The 'Eat Your Food and Like It' Complaint Thread
This discussion has been closed.
Adding to Cart…
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.You currently have no notifications.
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Comments
A tall naked Black woman lunging toward them, yelling "Wakanda Forever", has a similar effect.
Once in my life I woke up about 1:00AM to someone walking around in my apartment. I don't remember much (it was over 50 years ago) but it was back in the day when even living in Florida, on the beach side of the barrier island east of Melbourne, when people at ground level still left their windows up for cool air during the night and doors unlocked. I wasn't too concerned at first. I got out of bed and wandered into the livingroom. I thought that my neighbor friend in the other half of the one-story duplex apartment building had wandered in tipsily after a late night party. About 15 seconds later when my eyes got used to the low light from the streetlamp outside I realized it was a complete stranger and I instintively put my arm and empty hand behind me as if hiding some sort of weapon. I quietly bluffed the guy out of the house and locked the door. Ever since then, I've kept the doors locked and some sort of non-projectile weapon at the side of my bed. From the late '90s after discovering Renaissance Faire costuming I've had a really nice mini-sword (more of a long dagger) with about a 12 inch blade hanging discretely between the wall and my bedpost. It would have been just about right for Bilbo or Frodo Baggins.
No, I have not named it "Sting".
There has since been no recurrance of such instance.
I would like to believe that my reputation precedes me.
This is where I found the pictures.
I got one of those next to the bed. It's from WWII, her grandfather's sword. Then I got a Banana (Byrna CL | The Most Compact & Powerful Less Lethal Pistol) to carry around loaded with pepper spray and 0.61 Cal Max Projectiles, which won't kill anyone. Still, they will back off, especially when a pepper ball hits near their face. My brothers laugh at the Banana but they didn't laugh when I shot a pepeer ball in the middle of the table.
They all started complaining about their eyes. 
I decided that Das Badezimmer means the bathroom.
i hope I don't need to say before my ride picks me up:
Ich muss ins Badezimmer gehen! Maybe when I get home.
complaint/non-complaint: It's thunderstorming out, so we can't go for our walk. I do like thunderstorms, though, and maybe all that rain will finally wake up the trees a bit. There are many with buds, but a whole lot of them haven't even gotten that far. Seems like the world is slow to wake up this year. I'm looking forward to the sound of wind in the leaves.
I love walking in the rain; it's the only time people can't tell I'm crying. The louder the storm, the harder I can sob.
Thunderstorms in California as well. I like thunderstorms also. However, tonight the power keeps threatening to go out.
I thought I heard something in the kitchen. But it is 2352!
..."yawn"...s-t-r-e-t-c-h....Wait? It's .2352?!?!
Bugger, must have dozed off for a few centuries again. Hate it when that happens.
(then again we should finally now have Star Trek "magic medicine", Where's Bones?).
I'm fond of rain walks as well, but a thunderstorm while pushing (or in Little Dude's case, riding in) a metal-framed wagon is maybe not the safest option.
Also, 44 degrees F is a little on the chilly side.
2352 was the time not the year. It is now 0700
2352 would have been a good time on Earth in the Star Trek Next Generation era.
Non-complaint: I ran out of milk but had some powdered milk hiding in the back of the panty shelf.
Complaint: I've become somewhat lactose intolerant. Whole milk in particular gives me gas and tummy troubles. So, for the last several years I've been using Lactaid brand lactose free milk. (Whole milk without the lactose protein). It's pretty good. Tastes like whole milk, has the texture of whole milk, cooks like whole milk, yeah, it's a tiny bit more expensive, but no tummy troubles.
But, because I cannot always find Lactaid brand in my local grocery, I have to get it when I go into the city to a proper grocery store. Sometimes I run out, and for that situation I have had, for decades, standard Carnation fat-free powdered milk on hand for emergency milk needs like cereal binges. However, it doesn't cook well, and tastes like water.
Then to my surprise while browsing Amazon I find a brand of "powdered, lactose free, whole milk" advertised.
For me, a no brainer. I got it to try it and I've had it on my pantry shelf for six months waiting for a time to be needed. Yesterday was the day. Blech, somewhat of an odd taste, and maybe I didn't get the mixing instructions right, or I haven't mixed it hard enough or perhaps it just separates into tiny globs all by itself.
Cereal still hides its odd taste and it's OK if I shake it up in the bottle it's mixed in just before using. But drinking a glass of it alone is not a satisfying experience.
I was able to not waste it, by squeezing a big glob of year old Hershey's chocolate syrup (like you put on an ice cream sundae) into it to make chocolate milk, but the tiny curdled milk globs kinda spoil the childhood joy of chocolate milk.
I am a bit curious to see how well it cooks in casseroles, but a carton of actual Lactaid is now priorority on my grocery list.
It looks like I am needing to move soon. Hopefully it will be somewhere better.
...grew up in Wisconsin, where milk, cheese, butter, ice cream were are a way of life Yeah I've switched from whole milk to 2%.but that was the only compromise. At best margarine tastes like Crisco no matter what artificial flavouring they use so I never touch the stuff.
Yeah, getting older sometimes tends to make one more sensitive to things you enjoyed in younger years (like for me shellfish, mayo/aioli, and salmon for example).
I probably have developed a slight intolerance myself but no where near the level to dump all dairy out of the diet (I will not even touch those "American cheese food product" slices or fake cheese on pizza). Also unfortunately, most of the "lactose-free" products are grocery "budget busters, so I keep a bottle of Lactaid tablets handy for those rare occasions.
Good luck with the computer.
Thanks. I dropped it off this morning.
Adding my good vibes to the pile. Hope it's an easy and inexpensive fix.
Like the picture says.
Major Complaint: I had to say goodbye today to my dog and best friend Katie. Her picture is in my avatar.
Oh that is so hard !!,I feel for your loss ......
Apparently auto headlamp only sees traditional lights. There are lights in the scene, but not the traditiinal ones.
What are those iray lights in texture type thing called?
Oh, no! That's terrible. I'm so sorry. That hurts so much!
Complaint: PC isn't fixed. Guess I'm going back. Frustrating.
Complaint: I'll have to see the doctor after today's meeting with the Tax Guy. See how much of my Buttocks they took. He already diagnosed me with flat butt disease—nothing like Uncle Sam and his little brother, MO, and their Taxes.
I'm so sorry! I feel for you.
That's horrible. My sincerest sympathies.
Regards,
Richard
I saw a quote once about how our fur-family gives us some of the best days of our lives... and one of the worst ones. I'm so sorry your worst one came. I hope she visits you in happy dreams.
Charlie, I am so very sorry for your loss. Katie has been a lovely part of the forums and I have loved to see her because it meant you would be there.
My hugs for you at this time.
Mary