facial textures not loading properly.

...OK this is odd and rather frustrating.

The other night while revising a character I created something went south with the facial textures.  One of the thing I was trying to do I was change the lip colour to get a more natural, bare (sans lipstick or gloss) appearance, 

At first I adjusted the and translucency colour channels for the lips (I've done his before on other characters with no issue) and that apparently cause the error when i loaded the character the next session.

In that season I ended up loading the original character's base facial texture which should have overwritten any changes I previously made.  I then firs tried just substituting a "natural" lip colour form another character and when that didn't look right backed out and the used the lip overlay in Skin Builder 8 which gave the result I needed.  I saved that and exited Daz

In he following session the lead error occurred again so once more I had to reload the original facial textures.  This time I made no changes saved the character clicked new to clear the scene and when that was finished reloaded the character again and this time everything looked fine so I thought i finally fixed it.,  

Well that was until today.

So, I have no idea what is causing this and apparently nothing I try seems to fix it

When I originally created the character I used Dragonstorm's and Xev0's Brow Remover for G8F to remove the painted on eyebrows so I could substitute  a fibre mesh set.  In the past the tool has never caused this issue or any other texture issues, so that is not the "culprit" [in each session above, Y used the Brow Remover after reloading the facial texture]. .

So I am wondering what keeps corrupting the texture every time I open a new session with the character?

attachments:

Comments

  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,324

    You were tweaking the make-up with Layer Image Editor ?  The errors seem coming from the broking image links with Layer Image Editor which may have glitches in older DS versions ~

    If you did the job with LIE in older DS version, better save LIE Presets from time to time ~

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449

    ...I am only using the Colour Selector in the Surfaces Tab and adjusting the colours using the Colour Selector.   I have done this many times over and never had it cause this error (even with this character).

    Also, as I mentioned, reloading the original character face texture should have replaced any accidental changes that may have occurred and reset all channels to their original defaults which apparently was not occurring,

    I tend to avoid using the LIE as much as possible as it tends to slow down scene load, preparation, and viewport performance which on my old system is quite  noticeable.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449
    edited September 3

    ...OK may have found something.  Apparently when I use the Brow Remover it sends all the information to:

    C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

    Is this supposed to be where the texture data is kept as my content library, inluding textures, is on a different drive (D:)?.

     

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,347

    All temp textures go in temp. That includes all LIEs and similar things.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449

    ...I did some more research and the Brow Remove does use tje LIE to clone textures from the forehead to replace the brows,

    When I looked at the files in C:\Users\[...]AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp, it lists the same files that appear on the error message which in the temp folder are Daz LIE files that it claims cannot be found (even though the modified face texture is added to the character's textures in D: Runtime/Textures)/

  • When you loasd a Layered Image DS will rebuild the file in the temp folder, they get deleted 9at the latest) when DS closes but should persist while the content is loaded - unless you are doing something to clear the temp folder, or a system tool is being over-zealous about tidying up temporary files.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449
    edited September 4

    ...thanks.  I just checked and the data is still there in the App. Data/[...]temp folder..

    The only thing I do after saving a character or scene is click on "New" to clear them from the viewport and memory so the programme doesn't take forever to dump from system memory (old slow hardware here).  That shouldn't be causing the error as I've been doing it for years.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
Sign In or Register to comment.