RRRR - Murphy’s Law Render Contest *closed*

Comments

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    zawarkal said:

thank you all for the well wishes

actually I am in stage 4 breast cancer... it has gone into the lungs and bones... the arm is lymphedema

other than the cancer itself, all my tests come back as if I am in excellent health... so if there is something to be beat I still have high hopes to make it to the other side

the best news of all came yesterday... my disability starts this week and it was so much more than I could have hoped for... celebrating christmas this year :)

Your positive attitude in the face of such challenges is an inspiration. I agree with Barbult -- your entries are always a breath of fresh air.  And we like to hear from you, even if you aren't able to make art. Sending positive energy your way!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited November 2015

Some great renders already.

-Emsim 1 - they need to get those garbage cans with secure lids. I was impressed. Good one.

- Gopherus 1 - no one ever reads the manual, until all else fails. Mirror is clever.

- Luci45 1 - and chaos ensues! Great flash effects. Not sure there would ever be a good time to deliver to these folks.

- Totte 1 - Maybe they should have to wear blinders like horses. Hope it was insured.

- Gopherus 2 - Somehow I have the image of the Monty Python guys clacking coconut shells together. Usually the travel budget is first to go!

- Luci45 2 - Nothing is fool proof because fools are so ingenius. Love the splash.

- Totte 2 - Not a very fast bunny! Too funny.

- Linwelly 1 - GPS can be very funny. It led me to a random cement company parking lot in Pittsburg and three cars were right behind me doing the same thing.

- Ebonartgallery - So you are saying the car will break down when most needed. Yup.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited November 2015

Diomede 01,  Shouldn't have brought the juice box megapack.

Turns out everyone else knew about Mrs. Murphy's "short cut."  Naturally, there was a traffic jam, and no place with a bathroom, and little Sean just drank six Hawaiian Punches.

Diomede pull #1

5055 "There About Ps

5236 "Ultimate Digital Fabric Pack: Patricia

4207 "Room Comforts

4925 "the Girl 4 Base

Also used

Car Ranger

Car Roland

AM Sports Convertible

Kid4, basic clothes for K4 (retextured with the fabric pack I pulled), Wedge cut hair

LM Faith Unmesh  (retextured with the fabric pack I pulled).

rrrr girl and bus.jpg
    1200 x 778 - 125K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • purrkatpurrkat Posts: 134

Tag: purrkat #1

Barbarian Warlord for Genesis

Dragon Rage

Back to class school props

The Time Traveler

Also used, Hro's Stand, Neighbors yard - baill board prop, va Digi Tablet, Japes Plate Z ll, PH Space hair, Donnovan, millinium environment - Heart of Space.

Murphy's law - "It is easier to get into something, than to get out of it."

WHAT? - No one told him that the stupid suit was live! One minute he was jerking off in class... The next minute...

DANGER... random trajectory... unauthorized travel... multiple time dimention contaimination... imminet over load... ABORT  ABORT

Time.jpg
    1002 x 563 - 460K
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited November 2015

Oh, Hell yeah, I'm in!

Here's my first pull:

349 - Jessica Dress Sexy Textures
    4256 - Jartnia - Character and Outfit
    2181 - Ysaris Hair
    344 - Guardian for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Murphy's Law strikes right off the bat!

Finally!

I'm not particularly happy with this one -- the lighting basically sucks, and the render stopped when it was only about fifty-eight percent converged -- but frankly, I just got tired of messing with it.  So here it is.

Now I can move on to the next one!

Also used:

David 3

Jamie Hair (a ShareCG freebie by AprilYSH)

Donavan for David 3 (skin textures - a ShareCG freebie by LA3D)

The Duelist for David

Michael 4 (twice!)

Alex for Michael 4 (character and texture)

Notorious for M4 (RDNA)

Rock Star Hair

Hardcore M4

Mark Hair

Hailey for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Dream Hair

Flat-Top Hair (on V3 - going for a kind of 'Red Sonia', scary-butch look!)

Aiko 3 (A blast from the past - before you were born, remember kids?)

