RRRR - Murphy’s Law Render Contest *closed*

Comments

• purrkatpurrkat Posts: 134

Thank you Gopherus, Totte, Linwelly, Luci45, and Emsim for your comments. Wow, while I've been sidelined with Santa, you all have been busy!

Ken - You are on a roll! Lovely ladies, Domino's to the rescue and Stephanie - brave or foolish?

Gopherus - Karaoke night - love the howling hounds and the commenting cat!

Luci45 - Those pesky seals.

Totte - If the Easter Bunny had pelted those zombie's with eggs. She might have had a chance!

Kismet2012 - I feel Jenna's frustration.

Emsim - What is it about pets and the garbage?

Pull #2

Isaberl Hair

Fantastic Chests

Ponte Maggiore

Sea Turtle

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    Gopherus said:

Thanks Lineally, Emsim for your comments.  

@Kismet2012  #1  I know how she feels.  Aargh!  Nice one!

@Ken Obanion #2  You re really smoking with this one!  Climbing up on a chair to disengage the smoke detector is such a pain!!
    #3  A storybook adventure… Chronicles of Narnia?  That beak looks awfully big and sharp to be close to your face.  Looks good!

Gopherus #03
    Millennium Puppy Bundle
    BRC Tranquility
    3D Universe AikoToon 4
    Moonlit Moonshines Diner Interior Hip Joint

Karaoke Night

D4 side one…. again… again… again!  This place has been going downhill ever since Elvis released Hound Dog.  If there s one song you hate you gotta expect it to be played over and over.

Thank you for the kind words, Gopherus.

Ah, yes, karaoke!  Like Hello Kitty, the Tamagochi, and the tail-light assembly on the 2006 Nissan Altima, karaoke is of those Japanese exports that makes me feel not so bad about Nagasaki!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018

thanks all for thinking of me :)

novica, I did start with compression sleeves... my elbow was at 30 cm diameter when finally was told to use the bandage wrap process.. the bandages have brought the size down considerably - I've lost 17 lbs. not sure how much is body weight and how much was arm weight.... just as soon as radiation treatments are finished I will get to start therapy to see if more can be done

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Pull #2

841 - Sculpting Tools

1115 - Infiltrator

321 - Collective3d Portrait Vignettes Contemporary 1

410 - Fashionable Movie Dress Textures - repulled since I do not have this dress

1025 - Deco Mirror

Random numbers generated Nov 29 2015 at 9:59:37 by www.psychicscience.org 

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 2015
    Emsim said:

Pull #2:

617 - Bandstand

1393 - Valentine Candy

1726 - Miss Kitty's

535 - Hammer Tail Dragon

Also used: (forgot this part in my first one!) Lily Dress, Cowboy for M4 and Hiro, Corey Spikes Hair, Pen Hair, V4 Shoes Pack 2, Gwen for Victoria 4 and Genesis, Mario, CeCe Veil Hair, Everyday 1930 for V4, Menswear 1930s for M4, Gabriel Hair, Silas M4, Sheer Terror, Under Attack for V4/M4, Easy Environments Outback.

Tag: emsim #2

Romance Interrupted

When you finally get some time alone with your girl, there will always be an annoying interruption!

Romance Interrupted.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 440K
    Post edited by Emsim on
    Emsim said:
    Emsim said:

Pull #2:

617 - Bandstand

1393 - Valentine Candy

1726 - Miss Kitty's

535 - Hammer Tail Dragon

Also used: (forgot this part in my first one!) Lily Dress, Cowboy for M4 and Hiro, Corey Spikes Hair, Pen Hair, V4 Shoes Pack 2, Gwen for Victoria 4 and Genesis, Mario, CeCe Veil Hair, Everyday 1930 for V4, Menswear 1930s for M4, Gabriel Hair, Silas M4, Sheer Terror, Under Attack for V4/M4.

Tag: emsim #2

Romance Interrupted

When you finally get some time alone with your girl, there will always be an annoying interruption!

Well, at least somebody's 'romance' wasn't interrupted!

(Okay, go ahead, slap me!  I deserve it!)

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thanks Purrkat, Ken for your comments 

@Emsim  #2  Aah! the little dragon just wants to play frisbee.  AND HE WANTS TO PLAY NOW!!  Nice one!

Pull #4
    Karate Gi M4
    Happy Camper V4
    Space Base
    Greek Bath

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited December 2015

...still waiting to be able to DL and install a bunch of stuff as my workstation is still not connected to the Net.

