The 'Eat Your Food and Like It' Complaint Thread

1…7576788081…100

Comments

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,696

    Rabbits can be quite intrepid in pursuit of nice (i.e. cultivated) plants, so it may have been on your side of the road. Still, it is a worry in general even without the specific experience, so I hope the cat-proofing is sufficient discouragement..

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    Condolences on your previous cat. How horrible. sad I hope you can keep your current cat safe.

    We don't let our cats outside here. The street is busy, plus there are wild animals (black bears and moose in my immediate neighborhood, fishers and bobcats and such in town) and then the crazy people. When my kids were in school, someone was going around chopping outdoor cats in half and leaving the bodies. The police never found who was doing it. sad Still, some people let theirs out. Not me.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    Fingers crossed for Toby to stay safe, Richard. I'm so sorry for Floyd's fate.

    My cats have always been indoor, too... when I was little, my BFF's tabby escaped out the door and was gone for probably a week... we were both heartbroken and sure she must've died. Then one of the neighbors heard a meowing down in the storm sewer... he came over to get my dad, and together they somehow got down there and got the kitten rescued. I'm not sure if the neighbor knew whose it was, but Dad did right off. Definitely made an impression on my kid-self that stuck. And like @butterflyfish, there's a lot of predatory wildlife around here. Raptors, coyote, coons, the occasional bear... and way too many people who drive way too fast.

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,137

    Richard, I echo everyone's comments. I wish you healing and success on your cat-proof fencing. I am glad Charlie and Simon are indoor cats only. We are surrounded by busy roads and parking lots, and fools going way too fast for the conditions. Even children at the bus stop are at risk from speeders not stopping when the 'Stop Sign' is flipped out. And E-bikes on the sidewalks doing 40mph.

    I had to do a genetic chart of both sides of my family for high school biology and with my mother's help I found out that on her side and my father's, blue, green, and light hazel eyes with blond and reddish hair predominated. Except for me, my father, his mother, and her father. We all had dark brown/black hair, brown eyes from her father's native American ancestry. But later, when I was in a makeup store in direct sunlight, a clerk got close and said I actually had dark hazel eyes. That explained the darkish, olive tones I would see. I described them as 'baby s#@t green' normally to people. My son was white blond, with light hazel eyes. My recessive genes mixed with his father's dominent genes and won out. Everyone thought my little sister was his mother at first.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,150
    edited April 5

    Thank you all for your support.

    Toby is a busy-busy kitten and it would drive him (and us) mad for him to be an indoor only cat. Fortunately the only real hazards for him are roads and other cats. Our road has been effectively bypassed by a massive roadworks scheme that took 5 years to complete and now it's a pretty quiet road where most drivers go at less than 30mph limit. There are some, though, who travel at MUCH higher speeds (70+mph, much faster and they won't get round the bend at the edge of the village). Away from the morning and evening rush we get maybe 12 vehicles an hour, so if we can time when he's allowed out he'll probably be safe even if he's silly and escapes.

    The rabbits: The Warren was there when we arrived here 21 years ago, and in the first 9 years we never saw evidence of a rabbit crossing the road. Then 12 years ago Floyd decimated the Warren, taking out all bunnies and two thirds of the adults (all of which he dragged home to eat - well over a hundred in 2 months, it was carnage - I got one maggot dripping corpse from our garage where an adult escaped Floyd and then died of its injuries) and it took 3 years to start seeing any rabbits again during the day. Since then, in 9 years, the rabbits haven't crossed the road, so I really don't think the bunny crossed the road of it's own volition.

    Regards,

    Richard 

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,137

    Richard, do you have bunny ghosts haunt your grounds on Halloween or Easter? 

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    3DIO said:

    @SilverGirl
    Good to hear I triggered some much-needed endorphins, lol


    Meanwhile ...


    Richard:
    "I had a great aunt with one green and one very light blue/grey eye. Never seen that since."

    David Bowie:
    "Hold my beer."
     

     Is this a real photo? Or is it Genesis?

    IMG_1563.png
    1125 x 750 - 934K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,150
    edited April 5

    Richard, do you have bunny ghosts haunt your grounds on Halloween or Easter? 