Mech Girl for A3

Contemporary Living: Living Room

TAG: obanion#01

Title: Party Foul!

Sylvia always threw the best parties! But you had to read the invitation very carefully!

Deanne: "But the invitation said, 'Dress as an animated character'!"

Sylvia (Jartnia): "No, it said, 'Dress as an anime character'. A fine, but critical, distinction."

Hailie: "What-ever! Girl, that dress looks just fabulous on you!"

RRRR_Murphy_01.png
    1300 x 731 - 1M
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on

And, it's on to Round 2!

The pull:

2311 - Oona Hair
    4960 - Dream Home: Kitchen Appliances
    5208 - Real Emotions for David
    884 - Shirred Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Hmm, you know, a lot of nasty things can happen in the kitchen!  (My most recent attempt at making Lobster Thermidore springs immediately to mind!)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited November 2015

tag: luci45 #3

Murphy's Geraniums
    Any unfortunate event is probable.

Devestated by a lifetime of misfortune, in his latter years Mac Murphy lived a blissfully uneventful though modest life until a seal invasion destroyed  the last remnant of his old life - his beloved geraniums. 

Used:
    Moni Hair (RDNA)
    Predatron Geraniums
    Living Room Collection
    DAZ Seal 
    Improvised Benches Construction Kit (LB)
    Magic for Carnival Entrance (LB) 
    The New Queen of Drama (LB) 
    Nalfar for M4 (LB) (Rendo)
    Historical Masonry DAZ Studio Shaders Vol 1 (LB)

Also Used:
    Millennium Cat
    Classic Cats Bundle
    FabTex Iray Shaders: Ellie
    Curious Tea Rug
    Lighting Collection Prop Set
    99 DAZ Studio Props - The Office - Mug, Ashtray Award, Newspapers, Books
    Wine Me
    Amazing Hats
    i13 Visions of the Past - Picture & Piollow
    Slapstick for Genesis 2 Male(s) - Pants
    Flip Flops for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Diana and Jones Outfit for Genesis 2 - Shirt
    Aging Morphs G3M

murphy's geraniums.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1016K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Diomede pull #2

4139 "Veranda Cafe Ps",

2977 "Piratess for Genesis 2 Females

2374 "Mad Doctor for Genesis Male

2701 "Moshi Moshi Mix And Match Expressions For Aiko 6"

Random numbers generated Nov 27 2015 at 12:1:54 by www.psychicscience.org

Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

tt 4 rrrr veranda pull.jpg
    695 x 806 - 325K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

Thanks Luci, MelanieL, Gopherus & diomede for your comments!

Gopherus #02 : Ooh I love this one - that’s what budget cutbacks does to us all!
    luci45 #2 : Fabulous render and a great and use of the pull, you are the queen of RRRR!
    Linwelly #1 : Yes, love it, so many fun GPS stories around. 
    ebonartgallery#1 : That’s a real law, very good!
    Diomede#01 : Sound like a typical sunday drive when the kids were small. 
    purrkat #1 : Reminds me of The Mask, great one!
    obanion#01 : You really miss your campus days don’t ya?
    luci45 #3 : Such beautiful render and that pull squeezed in there!

Pull #3

#3008 Les Romantiques for Cheirocrates (#16290)
    #1347 Defender Textures (#18229)
    #3212 M4 Pirate (#8308)
    #1933 Fantasy Collar Set for Genesis 1 & 2 Male(s) (#17425)
    LB1 #4797 Sensibility Expansion 1 for Genesis 2 Female(s) (#20298)
    LB2 #1923 Fantasy Camp (#12522)
    LB3 #5420 Temptress Textures (#14830)

Random numbers generated Nov 28 2015 at 0:35:40 by www.psychicscience.org  

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thanks kyotokid,  purrkat, melanieL, luci45, diomede, totte for your comments.  you’re right all the horsemen do need a minion with coconuts to carry their packs.

@totte #2  first the tortoise whooped the rabbit in a race and now the zombies are doing the same thing… maybe the chocolate is inspiring them.  Well done!!