Oh carp what is the deadline?  Dec. 6th?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    kyoto kid said:

...still waiting to be able to DL and install a bunch of stuff as my workstation is still not connected to the Net.

Oh carp what is the deadline?  Dec. 6th?

Sunday January 10 2016 at 23:59:59

edited December 2015

...wow, that is very generous. thank you because I love the theme.

I basically live a life ruled by Murphy's law.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    kyoto kid said:

...wow, that is very generous. thank you because I love the theme.

I basically live a life ruled by Murphy's law.

Do you have kids? I have two and sometimes it feels they are both called Murphy...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 2015

tag: luci45 #4
    Poor Billionaire
    Whatever you want, you can't have; what you can have, you don't want.

Young multibillionaire Lin Wing  is never happy for very long.  He has become bored with his new Sci-Fi style home in Maui and Bennu bird. His housekeeper (and former nanny) chides his mistresses to keep him entertained, but she knows better...

Used:
    Dream Home Yard and Pool 
    Tribal Spellcaster 
    Everyday Morphing Primitives
    Board Games
    Flashy for All That Jazz
    Bennu Bird (LB) 
    Peasant Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)  (LB)
    Spaceship Segments Vol3  (LB)
    Asian Persuasion Textures  (LB)

Also used:
    Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray
    Michael 7
    Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs
    Victoria 7
    Metamorphosis for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    Wonderous Wares
    Iray Shaders - Glass
    Amazing Hat
    Naoki for V4 and V5
    Caribbean Queen Hair
    Pd Iray Shader Kit 1
    Totally Bazaar Bundle
    iRadiance - HDRI Variety Pack One

wanting.jpg
    1800 x 1112 - 738K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 2015
    Karibou said:

Trying very hard to be back in Dazville.  I think I might actually get a few renders in this time.  Life has been crazy, crazy, crazy!  Wedding in Orlando.  Reception in Milwaukee.  Sudden cardiac arrest of my dad -- and before the sympathy starts, I should interject the fact that he is actually 100% fine, despite having coded both at home and several times in the hospital.  No damage to heart or brain.  It was miraculous and I'm extremely grateful. But it has been a VERY bizarre, stressful, but ultimately good month or so. 

Totte, put me down for my regular $20 GC.

Pull #1 (Ha -- by ignoring a month, I lost my LB!):

530       Apocalypse Ally (ironman13), RR
    8778     Steam Blade Wings (Wolfie), RR
    7273     Racing Snail (Predatron), DAZ
    3845    Genesis 2 Male Genitalia (Daz Originals), DAZ  LOL!!  I'm crossing this one out and re-pulling because I'm pretty sure that ANYTHING I do with that product will violate the TOS.  Time to remove those from the list!  (This is what I get for using the DIM's csv files to compile my product list!!)
    1726     Copper and Blood (coflek-gnorg), RR

Wow, now THAT is one heck of a pull...

Totte -- I think you missed my prize offering amidst the general chaos of my initial post.  (I didn't see it added to the prize list yet.)  I've now made my offer much harder to overlook.  laugh 

One note about my render: I mean absolutely no disrespect toward homeless people or those suffering from PTSD.  These are real, tragic problems which I would not make light of in a real-life setting.  Please see the humor in this and understand that this is all in good fun.

TAG: Karibou #1
    Title: No Rest for the Dazaholics

Murphy's law: When you think you've hit rock bottom... You haven't.

Without fail, every time Margo the homeless Dazaholic found a quiet 3-D alley in which to crash for the night, Lenny, the flying snail appeared, reliving his traumatic battles from the Mollusk Trojan War with his stash of Ron's Explosions.

LennyTheSnail1.jpg
    2000 x 1253 - 689K
    Post edited by Karibou on

..hate it when that happens. 

Very nice.

...Luci, love this one.  Oh too true.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    zawarkal said:

thanks all for thinking of me :)

novica, I did start with compression sleeves... my elbow was at 30 cm diameter when finally was told to use the bandage wrap process.. the bandages have brought the size down considerably - I've lost 17 lbs. not sure how much is body weight and how much was arm weight.... just as soon as radiation treatments are finished I will get to start therapy to see if more can be done

Hoping for good results! 

Karibou, glad to hear your dad is okay, that would be so scary. And love the rustic tones of your explosive render!

Novica said:
    Karibou, glad to hear your dad is okay, that would be so scary. And love the rustic tones of your explosive render!