    None that I've seen. I imagine they're all terrified of the cats. Regards, Richard

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Non-complaints: 1. An old high school friend got in touch with me after decades & we had a great text session the other night. We might even be able to meet up! Odd we never found each in when we were living in the same place, but neither of us was looking.

    2. I am narrowing down my search for HAL 9000 2.0's replacement (AKA new computer), & it looks like one with an RTX4050, or possibly a 5050, is in budget.

    3. I finally replaced the peeling stick-on mailbox numbers and will be cleaning the living room rug & ordering Swiffer solution & reusable pads. After that, I will declare Spring Cleaning done. (I despise housework, possibly because Teen Me had to do most of it after Mom took herself out of the picture. Running his painting business, paying bills, & cooking our meals kept Dad's plare full, so Teen Me got the rest of the indoor chores.)

    4. Husband got a new bathroom faucet & toilet flush handle and inner parts, both of which were much needed, and also found some good meat deals at grocery.

    Complaint: 1. Husband hasn't installed the plumbing stuff yet. 2. Kitchen countertop needs replaced.

  • KinichKinich Posts: 941

    Heterochromia iridum, is the condition where one eye is a different colour to the other. It's not just people but some animals can as well, Sparkie, one of our cats, has this very condition and has as long as we have had her. We got her as a rescue at about 9 months old back in 2013, so she'll be turning 14 this summer.

    Sparkie.jpg
    2615 x 2404 - 1M
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    complaint: Yesterday I opened the pencil drawer of my desk, and the bottom gave way. I think it was because Little Dude was under there using it as a cave and kicked it, and it was one of those cheap assembly desks, so... poo happens.

    non-complaint: My dad has all sorts of scrap lumber and such left over from various house projects, so I figured I'd ask him to cut something down for me and I'd take after it with the electric drill and some screws. However, Dad decided I'd had quite enough go wrong in my week and that this was something he could do something about, and so made off with the drawer and returned it later in the day... better than new. My hero.

     non-complaint:  Seven years today was Mediation Day, when my amazing, literally award-winning lawyer kicked all the butt ever. (The ex had had hired the son of a friend who was on the HOA board with him. He speciailized in IP and had never taken on a family law case. And for some stupid reason it hadn't dawned on the ex that I would come with a whole raft of evidence that he really, really would not want entered in any sort of official court record if things progressed to going before a judge. It was glorious slaughter.) Every day of our new life is a celebration, but today I'm definitely making myself a fancy coffee and figuring out if there's anything Teen Kiddo wants to do to mark the anniversary. Also, make some art. Because I can now, and he can't stop me.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504
    edited April 5

    Non-complaint:  I've been cleaning out the older things in the freezer, as well as trying to use up expiring canned goods, so over the last week I've accumulated numerous fridge-tainers of left-overs.  Today being Easter (and because, again, nobody invited me to dinner), I decided to have a go at using up the left-overs.  I used one of my big plates (ooh, fancy) and piled it with a thick slice of ham, a bundle of asparagus, baked beans, lima beans, a dollop of a Hamburger Helper concoction, peaches, a dollop of goulash, beets, and some nearly dead salad greens.  Desert was a piece of blueberry pie.  Mmmm... Easter left-overs dinner.yes

    Complaint:  I still have some of every one of those leftovers, except the pie.sad  Although, I think I just heard the salad greens die.frown

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766

    LOL

    Copilot_20260405_120816.png
    1536 x 1024 - 2M
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766

    3DIO said:


    @AgitatedRiot
    Ah, but does your wife have her head tilted when making these claims?

     

    Nope, I just think sometimes she is cock eyed. 

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    I am not sure what is going on, but I think my landlady might have thrown out most my coiffee, Cheerios, all my bananas and maybe other dtuff.  I can't verify at this time,

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,137

    Not sure what to call this: Charlie woke me up at 01:30am MDT with his barking meow. Okay, get my act together and start the day. Bathroom, feed/water cat bowls, coffee, computer all handled with that meow bark in the background. As I sat down at the computer finally, I looked down on my bed and there was a brown 'gift' and a disappearing orange furry butt. Tissues gather it up and I drop it into the toilet. Checked the two cat trays, almost pristine, only minor usage. Later, I hear sounds in the bathroom, a bathmat being pulled up. Yep, it had been substituted for his trays. Handled. Then again. Okay, took the now bathmat to the laundryroom and closed the bathroom door. The two cat trays now showing waves of usage. But flatmate now up and I warned him to watch where he steps, just in case. (He cleans the cat trays.)

