New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

1232425262729»

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    Khory said:
    Fixme12 said:
    Khory said:

The majority of people who use Studio and Poser tend to prefer conforming clothes to dynamic because they perceive them to be easier to use.

huh? yeah right if there is no option to chose it's fast said that people prefer conforming clothes.
    And that's why this thread is getting so big? people would like to play with dynamics and create their own dynamic clothes 'm pretty sure of that.

28 pages over 3 years isn't that big and I strongly suspect that if we counted up the number of individuals there wouldn't be a huge number. You seem to be unaware that I sell dynamic clothing products for Daz so I am rather overly in touch with how well dynamics sell. I'm also able to look at dynamics over the variety of market places for both studio and poser and assertain that they are not super popular. Peoples first response to that as far as studio goes is always that they would be more popular if every one could make them. The first response to the lack of a big dynamic market for poser is that people don't buy them because they can make thier own. The reality is that there are scores of things people can do on their own but that there is a triving market for. Lights are a perfect example of that. Anyone can do their own lights yet there is a triving market for them for both programs. Personaly I prefer dynamics for many clothing pieces but my liking them doesn't really translate into thousands of others prefering them as well.

I must say that I think one of the best dynamic pieces released for DS was your medieval dress. 

That said I would like to see dynamics in DS that can use normal models. I often use non daz figures and it would be great to use some of the dynamic clothing made for Poser being able to be used in DS. Dawn in particular has had some beautiful dynamic outfits that I would buy in an instant if DS had dynamics and I would love to be able to fit these outfits to Gen3 also. 

Dynamics in Poser has actually come a long way and there is a thriving market for  Poser dynamics in other brokerages. Rendo has a heap of dynamic clothing as does other stores. This thread is only representative of the number of people who are interested in using the current dynamics plug-in not of the interest in dynamics in general. I only mention Poser to show that there is more interest than you may envisage. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Pendraia said:
    Khory said:
    Fixme12 said:
    Khory said:

The majority of people who use Studio and Poser tend to prefer conforming clothes to dynamic because they perceive them to be easier to use.

huh? yeah right if there is no option to chose it's fast said that people prefer conforming clothes.
    And that's why this thread is getting so big? people would like to play with dynamics and create their own dynamic clothes 'm pretty sure of that.

28 pages over 3 years isn't that big and I strongly suspect that if we counted up the number of individuals there wouldn't be a huge number. You seem to be unaware that I sell dynamic clothing products for Daz so I am rather overly in touch with how well dynamics sell. I'm also able to look at dynamics over the variety of market places for both studio and poser and assertain that they are not super popular. Peoples first response to that as far as studio goes is always that they would be more popular if every one could make them. The first response to the lack of a big dynamic market for poser is that people don't buy them because they can make thier own. The reality is that there are scores of things people can do on their own but that there is a triving market for. Lights are a perfect example of that. Anyone can do their own lights yet there is a triving market for them for both programs. Personaly I prefer dynamics for many clothing pieces but my liking them doesn't really translate into thousands of others prefering them as well.

I must say that I think one of the best dynamic pieces released for DS was your medieval dress. 

That said I would like to see dynamics in DS that can use normal models. I often use non daz figures and it would be great to use some of the dynamic clothing made for Poser being able to be used in DS. Dawn in particular has had some beautiful dynamic outfits that I would buy in an instant if DS had dynamics and I would love to be able to fit these outfits to Gen3 also. 

Dynamics in Poser has actually come a long way and there is a thriving market for  Poser dynamics in other brokerages. Rendo has a heap of dynamic clothing as does other stores. This thread is only representative of the number of people who are interested in using the current dynamics plug-in not of the interest in dynamics in general. I only mention Poser to show that there is more interest than you may envisage. 

I was admiring a recent new release for poser. (I could be tempted to jump ship. I'll see what the new Poser 11 has to offer.)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    Pendraia said:
    Khory said:
    Fixme12 said:
    Khory said:

Daz dynamics pretty much fit any human figure. I've even seen some renders with a v4 dress on a fox character. It takes some work, from what I understand, but it looked good. I don't use genesis figures but have used genesis dynamics on v4 and m4, which is why I feel it was a waste to rerelease the medieval set for different figures.

I do covet so many of the dynamic outfits for dawn and at rendo, even the poser-only dynamics here, but I can't make heads or tales of Poser. So until daz dynamics get it together and get us moe stuff, I'm stuck with what I've got. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

I've used dynamics on robots. And I'm not talking one of those near-human androids, I'm talking one of those dystopian worker drones. ;) So, yeah.

I'd love to see that render, lol.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

I'll work on that today. Heh.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Store section of Martin's site has been replaced with a "buy everything for $25" page: http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/sale.php

• Is this project dead now ?

I wish I could see the old prices. I already have half of this stuff and am trying to figure out if it's worth $25 to rebuy half of it to get the other half. 

Does this change mean Martin is going out of business? Does this mean we won't be seeing any more Daz Dynamics?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

When they Dynamic Marial Arts outfit was released two or three months ago, he said would be producing more.

Have a couple of em, but most of what's left not interested it; there are however about five items I might have got eventually and they would have cost at least slightly more than the 25

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I thought most of them were in the $5 to 8 range...