Thank you -- the render was very fun to make!  And the experience with dad WAS terrifying.  Indescribably so. But he's now kind-of a rock star at the hospital.  His outcome just doesn't happen for people who've had multiple episodes of cardiac arrest.  He was on a ventilator and in an induced coma for a week, part of which was spent in therapeutic hypothermia (which is a very bizarre treatment to observe -- his body temp was lowered to 88°F or 31°C, so he felt like a dead person when you touched him.)  You'd never know any of that looking at him now.  He's back at home, doing more than he should (he owns a small business and is making my mother drive him there for a few hours each day.)  His worst complaint is pain from the multiple broken ribs sustained during his many rounds of CPR.  It was just... not his time yet.  We are blessed.

An now moving along to pull #2...

2970     Enchanted Bubble (ironman13, EmmaAndJordi), RR
    1588     Classic Barbecue (blondie9999), DAZ
    9622     The Necropolis of Agarii (Orestes Graphics), DAZ
    687       Asterella for GIS Empress (Moyra), DAZ

RRRR2.jpg
    1557 x 1944 - 979K
    Karibou said:
    Karibou said:

What did she say?

Totte said:
    Karibou said:
    Karibou said:

What did she say?

Lol -- you sound like my husband's grandmother!cheeky

Okay, time to catch up on my comments.  If I didn't comment on your work, it isn't in the Entries Only thread, because I zipped down that list in an effort to be more efficient!

emsim #1, "When You're Trying to Impress Someone..." - Fantastic!! I love the gleeful enthusiasm of the garbage pillaging -- totally reminds me of my in-laws neurotic Bichon Frise, who flips out when left alone and does THAT in their kitchen on a regular basis!
    Gopherus #01, "WYSANWYG" - As a teacher, I completely understand the idea behind this.  No matter how clear the directions, SOMEONE will find a way to do it wrong!
    Totte #1, "The law of Attention" - Soooo true!  But... At least they aren't glass-topped tables? 
    Gopherus #02, "Budget Cutbacks at the Fairy Tale Castle" - LOL!!  The posing and expressions in this are priceless!
    luci45#1, "You Will Always Arrive at a Bad Time" - And I thought MY house was a mess. I wonder if there will be a special delivery fee for this one?
    luci45 #2, "Triatholon" - Every year, my robotics students (high school aged) get very excited and predict that there will be a water challenge involved in the annual competition.  You have just captured the essence of why this is not EVER going to happen.  Beautifully rendered, by the way!
    Totte #2, "Murphy’s law for apocalypse survival" - Oooh, good call.  Santa would be the obvious choice to outrun, given his obesity, but those reindeer of his give him an unfair advantage.  This made me laugh out loud!
    Linwelly#1, "Not a tunnel" - Oh my gosh, yes!!  I have been on THAT trip with THAT gps!  I was seriously once directed to cross a freeway overpass that was... well, missing.  I thankfully didn't take those directions!
    Diomede 01, "Shouldn't have bought the juice megapack" - I've DEFINITELY been in THAT situation, too!!  This is a Mom's Murphy's Law -- hilariously depicted!
    Ebonart.gallery, "But I Just Paid It Off!" - You totally nailed the universal truth in car ownership!  Very, very funny!
    purrkat #1, "WHAT?" - Tee-hee!!  Fantastic explosion effects on this!  Love the idea!
    obanion#01, "Party Foul!" - I absolutely love your dialogs, Ken! I can totally hear your characters in my head!  This reminds me of the scene in Bridget Jones' Diary where she shows up in costume to the no-longer-a-costume-party. 
    luci45 #3, "Murphy's Geraniums" - I absolutely LOVE how the cat seems totally unfazed by the situation. And THIS is what my living room looks like.  Maybe without the seals. I can't be entirely sure until I start moving baskets of clean laundry around...
    obanion#02, "Domino's Work For You?" - My husband (then boyfriend) started my microwave on fire once.  He unplugged it and threw it in a snow drift.  I am still unable to determing HOW said fire started, but the scene you rendered pretty much summed up that moment in my life!
    obanion#03, "Negotiating From a Position of Strength" - I don't trust him.  I think Vicky is gonna need that sword!  (Where's the temple??)
    Gopherus #03, "Karaoke Night" - The dog/cat thing you've got here is absolutely hilarious!! I have a 12-year-old daughter.  Alas, listening to the same horrible song repeatedly is the story of my life.
    emsim #2, "Romance Interrupted" - I'm betting the dragon was sent by an overprotective father or brother...  Hee-hee!  Love this one!
    Kismet2012 #1, "The Mall is Closed" - What a fantastic idea!  And this time of year, ALL malls are infernal...
    luci45 #4, "Poor Billionaire" - LOL!  You have such a knack for making everything you pull just WORK.  The girl in the pool with the antlers is both ridiculous and hilarous!