@Linwelly #1  love the steampunkeque moodiness of the lost train.  Good one!

@ebonartgallery #1  Vacation denied! but then it could have waited to break down until you were out in cow country far away from mechanics… Love it!

@diomede #1  Ha!! this one is so true… those mountain roads… jammed up with no turn around and no turn offs. Well done!

@purrkat #1  your renders are so epic! ¡what dynamics!! Love ‘em!

@obanion #1  animated… anime-ated … she d still be welcome even if she was only wearing a smile… Good one!

@luci45 #2  this one s magical!  love the water splashes as the spider thrashes.
    #3  horseshoe geraniums!  i wonder if ken obanions frat boys are playing a joke on him.  love the expressions on all their faces.

pull #03
    Millennium Puppy Bundle
    BRC Tranquility
    3D Universe AikoToon 4
    Moonlit Moonshines Diner Interior Hip Joint

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Pull #1

1265 - Intimates Collection

420 - The Iron Gate

863 - Quick Check Lane

382 - Riae Outfit

Random Numbers generated Nov 23, 2015.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Thanks a lot Luci45, diomede  (in my hometown there is a tunnel with a heigth limitation, I can't count anymore how many time some truck tried to squeeze through, got stuck had to turn on very limited space, last year they hat to restore the tunnel ceiling...), Totte and Gopherus, hope i didn't forget anyone.

Gopherus#2: I love their expresseions, especially the lady in the back riding on the shoulders of prince charming in the back robbing him sight and air

Luci45#2: but those elves can be annoying with their all to superiour attitude, it can drive a man to desperate actions... great idea

Totte#2: being easterbunny is a tough job, especially the hopping, its not fast when not trained

ebonartgallery: this is so true, also applies for all kinds of kitchen gear

diomede#1: I have been sitting in a traffic jam in a complete remote area an a small street for absolutely no good reason, I didn't drink the juice though

purrcat#1:  he, would be interesting to see how he comes out of that again...

obanion#1:wow, lovely collection of outfits, would like to see the leotard front side

Luci45#3: those seals seem to feel very at home, the will be best friends with the old man once he overcomes the loss of the geranium

so here is pull #2
    422 340 120 102
    Random numbers generated Nov 29 2015 at 13:52:1 by www.psychicscience.org  

Viking Male Hair for Genesis and Genesis 2 Males
    Shape Presets for Genesis 2 Male(s)     wow! Never seen this one before, doesn't even exist in the shop anymore, had to look up in the installed files to find out what it is
    Epsilon for Michael 4
    Domino for V4

lots of men and one woman, sounds like a guarantee for some Murphy happening...

edited November 2015

TAG:  Kismet2012 #1

Murphy’s Law:  When you really need it the Mall is closed.

Janna stopped to admire the camisole worn by the mannequin.  She put down one of her bags of groceries to feel the silky fabric.  It wasn’t until she got home that she realized she was missing the most important ingredient.  By the time she got back to the Infernal Mall it had closed with her bag trapped inside.

1265  Intimates Collection

430  The Iron Gate

863  Quick Check Lane

382  Riae Outfit

Also used:

FWF Janna

FWF Janna – Little Devil Expansion

XTech Dreadlock Ponytail for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Creepy Poses for Creature Creator Genesis 2

Creature Creator Add-ons for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Genesis 2 Female Poses

Easy Environments Road to Hell

AOA Spotlights

The Mall is Closed.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 272K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
    edited November 2015

And, it's on to Round 2!

The pull:

2311 - Oona Hair

Hmm, you know, a lot of nasty things can happen in the kitchen!  (My most recent attempt at making Lobster Thermidore springs immediately to mind!)

Can you believe it!?  I actually got a second one in!!  Hey, guys, I'm on a roll, here!!

This one was almost too easy.  All I had to do was to recall one of my more 'unforgettable' (try though I might) kitchen catastrophes..., and render it.

