The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited October 2015

Here she is my Lady Zorse Centaur ,who loves brite colors and occasionally dressing up!!

Centaur Zorse finery.png
    990 x 875 - 765K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited October 2015

Very cool!  You made this young Lady look great! 

Remember Dreamweaver?  ParrotDolphin?  the Okapi skins for both the MilHorse and V4 made for an interesting Centaur.  I think they made those skins.  I need to get back in to texture editing!

The human character is Yaana Anya (Moonbunnie).  I really wanted to render the complete Okapi human and horse. Pretty neat huh? :)

YaanaC_Elf-1_01.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 209K
    Post edited by McGrandpa on

I like the name Xai (spoken sigh).  I thought I was gonna get serious and write and illustrate a book.  Got a few words stuttered out and a few images rendered.  Here is Xai from foundling to young adult.  This is The Ages of Xai. laugh

Ages of Xai 01.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 100K
    edited October 2015

Xai as teen and toddler.

Xai-18-25_08.jpg
    998 x 1200 - 99K

How propitious!  Tonight is THAT night. ;)

This is my Nightmare Xai.

Xai-Nightmare_Tomb2_06-FUN.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 143K

Yaana Centaur, wearing the Oliver Heart Poncho.  Stunning garment that.

YaanaC_016.jpg
    955 x 900 - 78K

Different view of Yaana C. and the Heart Poncho.

YaanaC_015.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 63K

The Xai story;  this is right after Mayen brings the baby home.  That tyke was the hardest Figure/character to scale and size to look right of all I have ever done!  But it was worth it. smiley

Xai_Baby_01.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 333K
    edited October 2015

Xai is a young Lady now, and she is heading off on a major adventure.  She is to travel and meet the people she is from, and see another centaur for the first time in her life.  I end up changing outfits on the characters over and over till I am happy with what they are.  That can often take a while.  Just can't make up my mind.  I am SUCH a diva!  LOL!

Xai_027.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 284K
    Xai_25d1.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 198K
    Mayen_Xai_06.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 218K

Last one for tonight.   I created this one after the Frazetta Art Contest in 2008.  It was fun, and I was applying what Frank Frazetta talked about a few times. With any  life, there is movement. And, there is one instant in the whole range of motion that best says it.  That instant is the one you should present.  Some of us just SEE that naturally. Some of us have to learn how to do that.  

Xai-Nightmare_Katana_06.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 159K
  • Nice work on those I really like the nightmares

Thanks Robert! While they are easy to put together, "poke thru" happens in the horse neck at times.  But it is still a pleasure working with them.

Wow McG lovely renders!! I worked today so didn't get to check in any earlier,but very nice ,I think you could still write Xai's storey .......

• carrie58 said:

Wow McG lovely renders!! I worked today so didn't get to check in any earlier,but very nice ,I think you could still write Xai's storey .......

Carrie, I am starting to think on these things again.  The last 3 years have some haze throughout, meaning I am not up to parr even now.  May never be, as far as that goes.  BUT, I still feel that interest stirring.  Right now, I feel like I am chasing my own tail with health and doctor issues, plus worry about my little buddies.  There is something we human beans do pretty well.  Adjust.  The people around us don't always adjust with us, though.  So some leave us behind and go on their ways.  I just smile, and wobble along on my own slow little way.  Sorta like a Mondochewan.  :o) 

McG.

McGrandpa said:
    carrie58 said:

Carrie, I am starting to think on these things again.  The last 3 years have some haze throughout, meaning I am not up to parr even now.  May never be, as far as that goes.  BUT, I still feel that interest stirring.  Right now, I feel like I am chasing my own tail with health and doctor issues, plus worry about my little buddies.  There is something we human beans do pretty well.  Adjust.  The people around us don't always adjust with us, though.  So some leave us behind and go on their ways.  I just smile, and wobble along on my own slow little way.  Sorta like a Mondochewan.  :o) 

McG.

Well personally I'd suggest grab up a spiral notebook,and any time the mood hits ya start writing ,it can always get organized later.Ummm I would think dealing with cancer would have things abit hazy ,shoot I have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor,and she is now going on 10 years cancer free ,but she had a double masectomy ,heavy duty chemo ,and she said she fought depression for about 5 years after the surgery ,not because of the surgery,but because she felt her body had betrayed her,and that made her depressed and angry.Also no getting back to what WAS, normal may never happen ,but getting to a "better" then you are now is possible.

Well the one thing I've learned over the years is people come and people go ,some dissappear cause nope they can't adapt ,some can't deal with any sort of sickness ,some are just meant to be short term anyway.

I think you are nothing like the Mondochewan ,you've got too many fingers wink

• These days, I truly cherish anyone I am still conversing with for 5 years plus.  Even my own family seems to fall by the wayside. My kids TRY but they positively freak out when I just mention the 'C' word.  People are scared to death of it, and I guess I can't blame them.  But survivorship has increased a lot over the decades I have been around.  Apparently, the costs of treatments are so high most folks bear without the help and just die, because they can't pay for the help.    I am levelling with you here:  If it had not been for the help I get from the Veterans Administration Medical Centers and professionals, I would have died 5 years ago.  Then again two years ago.  I appreciate them.  I have to agree with you on my unrealistic expectations of health improvement.  I really DO need better than current!

I liken myself to Mondochewan for my size and appearance while wobbling around.  LOL!  :oD  laugh  yes  Yes, I still have 20 digits!  Heh!