Karibou said:
    Totte said:
    Karibou said:
    Karibou said:

What did she say?

Lol -- you sound like my husband's grandmother!cheeky

Okay, time to catch up on my comments.  If I didn't comment on your work, it isn't in the Entries Only thread, because I zipped down that list in an effort to be more efficient!

emsim #1, "When You're Trying to Impress Someone..." - Fantastic!! I love the gleeful enthusiasm of the garbage pillaging -- totally reminds me of my in-laws neurotic Bichon Frise, who flips out when left alone and does THAT in their kitchen on a regular basis!
    Gopherus #01, "WYSANWYG" - As a teacher, I completely understand the idea behind this.  No matter how clear the directions, SOMEONE will find a way to do it wrong!
    Totte #1, "The law of Attention" - Soooo true!  But... At least they aren't glass-topped tables? 
    Gopherus #02, "Budget Cutbacks at the Fairy Tale Castle" - LOL!!  The posing and expressions in this are priceless!
    luci45#1, "You Will Always Arrive at a Bad Time" - And I thought MY house was a mess. I wonder if there will be a special delivery fee for this one?
    luci45 #2, "Triatholon" - Every year, my robotics students (high school aged) get very excited and predict that there will be a water challenge involved in the annual competition.  You have just captured the essence of why this is not EVER going to happen.  Beautifully rendered, by the way!
    Totte #2, "Murphy’s law for apocalypse survival" - Oooh, good call.  Santa would be the obvious choice to outrun, given his obesity, but those reindeer of his give him an unfair advantage.  This made me laugh out loud!
    Linwelly#1, "Not a tunnel" - Oh my gosh, yes!!  I have been on THAT trip with THAT gps!  I was seriously once directed to cross a freeway overpass that was... well, missing.  I thankfully didn't take those directions!
    Diomede 01, "Shouldn't have bought the juice megapack" - I've DEFINITELY been in THAT situation, too!!  This is a Mom's Murphy's Law -- hilariously depicted!
    Ebonart.gallery, "But I Just Paid It Off!" - You totally nailed the universal truth in car ownership!  Very, very funny!
    purrkat #1, "WHAT?" - Tee-hee!!  Fantastic explosion effects on this!  Love the idea!
    obanion#01, "Party Foul!" - I absolutely love your dialogs, Ken! I can totally hear your characters in my head!  This reminds me of the scene in Bridget Jones' Diary where she shows up in costume to the no-longer-a-costume-party. 
    luci45 #3, "Murphy's Geraniums" - I absolutely LOVE how the cat seems totally unfazed by the situation. And THIS is what my living room looks like.  Maybe without the seals. I can't be entirely sure until I start moving baskets of clean laundry around...
    obanion#02, "Domino's Work For You?" - My husband (then boyfriend) started my microwave on fire once.  He unplugged it and threw it in a snow drift.  I am still unable to determing HOW said fire started, but the scene you rendered pretty much summed up that moment in my life!
    obanion#03, "Negotiating From a Position of Strength" - I don't trust him.  I think Vicky is gonna need that sword!  (Where's the temple??)
    Gopherus #03, "Karaoke Night" - The dog/cat thing you've got here is absolutely hilarious!! I have a 12-year-old daughter.  Alas, listening to the same horrible song repeatedly is the story of my life.
    emsim #2, "Romance Interrupted" - I'm betting the dragon was sent by an overprotective father or brother...  Hee-hee!  Love this one!
    Kismet2012 #1, "The Mall is Closed" - What a fantastic idea!  And this time of year, ALL malls are infernal...
    luci45 #4, "Poor Billionaire" - LOL!  You have such a knack for making everything you pull just WORK.  The girl in the pool with the antlers is both ridiculous and hilarous!

Thank you Karibou.  I was inspired by Black Friday Mall Madness.

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 2015

Thanks Karibou for your comments.  And after they ve listened to that song so many times even if you turn it off, they ll sing it word for word. 

@Luci45 #4  ¡Pobrecito! He needs to find the joy of giving… I know someone in California who would be glad to accept some of his surplus, as long as he doesn t pass on Bennu.  LOL!  Good one!

@Karibou #1  Margo should get herself some butter and garlic and a frying pan, then the next time Lenny appears….  I like the explosion and reactions! And that flying snail is surreal.