Additional note: I did this one in my brand-spankin'-new copy of Poser 11 Pro; it is, in fact, my first in Poser 11, and my first Poser render at all in over two years!  The DSON Importer works in 11, but the Superfly render engine....  Well, let's just say that I probably need a lot more experience with it; it was producing 'artifacts' from the Smokin' Flames Tool, rendering multiple instances of the smoke sprites.  So, in the interest of time, I dropped back to Firefly.

Also used:
    Dream Home: Kitchen (because..., Kitchen Appliances!  Hell-o!)
    Prince Charming Hair (and I had a real beast of a time getting that sucker to fit David's tiny head!)
    Arick M3 textures by LA3D (a ShareCG freebie)
    David's suit was a PoserWorld freebie from the early days (circa 2005), so I'm not really sure where it came from, or who made it!
    Cookware Set
    Countertop Appliances
    Shimmer (necklace and shoes)
    Nerd3d's Smokin' Flames Tool
    Everyday Groceries

TAG: obanion#02

Title: "Domino's Work For You?"
    David decided to impress his date with his skills in the kitchen.  Unfortunately, his fire-fighting skills were a bit rusty....

RRRR_Murphy_02b.png
    1136 x 861 - 1M

Time for Round 3!

My pull:

3598 - Lisa's Botanicals - Christmas Holly
    4435 - The Legendary Griffin (!??)
    4577 - Tenacity (??)
    5113 - Rogue Red for Stephanie 3 Petite

Well, it just wouldn't be an RRRR without at least one Christmas-themed render, now would it!?

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649

Thanks, diomede, Totte, Gopherus, Linwelly (I love your astute comments.)
    Hey Karibou, I'm glad you are back and that your dad is doing OK now. I'm sure you'll do fine with that weird pull...
    ebonartgallery #1 LOL, nice mess! It looks like the red robot is trying to calm him down.
    diomede #1 Haha, nice one! I hope little Sean stays out of the poison oak.
    purrkat #1 Wow, beautiful dramatic render! and a very nice illustration of that law.
    obanion#01 Yea, Ken is back! Great posing as always and subtle. (Wow, you have a lot of weird outfits.)
    Kismet2012 #1 Welcome. Great use of your pull and a funny render - I love that the lady and mannequin are beasties. 
    obanion#02 Haha, good job, David. I don't know how anyone can do a render in Poser, so I find that very admirable. 

Here's my #4:
    Dream Home Yard and Pool 
    Tribal Spellcaster 
    Everyday Morphing Primitives
    Board Games
    Flashy for All That Jazz
    Bennu Bird 
    Peasant Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Spaceship Segments Vol3
    Asian Persuasion Textures

Nice bunch of stuff there...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

And, it's on to Round 2!

The pull:

2311 - Oona Hair

Can you believe it!?  I actually got a second one in!!  Hey, guys, I'm on a roll, here!!

This one was almost too easy.  All I had to do was to recall one of my more 'unforgettable' (try though I might) kitchen catastrophes..., and render it.

Additional note: I did this one in my brand-spankin'-new copy of Poser 11 Pro; it is, in fact, my first in Poser 11, and my first Poser render at all in over two years!  The DSON Importer works in 11, but the Superfly render engine....  Well, let's just say that I probably need a lot more experience with it; it was producing 'artifacts' from the Smokin' Flames Tool, rendering multiple instances of the smoke sprites.  So, in the interest of time, I dropped back to Firefly.

Also used:
    Prince Charming Hair (and I had a real beast of a time getting that sucker to fit David's tiny head!)
    David's suit was a PoserWorld freebie from the early days (circa 2005), so I'm not really sure where it came from, or who made it!
    Cookware Set
    Countertop Appliances
    Everyday Groceries

David decided to impress his date with his skills in the kitchen.  Unfortunately, his fire-fighting skills were a bit rusty....

Ken, your idea and render are great, but it is your title that really cracked me up!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

And, it's on to Round 2!

The pull:

2311 - Oona Hair

Also used:
    Cookware Set
    Countertop Appliances
    Everyday Groceries

...heh, nice.

Sometimes RL can be a fountain of ideas.

edited November 2015

Time for Round 3!