    Charlie is now laying quietly on my bed like the gentleman he normally is.

    I am so glad I am retired and don't have to go to work and be expected to use my brain today.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504
    edited April 6

    Non-complaint:  Old movie spectaculars from the '50s & '60s:  For all the old folks out there, do you miss the big movies from that era?  Three hours-plus movies with overture music, flamboyant lead-in credits, an intermission with music long enough to pee and get another box of popcorn, and at the end, satisfaction when "THE END" finally shows up on the screen.  Movies filled with long lists of notable actors from the era, not just one or two.  Spectaculars with over the top costuming, big scenes with huge armies of extras & horses, great cinematography, fantastic landscapes.  Yes, the lighting was always too perfect, nobody whispered, and people talked clearly enough that you could understand them, but that didn't distract from the plot and concise dialog.

    I just finished watching the 1956 version of Jules Verne's Around The World In Eighty Days.  The one with David Niven.  If you don't know who David Niven is then the the others in this list are probably meaningless also.  I'd never seen that movie all the way through, I'd caught pieces of it but before I'd learned to recognize the numerous famous actors with cameo appearances in it.  People like Buster Keaton, Alan Mobray, Cesar Romero, Red skelton, Charles Boyer, James Cagney, Sir Cedric Hardwicke, Sir John Gielgud, John Carradine, Frank Sinatra, Gary Cooper, Peter Lorre, Robert Morely, Kirk Douglas, Joe E. Brown, Andy Devine, Hermione Gingold, Glynis Johns, Marlene Dietrich and Shirley Maclaine and more.  And although Cantinflas was 2nd billed as the ever resourceful Passepartout to Niven's Phileas Fogg, and being aware of the name, I had never put a face to the name and had never known anything else he'd ever been in.  Yes the whole thing was gloriously politically incorrect by today's standards, but was equally so in all the countries they visited.  

    The fact that I sat through the whole thing including the unskippable commercials, says that it was a fun diversion of dead actor spotting for half of this morning.yes

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504
    edited April 6

    Complaint:  Bills, bills, and more bills.  Just when I thought that I was safely out of the red.  And it's still another whole week before next SS deposit.   But at least my doctors are happy that I moved my debt from them to my credit card.frown  Now to make the credit card company happy.crying

    Complaint:  My various doctors have too many different website organizations each organization with their own schemes for paying bills and even letting you know which doctor in the organization is charging you for which service.  You have to go hunting through multiple levels.  It was so much easier when they each sent you a paper bill with an itemized service list and you let it sit on your desk for a month or two before writing a check.  Back then you knew who you were paying, now it's a guessing game of planned obscurity.sad

    Non-complaint:  But hopefully there will be no need for an uptown trip this week.indecision

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Non-complaint:  Old movie spectaculars from the '50s & '60s:  For all the old folks out there, do you miss the big movies from that era?  Three hours-plus movies with overture music, flamboyant lead-in credits, an intermission with music long enough to pee and get another box of popcorn, and at the end, satisfaction when "THE END" finally shows up on the screen.  Movies filled with long lists of notable actors from the era, not just one or two.  Spectaculars with over the top costuming, big scenes with huge armies of extras & horses, great cinematography, fantastic landscapes.  Yes, the lighting was always too perfect, nobody whispered, and people talked clearly enough that you could understand them, but that didn't distract from the plot and concise dialog.

