Such things will never result in bug reports being submitted by staff? We've been talking about this for months after all. Which served absolutely no purpose apparently.

    It is not pointless. By submitting a bug report, it is on the system, there is a record of it. 

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,345

    bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

    Please submit a bug report. 

    So it's a bug?

    The bug report is for the devs to see it and to investigate to establish if it is a bug or not. 

    Does this mean that reporting stuff in the forum or on Discord is absolutely pointless? Such things will never result in bug reports being submitted by staff? We've been talking about this for months after all. Which served absolutely no purpose apparently.

    Pointless is a bit strong. But frankly, I think everyone who finds this to be a problem should submit a bug. Just talking about in on the forum, maybe the devs hear about. Maybe the devs give a look. But if a dozen people submit bug reports, I hope that has more weight inside Daz. 

    For example, everyone who complains there's no manual download for DS6 should submit a ticket. This would give Daz numbers of affected people better than posts here on the forum.

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 3,616

    bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bluejaunte said:

    bluejaunte said:

    If it is intended design it's questionable for two reasons. First reason obviously already been discussed, I press a shortcut and nothing happens. Terrible workflow killer But the other reason is that it did not work like that in DS4. Making such a fundamental change from one version to the next makes no sense. Make it optional, and default to off.

    Just to confirm it's still an issue after finally jumping to Win11 and despite clean installing. When in Scene tab, 1 to 0 keys don't work as shortcuts. Regular letters don't either I'm assuming. If at least those letters did something, like jumping to an item whose name starts with that letter like Windows Explorer. But nope, nothing happens. Brilliant design. And then I switch to DS4 and the exact same thing works.

    FIX IT.

    Please submit a bug report. 

    So it's a bug?

    The bug report is for the devs to see it and to investigate to establish if it is a bug or not. 

    Does this mean that reporting stuff in the forum or on Discord is absolutely pointless? Such things will never result in bug reports being submitted by staff? We've been talking about this for months after all. Which served absolutely no purpose apparently.

    There have been many instances where people were experiencing issues that other users or mods here helped them troubleshoot, so it's definitely not "pointless".

    I would view posting here as a pre-bug report step; post here, if no one can help or offer suggestions that fix the issue, then file a bug report. 

    By posting here first, we eliminate a number of "issues" that *aren't* bugs and reduce the number of false bug reports filed, allowing the devs to instead focus on *actual* bugs. 

  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    Yes of course. That was a stupid comment that could be misinterpreted in various ways. I meant pointless in terms of getting someone to actually look at the issue. I got annoyed because months later we still haven't even decided if it's a bug or not. And as a dev I would have logged this as a bug/issue myself instead of asking people months later to do it themselves. It's been reported, log it.

    I strongly suspect it's not even a bug anyway.

  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 3,616

    bluejaunte said:

    Yes of course. That was a stupid comment that could be misinterpreted in various ways. I meant pointless in terms of getting someone to actually look at the issue. I got annoyed because months later we still haven't even decided if it's a bug or not. And as a dev I would have logged this as a bug/issue myself instead of asking people months later to do it themselves. It's been reported, log it.

    I strongly suspect it's not even a bug anyway.

    My apologies if I misinterpeted, and I totally understand your frustration.  

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,345

    I don't think it's a bug either. It could even be a QT change since focus affecting keystrokes in Daz has always been unusual. There's always been an issue with typing into a panel filter if the mouse moves and hovers over some other interface element, for example.

  • plarffplarff Posts: 291

    Supid question, but how do i update or install beta of Studio. I have 6.25.2026.14722.

  • plarff said:

    Supid question, but how do i update or install beta of Studio. I have 6.25.2026.14722.

     If you installed it using DIM, then any updates will automatically show up in DIM.

  • plarffplarff Posts: 291

    DoctorJellybean said:

    plarff said:

    Supid question, but how do i update or install beta of Studio. I have 6.25.2026.14722.

     If you installed it using DIM, then any updates will automatically show up in DIM.

     

    What i thought but doesn't look like it. Even viewing hidden files as per image.

    Studio6 update.png
    1075 x 482 - 56K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,561

    Have you installed a beta before? If not, check that you have the "public build" release channel selected in DIM filters.

  • plarffplarff Posts: 291

    Leana said:

    Have you installed a beta before? If not, check that you have the "public build" release channel selected in DIM filters.

    Thanks. I have it now and installing. 

  • JDJD Posts: 49
    edited September 21

    l agree with Wolfie, bluejaunte, and barbult (and many more users who have mentioned this issue) who wants to revert the hotkey changes. Or at the very least, an option to toggle the use of "Legacy Global Hotkeys" as Wolfie has mentioned is a perfectly fine solution as well.

