Please delete this entire thread

245

Comments

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 19

    Thanks, Jan!

    I just finalized the latest version of my likeness today. I'll show it to them at lunch tomorrow.

    You know, many years ago, I had a somewhat visible presence online, via YouTube and my web site.

    I was driven offline over a decade ago due to some active bullying.

    Lately I've wanted to regain that recognition, but it hasn't worked so far.

    But then, I have this wonderful family of around 100 people. They love my stuff, and i love them!

    I'm doing well after all.

    Oh, I love your name... are you a real scrapper, like me?!

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 20

    I decided to update my 3D alter ego. To accomplish this goal I purchased the Michael 8 HD addition.

    Then I made my character heavier and added more aged details. I think I'm done here.... I get exhausted easily.

     

    Ron Heavy Head 01 smaller.png
    862 x 768 - 608K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 20

    And here's the body shot.

    Ron Heavy Head 01 Stand smaller.png
    215 x 400 - 63K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    That's coming along nicely. I think your head ( in the photos with your friends ) is not as long and skinny as the 3D model. Maybe there are some head width and size dials you could try, if you agree with my observation.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 21

    Thanks. I think you're right. I actually started working on another version.

    This time I started with the Michael 8 HD version. I'd just bought it this morning.

    I got lost a few hours ago. Now it's midnight, and I'm off to bed.

     

     

    Ron M8 HD 11 sm.png
    768 x 723 - 574K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 23

    3DIO, thanks for your supportive reply. I'll check out the movie later.

    I just got done hanging up all my portrait paintings tonight. I don't really care that they are not "level."

    Most of the time I'm dizzy anyway.

    portraits sm.jpg
    576 x 768 - 216K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    Just say you held your camera crooked,

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    That would be easy to accomplish since I'm always rather tipsey. (Even without the booze!)

    Oh I used my ancient Apple iPad for a camera this time. It's easier to handle big things these days!

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 23

    Here is a photo of Tango and Yeti. I think this is the one I used as an inspiration for my painting.

     

    tango-yeti 03 sm.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 182K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 23

    Tango was Ray Ray's service dog through high school. Then Tango retired.

    Tango's family visited us on Fridays. Louise was one of our residents. Sherry was her daughter. They brought Tango to visit Louise, and us. It's so special to have a retired service dog visit us.

    Yeti took over through Ray Ray's College Years. Unfortunately, Yeti has cancer. The cancer has been treated, but will not stop.

    So now they do their best to keep Yeti comfortable and hope he might last till Ray Ray finishes college this year.

    That is why I very much wanted to do a painting with Tango and Yeti together.

     

     

    tango-yeti 01 sm.jpg
    576 x 768 - 124K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 24

    This was me in 2008. I had a lot of fluid retention. At the time I weight 330 pounds.

    I got treatment which included "soft casts," and compression stockings. I lost maybe 50 pounds.

    ron2008 sm.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 186K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 24

    This is me in 2026. I weigh about 280 pounds now. I'm not great at math.

    But the difference is dramatic.

    lyng02 sm.jpg
    576 x 768 - 197K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Combined birthday for everyone who has a birthday in March.

     

     

    birthday 02 sm.jpg
    576 x 768 - 143K
    birthday 01sm.jpg
    576 x 768 - 133K
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 25

    I'm actually happier now than I ever was!

    Now it appears my 2TB SSD may be going defective.

    I've noticed some content appears missing, even though the original files are in the proper DIM folder.

    It's time to move over to my 7TB "regular" Hard drives. 

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,717

    If you mean you can see the files in a WIndows Explorer window but not DS then it probably isn't a drive fault.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Another of my nightmares concerns memory loss. That's not surprising when you consider that I live in a senior citizen community.

    We've had many friends slip into dementia, and move next door to a special care community, etc.

    I am away from home. Often I don't know my name, or where I live. 

    I have some papers or paperwork on me, but I don't understand what I see. 

    I have a wallet, but it has "funny money" or coupons instead of bills. Apparently I'd bought stuff in a store, and the cashier gave me this funny money or coupons instead of real cash money.

    For some reason my wallet turns into a portable file box. I want to sort through my wallet to get rid of the funny money. But people are all around, and really nosey. I'm afraid I'll be robbed.

    There are two potential living places. One is in a suburb whose name I can't remember.

    Another residence is in an apartment building. I never remember the correct address. But it's near a cathedral. There is a cathedral near downtown St Paul, but I don't think there is an apartment building like that in the area,

    The apartment building has security. You need a badge to get into the gate and the grounds. You need a special badge to take a secret elevator to the apartments.

    One floor has a shopping mall. But I can't remember the exact details.