My pull:

3598 - Lisa's Botanicals - Christmas Holly
    4435 - The Legendary Griffin (!??)
    4577 - Tenacity (??)
    5113 - Rogue Red for Stephanie 3 Petite

Well, it just wouldn't be an RRRR without at least one Christmas-themed render, now would it!?

Another render in Poser 11 Pro.  And so far, I'm not all that impressed with it.  (Try, 'not at all'; this thing seriously sucks!)  The Superfly renderer puts a 'background' in the rendered image, and nothing I've tried to do has been able to get rid of it.  As a result, the "background" in the environment fails to render at all -- no mountains, no skydome, no nothing!  Just a pure white background; not even an alpha channel!

My next entry will be done entirely in DAZ Studio.  This is nonsense!

Also used:
    Lisa for V3 (another ShareCG freebie from LA3D)
    V3 Tunic Pack (for the Tenacity textures)
    V3 Morphing Cloak (ditto)

Duelist for David 3 (I needed some of David's junk -- not his "junk" junk!  His weapons!  God, people, get your minds out of the gutter!)
    Madelia Hair (Steph)
    Goddess Hair (Victoria)
    The Mountain Rite
    Millennium Dragon Lair (the gold)

Treasure Chests

TAG: obanion#03

Title: Negotiating From a Position of Strength (or, Christmas in the Wastelands)
    Stephanie and Victoria knew that there would be a price to pay even to approach the treasure the griffin was guarding.  There always is.

Griffin: "How's about a little kiss, Red?  That is, if you want the treasure...?"
    Stephanie: "That's not mistletoe, you moron, it's holly.  It doesn't count."
    Griffin: "Hey, am I a botanist?  Do I look like Euell Freakin' Gibbons to you!?  Let's just take the intent for the deed, and get down to a little seasonal osculation, shall we?"
    Stephanie: "Well..., okay.  But no tongue!" (To Victoria): "If he tries to slip me any tongue, you kill him, understand?"
    Victoria: "I'm on it!"

RRRR_Murphy_03.png
    1136 x 861 - 2M
  • EmsimEmsim Posts: 234

My second one is started - hopefully I'll finish it soon.

So many great entries since I last posted!  I better get caught up!  And thank you to Totte, Melanie and Diomede for your comments.

Luci45#1:  Oh man, I would not want to be that delivery person.  I love the chaos in this one!

Totte#1:  This is so true!  At least they weren't carrying the china.

gopherus#2: This is great!  Times are tough everywhere! Reminded me of Monty Python, too!

Luci45#2:  Beautifully done and the water splashes look so real!

Totte#2:  I guess if there's a zombie apocalypse, there won't be many Easter celebrations anyway.  Sure gives a strong argument for sensible shoes!

Linwelly#1:  I think I've been on a trip like this!  Nice job on the perspective and the steam.

ebonartgallery#1:  I swear these things ALWAYS know when the warranty is up!  Good one!

Diomede#1: Thank goodness for trees on the side of the road!  That's some serious bumper-to-bumper traffic!

Purrkat#1:  Don't you just hate when you push the wrong button and the universe all goes to hell!  Nice effects in this one!

Obanion#1:  And don't you just hate being the only normal person at the party.  Wait... I wouldn't know...  :)  Other than being a bit dark I thought this turned out pretty well.

Luci45#3:  There hasn't been a tragedy like this since the great moose stampede of '42!  I love the nuttiness of this and how the cat is completely unconcerned about the whole thing.

Kismet2012#1:  Poor Janna.  She'll have to hope her stuff is there tomorrow.  Great job on the lighting!

Obanion#2:  And it's a real chore clearing all the smoke out of the house!  (*voice of experience!*)  I love this one, especially the flailing David pose.  It's perfect!

Obanion#3:  I can't think of a worse obstacle to have to overcome on a quest than a lecherous griffin!  This one cracked me up!

@Zawarkal:  You are going through so much and are still able to have a positive outlook.  Your strength is inspiring!  Best wishes to you and your family!

edited November 2015

And it's on to Round 4!

