Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:
    I grabbed slim man. I see creepy space invader...

My creepy alien is doing a little showboating after his latest planetary conquest.

wow!!!! i love that! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Dee! I'm currently not home and don't have access to my own files, appreciate the help :-)

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited September 2012

AprilYSH said:

edit to add: The Lyon/Calais cross-product discount is not doable the way it was in the old store so I will put up a bundle instead that gives the equivalent discount :-) In any case, if anyone bought and missed the intended discount, please contact support to reimburse the difference. Thanks!!!

Thanks for sorting that out. I have put in a support request for a refund.

Post edited by gabu on
    edited September 2012

:D:vampire:
    That Slim Man by RawArt is SO ERMAGHAD CREEPY!!!
    It's PERFECT!

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    hey did anyone notice that at the bottom of RawArt's Slim Man page, there's another bit where you can choose WHICH installers to add to the cart? PC or MAC? I tried it out, checked the PC one, clicked add to cart, and when my email came through with the links, ONLY the pc installer was showing!!!

Yea some products had that when the store first changed over, I think it was also on something I bought the other day, can't remember what.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited September 2012

I would like to take a moment and say a few things about The Slim Man from Rawart.

This is the creepiest thing I have ever seen for Daz. Talk about nightmare and cringe worthiness. I have to get it. Its too cool to pass up.

The Triclops is not on sale...

That's the one I wanted to get the most Oh well no biggie

Also I need to ask about Lantios Lights

I would like to pick up a set but I have the daytime and night time lights bundle

I want something as different from them as possible but am having trouble picking a set

Does any one have any recommendations

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
    edited December 1969

I think the Triclops is less than 60 days old.

edited December 1969

that could be

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if the Rock Troll and Wood Troll mats by RawArt would work on the Troll for Genesis? Or should I just get the original Troll as it seems to have quite a few alternative mats, which the Genesis Troll doesn't. But then again, the Genesis Troll adds to the Genesis morph possibilities. Too many options...can't... make... a decision!

edited December 1969

I am pretty sure they don't

Being that Genesis can only use G4 and Genesis textures

edited December 1969

That's what I thought. Thank you muchly, JohnDelaquiox! :-)

Guess I should flip a coin now to figure out whether to get the original Troll or the Genesis Troll.

edited December 1969

To be honest I would get the Genesis troll he can be mixed with the other Genesis morphs and wear all the clothes made for Genesis and any autofitted stuff, he can wear all Gen 4 textures, whereas the original troll is limited to what is made for him.

edited December 1969

That's what the coin said, too.

edited December 1969

He can.

Troll can actually be mixed really well with other genesis morphs.

Though Scorpio you should have it already

edited December 1969

He can.

Troll can actually be mixed really well with other genesis morphs.

Though Scorpio you should have it already

Oh I have I just meant if I didn't have him, I often throw a little bit of him into the mix.

edited September 2012
  • Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    Does anybody know if there is a way to determine the sizes of products? Renderosity provides them, and Daz used to. I'm looking to buy some AprilYSH hair products, but given a style I basically like would like small files, 30Mb or less. I'm not looking for monster 70-100mb files.

This is what I was looking at:

Devanar Hair,
    Blaine Hair,
    Osean Hair,

There was one more. I don't have it now.

I suppose I could always buy the productsand then return the ones I really don't want before downloading them, but that's just doesn't seem nice.

Thank you.

Hope this helps:

Blaine Hair
    ps_ac2313b_BlaineHairDS - 26,370 kb
    ps_ac2313b_BlaineHairPs - 26,871 kb

Osean Hair
    ps_ac2472b_OseanHairDS - 16,792 kb
    ps_ac2472b_OseanHairPs - 18,473 kb

Dee

Yes, it helps quite a bit. That is exactly the info I was looking for. It's not the download I worry about; the files are a proxy for the size and complexity in my final illustrations and hence the render times. Sometimes I'll put the complexity into clothes, or the background and the hair I want to minimize etc.

Thanks so much for taking the time!

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited September 2012

I also was interested in APRIL YSH Devanar hair because it comes with a woolen beanie/outdoor hat, but ultimately decided against it because it does not have any V4 or M4 fits.

As a by the way, I also gotten to use Predatron's lo Rez figures for background characters and I wish there was more lo Rez variety for them. I noticed that some people have posted additions on Share CG

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Here's one using Forest Superior, which was one of the early PA items from this year's sale: Flying Low

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I also was interested in APRIL YSH Devanar hair because it comes with a woolen beanie/outdoor hat, but ultimately decided against it because it does not have any V4 or M4 fits.

Actually the V4 and M4 fits for those hairs were on her site:

http://shop.aprilsvanity.com/-free-items/cat_10.html?page=1

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Actually the V4 and M4 fits for those hairs were on her site:

http://shop.aprilsvanity.com/-free-items/cat_10.html?page=1

Beat me to it, but to expand on it a bit, April has a lot of extra morphs and fits on her site, so its always worth checking her site when you have bought, or are considering, one of her products.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited September 2012

Here's one made with several items I bought in this sale.
    Blondie9999's From The Deep Aquatic Genesis with pose from FeralFey's The Deep Ones and various dial-spun morphs.
    3D Universe's Mountain Troll for Genesis
    StoneMason's Worlds of Fantasy: Island Castle
    Lantios's Core Lighting 1

showdown3.jpg
    645 x 895 - 221K
    Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Uzilite D207

...now go buy the car people!

137_-_Speed_Racer_5.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 909K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited September 2012

Here's one with Damon's head morph (Elite Jeremy textures) and the M401 outfit by Uzilite. Even without FBM support, this outfit is probably the coolest thing I've ever bought for M4. You can roll up the cuffs, rolle up the sleeves, unbutton the shirt completely or in degrees, put the hands in the pockets (as seen here). It's pure awesome. :D

EDIT: And, of course, I forgot the picture. ^_^

GQ_Michael_Has_Never_Looked_So_Good_postwork.png
    800 x 1200 - 379K
    Post edited by Zaarin on
    edited December 1969

is today still day 10? i could have sworn that was yesterday.....or do we not get a day on a Sunday?

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day 11 is here... We tend to get days up a bit earlier on Friday and Saturday...

edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Day 11 is here... We tend to get days up a bit earlier on Friday and Saturday...

WHOOOOOOOT!! thanks DAZ_Kevin!

PS I'ts Sunday afternoon here, I am waaaaaaaaay ahead of ya!*grin*

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited September 2012

Crap, Thorne's stuff is on sale. There goes more of my money!

Oh well, on the bright side, in the name of posting images related to the above mentioned PA, I now have a reason to post 90% of my renders. But instead, I'll just settle for a few.

And the short haired Sylfie image has hair by 3Dream & Mairy - All Time Hair

144_-_Friends_For_Life.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 1M
    151_-_Sylfie_9a.jpg
    600 x 900 - 399K
    153_-_Sylfie_10.jpg
    600 x 900 - 317K
    154_-_Sylfie_11-Portrait.jpg
    600 x 900 - 444K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Mattymanx said:
    Uzilite D207

...now go buy the car people!

You know...I look at every PA that comes up, exploring their stuff, even if I've seen them before, and I looked through Uzilite's list of store items (I desperately wish M401 and the Marquis were for Genesis, even with the slightly-off shaping), but somehow it didn't impinge on me that the D207 is a CAR.

So...with Thorne in it, can we call this day Elven?

-- Morgan

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,799
    edited December 1969

I could be a while ! :coolcheese:

Gotta_Go.jpg
    800 x 600 - 262K