Gopherus #04
    Karate Gi M4
    Happy Camper V4
    Space Base
    Greek Bath

The Price of Fame

Travel to the far reaches of the galaxy… no one notices… but jump into the pool for a skinny dip with a happy fellow camper and the paparazzi appear in swarms.

space baseF2.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 527K
    Post edited by Gopherus on

...yep, like clockwork.

Gopherus - That's great! Bieber would like this one.

Luci45 - That "Poor Billionaire" face is perfect.

Emsim - Yikes, giant party crasher! Bring on the beast.

Karibou - Wonderful firery inferno! Glad your dad has recovered and is doing well.

edited December 2015

Tag: purrkat #2

Isabel Hair

Fantastic Chests

Ponte Maggiore

Sea Turtle

Also used - genesis Tori, Isabel necklace, Victorian Nurse, Genesis David 5 Dean, Regency, GnKnicky Hair, !Grassy Ground Square.

Murphy's Law #10 - "The probability of an occurance is in inverse ratio to its desirability."

Fumble

She nursed him back to health when he broke his foot. She was so kind and patient. He fell head over heels in love. Desperate to see her again and express his feelings he arranged a rendezvous on the footbridge, near the hospital. He purchased a jewelry box, carefully tucking a necklace inside. It was the perfect moment, the warm glow of the late afternoon sun, the quiet, deserted walkway. Filled with nervous excitement, his hand sweaty and shaking, he presented his gift - that slipped from his grasp and tumbled away...

Fumble.jpg
    1002 x 563 - 404K
    Post edited by purrkat on
    edited December 2015

@Gopherus - those papparazzi pop up everywhere

@purrkat - awwwwww...nuts

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

..Purrkat, sad but lovely story.

Pull #2

841 - Sculpting Tools

1115 - Infiltrator

321 - Collective3d Portrait Vignettes Contemporary 1

410 - Fashionable Movie Dress Textures - repulled since I do not have this dress

1025 - Deco Mirror

Random numbers generated Nov 29 2015 at 9:59:37 by www.psychicscience.org 

Mirror Mirror

Murphy' Law:  When honesty is not an option

Mirror Mirror on the Wall.  Who is the farest one of all?

She had asked the question he had been dreading.  Knowing what will happen if she receives the wrong answer he stumbled over his words desperately tring to say "Why you are my Queen".

Mirror Mirror.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 725K

Hey, folks, I'm encountering a bit of an issue here....

I'm well into my current entry, got it pretty much lined out even, but I'm having a problem with one of my pulled items.

What I'm trying to do is to "break" the rope in one of the Gallows' nooses, using transparency maps to hide one half or the other; the idea being that the upper portion of the noose remains attached to the gallows, while the lower half "separates", with the noose still around the neck of the "hangee".  The noose is a separate prop, so that isn't an issue, and I can make various parts of the rope "disappear"; but the knots themselves adamantly persist in remaining visible!

I've looked at the prop in Blender, and I can identify and isolate the parts I want to hide, but I can't seem to be able to do it in DAZ Studio.  In both applications (DAZ Studio and Blender), only one material zone is displayed, which encompasses the entire object, with only one texture map.  What appears to be happening is that there seems to be a hidden material zone, which maps the knots' geometry to some arbitrary portion of the texture.

So, if anyone from ARTCollaborations is lurking in this thread, I'd really appreciate a little help here!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Hey, folks, I'm encountering a bit of an issue here....

I'm well into my current entry, got it pretty much lined out even, but I'm having a problem with one of my pulled items.

What I'm trying to do is to "break" the rope in one of the Gallows' nooses, using transparency maps to hide one half or the other; the idea being that the upper portion of the noose remains attached to the gallows, while the lower half "separates", with the noose still around the neck of the "hangee".  The noose is a separate prop, so that isn't an issue, and I can make various parts of the rope "disappear"; but the knots themselves adamantly persist in remaining visible!

I've looked at the prop in Blender, and I can identify and isolate the parts I want to hide, but I can't seem to be able to do it in DAZ Studio.  In both applications (DAZ Studio and Blender), only one material zone is displayed, which encompasses the entire object, with only one texture map.  What appears to be happening is that there seems to be a hidden material zone, which maps the knots' geometry to some arbitrary portion of the texture.

So, if anyone from ARTCollaborations is lurking in this thread, I'd really appreciate a little help here!

Ken you can try to select the parts you want to hide with the geometry editor, make a new surface for your prop of the selection and then turn down the opacity of the selction in the surfaces tab.Hope that helps.

Ken: I wrote a tut in DS Creative (can't remember the issue) about the Geometry Edit tool. I use that a lot, mostly to create new mat zones but also to hide geometry,