    I'm not even sure if I live there. I might have rented an apartment but never moved in.

    In some episodes, my brother Bob lives there with his wife. Bob died in 1987. He was divorced in the early 1970s.

    That's enough for tonight.

    Time for a fitful dream.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    Another nightmare element involves my iPhone. For some reason I can never bring up a screen that I can actually use.

    Sometimes I can hit a virtual button and get SIRI (virtual assistant?) to answer but she usually refuses to help me, at least completely.

    I say "Call David." SIRI usually argues with me, maybe says it would involve an extra charge, But who is my actual cellphone carrier?

    Sometimes I reach David on the phone. Sometimes I understand what he says. Sometimes he won't help me because he has a different work schedule.

    But the kicker? David died last year.

    Sometimes I have a car. But I never know which car I have or where it is parked. Over my adult life, my Dad provided most of my cars.

    In the dreams, he keeps taking away whatever car I used. Maybe he left me a replacement. But I never know what it looks like or where it is parked.

    All too often the vehicle is reported stolen. But it is an error. I go to the police department and argue with them about it. Never get the vehicle back.

     

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    You should see my multimedia setup. I have a mini pc connected to a QNAP box with two 14TB hard drives and a couple other drives (don't remember their capacity!)

    My DAZ  Studio PC is a 6-year-old PC with a 6GB mVidia card which will eventually be abandoned by iRay or nVidia.

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 26

    Yeah, RAID might be prudent. But i'm not known for being over-practical.

    I look at it this way: I live on a limited, fixed income. It's hard enough for me to afford the hard drives for the original files.

    RAID would effectively double the needed hard drives Then I'd need the proper "box" to handle it all.

    I get easily confused if things get too involved.. I understand the concept of RAID. But to actually put it in action, I'd fall apart.

    I still have the DVDs and BlueRay discs. It would take countless hours to "re-rip" everything... but I prefer not to think about it.

    My biggest data strategy happened with my Poser and DAZ Content.

    Some of the stuff was downloaded from sources that no longer exist.

    Providers of freebies often move on or die.

    Some online stores have died, or been bought out by DAZ or Renderosity etc.

    I lost most of my first cast of 3D characters because of that problem. 

    Fortunately I've since started gathering more of a cast of characters. But this time most of them are just "straight out of the box," with the names the had when created by the PAs.

    When I started assembling the multimedia setup, I adusted my strategy twice. 

    I started with two 8TB (I mistakenly called them 7TB before) hard drives for the media. One 8TB hard drive had the media while the other was a straight backup.

    The 8TB hard drives serve the DAZ Studio computer now. One for original files, the other for a straight backup.

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 27

    I collect TV shows as well as movies. So yeah, that adds up!

    One of my most recent, time-consuming projects was Doctor Who.

    ***** Edited to add***

    I did a count of the four hard drives in my external QNAP case. There is a total of 34TB.

    I might have missed an external drive or two.

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    3DIO said:

    Well if that doesn't explain the sudden shortage of storage for the rest of us, then I don't know what does.

    I've read a lot of news articles about the storage shortage.  The journalists in general tend to blame the likes of AMD, Micron, Nvidia and Samsung for being sell-outs to big tech.  But really, the clued-up amongs us have always suspected it could be the Ron Knights RAM and Storage Cartel behind it all.

    laughlaugh You may have something there. I'd better not mention how much drive space I have in My two NAS boxes. blush 

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 29

    It doesn't matter how much you have, someone always has more.

    I also have two other computers in the living room.

    But their storage space is paltry compared to the multimedia mini computer.

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    Ron Knights said:

    It doesn't matter how much you have, someone always has more.

    I also have two other computers in the living room.

    But their storage space is paltry compared to the multimedia mini computer.

    And no matter how much you HAVE, you always NEED more. 

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 29

    Ok, this begins my first attempt to post a story here in this thread.

    I may be somewhat Dyslexic, but always confused. So bear with me.

    RON pg 011sm.jpg
    1024 x 697 - 100K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 29

    This is page 2. That's probably all I'll do tonight.

    ron pg 0222 p2 sm.jpg
    1024 x 602 - 89K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 29

    Let's try this again.

    2RON 011sm.jpg
    1024 x 726 - 88K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 29

    Let's reduce the type size.

    22ron 022 sm.jpg
    1024 x 590 - 81K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 30

    Edie's Happy

     

    edie happy 02 sm.jpg
    795 x 768 - 71K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 30

    It only hurts when he laughs.

    Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779
    edited March 30

    Maxwell's wearing his girdle.

    maxwell girdle sm.jpg
    1024 x 593 - 79K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
Sign In or Register to comment.