Please delete this entire thread

135

Comments

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 30

    I showed Abigail my dog painting.

    abigail cow sm.jpg
    1024 x 740 - 112K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    I threw myself an April Fools Party yesterday. My senior friends aren't always "up for" parties.

    Two reasons for the party: 1.) A late birthday party and 2.) Celebrating the anniversary of when I got my first hearing aid.

    To celebrate, I ordered some beer and pizza. The beer and pizza deliveries arrived close together. I was able to sit downstairs and wait for each delivery.

    I ordered some items from Amazon. There were four deliveries scheduled.

    Three deliveries were not made because the drivers said they couldn't gain access to the building. This was at 6:30 PM.

    Amazon delivery drivers have work phones which contain the code needed to gain admittance to the building. One driver returned, and dumped my pickles in the outside entryway.

    So now there are maybe five deliveries coming over the next few days. Let's see if or when I get my stuff.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited April 2

    Just trying out the DAZ House cat and My Furry Friend Pose Set.

    Cat Pose 01.jpg
    685 x 777 - 325K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 4,948

    Looks like your thread is working out. Digital Ron seems like he's doing fine!

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    Just curious, what is the red ball on the sole of her shoe? Do you prefer the Daz Housecat or Zeus?
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,154
    Looks like her big toe, TBH. Regards, Richard
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited April 7

    Thanks for the feedback.

    I have no idea what's going on with the shoe. I was too lazy to check it out..

    I've only briefly used the cats. No time to form an opinion,

    I'm sitting in my hospital bed now in lazy mode. Typing is hard. Signing out

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    richardandtracy said:

    Looks like her big toe, TBH. Regards, Richard

    Oh, I think you are right. I was on my phone looking at a small image at the time I asked.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited April 7

    All fixed. Thanks again for the feedback.

    cat pose redone.jpg
    685 x 777 - 327K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,715

    Judging by the fur I think you had the Geoemtry editor (or one of the other content creation tools) active when you rendered that second one.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited April 8

    Richard, if it was active, it was by accident. How can I check?!

    But I have to confess it looks pretty cool. Reminds me of that beautiful "tail lift" you had earlier.

    I noticed this "thing" on the workspace screen. Any idea what it is? And how to get rid of it?

    what is.png
    627 x 440 - 147K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603
    edited April 8

    The Geometry Editor is a tool that you may have clicked on in the toolbar. Mesh Grabber has the same effect. If either is the active tool, dForce hair will not look right in the render. In this screenshot, the Geometry Editor tool is on the left and the Mesh Grabber is on the right. I think some other tools can also have the same problematic effect on your render, but these are the two that I most often leave selected accidently when I cause myself this problem. Your toolbar might look a little different, because users can rearrange the tools to suit themselves.
    You might wonder why Daz allows those tools to mess up renders. It is because those tools are called content creation tools, and content creators (PAs and advanced users) NEED those tools to preform some content creation activities.

    Screenshot 2026-04-07 205426.png
    170 x 172 - 9K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    To be safe, select a tool like the Node Selection tool before rendering your scene. It looks like an arrow See the attached screenshot.

    Screenshot 2026-04-07 205828.png
    161 x 146 - 5K
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited April 8

    OK, I found that the Blanche character somehow got hit with that problem. I re-used her in several images.

    I took drastic action and just rebuilt Blanche from scratch, including clothes and hair, etc.

    Blanche is happy now. And I'll probably play some Mahjong Solitaire for awhile.

    Blanche Happy.jpg
    685 x 777 - 246K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 12

    My past few weeks have been the stuff of nightmares. 

    The highlight and lowlight was going to the MN State Capitol Building to see my artwork on display (along with that of all my fellow artists!) The lowlight was being left behind as the rest of the artists ran to the Capitol Building. I won't go on another field trip.

    I made the mistake of asking for blackout curtains because of the intense sunlight coming into the living room as I sit at the computer. They took away my drapes, and left my windows bare for four days. I did my best to cover the windows with misc stuff. The worst was when I returned from the doctor's office with dilated pupils.

    I have discovered a new skill. While sleeping, I arrange my body diagonally on the bed, with my head hanging off the edge. I have a "death grip" on a hospital bed rail to keep me from falling all the way.

     

    !!!!!eye sm.jpg
    1024 x 742 - 135K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    Someone is watching you.

     

    !!zeus watch 02.jpg
    862 x 768 - 61K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    My latest self-portrait. I haven't done a painting in about a month.

    This time I decided to get silly.

     

    ron silly 01 sm.jpg
    627 x 768 - 207K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    So what is the story of my recent "artistic dry spell?!"

    It all started when I showed this painting of Tango and Yeti to a friend.

     

    tango-yeti 01 sm.jpg
    957 x 768 - 227K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    Her reaction shook me a little.

     

    abigail cow sm.jpg
    1024 x 740 - 112K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    I stopped painting for about a month. i bought a couple cow shirts.

     

    cow 02 sm.jpg
    794 x 768 - 134K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    Tonight, I did this very silly self-portrait.

     

     

    silly ron.jpg
    526 x 701 - 51K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    Then I started this dog picture.

     

    new dog.jpg
    526 x 701 - 42K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    The Great Art Class and State Capitol Misadventure

    It all started rather simply. I took an Acrylic Portrait Painting class with my friends. We had an Art Show in our dining room.

    In this photo you see Tango's family. Yeti is there in his role as a Service Dog.

     

     

    lyng02 sm.jpg
    576 x 768 - 197K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    We were all asked to submit one of our paintings to be showcased at the Minnesota State Capitol.

    We rode on a bus to see our art on display. We had to walk a long way to get into the building. i thought I was gonna die.

     

    capitol.jpg
    526 x 701 - 72K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,603

    Ron Knights said:

    Then I started this dog picture.

     

    Nobody could mistake that for a cow. That is definitely a nice looking dog. 

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    Here's my painting on display.

     

     

    ron painting.jpg
    526 x 701 - 44K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    Here's one look at part of the art gallery.

     

    gallery.jpg
    720 x 540 - 85K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 15

    Here are the artists from several of our buildings. We were the only ones to see our artwork.

    There was no ceremony or crowd of people to see our work. 

    We thought we might get to talk to a legislator. We sat in the cold, dark gallery, for 3-4 hours. The legislator was busy.

    That's ok, but we shouldn't have had to sit there for so long. It would have been better to ask the legislator to visit us at our "campus" one day.

    We'd already seen our own artwork at home.

     

     

    artists.jpg
    720 x 540 - 71K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Thanks for the compliment, barbult.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited May 16

    Here's my wall of Portraits.

     

    walker sm.jpg
    1024 x 586 - 174K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
Sign In or Register to comment.