• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
    • Categories
    • Recent Discussions
Daz 3D Forums > 3rd Party Software > Blender Discussion

Importing new outfits for a DAZ model imported into blender

hellofelladhellofellad Posts: 0
June 25 in Blender Discussion

So I need help with importin new outfits for a DAZ character I imported into blender with diffeomorphic. I tried using the 'Changing Outfits' guide by diffeomorphic and it seems to be outdated. Would really appreciate it if someone could help with this.Thanks

Comments

  • PadonePadone Posts: 4,361
    June 25

    https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/2021/07/changing-outfits.html

    It is not outdated still works as described. Or the easy way is to export one full figure for each outfit. Also because in blender you usually keep one file for each figure, then link them in the scene.

  • hellofelladhellofellad Posts: 0
    June 25

    Padone said:

    https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/2021/07/changing-outfits.html

    It is not outdated still works as described. Or the easy way is to export one full figure for each outfit. Also because in blender you usually keep one file for each figure, then link them in the scene.

    There's no retarget armature modifiers button that I can find in the menus so I thought maybe it was changed?

  • PadonePadone Posts: 4,361
    June 25

    If you do read at the very start of the tutorial it explains it is renamed as "change armature" from version 1.6.

  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,550
    September 12 edited September 12

    What might cause a clothing item to not fit when using Change Armature?

    I followed the directions in the blog post. Worked flawlessly for the first character. The next character, however, the shoes are not snapped to the figure... they are slightly misplaced to the outside on either side.  If I change the armature back, they snap right to the model they were loaded with. Poses are identical, characters are identical (minus geografts, hair, etc).  The shoes are literally the only thing I am putting on the character.

    /edit. Hmmm. The character is scaled. So... the shoes are where they would be if I loaded them into a scene and didn't fit them to the character. Is there something I can do here, or maybe there is a step I missed to correct for the scaling?

    Post edited by evilded777 on September 12
  • Krys KryngleKrys Kryngle Posts: 320
    September 14

    Object->Apply->All Transforms

     

  • PadonePadone Posts: 4,361
    September 15 edited September 15

    If you use the provided presets in easy import then "apply transforms" should be enabled.

    Post edited by Padone on September 15
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,550
    September 15

    Padone said:

    If you use the provided presets in easy import then "apply transforms" should be enabled.

    Yeah, that is set. The work around seems to be to build the character without scaling and then scale them when you pose them. Unless, of course, I am missing something.

  • PadonePadone Posts: 4,361
    September 15

    As I understand it the outfit and the figure must both have transformations applied, hence they should be for the same custom character. Idon't understand what you mean for different scale as with transormations applied the scale is always 1.0. Unless you mean you don't apply tranformations, that's the culprit in this case.

    I don't use this workflow myself as I prefer to just export saparate figures one for each outfit. So I may miss something.

  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,550
    September 15

    Padone said:

    As I understand it the outfit and the figure must both have transformations applied, hence they should be for the same custom character. Idon't understand what you mean for different scale as with transormations applied the scale is always 1.0. Unless you mean you don't apply tranformations, that's the culprit in this case.

    I don't use this workflow myself as I prefer to just export saparate figures one for each outfit. So I may miss something.

    Apply transforms is always turned on. I don't get it myself. But at least I have a work-around.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.