Got the spiral notebook.  Am a leftie so the darn things are just aggravating!  Grrrrr!  Now if I wrote back pages to front, I could flip it over and journal daily!  As it is, I keep up with the BD writables I burn, and a few other odd notes to self.  And right now I need to order another keyboard! 

McG.

edited November 2015

Your kids probably freak out about loseing you,and since the "C" word is associated with that  ......well you get freak out .I personally tend to deal with illness or sickness,rather sarcastically,sassy .Then ther is the whole issue of being afraid of death ,and I'm probably stepping into forbidden territory here ,but I firmly believe in God and life after this world ,so while I'm not afraid of dying ,I'm not ready to go yet either .....

So why don't cha flip the notebook ,good grief I'm ambidexterous ,2 of my kids were lefties ,1 right handed , we did that alot ...or I'd buy the notebook paper and a clip boardand just keep a stack on the clip board write stuff out and then move it to a 3 ring binder. I taught them some things by diong them in front of a mirror ........

Right now I'm in the middle of packing up my house,sold it and moving ,jeez!!I swear some of this stuff gave birth to more stuff .......but come the New Year I will be a resident of North Carolina .Yeah me!!

Do better then you are currently??? Have you talked to your doctors about how you are doing?? and what do they say if you have,and if you haven't then why not??

Nosey old biddy ain't Ilaughlaugh

• Naaah!  See yer PM's :)

edited November 2015

Gotcha !!laugh

Met in the woods.png
    1038 x 911 - 2M
  • Beautiful Carrie! 

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210

Wow, lots of beautiful pictures here!

After some throwbacks in the past, I am okay right now!

edited November 2015

Yeah !!! Hemi !! Great to "see" you !! Glad to hear you are doing good now !!Big hugs !!

• Good to see ya man!   Been missing you around here, glad you look so well.  :o)

• Good to see you Hemi

edited November 2015

Self sorta portrait Genesis and Harry the HiveWire horse

CC in the kitchen.png
    1400 x 875 - 2M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited November 2015

I find myself being vaguely bugged by the narrowness of the horse neck in most of the centaurs posted here. Admittedly, I've done centaurs myself using the same method. But it's beginning to get to me.

I'm almost wondering whether there is some other way of managing it, like, say, increasing the human component and lowering it (I think it's the height of the human torso above the horse body which is bothering me. The center of balance is too high, and the "waist" is too narrow).

It would require an actual modeling program, I suspect, since I'm not sure that it could be done with just scaling and the standard morphs. The join would certainly be pretty dicy, since the human hips would need to cover the horse shoulders and sort of blend in along the edge, which would take genuine modification in a modeling program. But I was thinking that maybe conflating the horse shoulders with the human hips might make for a plausible hybrid. The human figure would need to be enlarged so the hips matched the shoulders of the horse, and instead of stuffing the human inside the horse neck, the horse would wear the human like a collar. The positining would be so that the human spine met up with the horse's and the shoulders sort of replaced the glutes.

The join could *maybe* be acomplished by a transmap with a soft feather, so the horse hide whould show through and gradually fade out until the human skin became dominant. There would be a good deal more human skin visible, overall, and in a sort of a "tease" since the human skin would continue over the tops of the shoulder area and fade out at the bottom of the front of the chest showing the horse hide rather like pubic hair, except that of course there are no human gens to be found.

I wonder, if once the modeling were done, it could be saved as a morph and applied to any human figure male or female, since there wouldn't be any particular difference in the shoulder area as to whether the centaur is male of female. 

If it works, I'd like to see it for Genesis. And possibly for more than one model of horse. Particularly the Hivewire one.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited November 2015

See I can't model at all but this is Genesis1 and Horse2 and I basically just did scaling to shrink the Horse neck 3&2 head and then made them invisible and scale Genesis hips to fit the remaining neck ,part of the issue too is the horse neck is narrow side to side where the human torso is narrow front to back ......I hope that made sense .I'm working on learning the skills but between packing and having Hexagon crashing just as I think I'm getting somewhere .......

I also agree that the human hips and the horse shoulders are what I think is an optimum blending point ,it's the only reason I have put off buying Sparky's centaurs for gen4 to me the human body is too low ......but that is just my personal opinion.

As you can see in my picture above I had a bit of issue blending  my round human posterior  with the horse neck ,but that is the  HiveWire Horse

Well can't seem to upload my picture right now so I'll try again later

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Yours is a very good Centaur by the current standards. It's just that I'm getting a bit dissatisfied with the current standards. Not that my own attempts were ever any better.

Well, maybe in another year I'll be able to take another 3D modeling class and get a new student version of Maya to work with. My old one timed out on me and I can't even open my old files..

• Using the MilHorse and M4 to create my "Break" character Centaur, I was able to get the X and Z scales out enough in all the neck and chest Actors to accomodate a human male that approximates a 7' tall Sumo wrestler and not leave the belly hanging over the horse chest.   I will have to rebuild the 'Taurs, Break included.  I never had a usable transmap for him though.  And didn't use enough to warrant one either.  I just dressed his upper.  The V4 'Teenage' Centaur should be an example of exactly what you dislike, JOdel.  And know it is just as allowed for me to love it as it is for you and the rest of the world to dislike it.  You aren't the only person in the old thread that liked a different look than this for their Centaurs.   There are people that are positively horrified with any hint of "Hips" being shown in the human half.   To each their own.  Let there be Peace with that.  smiley

Xai_029.jpg
    818 x 900 - 141K
    Xai_050.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 88K

heheheehe 3d has broke me I keep trying to look at the other side of pictures .........I like Break ,McG he a kind of clydedalish figure....