Wow, I haven't had an opportunity to do this many since..., since....  Well, it's been a while!  (Probably not since the last 'Story' contest!)

The pull:

2763 - West Park Horror Movie Poses 1
    201 - Rayn Character and Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    4381 - Gremlin
    3358 - The Dungeon Gallows

I have an idea....  In fact, I even have a title!

It's great to see you here again, Ken. You are way ahead of me this round. I don't even have my list updated yet. But I'll get there eventually.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Haven't had much time to lurk in threads but this is always my go-to when I get a minute or two. I also loved the title of Ken's fiery kitchen scene (and they cook about as well as I do...)  Luci, your seals are adorable! Love the lighting too, so delicate. Makes me want to hug a few of them.

Zawarkal- wanted to mention my sister had breast cancer and the same difficulty/diagnosis with her arm. She wears a specialized arm wrap/bandage (a slinky material) and if your doctor hasn't mentioned that/done it for you, PM me and I'll get you the information. It helped with the swelling a lot, and she was able to regain use of her fingers. (Can't lift over 5 pounds.) Thinking about you!

edited December 2015
    Linwelly said:

obanion#1:wow, lovely collection of outfits, would like to see the leotard front side

Ask and ye shall receive...!

I assume this is the one you're talking about; it's the only one that even remotely resembles a 'leotard':

It's The Duelist for David.  I searched for it in the DAZ store, but it wasn't returned.  It may have been consigned to the vault....

EDIT: It occurred to me that there is one other outfit that might be thought of as at least somewhat 'leotard-ish', and that is the Mech Girl outfit for Aiko 3.  So, here's a front view of that one, as well:

D3_Duelist.png
    400 x 600 - 329K
    A3MechGirl.png
    1136 x 861 - 647K

I just love that kitchen one, Ken. (I know I already commented on it.) I keep going back to look at it again. I laugh every time!

barbult said:

I just love that kitchen one, Ken. (I know I already commented on it.) I keep going back to look at it again. I laugh every time!

Thank you, Barbult!  I'll admit that this was one of my all-time favorites to do, simply because it was so..., autobiographical!  With a little less hair (okay, a lot less!), that guy was me!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

Agree, great to see Ken on Fire , both in and out of the Kitchen ;-)

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 2015

Thanks Lineally, Emsim for your comments.  

@Kismet2012  #1  I know how she feels.  Aargh!  Nice one!

@Ken Obanion #2  You re really smoking with this one!  Climbing up on a chair to disengage the smoke detector is such a pain!!
    #3  A storybook adventure… Chronicles of Narnia?  That beak looks awfully big and sharp to be close to your face.  Looks good!

Gopherus #03
    Millennium Puppy Bundle
    BRC Tranquility
    3D Universe AikoToon 4
    Moonlit Moonshines Diner Interior Hip Joint

Karaoke Night

D4 side one…. again… again… again!  This place has been going downhill ever since Elvis released Hound Dog.  If there s one song you hate you gotta expect it to be played over and over.

karaoke night.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 631K
    Post edited by Gopherus on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    Linwelly said:

Ask and ye shall receive...!

I assume this is the one you're talking about; it's the only one that even remotely resembles a 'leotard':

It's The Duelist for David.  I searched for it in the DAZ store, but it wasn't returned.  It may have been consigned to the vault....

EDIT: It occurred to me that there is one other outfit that might be thought of as at least somewhat 'leotard-ish', and that is the Mech Girl outfit for Aiko 3.  So, here's a front view of that one, as well:

Great! Thanks a lot Ken, yes it was the duelist for David I meant. Its a pity sometimes I see older models of clothes I would love to have for the g2 (m/f) which are my personal favorites to work with. Maybe at some point I try to convert things.

Thank you luci45, Emsim and Gopherus.  I have tried to participate in past RRRR threads but could never get any ideas to go with my pulls. 

Either Murphy's Law speaks to me or I have suddenly unlocked something in my brain.  I made a second pull ( I am at work so cannot list the items ) and came up with an idea for it last night.  Now to just get it together.