    This new implementation of hotkeys quite frankly do not work as "shortcuts". Adding in a step doesn't make it a shortcut. It causes friction and it make its annoying to work with when you are in the creative process of creating art. It's one of the reasons why I still keep an ALPHA build instead of using the latest version of Daz 6. However, I am now forced to use Daz 6, as newer plugins are created only for this version. New plugins do not work for the outdated ALPHA build that I wished to stay on.

    I hope the devs implement a solution for the hotkeys to work like they used to. Please.

    (And yes, I just submitted a bug report as Doctorjellybean recommended. Hopefully this works.)

    Post edited by JD on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    Good news I suppose. Apparently it is a bug and is being worked on.

    This is an active bug our team is working to address. Please watch the changelog for updates.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,595
    I sure look forward to that fix!
  • I have a simple scene with two Gen 8.1 figures, a few simple morphs applied on each figure, hair on one figure, and nothing else in the scene. Just a black space with an hdri which is only for lighting. On both Daz Sudio 6 & the Daz Studio 6 Public Build Beta, when I tweak body or gen morphs, whether it be expressions or positions, Daz gives me this error 50% of the time randomly. I don't have any settings configured on the Nvidia end, all of my drivers are correctly installed to their latest updates, my PC doesn't have any issues. I also don't have any memory restrictions or settings within Daz that if changed would cause any performance issues. I've only started running into this issue in Mid 2026 and onwards. Multiple re-installs of Daz have not helped. Also it's particularly bad when trying to animate anything, something about the timeline causes so much trouble to the application that it can't even run without crashing most of the time. Any ideas? 

     

    Rtx 5070 ti, i9-14900k, 36 GB ddr6 6000m/s

    Daz crash .png
    527 x 506 - 32K
    Gpt Daz explanation.png
    781 x 697 - 88K
  • bullet999cuh said:

    I have a simple scene with two Gen 8.1 figures, a few simple morphs applied on each figure, hair on one figure, and nothing else in the scene. Just a black space with an hdri which is only for lighting. On both Daz Sudio 6 & the Daz Studio 6 Public Build Beta, when I tweak body or gen morphs, whether it be expressions or positions, Daz gives me this error 50% of the time randomly. I don't have any settings configured on the Nvidia end, all of my drivers are correctly installed to their latest updates, my PC doesn't have any issues. I also don't have any memory restrictions or settings within Daz that if changed would cause any performance issues. I've only started running into this issue in Mid 2026 and onwards. Multiple re-installs of Daz have not helped. Also it's particularly bad when trying to animate anything, something about the timeline causes so much trouble to the application that it can't even run without crashing most of the time. Any ideas? 

     

    Rtx 5070 ti, i9-14900k, 36 GB ddr6 6000m/s

    Yes, it will hopefully be fixed in the next update. 

  • TotteTotte Posts: 15,178

    First question, does it happen with specific figures or any figure, and what figure if its related to s specific figure? Studio shouldnt go belly up, but it can be some weird/broken weightmap that causes studio to die, just a thought.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,595

    DoctorJellybean said:

    bullet999cuh said:

    I have a simple scene with two Gen 8.1 figures, a few simple morphs applied on each figure, hair on one figure, and nothing else in the scene. Just a black space with an hdri which is only for lighting. On both Daz Sudio 6 & the Daz Studio 6 Public Build Beta, when I tweak body or gen morphs, whether it be expressions or positions, Daz gives me this error 50% of the time randomly. I don't have any settings configured on the Nvidia end, all of my drivers are correctly installed to their latest updates, my PC doesn't have any issues. I also don't have any memory restrictions or settings within Daz that if changed would cause any performance issues. I've only started running into this issue in Mid 2026 and onwards. Multiple re-installs of Daz have not helped. Also it's particularly bad when trying to animate anything, something about the timeline causes so much trouble to the application that it can't even run without crashing most of the time. Any ideas? 

     

    Rtx 5070 ti, i9-14900k, 36 GB ddr6 6000m/s

    Yes, it will hopefully be fixed in the next update. 

    It has been a long time since we got a DS6 Beta update. 

  • Totte said:

    First question, does it happen with specific figures or any figure, and what figure if its related to s specific figure? Studio shouldnt go belly up, but it can be some weird/broken weightmap that causes studio to die, just a thought.

    Just a normal Genesis 8.1 Female with almost no modifications or weightmap changes, all the figure has is a slightly detailed skin, some minor morphs, a gen, and that's it. It's akin to figures that I've been using for 3+ years. This issue has only persisted throughout mid-2026 and onwards. I used the same or similar figures in Daz 4.2 on a Rtx 4080 and never had this issue. Also, unfortunately Daz 4.2 with the 40 series seemed to actually have better/faster viewport and figure manipulation performance than Daz 6 with the Blackwell 50 series support. Hopefully soon DS can return to the refined experience it was with the 40 series cards. 

Sign In or Register to comment.