    I just finished watching the 1956 version of Jules Verne's Around The World In Eighty Days.  The one with David Niven.  If you don't know who David Niven is then the the others in this list are probably meaningless also.  I'd never seen that movie all the way through, I'd caught pieces of it but before I'd learned to recognize the numerous famous actors with cameo appearances in it.  People like Buster Keaton, Alan Mobray, Cesar Romero, Red skelton, Charles Boyer, James Cagney, Sir Cedric Hardwicke, Sir John Gielgud, John Carradine, Frank Sinatra, Gary Cooper, Peter Lorre, Robert Morely, Kirk Douglas, Joe E. Brown, Andy Devine, Hermione Gingold, Glynis Johns, Marlene Dietrich and Shirley Maclaine and more.  And although Cantinflas was 2nd billed as the ever resourceful Passepartout to Niven's Phileas Fogg, and being aware of the name, I had never put a face to the name and had never known anything else he'd ever been in.  Yes the whole thing was gloriously politically incorrect by today's standards, but was equally so in all the countries they visited.  

    The fact that I sat through the whole thing including the unskippable commercials, says that it was a fun diversion of dead actor spotting for half of this morning.yes

    I just watched 1963 Cleopatra (5h 20m). They also had intermissions, so people could get up and move about.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504
    edited April 6

    AgitatedRiot said:

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Non-complaint:  Old movie spectaculars from the '50s & '60s:  For all the old folks out there, ...[snip]...

    I just watched 1963 Cleopatra (5h 20m). They also had intermissions, so people could get up and move about.

    Yeah, that was a biggie!  Stamina, takes stamina and multiple bathroom breaks.laugh I saw it when it came out in theaters back in '63.  I was 15.  I'd seen the clips of it from the Oscars that year.  My parents wouldn't go but I pestered them to take me into the city and drop me off for the day.

    During college in '67 I walked 4 miles (twice) from campus into downtown Melbourne, Florida to see the original 6 hour American release of the Russian production of "War and Peace".  So long it had to be screened on two successive days.  Recently (sometime within the last 10 years) I've purchased the original Russian release of over 7 hours on five DVDs.  After the first 4 hours one gets tired of reading the bad subtitles.frown  But the costumes, armies, sets and landscapes are great.yes  But the book was better.smiley  Read the book first, then watch the movie with subtitles turned off.  Or only use them to determine who the characters are.enlightenedlaugh

    What I remember best was the winter Troika (3 horses abreast) sleigh race scene, and the Battle of Borrodino scene (Napoleon attacking outside Moscow), with the bumbling Pierre (Count) Bezukov wandering naively in the middle of the huge battle with cannon and horses and men being blown apart all around him.frown  Oh, and also, the scene in one of the battles where Napoleon stands over one of the wounded Russian major characters, and you hear the character's thoughts of how small Napoleon looked and how trapped in his role as Emperor he was.  Feeling almost sorry for him.  Great book.

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    Complaint: Little Dude got to sleep at 2:30 AM on yesterday's wake/sleep cycle. The previous one, he woke at 4:30 AM. I am so very jet-lagged. TFGC (thank goodness for coffee). Meanwhile, no one from the CFSS fiasco sent a single communication. At 2 PM I insisted on being forwarded to the lady's supervisor if she couldn't fix it by day's end, as I'm now on day 6 of not being able to make a time card entry. At the very VERY end of the day she replied that she had contacted the assessor's supervisor with my info and a request to reach out.

    Supposing she actually did and someone actually gets back to me, I'm going to insist on original lady's supervisor's info because her attitude and actions are seriously unacceptable and need to be addressed. If this was the correct next step, she should have done it last Thursday instead of making me pull teeth for three days.

    So of course today has ended and this all still isn't solved.

    And Little Dude is righteously cranky that the temperature took a nose dive and we can't go walking. But hey, the yard crew was out with their fleet of leaf blowers to wake him before he was ready.

    You'd think in a life where there's no fundamental difference between week days and week ends that Mondays wouldn't still be so very Monday-ish, but here we are.

    non-complaint: Coffee. Also, after multiple days of picking and poking at it, I almost have my manticore battle scene ready to render. Scored the manticore with one of the Easter egg coupons last weekend and it was just the thing for some art therapy.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    memcneil70 said:

    Not sure what to call this: Charlie woke me up at 01:30am MDT with his barking meow. Okay, get my act together and start the day. Bathroom, feed/water cat bowls, coffee, computer all handled with that meow bark in the background. As I sat down at the computer finally, I looked down on my bed and there was a brown 'gift' and a disappearing orange furry butt. Tissues gather it up and I drop it into the toilet. Checked the two cat trays, almost pristine, only minor usage. Later, I hear sounds in the bathroom, a bathmat being pulled up. Yep, it had been substituted for his trays. Handled. Then again. Okay, took the now bathmat to the laundryroom and closed the bathroom door. The two cat trays now showing waves of usage. But flatmate now up and I warned him to watch where he steps, just in case. (He cleans the cat trays.)

    Charlie is now laying quietly on my bed like the gentleman he normally is.

    I am so glad I am retired and don't have to go to work and be expected to use my brain today.

    Yikes. I'm glad it appears to have been a passing thing and not a bigger issue. 

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504
    edited April 7

    Complaint:  Snow again!  Winter here is stubborn.frown  Need more April showers, for the May flowers.

    Non-complaint:  Easter leftover leftovers are nearly gone.  Yay!smiley

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,175
    edited April 7

    Complaint: Is it just that time of year for medical insurance woes? Have just found out that the supplier I rent my oxygen equipment from is no longer "in- network"  but the supplier that is in-network is not wanting to give me the same equipment ,I have a large in home oxygen concentrator  ,a portable oxygen concentrator ,for when I leave the house ,and a single oxygen tank in case of a power outage.The new company sent ,a large oxygen concentrator ,and 5 oxygen tanks ,but the said no portable oxygen concentrator unless I take a walking test to see if I actually need it ....... my doctor has said I NEED oxygen 24-7 ....... so why does the supplier have the right to require a test? This has been going on for a week ,every call dirrects me to someone else and I'm getting no answers  ,really feel like just letting them take the equipment and let nature take it's course ..

    and I'm not sure what good 5 oxygen tanks would do me as I can't move them ,I use a walker and they don't fit in the little basket on that thing ,and trying to drag them after me while using the walker is not happening and just plain stupid .

     

    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    carrie58 said:

    Complaint: Is it just that time of year for medical insurance woes? Have just found out that the supplier I rent my oxygen equipment from is no longer "in- network"  but the supplier that is in-network is not wanting to give me the same equipment ,I have a large in home oxygen concentrator  ,a portable oxygen concentrator ,for when I leave the house ,and a single oxygen tank in case of a power outage.The new company sent ,a large oxygen concentrator ,and 5 oxygen tanks ,but the said no portable oxygen concentrator unless I take a walking test to see if I actually need it ....... my doctor has said I NEED oxygen 24-7 ....... so why does the supplier have the right to require a test? This has been going on for a week ,every call dirrects me to someone else and I'm getting no answers  ,really feel like just letting them take the equipment and let nature take it's course ..

    and I'm not sure what good 5 oxygen tanks would do me as I can't move them ,I use a walker and they don't fit in the little basket on that thing ,and trying to drag them after me while using the walker is not happening and just plain stupid .

     

    I am so sorry you're going through this. You'd think some common sense would reign around the ability to BREATHE, of all things. 

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 13,641

    carrie58 said:

    Complaint: Is it just that time of year for medical insurance woes? Have just found out that the supplier I rent my oxygen equipment from is no longer "in- network"  but the supplier that is in-network is not wanting to give me the same equipment ,I have a large in home oxygen concentrator  ,a portable oxygen concentrator ,for when I leave the house ,and a single oxygen tank in case of a power outage.The new company sent ,a large oxygen concentrator ,and 5 oxygen tanks ,but the said no portable oxygen concentrator unless I take a walking test to see if I actually need it ....... my doctor has said I NEED oxygen 24-7 ....... so why does the supplier have the right to require a test? This has been going on for a week ,every call dirrects me to someone else and I'm getting no answers  ,really feel like just letting them take the equipment and let nature take it's course ..

    and I'm not sure what good 5 oxygen tanks would do me as I can't move them ,I use a walker and they don't fit in the little basket on that thing ,and trying to drag them after me while using the walker is not happening and just plain stupid .

     

    The walking test may be an insurance requirement and also may be required to determine if you can use pulse dose (instead of continuous flow). I  know my Medicare with BCBS suppllement will not cover a portable generator for me. So, I have to live with small  tanks that I carry in a shoulder bag.

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,175
    edited April 7

    Charlie Judge said:

    carrie58 said:

    Complaint: Is it just that time of year for medical insurance woes? Have just found out that the supplier I rent my oxygen equipment from is no longer "in- network"  but the supplier that is in-network is not wanting to give me the same equipment ,I have a large in home oxygen concentrator  ,a portable oxygen concentrator ,for when I leave the house ,and a single oxygen tank in case of a power outage.The new company sent ,a large oxygen concentrator ,and 5 oxygen tanks ,but the said no portable oxygen concentrator unless I take a walking test to see if I actually need it ....... my doctor has said I NEED oxygen 24-7 ....... so why does the supplier have the right to require a test? This has been going on for a week ,every call dirrects me to someone else and I'm getting no answers  ,really feel like just letting them take the equipment and let nature take it's course ..

    and I'm not sure what good 5 oxygen tanks would do me as I can't move them ,I use a walker and they don't fit in the little basket on that thing ,and trying to drag them after me while using the walker is not happening and just plain stupid .

     

    The walking test may be an insurance requirement and also may be required to determine if you can use pulse dose (instead of continuous flow). I  know my Medicare with BCBS suppllement will not cover a portable generator for me. So, I have to live with small  tanks that I carry in a shoulder bag.

     Hmm well the tanks they were provideing me were not small tanks they were about 3 feet tall ,small tanks I might have understood ,not those . Plus I've been using the portable concentrator now since November ,I think that should prove something ....

    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766
    edited April 7

    LeatherGryphon said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Non-complaint:  Old movie spectaculars from the '50s & '60s:  For all the old folks out there, ...[snip]...

    I just watched 1963 Cleopatra (5h 20m). They also had intermissions, so people could get up and move about.

    Yeah, that was a biggie!  Stamina, takes stamina and multiple bathroom breaks.laugh I saw it when it came out in theaters back in '63.  I was 15.  I'd seen the clips of it from the Oscars that year.  My parents wouldn't go but I pestered them to take me into the city and drop me off for the day.

    During college in '67 I walked 4 miles (twice) from campus into downtown Melbourne, Florida to see the original 6 hour American release of the Russian production of "War and Peace".  So long it had to be screened on two successive days.  Recently (sometime within the last 10 years) I've purchased the original Russian release of over 7 hours on five DVDs.  After the first 4 hours one gets tired of reading the bad subtitles.frown  But the costumes, armies, sets and landscapes are great.yes  But the book was better.smiley  Read the book first, then watch the movie with subtitles turned off.  Or only use them to determine who the characters are.enlightenedlaugh

    What I remember best was the winter Troika (3 horses abreast) sleigh race scene, and the Battle of Borrodino scene (Napoleon attacking outside Moscow), with the bumbling Pierre (Count) Bezukov wandering naively in the middle of the huge battle with cannon and horses and men being blown apart all around him.frown  Oh, and also, the scene in one of the battles where Napoleon stands over one of the wounded Russian major characters, and you hear the character's thoughts of how small Napoleon looked and how trapped in his role as Emperor he was.  Feeling almost sorry for him.  Great book.

    My wife loves it when I watch these movies; she likes how long they are. I laugh. Looking at Ben Hur. It's only a little over 3 hours.

    I like foreign films, and my wife complains that I leave the subtitles on. I recommend "Logistics (2012)", it's only 35 days and 17 hours long. The film traces the journey of a small plastic electronic pedometer in reverse, starting from its sale in a store in Stockholm, Sweden, and moving backward through freight transportation to the factory in Shenzhen, China, where it was manufactured. 

     

    Guinness World Records

    The movie is filmed in real-time, capturing every leg of the logistical process, including road, rail, and sea transport. The project explores themes of time and consumption, highlighting the slow, physical processes that underpin global supply chains.

     

    YES, I have not got the nerve to watch it. I love the short Modern Mavels over something like that.

    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,175

    Non Complaint : Finally got people to answer the phones and got the whole oxygen concentrators messed cleared up,now I'll be able to sleep until the next stress/anxiety episode ......

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    carrie58 said:

    Non Complaint : Finally got people to answer the phones and got the whole oxygen concentrators messed cleared up,now I'll be able to sleep until the next stress/anxiety episode ......

    YAY!!! Celebrating with you!! 

This discussion has been closed.